Exclusive: Gilmore Girl Gets Twisted for ABC Family Mystery Series

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Twisted Season 1 CastGilmore Girls alumna Keiko Agena has found a Twisted role.

The actress will guest-star on the new ABC Family mystery series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Ravenswood Cast — Exclusive Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off News

Twisted centers on a charismatic 16-year-old (played by Victorious‘ Avan Jogia) with a troubled past who spends five years in juvenile detention and then reconnects with his two female best friends from childhood (The Finder‘s Maddie Hasson and The Sitter‘s Kylie Bunbury).

Agena — who recently appeared on Showtime’s Shameless — will play April Tanaka, a bohemian grief specialist who heads up a counseling session for the students at Green Grove High.

Additionally, Brittany Curran (Men of a Certain Age) has landed the recurring part of Phoebe, an overly dramatic classmate who enjoys the limelight and tries to bond with Bunbury’s Lacey.

Both characters will make their debut in Episode 2.

Comments (19)

• Didn’t she also play the White House staffer that died in the shooting arc on Scandal?

Comment by Mo – April 2, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was Brenda Song.

Comment by Amanda – April 2, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No that was her. Brenda played David Rosen’s assistant

Comment by Win – April 2, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re right. I must be losing my mind.

Comment by Amanda – April 2, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes she did. She was the press secretary who died.
      Amanda, Brenda Song played David Rosen’s assistant/paralegal.

Comment by madhatter360 – April 2, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amanda was played by Liza (GG’s Paris) is Season 1. The WH staffer’s name – I think – was Britta Kagen. I remembered the name and I remembered it being her, but, I wasn’t sure. Thanks! :)

Comment by mo – April 2, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was referring to the commenter Amanda, not the character.

Comment by madhatter360 – April 2, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right. I must be losing my mind.

Comment by Amanda – April 2, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the pilot for Twisted and it was awful. I hope they don’t pick it up over Lying Game.

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and by pick it up I mean for the back half of its first season lol I just wish they would give Lying Game the credit it deserves and quit waiting so long for pick ups!

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Elyse. Renewing Baby Daddy before season two even airs, and renewing PLL for season five before season four airs is like a slap in the face. The Lying Game is a great show. Saw the Twisted pilot and didn’t really care for it.

Comment by Brandy – April 2, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • total slap in the face! Lying Game is an amazing show… I wanted to like Twisted but I just don’t. I might give it another episode but idk because the pilot was pretty bad.

Comment by Elyse – April 3, 2013 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “LANE KIM !!!” yelled Mrs. Kim. “YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR THIS!”

Comment by april-ann – April 2, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love that! I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed Lane and her mother. Most of my love goes to Suki and Jackson, but the Kim family were solid support for the show’s leads.

Comment by Chiana – April 2, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks, Chiana! Solid support for sure, as were Sookie and Jackson. I know I sure liked them more than I did the other “supports”, those time-fillers (time wasters?) Taylor and Kirk, who did have their moments, but their good “moments” were few and far between so I saw them (and still do) as I-can-go-get-a-glass-of-water (wine) time. But what little the Kims’ did get was nothing but pure substance. I made sure I missed nothing of them.

Comment by april-ann – April 2, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^ lol

Comment by Khwaish – April 2, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • … I actually liked the Twisted pilot. Ha ha. It had the perfect amount of ABC Family camp. Plus, I love shows where I can yell at the characters. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You’re so dumb. Don’t go in there!” Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – April 2, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn´t that the Dexter-wannabe show?

Comment by Emily – April 3, 2013 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and hope it gets to finish and come back for another season.

Comment by Kaycee – July 9, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post