Pretty Little Exclusive: Meet Ravenswood's Crew!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Pretty Little Liars Spinoff RavenswoodPretty Little Liars is ready to introduce some of the good people of Ravenswood, and we’ve got exclusive details on the spin-off’s cast of tortured characters.

RELATED | ABC Family Renews Pretty Little Liars for Season 5

The new drama finds five strangers suddenly connected by a fatal curse that haunts the city, prompting them to dig into their hometown’s mysterious past before it’s too late.

Read on to get the scoop on three Ravenswood series regulars who will make their debut during Liars’ third annual Halloween special, which will introduce the off-shoot’s titular city and its residents.

MIRANDA | She’s a feisty, disarming and unconventionally attractive 17-year-old. As a fiercely independent foster kid, she has tons of confidence, but it was hard-won. She uses her wits to cover her emotional scars. If you can break through the tough exterior, you’ve got a fearless, loyal friend for life.

ABEL | Hottie alert: The 17-year-old is a lone wolf and old soul with brooding intensity. He may have something dangerous lurking inside him — or maybe he’s just wounded and trying to hide it. His trust is hard to earn, but once you’ve got it, he’ll never let you down.

OLIVIA | Abel’s twin sister is a former prom queen who is struggling with a recent fall from grace. She used to be a carefree, happy teenager, but recent events have her questioning what’s important, what’s not and who her real friends are now that they’ve suddenly turned their backs on her.

Got any casting ideas? Hit the comments!

Comments (59)

• So excited!
    These character profiles seem great, definitely different from the PLL characters :D

Comment by Kaycee – April 2, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miranda sounds like a female version of Caleb.

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and Abel sounds a lot like Toby.

Comment by Erin – April 2, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you are totally right! he does :)

Comment by Elyse – April 3, 2013 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steven R McQueen for Abel? I just miss him on TV already. He’s also looking a lot older than 17 lately so maybe not. Elizabeth Gillies for Miranda but that mostly popping into my head because of Avan Jogia being cast on Twisted. I don’t know how I feel about a spin-off of this show, but I think it’ll highly depend on the casting whether or not I watch it.

Comment by Ashley – April 2, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!! Definitely have to have Steven for one of the characters!!! I still cant believe he’s just gone from TVD!! :’(

Comment by Rachel – April 3, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on The Perks of Being a College Student and commented:
    For all my fellow PLL fans out there…here’s some scoop on the spin-off, Ravenswood!

Comment by isabelmonca – April 2, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definetely can see Sara Paxton from (Lovestruck) as Miranda, she used to be a disney Star and it´s not like she´s doing anything else right now and Steven R McQueen is a really good choice for Abel and finally Grace Phipps fom (The Nine Lives of Chloe King), as Olivia, Abel´s twin sister-xo

Comment by Macauly Carson Culkin – April 2, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just recently got into Pretty Little Liars a few weeks ago because of my boyfriend but I’m nearly done with season 3 already and I *love* it. I love supernatural dramas even more so if Ravenswood is as good as PLL I’ll love it even more just because it’s weirder. I’m really excited.

Comment by Cory – April 2, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would say maybe Emma Roberts, Liz Gillies, Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, Logan Lerman, or Ezra Miller.

Comment by Elizabeth Klein – April 2, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can really see Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda!

Comment by Mica – April 2, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s already gonna be on a new show The Originals on CW this fall.No way CW passes on that.

Comment by Brandy – April 2, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually know why you can see Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda. When I read the description, I automatically thought of Faye from The Secret Circle. I miss that show so much now. But yeah, Phoebe is otherwised occupied. ):

Comment by iMember – April 2, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shelley Hennig for Miranda or Olivia! I’m sure she’d nail her part, she’s truly amazing!

Comment by Ria – April 2, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mackenzie Rosman for MIRANDA!
    Abel-that guy that played Nick in The Secret Circle!
    Olivia- Yael Grobglas!(Doubt the Selection will get picked up)

Comment by maki – April 2, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Selection may just be picked up. I has been said the president of CW really likes the script this time around. If the pilot is as good, no doubt they’ll give it a series order.

Totally agree with your suggestion of Louis Hunter (Nick from Secret Circle). He’d fit the role well. It does sound like Nick Armstrong from The Secret Circle.

This show is giving me TSC vibes! <3

Comment by iMember – April 2, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mackenzie rosman is a perfect fit but I highly doubt it. Really wish it now,missing seeing her on tv. I don’t know about the twins,,,got to be look alikes

Comment by Sanni – April 2, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan Minnette as Abel?

Comment by Theo – April 2, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuup liz gillies would be cool,she was ma fave on victorious.

Comment by ruby – April 2, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could see Indana Evans or Chanell Celaya as Miranda. Danielle Campbell or Sarah Hyland as Olivia.

Comment by Myra – April 2, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda, Avan Jogia or Jake T. Austin as Abel, and Victoria Justice or Lindsey Shaw as Olivia.

Comment by Jiquan Ginuwine Songz – April 2, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like that Idea lol(:

Comment by Maekayla – April 2, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phoebe will be on The Orginals, and isnt Avan Jogia on Twisted?

Comment by Brandy – April 2, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miranda sounds like Jade West (Elizabeth Gillies) from Victorious. It would be kinda the same character she plays in Victorious (hard, rude) but I wish to see her in other serie. Or maybe Sofia Black-D’Elia, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Alyson Stoner, Georgie Henley, and it would be great to see Liam Aiken again. Or Sean Flynn.

Comment by Lily Lopez – April 2, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britt Robertson as Olivia and Phoebe Tokin as Miranda.

Comment by Tatiana – April 2, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Britt is aleady in Under the Dome and Phoebe will be on The Originals.Plus, Britt seems to be a show killer,Life Unexpected lastdd two seasons,Secret Circle one season.

Comment by Brandy – April 2, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hardly enough to be considered a show killer. And it’s interesting, even if she doesn’t have luck in television, she’s landing some phenomenal indie movie roles and giving some Grade A performances. Like her most recent movie with Dylan O’Brien. She’s being praised for that by critics recently.

Comment by iMember – April 2, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sterling Beaumon or Colin Ford as Abel, both very good young actors.

Comment by mike – April 2, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like a few unknowns to take on a couple of the series regular roles! That’s how we discovered Shay Mitchell. But I’d like to see Liz Gillies in the bad girl role for sure, even as Jade in Victorious, she always had a likeable quality about her.

Comment by Jack – April 2, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate to be a buzz kill, but how is this gonna work?
    You just cant inject the supernatural into the universe of PLL.
    Surely the two shows have to exist in different universes/dimensions for this to work.

Comment by T – April 2, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, I could definatley see Jennifer Lawrence as Miranda, Kellan Lutz as Abel, and Maya Mitchell as Olivia.

Comment by Brenda – April 2, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Or maybe Dylan Olsen for Abel

Comment by Brenda – April 2, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Willa Holland as Miranda.

Comment by Candice – April 3, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You all seem to have missed the part where Miranda is supposed to be Unconventionally attractive.

Comment by Sally – April 3, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like Miranda Cosgrove on this show.

Comment by Miranda Cosgrove BR (@mcosgrovecombr) – April 3, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Liz gillies would be great as maranda

Comment by Jasmine – April 4, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see them change it from fraternal boy girl twins to actual girl twins. I feel like I see too many boy girl twins nowadays!

Comment by Lili – April 4, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Emily Osment or Emma Roberta would be really good as Miranda.
    For Abel I think Joe Jonas would be really good.
    And for Olivia, I think they should cast Daniella Monet or Erin Sanders.

Comment by Rachel – April 6, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Emily Osment could be a good Miranda but she could do a good Olivia if they have Landon Liboiron play Abel they could actually look like twins, and Chloe Rose good do a good Miranda!

Comment by Becca – April 12, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stefani thatcher as Olivia, Avan jogia as Abel, and Danielle campbell or stella hugdens for Miranda.

Comment by debby – April 6, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ravenswood Rules

Stefani Thatcher as Miranda
    Avan Jogia as Abel
    Danielle Campbell or Stella Hudgens as Olivia

Comment by danni – April 6, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree,
      Stefani Thatcher as Miranda,
      Avan Jogia as Abel
      Stella Hudgens as Olivia

Comment by bella – April 7, 2013 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh! I’m so excited for this!!!!!!!!! Ok so fav choices based in characters bios up top are:
    Miranda: Scarlett bruns
    Abel: Thomas Dekker
    Olivia: Shenae Grimes

but they might be a bit old?! but every1 on tv is like way older in real life so whatevs these actors would KILL it. AAH so excited!!!

Comment by Jess – April 7, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SELENA GOMEZ!!!

Comment by Jassy – April 8, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m SOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS I LOVE PLL !!!! EMILIA ZORYAN I can totally see her as Miranda I saw her on Hulu last night she was amazing in Falling Overnight and cant get her off my mind

Comment by Cathy N – April 8, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly think Abel should be played by Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl) He’s a great actor and it sounds like he would fit the role perfectly! <3

Comment by Lydia H – April 8, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing

Comment by better skin – April 9, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anybody ever thought that maybe the connection to PLL, is that Miranda, is Toby’s sister that he didn’t know he had. They were both foster children at some point. And they sound alike.

Comment by A – April 10, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miranda: Chloe rose, cassie steele,
    Abel: landon liboiron, thomas dekker, louis hunter, daniel clarke, steven r mcqueen, dylan everett, Sam Earle, burkely duffield
    Olivia: if I’m going with burkely then victoria duffield, olivia scriven, erica dasher, ana mulvoy ten, louisa burnham-connelly.

Comment by Mariah Anne – April 10, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chloe Rose for Miranda
      Emily Osment for Olivia and Landon Liboiron for Abel they could pull of being twins!!

Comment by HaHA – April 12, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TONY OLLER AND LEIGHTON MEESTER!! Casting ideas. :p

Comment by Twana – April 12, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Osment as Miranda
    Chloe Rose as Olivia
    Nathan Kress as Abel

Comment by Becca – April 12, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see a fresh new group of actors. ( unknowns please ) Thank You!

Comment by Marla – April 13, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MIRANDA sounds like alison

Comment by sssssssssssssdddddddd – April 20, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How great it would be to see evan peters here, it’s a bit of a long-shot since abcfamily isn’t the type to cast high profile actors.

Comment by jenzo – April 26, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of the actors mentioned are very young… usually it’s older people that play parts of teenagers. hope it stays that way, it would be awkward to watch someone with a baby-face.

Comment by jenzo – April 26, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post