Fangtastic First Look: The Vampire Diaries Takes The Originals to New Orleans

The Vampire Diaries sends its First Family to New Orleans on April 25 (The CW, 8/7c) and we’ve got a sneak peek at the potential Originals offshoot.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

In the “planted” spin-off, Klaus heads to the Big Easy after learning that there is a plot brewing against him there. He’s accompanied by siblings Elijah (who finds out Hayley’s in town searching for clues about her family history) and Rebekah.

Also spotted in the photos below are fresh faces Marcel (The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis), Klaus’ diabolical former protégé who now controls New Orleans, and witch Sophie (Daniella Pineda), aka Hayley’s captor.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (34)

• …These pictures have been out for a while now?

Comment by Grrrrp – April 4, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Welcome to TV Line. My favorite is when an episode is about to air and they post some sneak peak the day before it airs but what they’re linking to is just the teaser that played after last week’s episode and has this been out for like six days.

Comment by B – April 4, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thus

Comment by B – April 4, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Welcome to the internet, where you have the power to choose! For instance, if you have issues with a website you can choose note to patronize it. Or you could choose to spend your time complaining in the comments section. That helps.

Comment by Whitney – April 4, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited for the Originals spin off. I’m sure it’ll get picked up to series since TVD is such a hit. I hope it’s as good as the early seasons of TVD!!!

Comment by Elyse – April 4, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Hayley is being held captive then? That’s new info.

Comment by Fabe – April 4, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No1curr about Haley tho.

Comment by Rob – April 4, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But any reason for Phoebe Tonkin to have more screen time is always a gift. I’m sure that as a series regular on The Originals spin-off her character will have more of a chance to be fleshed out so we will be able to care then.

Comment by iMember – April 4, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Phoebe and Claire on the same screen again will be amazing!!!! I’m so excited even tho I really don’t want them to give them a spinoff…

Comment by luli – April 4, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You need to learn how to spell, dumbass. Hayley has fans, all due to Phoebe’s fanbase.

Comment by bklyngirl – April 5, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elijah ? I’m sold

Comment by mac – April 4, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god they actually took the time to film New Orleans vs last time this season where they made Atlanta try to look like the French Quarter and mispronounced a bunch of street names.

Comment by Amanda – April 4, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – April 4, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Haley wasn’t a part of the spin-off!

Comment by Jess – April 4, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she plays an important role in the spin-off..

Comment by G – April 4, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t this captor kill Hayley?? Seriously, these writers are wanting to kill this series before it even begins by bringing this highly unpopular character on.

Comment by Amber – April 4, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please, Pheobe has a fan draw. Get over it Klarolines, she will proceed on the spinoff!

Comment by bklyngirl – April 5, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im excited about the spin off for two reason. The “Originals” is one of my favorite origin stories of vampires/werewolves/witches iv seen in all of media. And the actors/actress who play the Originals are fantastic.
    I wish like Arrow, they would have flash backs in almost every episode of “The Originals” which would show the experiences of the Originals (together or separated) through out all the years they lived from being human to vampire to the present.

Comment by M3rc Nate – April 4, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does that mean after this episode Klaus and co. won’t be filming episodes of TVD any more? I imagine if they’re travelling to New Orleans that means they won’t be coming back.

Or is this the finale episode?

Comment by kavyn – April 4, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There has been teases by Julie and Joseph about possible crossovers between tvd and the originals tv shows.

Comment by Jessica – April 5, 2013 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Rebekah to stay in TVD, she is my favorite character and I’m not convinced 100 % about this spinoff…

Comment by luli – April 4, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wanted her to stay too and be with Stefan. But I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

Comment by Julie – April 5, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Never say never. I love Rebekah too. Think she would be good for Stefan. I hope the originals spin off doesn’t happen, it will split the stories and writers and Vampire Diaries will suffer. If it does happen I probably won’t watch. Klaus is the worst character.
        Of course I will watch the Apr 25th episode to see how it relates to TVD. I hope they don’t use those ratings to justify the spin off. That is just the TVD followers watching TVD.

Comment by Gerald – April 5, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything seems great… except the Hailey… all the involved are good actors and the actress playing the character is typical cw acting school…. I can imagine her impacting a scene only bringing it down.. the originals should bee the cw stray from teen drama right? I mean with Joseph Morgan as a lead they really have a hit

Comment by lonestarjrs – April 5, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um…did you just call Phoebe Tonkin’s a typical “CW” actress. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no! Her character hasn’t been given that much to do or for her to work with yet in TVD. She hasn’t been given much depth. Phoebe Tonkin is a phenominal actress.

Comment by iMember – April 5, 2013 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited about everything but Hayley. I wasn’t crazy about her on Secret Circle, and same here. Not sure if it’s her acting, the characters she’s playing, or what.

Comment by Tee – April 5, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Not exactly sure what it is. But it is.

Comment by pat – April 23, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Katherine could join Elijah

Comment by Julia – April 5, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funnily the originals are some of my favorite characters in the series, but thats because of there interactions with the main characters of TVD, Love Klaus with Caroline and Stefan, Love Rebekah with all of them and Elijah makes Elena bearable. So with them gone TVD is guna feel empty. I also dont understand the importance of Haley being there other than they really like the actress, its just like theve planted her in there. I hope that the pilot doesnt happen just because none of it really makes any sense, also the originals are great supporting characters not main ones!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – April 5, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God Elijah is pretty in a nice suit.

Comment by M – April 5, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Phoebe Tonkin, I really liked her as Fay on TSC but so far on TVD her character has really got my interest, I hope that her character gets a chance to develop on The Originals!!!

Comment by monta267 – April 7, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they wouldn’t split into 2 stories. I don’t want the TVD storyline to suffer. We must have Damon!!!

Comment by Janie – April 9, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post