TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Hops to Once Upon a Time Spin-Off, Sing-Off Judge Exits and More!

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Cast Paul RubensOnce Upon a Time in Wonderland‘s White Rabbit has found his voice.

Paul Reubens, aka Pee-Wee Herman, will bring the CG character to life in the potential spin-off, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 2 Spoilers — Scoop on Robin Hood’s Arrival

The pilot presentation is told through the point of view of Alice (played by Sophie Lowe), who has a generous heart scarred by a hard life. Other characters featured in the project are Alice’s love interest Cyrus (Peter Gadiot), sardonic adventurer the Knave of Hearts (Being Human‘s Michael Socha) and the Red Queen (Hollyoaks‘ Emma Rigby). Barbara Hershey’s Cora may also appear if ABC picks up the limited series to bridge Once’s winter 2013-14 hiatus.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Sara Bareilles is leaving her post as a judge on NBC’s The Sing-Off to focus on her music, a source tells EW.com.

• The Incredible Burt Wonderstone co-stars Steve Carell and James Gandolfini are reteaming for the HBO movie Bone Wars. The actors would star in and exec-produce the project about the great dinosaur fossil race between two paleontologists.

• New Girl‘s Jake Johnson is moving into Emmy’s lead comedy actor race after competing in the supporting category last year, reports GoldDerby.com.

Shark Tank‘s Mark Cuban will lend his voice to American Dad next season, playing an evil genius out to become the No. 1 force in the universe, per EW.com. Luckily, a quartet of flight attendants — guest actors Gillian Jacobs (Community), Becki Newton (Ugly Betty), Thandie Newton (Mission: Impossible II) and Megalyn Echikunwoke (CSI: Miami) — will try to thwart his plans.

• Diedrich Bader will return to TV Land’s The Exes in Season 3, TVLine has learned exclusively. The funnyman will reprise his role as Holly’s boyfriend in Episode 2.

• Steven Weber — recently seen on Dallas — has joined the cast of TNT’s drama pilot Murder in the First, per Deadline. Created by Steven Bochco (NYPD Blue) and Eric Lodal and directed by Thomas Schlamme (The West Wing), the project centers on two San Francisco homicide detectives (played by Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson), with Weber co-starring as a personal pilot who is very protective of his CEO boss.

• Richard E. Grant — who recently appeared in the Doctor Who Christmas special — will guest-star in Girls‘ Season 3 premiere, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. powerturtle90sdudemon says:

Grant also appeared in last Saturday’s Doctor Who *spoilers* reprising his role as the Great Intelligence

2. omabin says:

That is a potentially smart move from Jake Johnson. Hopefully now he gets his overdue recognition, he is incredible as Nick on New Girl, and the lead actor category is way less crowded than the supporting one due to the absence of the Modern Family actors.

3. Rebecca says:

Aw, I liked Sara Breezy as a judge. Way better than Nicole. I should just be happy its coming back at all, love that show.

4. Alex says:

Since I think it’s why the sing-off is back, I think they should pick up one of the actresses from Pitch Perfect there, for their look at it as both a singer and actress.

5. kirads09 says:

Aww. I think Paul Ruebens will be great as the White Rabbit.
    Now – there has to be a Cheshire cat in Wonderland, right – right?

6. Mark says:

Glad it’s just his voice as I can’t stand the sight of pee wee (although his voice is one of his most annoying features)

7. yay jake johnson!! He certainly deserves a nod.

8. Ash says:

That’s good for JJ. Now we just need to get some TWD actors/actresses in the Emmy’s!

9. A says:

Can someone explain this spin-off to me? Is it like a miniseries sort of like American Horror Story with a beginning, middle and end? How many episodes is it? and while it airs all its episodes does that mean there will be no OUAT during the entire run of the spinoff since I remember reading that they were planning on airing during the Winter when OUAT goes on hiatus

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

AHS-style contained miniseries, would (theoretically) air for 13 (I believe) weeks, allowing ONCE itself to run repeat-free before and after. At least, that is the dream.

• Will says:

Basically, yes, OUaT will be gone the entire time this series runs, which I think they said is something around 12-13 episodes. The plus side to this is not only will we not have the on-again off-again schedule after winter hiatus that we did this year, but even during this longer break, we’ll still have a weekly show set in the OUaT universe. Seems like the best of every possible world to me, short of OUaT never going on break at all.

• A says:

Oh ok. Yeah I like the idea of this spinoff being around during the OUAT hiatus and having full back to back runs.. Although, the negative person in me knows they will most likely still find ways to put in more breaks for OUAT because of award shows, superbowl, etc.

10. Elly says:

I seriously hope they submit the “Julius Peppercorn” episode, he was way too funny in that ep.

11. Lecholls says:

Go Jake Johnson! He deserves it. He has been incredible this season.

12. Tom Charles says:

So Cuban’s playing an evil version of himself? Cool.

13. Lorena says:

Pee-Wee as the white rabbit, he is perfect!!

14. Amy says:

I’m rooting for Jake Johnson all the way! I hope he will WIN. I’m amazed by his acting skills. He’s such a genuine and raw actor. And he has been on a roll in this season especially!

15. Not so sure on who’s going to replace Sara Bareilles on the upcoming season of The Sing-Off. Only time will tell.

16. Dee says:

Aw man…..I kept scouring Sara’s twitter hoping she would come back to The Sing Off. She was an awesome addition.

17. Mikael says:

I hope Wonderland gets picked up. I want to see Barbara Hershey as full-on Queen of Hearts!

18. This really is definitely beneficial and impressive information. Thank you for sharing your fresh views and knowledge on this topic. I would prefer to see more.