Exclusive

Pretty Little Exclusive: Meet Ravenswood's Crew!

Pretty Little Liars Spinoff RavenswoodPretty Little Liars is ready to introduce some of the good people of Ravenswood, and we’ve got exclusive details on the spin-off’s cast of tortured characters.

RELATED | ABC Family Renews Pretty Little Liars for Season 5

The new drama finds five strangers suddenly connected by a fatal curse that haunts the city, prompting them to dig into their hometown’s mysterious past before it’s too late.

Read on to get the scoop on three Ravenswood series regulars who will make their debut during Liars’ third annual Halloween special, which will introduce the off-shoot’s titular city and its residents.

MIRANDA | She’s a feisty, disarming and unconventionally attractive 17-year-old. As a fiercely independent foster kid, she has tons of confidence, but it was hard-won. She uses her wits to cover her emotional scars. If you can break through the tough exterior, you’ve got a fearless, loyal friend for life.

ABEL | Hottie alert: The 17-year-old is a lone wolf and old soul with brooding intensity. He may have something dangerous lurking inside him — or maybe he’s just wounded and trying to hide it. His trust is hard to earn, but once you’ve got it, he’ll never let you down.

OLIVIA | Abel’s twin sister is a former prom queen who is struggling with a recent fall from grace. She used to be a carefree, happy teenager, but recent events have her questioning what’s important, what’s not and who her real friends are now that they’ve suddenly turned their backs on her.

Got any casting ideas? Hit the comments!

1. Kaycee says:

So excited!
    These character profiles seem great, definitely different from the PLL characters :D

2. Elyse says:

Miranda sounds like a female version of Caleb.

3. Ashley says:

Steven R McQueen for Abel? I just miss him on TV already. He’s also looking a lot older than 17 lately so maybe not. Elizabeth Gillies for Miranda but that mostly popping into my head because of Avan Jogia being cast on Twisted. I don’t know how I feel about a spin-off of this show, but I think it’ll highly depend on the casting whether or not I watch it.

• Rachel says:

Yes!! Definitely have to have Steven for one of the characters!!! I still cant believe he’s just gone from TVD!! :'(

4. isabelmonca says:

Reblogged this on The Perks of Being a College Student and commented:
    For all my fellow PLL fans out there…here’s some scoop on the spin-off, Ravenswood!

5. Macauly Carson Culkin says:

I definetely can see Sara Paxton from (Lovestruck) as Miranda, she used to be a disney Star and it´s not like she´s doing anything else right now and Steven R McQueen is a really good choice for Abel and finally Grace Phipps fom (The Nine Lives of Chloe King), as Olivia, Abel´s twin sister-xo

6. Cory says:

I just recently got into Pretty Little Liars a few weeks ago because of my boyfriend but I’m nearly done with season 3 already and I *love* it. I love supernatural dramas even more so if Ravenswood is as good as PLL I’ll love it even more just because it’s weirder. I’m really excited.

7. Elizabeth Klein says:

I would say maybe Emma Roberts, Liz Gillies, Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, Logan Lerman, or Ezra Miller.

8. Mica says:

I can really see Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda!

• Brandy says:

She’s already gonna be on a new show The Originals on CW this fall.No way CW passes on that.

• iMember says:

I actually know why you can see Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda. When I read the description, I automatically thought of Faye from The Secret Circle. I miss that show so much now. But yeah, Phoebe is otherwised occupied. ):

9. Ria says:

Shelley Hennig for Miranda or Olivia! I’m sure she’d nail her part, she’s truly amazing!

10. maki says:

Mackenzie Rosman for MIRANDA!
    Abel-that guy that played Nick in The Secret Circle!
    Olivia- Yael Grobglas!(Doubt the Selection will get picked up)

• iMember says:

The Selection may just be picked up. I has been said the president of CW really likes the script this time around. If the pilot is as good, no doubt they’ll give it a series order.

Totally agree with your suggestion of Louis Hunter (Nick from Secret Circle). He’d fit the role well. It does sound like Nick Armstrong from The Secret Circle.

This show is giving me TSC vibes! <3

• Sanni says:

Mackenzie rosman is a perfect fit but I highly doubt it. Really wish it now,missing seeing her on tv. I don’t know about the twins,,,got to be look alikes

11. Theo says:

Dylan Minnette as Abel?

12. ruby says:

Yuup liz gillies would be cool,she was ma fave on victorious.

13. Myra says:

I could see Indana Evans or Chanell Celaya as Miranda. Danielle Campbell or Sarah Hyland as Olivia.

14. Phoebe Tonkin as Miranda, Avan Jogia or Jake T. Austin as Abel, and Victoria Justice or Lindsey Shaw as Olivia.

15. Lily Lopez says:

Miranda sounds like Jade West (Elizabeth Gillies) from Victorious. It would be kinda the same character she plays in Victorious (hard, rude) but I wish to see her in other serie. Or maybe Sofia Black-D’Elia, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Alyson Stoner, Georgie Henley, and it would be great to see Liam Aiken again. Or Sean Flynn.

16. Tatiana says:

Britt Robertson as Olivia and Phoebe Tokin as Miranda.

• Brandy says:

Britt is aleady in Under the Dome and Phoebe will be on The Originals.Plus, Britt seems to be a show killer,Life Unexpected lastdd two seasons,Secret Circle one season.

• iMember says:

Hardly enough to be considered a show killer. And it’s interesting, even if she doesn’t have luck in television, she’s landing some phenomenal indie movie roles and giving some Grade A performances. Like her most recent movie with Dylan O’Brien. She’s being praised for that by critics recently.

17. mike says:

Sterling Beaumon or Colin Ford as Abel, both very good young actors.

18. Jack says:

I’d like a few unknowns to take on a couple of the series regular roles! That’s how we discovered Shay Mitchell. But I’d like to see Liz Gillies in the bad girl role for sure, even as Jade in Victorious, she always had a likeable quality about her.

19. T says:

Hate to be a buzz kill, but how is this gonna work?
    You just cant inject the supernatural into the universe of PLL.
    Surely the two shows have to exist in different universes/dimensions for this to work.

20. Brenda says:

So, I could definatley see Jennifer Lawrence as Miranda, Kellan Lutz as Abel, and Maya Mitchell as Olivia.

21. Brenda says:

Or maybe Dylan Olsen for Abel

22. Candice says:

Willa Holland as Miranda.

23. Sally says:

You all seem to have missed the part where Miranda is supposed to be Unconventionally attractive.

24. I would like Miranda Cosgrove on this show.

25. Jasmine says:

I think Liz gillies would be great as maranda

26. Lili says:

I’d like to see them change it from fraternal boy girl twins to actual girl twins. I feel like I see too many boy girl twins nowadays!

27. Rachel says:

I think Emily Osment or Emma Roberta would be really good as Miranda.
    For Abel I think Joe Jonas would be really good.
    And for Olivia, I think they should cast Daniella Monet or Erin Sanders.

• Becca says:

I think Emily Osment could be a good Miranda but she could do a good Olivia if they have Landon Liboiron play Abel they could actually look like twins, and Chloe Rose good do a good Miranda!

28. debby says:

Stefani thatcher as Olivia, Avan jogia as Abel, and Danielle campbell or stella hugdens for Miranda.

29. danni says:

Ravenswood Rules

Stefani Thatcher as Miranda
    Avan Jogia as Abel
    Danielle Campbell or Stella Hudgens as Olivia

30. Jess says:

oh! I’m so excited for this!!!!!!!!! Ok so fav choices based in characters bios up top are:
    Miranda: Scarlett bruns
    Abel: Thomas Dekker
    Olivia: Shenae Grimes

but they might be a bit old?! but every1 on tv is like way older in real life so whatevs these actors would KILL it. AAH so excited!!!

31. Jassy says:

SELENA GOMEZ!!!

32. Cathy N says:

OMG I’m SOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS I LOVE PLL !!!! EMILIA ZORYAN I can totally see her as Miranda I saw her on Hulu last night she was amazing in Falling Overnight and cant get her off my mind

33. Lydia H says:

I honestly think Abel should be played by Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl) He’s a great actor and it sounds like he would fit the role perfectly! <3

34. better skin says:

Hi, thanks for sharing

35. A says:

Has anybody ever thought that maybe the connection to PLL, is that Miranda, is Toby’s sister that he didn’t know he had. They were both foster children at some point. And they sound alike.

36. Mariah Anne says:

Miranda: Chloe rose, cassie steele,
    Abel: landon liboiron, thomas dekker, louis hunter, daniel clarke, steven r mcqueen, dylan everett, Sam Earle, burkely duffield
    Olivia: if I’m going with burkely then victoria duffield, olivia scriven, erica dasher, ana mulvoy ten, louisa burnham-connelly.

37. Twana says:

TONY OLLER AND LEIGHTON MEESTER!! Casting ideas. :p

38. Becca says:

Emily Osment as Miranda
    Chloe Rose as Olivia
    Nathan Kress as Abel

39. Marla says:

I would love to see a fresh new group of actors. ( unknowns please ) Thank You!

40. sssssssssssssdddddddd says:

MIRANDA sounds like alison

41. jenzo says:

How great it would be to see evan peters here, it’s a bit of a long-shot since abcfamily isn’t the type to cast high profile actors.

42. jenzo says:

Most of the actors mentioned are very young… usually it’s older people that play parts of teenagers. hope it stays that way, it would be awkward to watch someone with a baby-face.

43. Lizzie McGuire says: