Carrie Diaries Boss on Carrie and Sebastian's [Spoiler] — Plus, Is a Sex-y Character on the Way?

Carrie Diaries Season 2 SpoilersIf you have yet to watch Monday’s episode of The Carrie Diaries, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, read on…

On Monday’s The Carrie Diaries, hearts were broken once again.

Sebastian kicked off the episode by telling Carrie he loves her, but she never found the perfect moment to return the words. Then the couple’s night out in the city, which was supposed to end with a night in a hotel room, if you know what we mean, blew up in their faces when Carrie’s work got in the way. The ensuing fight ended with a break-up.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Below, executive producer Amy Harris sounds off on the troubled pair’s future. She also previews the finale’s big surprises and even hints at what a possible Season 2 has in store for Carrie and her pals. (Might a Sex and the City character come to play?!)

LOVE IN THE TIME OF SEX | “Relationships have a lot of ups and downs and are very complicated,” says Harris, so Carrie and Sebastian’s doomed romance isn’t necessarily over. “What I like about Carrie Bradshaw is she can make a lot out of nothing and then sometimes, she’s looking at it in just the right way. It’s a journey for her… This is a relationship I want to keep mining for as long as I can.” Next Monday’s season finale picks up a few weeks later with a rite of passage that may now be thwarted for Carrie because of her split from Sebastian. “That’s a big debate – what will happen with her and prom, and where are they? They’re in a surprising place at the end of that break-up.” Rather than being angry, Harris says, “this one is just sad for both of them.” Adds Austin Butler: “It gets revealed in the next episode how he feels. It’s one of those break-ups where it’s like this explosion that neither side really wants, but it feels like there’s no other option.”

THE FIRST TIME | Did Dorrit lose her V-card to Miller at the end of the episode? “They’re just laughing and talking,” says Harris. “That journey is for another episode.” As for the effect the impossibly smooth high schooler has had on Carrie’s rebellious little sister, “At first, we thought he was manipulating her to control her,” reveals Harris. “But the more we started talking about it, it felt like meeting someone like Miller would open her up and want her to take off her armor.”

RELATED | The CW Summer Premiere Dates 2013 –Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Breaking Pointe

NODS TO THE CITY | “We’ll get an introduction to one of the Sex and the City characters” in the season ender, teases Harris, and it’s not the same one from the close of the Carrie Diaries book! While we won’t actually see him or her in the episode, the EP is “excited about the idea of starting to introduce some other people from the Sex and the City world into the [Carrie Diaries] world for Season 2.” Also sure to make diehard Sex fans smile: “We’re going to see Carrie using a different mechanism for writing, which is a little nod to seeing her typing later. We’ll see some New York street scenes that are reminiscent.”

Carrie Diaries Season 2COMING OUT | He wasn’t in Monday’s episode, but Carrie’s secretly gay friend will have a big story next week. “Walt’s going to be forced to face his choices a lot sooner than I think he wanted to,” previews Harris. “And it’s going to have some pretty dramatic effects on everybody when it happens.” Some people, in particular, “are going to be quite shocked to figure it out and be very upset because their past will have been sort of rewritten… There’s some pretty big repercussions in [Episode] 13 that then end up [affecting] everybody else’s stories, also.”

DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY | Remember how we mentioned prom? Well, the dance “is going to be surprising for a lot of people,” teases Harris. In fact, “it might not actually be prom” for many of them since “a lot explodes at the beginning of the episode.” As a result, not everyone gets dressed up for the occasion, but we can assure you that you’ll see Mouse sporting a Laura Ashley-esque dress. However, “[Episode] 13 is more iconic for its New York experiences than the prom.”

Comments (36)

• I’m really hoping this gets another season, but those hopes are tempered with reality: It won’t.

Comment by Sam – April 1, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will. It’s surprisingly well written. I wonder if they will introduce Samantha like they are supposed too. Why muck up a great thing?

Comment by mssixeighthree – April 1, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve gotten really attached to The Carrie Diaries, which is why I’m going to be crushed if The CW cancels it. The show puts a smile on my face each week. Plus I feel like it’s one of the few teen dramas that handles the “coming of age” tale quite well. Hopefully The CW takes TCD’s potential into consideration upon deciding its fate. I’ll gladly take another 13 episodes midseason if it means that I’ll be able to see the characters that I have grown to love again.

Comment by William – April 1, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Please give it another season! Oh and I’d love to see Stanford visit… With a head full of hair!

Comment by Rosy – April 1, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS WOULD BE EPIC AND AWESOME.

Comment by Wenders – April 2, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I think they’ll name drop.

Comment by Evan – April 3, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope the CW renews it; they’ve got some gems on their hands this season – what with Carrie + BATB. They both have soul and charm and are so well done. I hope they both get renewed (and while I’m wishing, I want to see HoD renewed too…but its the CW, they break our hearts)

Comment by mia – April 1, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Hart of Dixie is doing quite well and will probably be renewed. Beauty and the Beast and The Carrie Diaries are both toss-ups at the moment. I suspect The CW will cancel one and renew the other, but it’s hard to say which.

Comment by Sienna – April 2, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not that hard a call. Beauty & the Beast has a huge online following; Carrie just never caught fire like the execs had hoped, despite a massive publicity blitz. The show isn’t bad, there just doesn’t seem to be enough interest in the story. After watching the Hart of Dixie rerun last night, with the Zoe/Wade breakup, I feel pretty certain it will be renewed. In fact, a night of Dixie and Beauty & the Beast might be the romantic combo that’d work.

Comment by pantheralumguy – April 2, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy this show! Carrie & Sebastian are a cute couple. It deserves another season.

Comment by jax – April 1, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typewriter?

Comment by Alé – April 1, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE the Carrie Diaries is actually my favorite show. I really extremely hope the make a couple of more seasons to thus show its a really great show.

Comment by mili – April 1, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think they should keep this and ditch Beauty. It matches pretty well with Heart.

Comment by dee123 – April 2, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love this show!!! :)

Comment by Elyse – April 2, 2013 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think both The Carrie Diaries and Hart of Dixie deserve another season.

Comment by TV Gord – April 2, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im gonna be sooooo upset if this gets cancelled. I think its great! I love how they hint things from Sex and the City. I want them to eventually invite all the characters into tje Carrie Diaries as teenagers. I love Sebastion he really cares about Carrie and its soooo sweet plus hes hot! If CW cancells this it will be a big mistake.

Comment by Samantha – April 2, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg i hope theres another season this show keeps me on my toes i cry whenever anyone from th show crys especially carrie she & sebastian are a perfect match i wait every week for this show & ive never missed a single minute of it ill be so crushed if they dont i wouldnt know what to do with my life anymore

Comment by janine – April 2, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ohhhh Carrie! this is so SatC U really can relate and believe that this is the girl who grew up to become Sarah JP Carrie. the writing is really good especially this episode.
    Mouse and West are great together and made something great out of it.

and I got a feeling Samantha or Stanford could be one of the next characters to get introduced.

Comment by Maki – April 2, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta say, whoever was in charge of *casting* on this series, apart from Carrie, Larissa and Dorrit’s new boyfriend, did a pathetic job. I don’t like any of Carrie’s friends, though Walt is the most tolerable. Austin Butler has worn out his welcome on teeenybopper TV, frankly. The contrast is right in front of us, when Miller just puts Sebastian to shame, in both looks and personality.

Comment by Jason – April 2, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else who couldn’t really care less about Carrie/Sebastian, but look forward to the Mouse/Wes scenes? Love those two.

I wonder how much the music budget for this show, with all of the classic 80s songs, is.

Comment by Wenders – April 2, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to give up on this. It just never grabbed me, perhaps because it just wasn’t scandelous enough. Too much time was focused on Carrie’s sad family life; while I TOATALLY get this, it just wasn’t a show that I found interesting. I’m sure some others do though, though I doubt it will be renewed. It’s looking like BATB and maybe HoD will be.

Comment by Danielle H. – April 2, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show and will be hugely disappointed if they cancel it, especially if the season ends on a sad note!!! That would be so unfair!

Comment by J – April 2, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agreed!! i love the show so much! i really hope they don’t cancel it! i want to know what happens!

Comment by bella – April 22, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show! but I will be SOOOOO disapointed if Carrie and Sebastian don’t get back together, they make the show.

Comment by bog – April 2, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big SATC fan. I have really enjoyed the Carrie Diaries and hope they will renew it. I love all of the music, clothes,etc from the 80′s. It brings back so many memories – I LOVE it and watching it with my teenage daughter. Keep it on!

Comment by SATC fan – April 3, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope there’s more seasons i love this show. Even cryd on the first time for everything part.

Comment by hirene – April 3, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do episodes say it is going to be canceled?
    U know, a few days left and the season finale.

Comment by Ardnaskela – April 4, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, I love this tv show, The Carrie Diaries! I hope so it will have season 2! ): if it cancel then I’ll piss off. Please bring it back(:

Comment by Lisette – April 5, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make a second season and maybe even a third!!! :)

Comment by K – April 8, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries has become my guilty pleasure this season, and to be honest I was never a Sex in the City fan back in the day…I have no problem with the cast, AnnaSophia Robb is great as Carrie, and the girl who plays Mouse is really good as well. My one (very minor) complaint, at least until now, has been the too-neat resolutions to every crisis…This looks to change in the finale, however. I really hope there is a season 2.

Comment by larryboodry – April 8, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please give us a second season of carrie diaries! !! The stories and the characters are enjoyable. So please give us a second season. Thank you

Comment by m – April 10, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I pray to God this show gets a 2nd season!

Comment by Dude – April 21, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it gets a second season!!! I love the show!!

Comment by Kayla – April 21, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed the episodes of the Carrie diaries. Big fan. But I’m a bigger fan of sex in the city. I was taken for a loop at the significant differences between Carrie Bradshaw in sex in the city and Carrie Bradshaw in the Carrie diaries. Like Carrie in sex in the city didnt know her father and never had siblings. Although I love their characters and think they are a great add to Carrie’s life. Its just Carrie not having a father in sex in the city was the reason Carrie was so bad with men. And not having siblings was the reason why her connection with Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte was so wonderful. That’s just my opinion

Comment by melissa – April 23, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally love “The Carrie Diaries ” please give us more ! ! ! !

Comment by joana olivarez – April 29, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post