The Bad Boy Is Back: Jason Dohring Officially Joins Veronica Mars Feature Film

Get More: Casting News

Jason Dohring Veronica Mars MovieAs if there was ever any doubt: Jason Dohring is officially on board for the Veronica Mars movie.

Dohring, whose casting was announced by series creator Rob Thomas, is the third actor to sign on to the project, joining star Kristen Bell and the deep-pocketed supporter who scored the role of the waiter who says, “Your check, sir.”

RELATED | Veronica Mars Movie: 7 Spoilers Including Scoop on V’s new BF and Who Won’t Be Back

The P.I., meanwhile, will be “dating someone” at the start of the movie, Thomas previously told TVLine. However, it’s definitely not her ex, whom “she hasn’t seen in nine years.”

The Veronica Mars Kickstarter project is currently at $4.4 million with 10 days still to go. Dohring, along with fellow VM vets Bell, Ryan Hansen and Enrico Colantoni, appeared in the video announcing the campaign.

Veronica Mars fans, on a scale of 100 to infinity, how excited are you?

Comments (55)

• LITERALLY the best news I’ve heard all week. And I do know how to use “literally” correctly.

Comment by Kate – April 2, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Infinity! You cannot have a Veronica Mars Movie with the Lo in LoVe!

Comment by Brook – April 2, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Enrico Colantoni and Tina Majorino get announced soon as well, I can basically live happily with however the rest of things shake out.

Comment by J – April 2, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Although I’m sooo hoping for Ken Marino aka Vinnie Van Lowe and Cliff to make cameos. They were so fun to watch.

Comment by Liza180 – April 2, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ken Marino NEEDS to be in this!

Comment by Kay – April 2, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about Percy Daggs III? I need my Wallace x Veronica

Comment by Maris – April 2, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOGAN! *flails* It’d be like Peanut Butter without Jelly to have Veronica without her SOUL MATE!

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – April 2, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Infinity plus one!!!

Comment by Jenny Loughridge Calvert – April 2, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Freaked out with excitement! This backer is happy :)

Comment by Stephanie – April 2, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just flailed all over the place.
    I am in a public place.
    I really don’t care.

Comment by Wenders – April 2, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy. If they can get all the original cast back, Leo, Wallace, Mac, Weevil, Duncan, Sherriff Lamb and of course…. Vinnie, I’d die a happy death right now. :) With Duncan, I’d like an update on how are things with him and is beautiful daughter, who he named after his dead sister.

Comment by robinepowell – April 2, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless Sheriff Lamb is featured in a flashback, I don’t think we’ll be seeing him. He died, remember?

Comment by Jaime – April 2, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • RIP Lamb. =(

Comment by Kay – April 2, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe they faked his death for some reason, crazier things have happened in Neptune.

Comment by Jo – April 2, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His beautiful daughter was actually named after his paternal grandmother, Lillian.

Comment by Margot – April 6, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There really isn’t a movie without him. Just sayin’!

Comment by katrina – April 2, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any chance for a Duncan appearance or namedrop in the film?

Comment by Robert Beardsley (@rasslingrob7) – April 2, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cool news but this was a given come on. Mars without Logan? Please

Comment by dude – April 2, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot!!!! There really wasn’t any doubt but still great to hear. Now just need official confirmations from Enrico, Tina, Rick and Francis and a movie we’ve got!!

Comment by mia – April 2, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally cheered out loud and applauded when I read this on Twitter. Love him! This is so exciting!

Comment by Ruby – April 2, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without Jason, what would be the point?

Comment by Lucky – April 2, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LoVe LoVe LoVe Logan!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by MoshiMoshi – April 2, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LoVe😍😘

Comment by lrp – April 2, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to be mean but, was there ever any doubt he’d be in this? It’s one of the hottest projects going right now, and it’s not like he’s got a bunch of gigs lined up (which is an absolute shame because he’s an amazing actor). This could re-energize his career.

Comment by big cheddar – April 2, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a good news!

Comment by isa – April 2, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never doubted it because he, along with Ryan&Enrico were in the video, so I just need to know we got Francis!

Comment by Courtney – April 2, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legitimately the BEST news I’ve gotten all day! My happiness is def at level infinity =D
    I can’t wait to find out what everyone has been up to. What’s Logan’s current job status? If he’s dating a pop star does that mean he’s officially in the industry? What about Dick, is he like a professional surfer now? Is Corny now a multimillionaire with Madison Sinclair as his trophy wife? lol So many questions!

Comment by Tedi – April 2, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like the Corny idea…..but leave Madison Sinclair out of it. I want that woman to be taken down a peg…..like perhaps she’s working some minimum wage job flipping burgers…..or cleaning Mac’s million dollar home. Trophy wife would be too easy of a life.

Comment by Alichat – April 3, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The image of Madison Sinclair is too amazing for words! But we all know her parents would never cut her off even though she’s insanely SPOILT!

Comment by Tedi – April 3, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • *Sinclair flipping burgers

Comment by Tedi – April 3, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see ausiello as the waiter

Comment by tawnii – April 2, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He really is a bad boy :) The best!

Comment by bobbie – April 2, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • at the end of the movie, they should get those who have died that veronica knew like lily, lamb, beaver, etc. that would be amazing! vinnie van lowe & cliff need to come back! i hope deputy leo makes a cameo too.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – April 2, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um…no, not this. Beaver? The guy that raped Veronica and blew up a bus full of kids? Nothing against the actor, but the character does not need to come back.

Comment by Anna – April 3, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Giggity!!!

Comment by Alichat – April 2, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me one happy backer. I didn’t doubt it though, Neptune wouldn’t be the same w/o it’s obligatory psychotic jackass.

Comment by Josee – April 2, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!!! :) :) I’ve got Veronica Mars seasons 1-3 to keep me company until then!

Comment by Elyse – April 3, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s just hope he’s not on his period anymore.

Comment by Pepper – April 3, 2013 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • INFINITE!, Love Jason Dohring! LoVe better end up together! LOL

Comment by Tina B. – April 3, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So there will be more brooding in exotic locations

Comment by Kathy – April 3, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • INFINITYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment by Amanda – April 3, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simply wonderful news! There couldn’t be a Veronica Mars movie without Logan. I’m a happy backer today. Long live LoVe!

Comment by Marta – April 3, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Dohring’s Logan Echolls is crucial to the plot of the film, which finds Veronica pulled into a murder mystery involving the bad boy’s pop star girlfriend.”

Another girlfriend of Logan is going to be murdered? That just seems mean.

Comment by Andie – April 3, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems the man has a type. Blonde. Vivacious.Taken from him too soon. See: Lily, Veronica,Hannah,Parker,Dead pop star.

Comment by Tedi – April 3, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay I’m in….. I’m an official backer now too. I actually think this is an awesome idea and a great way to prove there is an audience for a film.

Comment by Tammy – April 3, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LoVe FTW!

Comment by gabby – April 3, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Mari – April 3, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *FAN GIRL SQUEEEEEEE* He’s always been my favorite, almost the whole reason I watched the show so for me if the movie had been made without him, I don’t know that I would have been nearly as interested as I am now!

Comment by Natalie – April 4, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude. Half the reason I’m backing this is because I need to see Veronica and Logan try to sass each other to death. (And then suck face.)

Comment by agoraphobicturtle – April 6, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does logan and veronia get back together. I REALLY HOPE SO. Love them

Comment by sharen – April 7, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan’s back!!! Logan Echolls- oh you gloriously wonderful bad boy I missed you sooooo much! But seriously, Logan better not be an actor…not like psychopath Aaron… And yet another girlfriend bites the dust…will Veronica accuse Logan again…sheesh poor Logan, the guy NEVER catches a break. I hope she does some apologizing herself…all in all though…LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Tasha – April 22, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how much attempt you put to make this type of great informative site.

Comment by Http://lulzforlife.weebly.com/ – March 19, 2014 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post