Exclusive

Exclusive: Gilmore Girl Gets Twisted for ABC Family Mystery Series

Twisted Season 1 CastGilmore Girls alumna Keiko Agena has found a Twisted role.

The actress will guest-star on the new ABC Family mystery series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Ravenswood Cast — Exclusive Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off News

Twisted centers on a charismatic 16-year-old (played by Victorious‘ Avan Jogia) with a troubled past who spends five years in juvenile detention and then reconnects with his two female best friends from childhood (The Finder‘s Maddie Hasson and The Sitter‘s Kylie Bunbury).

Agena — who recently appeared on Showtime’s Shameless — will play April Tanaka, a bohemian grief specialist who heads up a counseling session for the students at Green Grove High.

Additionally, Brittany Curran (Men of a Certain Age) has landed the recurring part of Phoebe, an overly dramatic classmate who enjoys the limelight and tries to bond with Bunbury’s Lacey.

Both characters will make their debut in Episode 2.

1. Mo says:

Didn’t she also play the White House staffer that died in the shooting arc on Scandal?

2. Elyse says:

I watched the pilot for Twisted and it was awful. I hope they don’t pick it up over Lying Game.

• Elyse says:

and by pick it up I mean for the back half of its first season lol I just wish they would give Lying Game the credit it deserves and quit waiting so long for pick ups!

• Brandy says:

I agree with Elyse. Renewing Baby Daddy before season two even airs, and renewing PLL for season five before season four airs is like a slap in the face. The Lying Game is a great show. Saw the Twisted pilot and didn’t really care for it.

• Elyse says:

total slap in the face! Lying Game is an amazing show… I wanted to like Twisted but I just don’t. I might give it another episode but idk because the pilot was pretty bad.

3. april-ann says:

“LANE KIM !!!” yelled Mrs. Kim. “YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR THIS!”

• Chiana says:

Love that! I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed Lane and her mother. Most of my love goes to Suki and Jackson, but the Kim family were solid support for the show’s leads.

• april-ann says:

Thanks, Chiana! Solid support for sure, as were Sookie and Jackson. I know I sure liked them more than I did the other “supports”, those time-fillers (time wasters?) Taylor and Kirk, who did have their moments, but their good “moments” were few and far between so I saw them (and still do) as I-can-go-get-a-glass-of-water (wine) time. But what little the Kims’ did get was nothing but pure substance. I made sure I missed nothing of them.

4. Khwaish says:

^ lol

5. Babybop says:

… I actually liked the Twisted pilot. Ha ha. It had the perfect amount of ABC Family camp. Plus, I love shows where I can yell at the characters. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You’re so dumb. Don’t go in there!” Ha ha.

6. Emily says:

Isn´t that the Dexter-wannabe show?

7. Kaycee says:

I love the show and hope it gets to finish and come back for another season.