Ratings: The Voice Steady, Bones and Castle Tick Up, Revolution and DWTS Down

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Revolution The Voice Castle BonesOn a Monday night when CBS took a knee, Fox’s Bones and ABC’s Castle were the only shows to enjoy week-to-week gains. Two freshman dramas, meanwhile, hit series lows.

Opening Fox’s night, Bones drew 7 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating, steady in audience and ticking up a tenth in the demo. The Following followed with 6.5 mil/2.2, slipping a tenth to a season low.

RELATED | The Following Recap: Be Our Guest

NBC’s The Voice kicked off Week 2 with 13.1 mil and a 4.6, dipping just 4 percent week-to-week and dominating the night in the demo. Revolution led out of that with 6.7 mil/2.3, dropping 12 percent in the demo to a series low.

RELATED | The Voice Recap: Living La Vida ‘Loca’

Over on ABC, Dancing With the Stars (13.8 mil/2.1) had the night’s largest audience (though not by much) but fell 12 percent in the demo week-to-week. Castle‘s 100th episode (11.8 mil/2.2) ticked up 11 percent (to a new season’s-best audience) and a tenth.

RELATED | Castle Episode 100 Recap — Plus Burning Questions About ‘Love’ and More Hot Topics Answered

The CW’s Carrie Diaries, with 973,000 viewers and a 0.4, rose 17 percent in audience while flat in the demo.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Tags:

Comments (32)

• Castle beats DWTS on demo? Is that ever happened before?
    And I think Castle deserve it, it was an epic episode last night!!

Comment by siskaaw – April 2, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Castle tied it once before, but it has never beaten it. Also once the Voice overrun is factor in, it is possible for Revolution to lose a tenth of a point which would mean Castle and Revolution would have tied in the demo.. Great news for ABC and Castle.

Comment by eridapo – April 2, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finals are in and both DWTS and The Voice were adjusted up a tenth while Revolution and TCD were adjusted down a tenth.

With the adjustments, Castle came in at 2.2/ 11.79 M viewers while Revolution had a 2.2 / 6.36M viewers. Bones 2.0/ 7.05M, The Following 2.2/ 6.57M.

Comment by eridapo – April 2, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great ratings for great episode of Castle. And look how much Revolution lost from lead in compared to Castle.

Comment by mary – April 2, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow at Castle beating the demo for DWTS! I don’t recall many 10:00 shows increasing like that. It’s so deserved. Last nights episode was epic! ;-)

Comment by Kate – April 2, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nicely done Castle!! Well deserved ratings. I am still smiling from last nights episode.

Comment by Steph – April 2, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was expecting more than a 2.2 for Castle 100ep tbh. It got tons of media and was a showcase ep. Lets see if the rating even holds in finals. I suspect DWTS will get adjusted up.

Comment by Jess – April 2, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Ratings will hold given that DTWS did the same in its last half hour as Castle. The fact is that DWTS did only a 2.0 for the first 90 minutes, so it did not provide that great of a lead in. As to the demo, I predicted a 2.3 last night because of DWTS showing weakness.

Comment by eridapo – April 2, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Castle!

Comment by Leigh – April 2, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Castle! it was a fantastic episode!

Comment by CC – April 2, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful for Castle. Great, great, episode. Happy 100th

Comment by Elle – April 2, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • okay, let’s look at facts, Revolution was down and Castle was up a little, and H5O was a repeat. If this was reversed, H5O would have been trashed that it didn’t get better ratings with a repeat, and seriously a 2.3 with Revolution, and H5O at a 2.1 during Revolution’s premier . This week, Castle’s 100 episode what a 2.2, without H5O. Seriously H5O fans are constant , and so do not have a big difference regarding Revolution and Castle ratings. I have said this before, the dislike on this site for CBS is not helping this site gaining fans.

Comment by I LOVE TV – April 2, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yesterday’s Child, what happened to, “Sorry, this site sucks, and I am out of here” (circa Feb. 2013)?

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 2, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Again, what does this change that this site has no CBS fans. Mat, seriously tell me this site welcomes CBS fans.. When you are not welcomed on sites, names change, excuse me, I guess I did something no one else on this has every done. Sorry

Comment by I LOVE TV – April 2, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me thinks you doth protest too much. I’ve never seen this site give more attention to one network over another; perhaps this persecution of CBS is all in your imagination. And sorry to break it to you, but H5O fans are NOT constant. I easily gave it up last year after I realized it was boring me out of my mind. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Comment by mysteriousmystery – April 2, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t see a lot of H50 coverage but to say they dislike CBS doesn’t seem fair. They consistently post about CBS shows (HIMYM, NCIS, The Good Wife, and The Big Bang Theory come to mind).

Comment by Meg – April 2, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh noes! How ever shall an ad-supported television news site survive without the patronage of the elderly and the high school dropout? See BS fans, please come back!

Comment by Jen, Jill, JJ, et al. – April 2, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Then try to be more clear that your issue is with the commenters, not the site. It is, really, that simple.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 2, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • TV Line gives alot of love to NCIS, NCIS LA, the new NCIS spinoff, The Good Wife, and Two and a Half Men. What are you looking for? Recaps on all the “reality” garbage?

Comment by Ace – April 2, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Matt, Matt, Matt, why do you joust with a troll? You’re only encouraging him/her (probably him, because no woman would argue such a stupid point).

Comment by Bob – April 3, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand why the networks (and cable channels) feel they have to do it, but when they put a show on a very long hiatus it’s hard to re-kindle interest. Some shows (Revolution, etc) that I used to watch regularly are gone so long that my interest has waned. Unless the shows are must-see for me (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, SOA, TWD, and some others), I may watch but not as avidly as before.

Comment by The Beach – April 2, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t understand this thought process, unless you regularly stop watching shows after summer hiatuses. Those are just as long.

The TV season is around 35 weeks long; no show makes more than 22-24 eps. Obviously there’s going to be a break. Personally, I’d rather one large break with fewer weeks of on-and-off. If you’ve forgotten a storyline detail after a long break, it’s easy to refresh your memory by hitting the show’s Wikipedia page.

Comment by Katherine215 – April 2, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • People have more stuff to do in the summer. It is not as appealing to go outside at night from January to March, when it is so cold. I’d rather shows air nonstop (with breaks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, naturally) from October to April.

Comment by Sg. Grant – April 2, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just a random question probably best for Thursday but TVLine, why isn’t Person of Interest in your Hot Shows list. It’s freakin’ awesome!! Also, GMW hasn’t even aired yet so I think it should be replaced with an existing show and since The Office is almost done why not take it out and replace it with Elementary, White Collar, or Psych

Comment by A – April 2, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 100th episode of Castle was EXCELLENT. What a surprise ending that was. Great show. It amazes me how the show has not won an Emmy yet and if I’m not mistaken, not even nominated. Kudos to the writers AND the cast.

Comment by GinnyB – April 2, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THE BEST CASTLE EVER!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW FROM DAY ONE AND I FEEL THEY ARE SO GOOD THAT AWARDS ARE NOT NEEDED BECAUSE ONLY A TRUE FAN UNDERSTANDS THIS SHOW AND THE JOURNEY THE WRITERS ARE TAKING YOU ON….AND LETS FACE IT IT’S A SWEET RIDE!!! KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND PRETTY SOON THE POWERS THAT BE WILL LOOK STUPID THAT THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN THIS GREAT SHOW ITS PROPS

Comment by Angela Griffin – April 4, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The long breaks are a killer for me. I’m having a hard time getting back into Revolution or Grimm. And I watched both avidly before they took four months off.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – April 2, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how do you handle summer hiatuses? Think of it the same way.

Comment by Katherine215 – April 2, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For me, summer hiatuses are easy to handle because typically when shows return in the fall most of them have several weeks of non-stop airing of episodes. The problems are always found mainly in the winter half of seasons for shows I think. There are some shows that have the worst scheduling where for example it’s off for 3 weeks, comes back for one new episode and then goes on hiatus for another month. WTF? I’d personally rather them take a long hiatus if needed and when they return, they run episodes straight through each with with no breaks.

Comment by A – April 2, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I felt the same way and I’m just getting back into really enjoying watching Grimm. But as far as Revolution. I’m just beginning to see how thin a narrative it has. I just don’t think the show has the guts to truly be innovative as it’s concept demands. I suppose I lost a lot of confidence this show will take chances when the safest thing they did was kill their weakest character last week. It makes me question why I was loyal the first half of this season.

Comment by Chris – April 2, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ummm, yay the Following!

Comment by N – April 2, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post