Community Scoop: Grammy Nominee Sara Bareilles Joins Puppet-Themed Episode

Community Casts Sara BareillesMany a Community fan video has led to this very moment: Sara Bareilles is Greendale-bound.

TVLine has learned that the Grammy-nominated songstress — whose ballad “Gravity” has been showcased on the series and utilized in countless Greendale ‘shipper tributes — will guest-star in the NBC comedy’s upcoming puppet-themed installment.

Details surrounding her gig are being kept under wraps, but we can confirm that Bareilles is not playing herself in the April 11 episode, which features the gang in felt form after its hot-air balloon ride crashes in the woods.

RELATED | 2013 TV Shows — Renewed or Cancelled?

As previously reported, Seinfeld vet Jason Alexander also appears in the half-hour as a kooky mountain man the group members encounter after their swanky transportation goes down.

Browse through some shots of the crazy Community outing below (none of which feature Bareilles or Alexander, unfortunately), then hit the comments: Are you feeling weightless upon learning this casting news?

Tags: ,

Comments (7)

• This show has gone way downhill

Comment by Emily – March 29, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ah puppets, time for the latest batch of meta jokes from abed. cant wait for this episode, its been the one ive been looking forward to most since it was announced.

Comment by Alan – March 29, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen community but I love Sara Bareilles so much that I will for sure watch this

Comment by juan – March 29, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Something always brings me back to you” I’m confident this episode will be one of my favorite this season

Comment by anik – March 29, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never really watched the show, but if Sara B is gonna be on it, I’ll definitely watch it! She has a comedy side which is very natural.

Comment by Jim W – March 29, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Community, I love Sara Bareilles, and I love puppet-like interpretations of my favourite characters. This is amazing news.

Comment by kavyn – March 29, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – March 29, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post