Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Scandal, Red Widow, Once, Grey's, POI, Beauty and the Beast and More

Scandal Grey's Anatomy SpoilersWill a Scandal secret-keeper be “exposed”? Can Red Widow solve a coke problem? What twists does Beauty and the Beast have on tap? Has Person of Interest‘s Finch met his distaff match? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

You’ve got Qs, and I’ve (usually) got As! On with the show….

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

My crystal ball – or one of Kerry Washington’s tweets – told me there is at least a steamy Jake/Olivia sex scene in Scandal’s future. In which episode will that scene be featured, and will it involve shirtless Scott Foley? – Patrick
I cannot seem to track down this alleged/supposed/rumored KW tweet, but I nonetheless will assure you this: A well-placed source confirms that “a very hot shirtless Scott Foley scene” is a-coming. (Brace yourself, Felicity!) The precise when and why, though, I must leave you to ponder.

Any spoilers for NCIS: LA? Pleeeeze!!!! –lgnyc1
If only because you went with the non-traditional “z” spelling of “please,” I give you show boss Shane Brennan talking up the season finale (airing May 14). “It is incredibly powerful, and I can tell you it involves Sam and his wife and the story arc that we’ve been playing so far over the season,” he shares. “It’s a fantastic finale. We’re coming home very strong, we feel.”

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

Please give us some Beauty and the Beast scoop! Thanks! — Lindsey
What if I told you that secrets about Cat’s family will start to unravel… and they might not be about whom you think? (That’s just me being coy: They will not be about whom you think.) Watch for those twists to trickle out soon and continue to do until the very last second of the season.

I’m hooked on Red Widow! Any spoilers? The show keeps getting better I can’t wait for the next episode. –nkristel
I have, alas, no spoilers. Unless you count an exclusive clip from this Sunday’s episode a “spoiler.” If so, then yes, I have “spoilers”:

Loading video...

How about some Person of Interest scoop? Like, will there be any more Zoe this season? – Shawn
There is still no news on the Zoe front, with Paige Turco busy off shooting her CW pilot. Instead, I can A) remind that Sarah Shahi is due back as the similarly kick-ass Shaw on April 4, and 2) reveal that the just-renewed CBS drama will introduce in its Season 2 finale (airing May 9) the recurring character of Mrs. Penn, a powerful, intelligent and wry 50something femme who never flinches in the face of danger.

RELATED | CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Five-0 — What’s Missing?

If Once Upon a Time‘s Tamara basically has been lying to Neal about everything, then she also possibly lied about Hook. Any scoop on him? –@onceuponamirror
Your hypothesis would seem to be sound, about lying liars and the lies they tell and all. As for scoop on Hook himself, I can promise you’ll never guess where he next turns up. BONUS SCOOPLET: This just in from Deadline: Brit Michael Socha (aka Tom from the UK’s Being Human) has been cast as The Knave in the Wonderland-centric Once spin-off.

How can I sign up to be on the show Stranded? –Mark
Rest assured you are one of many readers who have asked/are asking about going on a ghost hunt. Alas, I am told that production on Season 1 of the Syfy freshman is already wrapped, so… cross fingers and hope it scares up a renewal?

Do you have any info if April will be taking her boards again on Grey’s Anatomy? – Babar
As a matter of fact, I brought your inquiry to Sarah Drew herself. “She brings it up again in [an upcoming episode], but she still has not taken them,” the actress answered. “I don’t know if that’s going to happen before the end of the season, or if it’s not happening until next season.” Asked to account for the hold-up, Drew ventured, “I think she’s just been pretty preoccupied, and hasn’t had a chance to do the studying and prep in the way she needs to.” Oh, sure, blame it on the hunky guy named Matt. Typical.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Sarah Chalke Opens Up About Bringing Her Own Crisis to TV

[Tonight] is the two-part season finale of Raising Hope, and those two episodes are the 21st and 22nd ones of the season. I’ve read on other sites (like The Futon Critic) that the show has a 24-episode order, so what’s the deal? –Nicolas
The “deal” is that those “missing” two episodes were in fact shot but are being banked to air as part of the already-ordered Season 4.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around!

1. King says:

Red Widow? Seriously?

• kath says:

The show is kind of cheesy but Goran Visnjic is doing a wonderful job of being both a scary villain and amazingly seductive at the same time.

• Arya says:

Have to agree there. The show itself is rather spotty with bad pacing but Goran’s character is absolutely fantastic to watch. Unlike most bad-boys on tv, he actually is clever, unpredictable and sexy yet very, very scary.

• Kym says:

I think Red Widow may have found is groove Sunday night despite lackluster ratings on a March madness Easter weekend. The tension between Schiller and Marta is heating up! Don’t rule this drama out just yet! I’m peeved they are pausing to redo the pilot; the show was really starting to pick up momentum! Poorly positioned! I would be trying to heat up that storyline and viewers with an edgy, gripping, scene with Alexandra de Chenko arms deal almost gone awry at sea where Schiller gets to see just how savvy shrewd and full of moxie miss save the day Marta really can be! Keep this storyline fast paced and you’ll gain a wider audience! I get the developing of the storyline but pick it up, and I’ll tell you why. One of my favorite shows Person of Interest started to fizzle a little… Taking time to let us see a little more if those characters personal sides. This was a smooth play on writers… I got a little bored BUT because I’m hooked along with millions I can overlook some detours the show took to probably develop much more intense episodes down the line! Give that show Red Widow a chance that Goran Vijisnic guy is on point…. He is eerily cold but a shrewd and masterfully played villain that is going to steal that show–Radha Mitchell has just enough steel to keep up with him lets pray the writers flip the script and give Marta the business savvy and street creds to keep Schiller on his toes! He was blown away when the Russian ladies shut him down, let Marta add Chinese to her resume of foreign languages a la Chinese mob kid friends from her past! Bring in the Chinese mob on that gun run for the Russians and that will set this show off! This Melissa Rosenberg? Creator? She is on the right track don’t kill the widow yet!

2. Michael says:

Thanks Matt for the Beauty and the Beast scoop! Yes, we’re finally going to dig deep into Cat’s family which sounds crazy interesting! Can’t wait – love the show – so addicting!

3. Len1 says:

Cant wait for Hook to come back…

And more Hook scenes, and Emma-Hook scenes!!!

4. George says:

Re: Raising Hope. I guess that means next season (just like this season) FOX plans on airing Raising Hope episodes out of order (they also did the same with The Mindy Project & I’m pretty sure a few New Girl episodes).

5. Richard says:

What dont you guys ever scoop Elementary. Like who is Candis Cayne going to be playing? She’s been casted but dont know for what.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I seldom receive requests for ELEMENTARY scoop. (Real questions get real answers!) But here you go: In the April 4 episode, “Sherlock tries to help a transgender woman who is recovering from her latest break-up.”

• just saying says:

Cast. not Casted. Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but I keep seeing this mistake everywhere and it’s driving me crazy. She has been cast.

6. Babybop says:

Weird about Raising Hope… But I’m too happy it’s renewed to care if the episodes air out of order!

7. sheree13 says:

Shirtless Scott Foley??! Not here for this. Nope.

• bad romance says:

Me neither. Jake and Olivia is just wrong. The whole thing is super creepy and if she starts sleeping with the guy who’s spying on her and lying to his friend, it’ll just be humiliating.
      Besides, they have ZERO chemistry.

8. Bruce_F says:

LOL, I KNEW Cat’s dad was really Roan from Nikita. Does this mean his wife (Tamsin on Lost Girl) is ex-Division and one of the “dirty thirty?” And can we have a BatB / Nikita crossover? :)

• Kira says:

I know you were joking but it took my brain half a second to go from joke to best crossover EVER!!!! That would be too much awesomesauce for my two favortie CW shows!!!!

9. Jared says:

Beauty & the Beast continues to impress me. Can’t wait to see what’s going on with Cats Family, how her relationship with Tess holds up,Muirfiled, and of course VinCat!

10. Azerty says:

I still don’t understand why April gets to wear the navy blue shirt if she hasn’t still passed her boards. It seems she is a resident acting like a fellow.

• Melanie says:

Blue scrubs mean attendings… not surgeons. She can still be a doctor without being surgical.

• Azerty says:

But, we have seen her in surgery, so she’s still a surgeon. To be honnest I have no idea how the system works, in my head it was intern<resident<attending<titular, it was just hierarchy and they had to pass their boards (like at the end of season 3 to be resident, Georges failed and he beginned season 4 as Meredith's intern). So I'm a little confused.

11. Cari says:

I’m really liking Red Widow. It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be which was a weak main character, who is mourning. Instead, Marta is strong & kick a*s. Its really pretty fun!

• Suz says:

My vote is still out. Gorman Visnjic is too stiff and gives me the creeps. While I do not know my Eastern European languages, the characters constant battles about speaking in Russian or Polish or whatever is distracting. Plus the oldest boy (the actor) is too American, and should stay his natural brown hair.

12. Rachel says:

I need Castle scoop, going crazy in anticipation for the 100th

13. If Neal is Peter Pan as many surmise, could Tamara be Tinkerbell?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Tamara does not have a magical alter ego, as she stated last week. (That, I can confirm, was NOT a lie.)

• Would “lost boys” be considered magical? Where would the lost boys hail from in relation to the realms? from earth or solely from the land with magic that the inhabitants of Storybroke come from? Could she be a lost girl? would she be Wendy? would Wendy be considered magical? (then again, why would her name be Tamara and not Wendy? Could she be Wendy’s descendant?)

• John DeMayo says:

“Tamara does not have a magical alter ego”. Yes, but can you confirm that she has NO alter ego at all? Not all of the fairy tale characters are “magical”. Belle, Snow, Charming, etc.

14. tahina says:

Person of Interest! Don’t see many news on this great show. Gracias Matt! ;)

• Leah says:

But I’m not too thrilled about Sarah Shahi’s return. I knew she would, but I didn’t really like her character. It was kind of flat.

15. tega says:

Red Widow?Really?YES Really!!

16. monica says:

Hmm I’m very intrigued with the Beauty and the Beast spoiler regarding Cat’s family

17. Kerry says:

That Scandal spoiler is disgusting

18. nika says:

Beauty and the Beast delivers with greatness every week…and it feels like there is SO much stories to tell for number of seasons…. <3

19. Lena says:

Thanks for the scoops! :)

20. Thanks for answering my question. Really appreciate it.

21. Jami Powell says:

Ugh… I don’t like Sarah Shahi. Hope she doesn’t become a regular on Person of Interest. I like the cast (and Zoe, Leon, and Bear) just the way it is.

• lll says:

So many people are gushing about Sarah Shahi on person of interest that I thought I was the only one that groans every time I hear about her character. I like everyone else on the show but her. I too hope she doesn’t become a series regular, but since Nolan directed and co-wrote her debut episode, she has a better shot than Zoe, Leon and the rest of them.

22. Thank you for the BATB scoop!

I hope Neal and Tamara end soon so I can finally get Neal and Emma back together.

23. Claudia says:

OMG I have heard this theory about Cats dad, but wasnt that lean to it, now it seems it could go that way….cant wait, sad we will have another 2 weeks of hiatus :(

24. Isaac says:

APRIL! GET IT TOGETHER!

25. forwarddad says:

How long can April be a “doctor” wo passing the boards? You would at least think Owen would at least bring it up?

26. N says:

Yay Red Widow!

27. Kel says:

Thanks for the PoI scoop, but a little sad it seems like a long shot for a Zoe appearance before seasons end.

• lll says:

I pray Zoe gets one more episode before the end of the season too. I really like her character. Her and Reese got sexy, insane chemistry.

28. Good God, more Sam and Michelle on NCIS:LA? I thought/hoped/prayed that the arc was over! It’s so very, very boring. I just don’t see any chemistry between the actors and Sam behaves like an overprotective macho when it comes to her.

29. Jim says:

So happy Jake Gyllenbrows has been cast in the OUAT spinoff! He was great in Being Human.

30. Ulquiora says:

hey Matt I have a question for next week’s inside line that’s been killing me for a while now: we’ve never seen or heard of Jane’s father after the episode “Throwing Fire”, now that the mentalist has been renewed for a new season,Do you know if we are ever going to hear about or see Jane’s father again? – Ulquiora

31. Sarahthebaker says:

Soo, “never” guess as in Neverland? Cool beans!

• LadyT says:

lol, and I think the Jolly Roger will take them to Neverland… via the beans

However, my guess is that he shows up in town randomly, unexpectedly…in the new released pics from the set you see the Charmings staring frightfully at something/someone in Gold’s shop…maybe it’s him??

32. jodi says:

WTG Michael Socha! Loved him in Being Human UK, can’t wait to see him again!

33. CHP says:

Person Of Interest,my fav . Zoe can take or leave ,definitely can do without Shaw. Was not impressed

• lll says:

I’m glad to hear more people dislike the Shaw character. The senseless killing to show everyone she’s a badass is ridiculous. I wonder are they pushing the core four apart just to squeeze Shaw in the team.

34. ecrc says:

If they turn the Lord Sexual innuendo Hook in Peter Pan, then the show will be ruined

35. I have a feeling its about Cats dad. Why do we have to wait until april 18 for the next episode of BATB. Its way too long.

36. kevin blanco says:

It’d be funny if Hook ended up on Broadway playing himself in the stage rendition of Peter Pan!!! :) I’m sure he’d take exception with the way he’s written however…. :)

37. Anita says:

Oooh ~ I’m ~LOVIN~ the ‘Beauty & The Beast’ scoop!! My guess is her Dad was much more aware and involved than has been implied thus far! I mean, come on, he was married to a Muirfield operative!!!

THANKS 4 THE JUICY #BatB SCOOP!!

38. Hilary says:

Love it! Thanks for the Juice!

39. June says:

I hope they don’t kill Michelle in NCIS: LA! Also I knew Shaw will return to POI, but not hoping her to be a regular. I think she’s a bit flat. I know she’s supposed to be numb about feelings and all, but there was nothing remotely interesting in her at all!

40. Joanna says:

Re: POI. My favorite show but if I never see Shaw ever again, it will be perfect.

41. elle says:

Every single #BATB scoop get’s me screaming OMG all the time. Cani’t wait for this!!

42. Victoria_BATB says:

#BATB… Liked the last episode sooooo much! It’s getting more exciting with every new episode! And about Family secrets: it’s father’s turn now I presume…

43. Thanks for the POI scoop Matt.

44. RHONDA ROLFE says:

WOW BATB WILL KEEP US ON OUR TOES AND VINCENT AND CATHERINE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!!!!! GO BATB GO!!!!!

45. Hannah says:

Beauty and the Beast is getting more and more exciting every episode! Cat and Vincent are so perfect together! If you love a good epic love story and have not seen this show yet, then get started as the season is about to wrap up soon! I cannot wait for season 2 announcement!!

46. mary says:

am glad to see b/b progress cant wait for them to get together permanent

47. Erica says:

Ok, so my scandal theory. Every other character has had a major storyline this season, EVERYONE, but Harrison. So the rest of the season has to revolve around him somehow. This came to at the end of the last episode “Snake in the Garden” when I thought it was him talking to Jake.

48. Ren says:

lol I think Jake & Olivia DO have chemistry, think ppl just like her & Fitz better which I do too but there is no denying that she is into him the way she is always smiling and blushing every time she speaks to him and by her reaction to the kiss. As far as him being trustworthy well shall see

• Scott Foley just has chemistry with EVERYONE. He could make dry wall blush lol

• bad romance says:

Their chemistry is contrived, as is the romance. Fitz aside, the idea that this supposedly brilliant woman would start a relationship with a man she met through a dead girl’s phone without checking him out and pass sensitive information through him is just nonsense.
      And in every scene she looks like she’s TRYING to like him and barely succeeding.
      It’s that sad relaionship we all have with the guy/girl we KNOW we should be into but aren’t.
      What makes it weird is that he’s not even a particularly safe choice.
      As a rebound, Edison made far more sense.
      As for him being trustworthy, he’s been spying on her behind her back while dating her and smiling to her face for weeks.
      What else do you need to see?
      It’s the definition of untrustworthy.

49. Sara says:

I have no interest in this new character they are introduce from POI shaw looks to me like they’re trying to break up the team,as far as i’m concerned if they want her to be the centre of attention give her her own show,as for zoe don’t like her either don’t know where people get the idea their chemistry between her and reese because there is none.

50. Arya says:

It is absolutely awesome that Sarah will be back in POI. I have loved her work since Life and she deserves a better show than that horrible show on USA. Jonah, unlike big brother Chris can writer kick-ass female characters and Sarah can play her really well.