The Bad Boy Is Back: Jason Dohring Officially Joins Veronica Mars Feature Film

Jason Dohring Veronica Mars MovieAs if there was ever any doubt: Jason Dohring is officially on board for the Veronica Mars movie.

Dohring, whose casting was announced by series creator Rob Thomas, is the third actor to sign on to the project, joining star Kristen Bell and the deep-pocketed supporter who scored the role of the waiter who says, “Your check, sir.”

RELATED | Veronica Mars Movie: 7 Spoilers Including Scoop on V’s new BF and Who Won’t Be Back

The P.I., meanwhile, will be “dating someone” at the start of the movie, Thomas previously told TVLine. However, it’s definitely not her ex, whom “she hasn’t seen in nine years.”

The Veronica Mars Kickstarter project is currently at $4.4 million with 10 days still to go. Dohring, along with fellow VM vets Bell, Ryan Hansen and Enrico Colantoni, appeared in the video announcing the campaign.

Veronica Mars fans, on a scale of 100 to infinity, how excited are you?

1. Kate says:

LITERALLY the best news I’ve heard all week. And I do know how to use “literally” correctly.

2. Brook says:

Infinity! You cannot have a Veronica Mars Movie with the Lo in LoVe!

3. J says:

If Enrico Colantoni and Tina Majorino get announced soon as well, I can basically live happily with however the rest of things shake out.

4. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

LOGAN! *flails* It’d be like Peanut Butter without Jelly to have Veronica without her SOUL MATE!

5. Stephanie says:

Freaked out with excitement! This backer is happy :)

6. Wenders says:

I just flailed all over the place.
    I am in a public place.
    I really don’t care.

7. robinepowell says:

Very happy. If they can get all the original cast back, Leo, Wallace, Mac, Weevil, Duncan, Sherriff Lamb and of course…. Vinnie, I’d die a happy death right now. :) With Duncan, I’d like an update on how are things with him and is beautiful daughter, who he named after his dead sister.

8. katrina says:

There really isn’t a movie without him. Just sayin’!

9. Any chance for a Duncan appearance or namedrop in the film?

10. dude says:

cool news but this was a given come on. Mars without Logan? Please

11. mia says:

Woot!!!! There really wasn’t any doubt but still great to hear. Now just need official confirmations from Enrico, Tina, Rick and Francis and a movie we’ve got!!

12. Ruby says:

I literally cheered out loud and applauded when I read this on Twitter. Love him! This is so exciting!

13. Lucky says:

Without Jason, what would be the point?

14. MoshiMoshi says:

LoVe LoVe LoVe Logan!!!!!!!!!!!

15. lrp says:

LoVe😍😘

16. big cheddar says:

Not to be mean but, was there ever any doubt he’d be in this? It’s one of the hottest projects going right now, and it’s not like he’s got a bunch of gigs lined up (which is an absolute shame because he’s an amazing actor). This could re-energize his career.

17. isa says:

What a good news!

18. Courtney says:

I never doubted it because he, along with Ryan&Enrico were in the video, so I just need to know we got Francis!

19. Tedi says:

Legitimately the BEST news I’ve gotten all day! My happiness is def at level infinity =D
    I can’t wait to find out what everyone has been up to. What’s Logan’s current job status? If he’s dating a pop star does that mean he’s officially in the industry? What about Dick, is he like a professional surfer now? Is Corny now a multimillionaire with Madison Sinclair as his trophy wife? lol So many questions!

• Alichat says:

Like the Corny idea…..but leave Madison Sinclair out of it. I want that woman to be taken down a peg…..like perhaps she’s working some minimum wage job flipping burgers…..or cleaning Mac’s million dollar home. Trophy wife would be too easy of a life.

20. tawnii says:

I can’t wait to see ausiello as the waiter

21. bobbie says:

He really is a bad boy :) The best!

22. at the end of the movie, they should get those who have died that veronica knew like lily, lamb, beaver, etc. that would be amazing! vinnie van lowe & cliff need to come back! i hope deputy leo makes a cameo too.

• Anna says:

Um…no, not this. Beaver? The guy that raped Veronica and blew up a bus full of kids? Nothing against the actor, but the character does not need to come back.

23. Alichat says:

Giggity!!!

24. Josee says:

This makes me one happy backer. I didn’t doubt it though, Neptune wouldn’t be the same w/o it’s obligatory psychotic jackass.

25. Elyse says:

Can’t wait!!! :) :) I’ve got Veronica Mars seasons 1-3 to keep me company until then!

26. Pepper says:

Let’s just hope he’s not on his period anymore.

27. Tina B. says:

INFINITE!, Love Jason Dohring! LoVe better end up together! LOL

28. Kathy says:

So there will be more brooding in exotic locations

29. Amanda says:

INFINITYYYYYYYYYYY

30. Marta says:

Simply wonderful news! There couldn’t be a Veronica Mars movie without Logan. I’m a happy backer today. Long live LoVe!

31. Andie says:

“Dohring’s Logan Echolls is crucial to the plot of the film, which finds Veronica pulled into a murder mystery involving the bad boy’s pop star girlfriend.”

Another girlfriend of Logan is going to be murdered? That just seems mean.

• Tedi says:

It seems the man has a type. Blonde. Vivacious.Taken from him too soon. See: Lily, Veronica,Hannah,Parker,Dead pop star.

32. Tammy says:

Okay I’m in….. I’m an official backer now too. I actually think this is an awesome idea and a great way to prove there is an audience for a film.

33. gabby says:

LoVe FTW!

34. Natalie says:

*FAN GIRL SQUEEEEEEE* He’s always been my favorite, almost the whole reason I watched the show so for me if the movie had been made without him, I don’t know that I would have been nearly as interested as I am now!

35. Dude. Half the reason I’m backing this is because I need to see Veronica and Logan try to sass each other to death. (And then suck face.)

36. sharen says:

Does logan and veronia get back together. I REALLY HOPE SO. Love them

37. Tasha says:

Logan’s back!!! Logan Echolls- oh you gloriously wonderful bad boy I missed you sooooo much! But seriously, Logan better not be an actor…not like psychopath Aaron… And yet another girlfriend bites the dust…will Veronica accuse Logan again…sheesh poor Logan, the guy NEVER catches a break. I hope she does some apologizing herself…all in all though…LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!

38. I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how much attempt you put to make this type of great informative site.