TVLine Items: Criminal Intent Vet Visits CSI, Dixie Gal Feels Anger, Doctor Who Ratings and More
The Law & Order: Criminal Intent alumna will appear in the CBS procedural’s Season 13 ender and Season 14 opener as Capt. Jim Brass’ wife, per The Hollywood Reporter. The finale episode is slated to center on the disappearance of the captain’s stepdaughter.
Sciorra’s more recent TV guest spots include CBS’ The Good Wife and Blue Bloods.
CSI‘s 13th season wraps May 15.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Hart of Dixie‘s Mircea Monroe has landed a guest spot in a June episode of FX’s Anger Management, TVLine has learned. She’ll play Tracy, a woman who wants to have a casual fling with Charlie, but he finds out that there are most definitely strings attached.
• Doctor Who‘s midseason premiere on Saturday night drew 1.5 million total viewers, ranking as BBC America’s No. 2-rated telecast ever, behind the Season 7 opener. (Across multiple Saturday airings, the episode amassed 2 million viewers.) Orphan Black debuted to 684K, totaling north of 1 million for the night.
• Bravo on Tuesday renewed 15 (!) of its original series — and gave the green light to 15 (!) more. Among the reality shows picked up are Flipping Out (Season 7), Tabatha Takes Over (Season 5), Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles (Season 6), Top Chef Masters (Season 5), Million Dollar Listing New York (Season 2), Shahs of Sunset (Season 3), The Real Housewives of Miami (Season 3), Chef Roble & Co (Season 2), Vanderpump Rules (Season 2), The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 5), The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Season 4), The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Season 6), The Real Housewives of New York (Season 6), Top Chef (Season 11) and Watch What Happens Live (Season 10). New series on the way include Most Eligible Dallas spin-off Courtney Loves Dallas and Taking Atlanta. (For a full rundown of the fresh lineup, head here.)
• It’s official: Sean Hayes’ Hollywood Game Night is going to be a star-studded event. Those set to take part in NBC’s upcoming reality series — which boasts celebs hanging out and playing games with fun-loving non-celebrity contestants in a cocktail party setting — include Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation), Matthew Perry (Go On), Maya Rudolph (Up All Night), Fred Armisen (Saturday Night Live), Jason Bateman (Arrested Development), Max Greenfield (New Girl), Kristen Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies), Kristin Bell (House of Lies), Dax Shephard (Parenthood), Minnie Driver (The Riches), Kal Penn (House), comedy vet Martin Short, Ellie Kemper (The Office), Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory) and Molly Shannon (Saturday Night Live), Deadline reports. As previously reported, Jane Lynch (Glee) will serve as host.
• A&E’s drama pilot Those Who Kill is nearing a series order, Deadline reports. Starring Chloë Sevigny and James D’Arcy, the project centers on a detective (Sevigny) and forensic profiler (D’Arcy) who both possess a deep understanding of the serial killers they hunt.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?