Demi Lovato Returning to X Factor for Season 3

Demi-Lovato-X-Factor-Judge-Season-3She may have been the first X Factor mentor knocked out of the competition last year, but that little hiccup won’t stop Demi Lovato from returning to the show’s panel for Season 3, Fox announced today.

“I am so excited to return as a judge and mentor on The X Factor,” said Lovato in a press release. “Last season was an unbelievable experience and I really enjoyed developing personal relationships with the contestants and the panel. I look forward to taking my previous experience and applying it to make this season even better.”

Lovato made her X Factor debut in Season 2, taking charge of the “Young Adults” category that included CeCe Frey, Paige Thomas, Jennel Garcia and Willie Jones.

Lovato’s fellow mentors Britney Spears and L.A. Reid will not return for Season 3, leaving her and Simon Cowell as the only veterans behind the X Factor table. The show went through a similar shakeup after Season 1, when Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger exited to make way for Lovato and Spears.

“I couldn’t be happier that Demi wants to come back this year,” said Cowell, who serves as both mentor and executive producer. “She’s a superstar in her own right and was a fantastic mentor last year. Even though she can be really, really annoying – I truly enjoyed working with her and so did the artists. I’m especially pleased she’s back even during her world tour!”

Excited to see Lovato take a second crack at X Factor glory? Sound off below!

1. L says:

Good, she was suprisingly good as a judge last year

2. April says:

Yay so excited! I loved Demi on the show. hopefully they give her the kids category this year

3. D. says:

I don’t get how Simon keeps saying that everybody is annoying when the only annoying one is himself.

4. Sam says:

Simon Cowell is a misogynist. He intentionally picks women to be on his panel that he can roll his eyes at. Even the way they’re seated, letting men have the first and last words. I’ll follow his shows until the day they’re all over, but it’s clear he only saw L.A. as his equal.

• Sally says:

My “concern” is the “young” 20something girls sitting between two 40 and 50 yr old men. Simon’s ego is obscene.

5. connerc says:

Bad mentor. But, good judge on the live shows. Loved her verbal sparring with Simon, too.

6. John Merka says:

Wow, she was amazing on the show, surprisingly. She was the only judge to really make me want to continue watching. If you havent watched X-Factor yet, I think this season will be a good one to start.

7. Joanna Lynch says:

Demi Lovato is a true superstar. I loved her on this show!! She was an AMAZING judge, like honest and not afraid to argue burtally. She, however, was not that good in mentoring, but I think if they give her a different category (one where the people are YOUNGER than her) she will rock the roof. Anyway, she did attempt to change up their looks which is good, because I loved their new styles (CeCe and Paige). She will do AMAZING this time as a mentor and a judge, i know she will. This girl is AWESOME for making her way back into the panel while still holding onto her fame as a singer during her worldwide tour and an album release. LISTEN to “heart attack”, a song which she wrote, if you havent, it is one of the best pop songs released this year. She has talent.

• Sally says:

But she can’t sell out concert halls. What has she done lately by the way besides XF?

• She released a new single a few weeks ago which has sold 400K+ copies in three weeks

• aleid says:

but she has sould out concerts… and a single that shoot up to #1 on itunes in hours, was most added on radio, 2nd biggest debut this year, behind timberlake and went gold in 5 weeks with no tv performances or music video. just her name in its self brought the hype. she also toured asia, she’ll release an album later this year and continue touring the world/usa.

• aleid says:

gold in 4 weeks* will prob go plaitnum in 5 more.

8. kavyn says:

She was hilarious last year, glad to see her return.

9. Lovatic Forever says:

Yay, I only watched the show because of her.

10. Mymy says:

Perfect! She was a great job judging and she probably learned what not to do for the mentoring side so I can’t wait for her to come back.

11. mia says:

Oh excellent! She was my favourite part of last season. And now that she has a season under her belt, this second go should be stronger for her; the learning curve is over.

12. RD says:

None of the judges on X-factor were amazing-certainly not Demi Lovato.I’ve still got a bad taste in my mouth from the godawful Cece Frey.And she was all Ms.Lovato’s fault! They should have changed them all or just cancelled it all together.It’s just a horrible excuse for a talent show.

• kavyn says:

The only ones I blame Demi for are Jennel and that other girl that cried when she got eliminated. The rest were already pretty awful but at lease Cece was a hilarious trainwreck.

13. marygrace says:

Great to see Demi back!

14. Mari says:

Demi was a great judge but not as good mentor.

15. Jordan says:

So glad Demi will be back for season 3. I appreciated the fact that she wasn’t afraid to give criticism to the contestants.

16. Mark says:

On a panel of extremely biased judges with their own personal agendas, she was easily the least biased and most fair judge. As far as mentoring, we’ll chalk up some of last season’s disasters to inexperience. Glad that Simon and Demi are back, and that LA and Britney are gone. Those were the right choices.

17. Kenneth Chow says:

They will probably go back to the original categories this year…she’ll probably get the girls who is traditionally the strongest SINGERS in the category with the most unique voices and lots of individual artists…if they give her the “girls”…i hope she does not screw it up this year by picking “pop stars” as opposed to people that are original artists…but, i have a feeling she will be better the second time around as she probably is well aware the mistakes she made last year…hopefully

18. I wanted to put you that very little word to help thank you yet again about the pretty pointers you have featured on this page. This has been certainly tremendously generous of people like you to give publicly precisely what many individuals would’ve sold as an ebook to get some cash on their own, primarily considering that you might well have done it if you ever wanted. Those good ideas likewise served to become good way to realize that other individuals have a similar zeal much like mine to know the truth a great deal more on the topic of this issue. Certainly there are many more pleasant occasions in the future for people who find out your website.