CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

Get More: News, Renewals

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

Comments (558)

• Surprised BOTH The Good Wife & The Mentalist were renewed. I figured on or the other would get the nod.

Comment by George – March 27, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why the heck would you think that? The Mentalist is going strong, despite always airing at other times due to sports coverage, and the good wife has quite the fan following as well?!

Comment by Kris – March 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. They are both great shows. Just wish CBS would move them from time slots where you can never be sure what time they will be on. My DVR only did the first half of TGW last Sunday. I missed seeing Peter deck Kers??? Sorry can’t spell his ame. :-) I made sure I had all of athe Mentalist as it has a better time slot on a Canadian channel.

Comment by JoyAnne – March 27, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I missed 2nd half of The Mentalist but was able to view the entire show next day on the internet

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh really? What’s that?

Comment by B – March 27, 2013 02:57 PM PDT
          • We always tape the news right after the Mentalist just in case it runs over.

Comment by Andrea – March 28, 2013 08:46 PM PDT
        • this is my biggest complaint with CBS right now! I wish they would do alternate programming during the fall and plan to not show new episodes when sports or other programming conflicts and pushes the air time later. I have missed so many mentalist episodes this season because of the delays!

Comment by r – March 27, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Very good idea! I am so sick of sitting around waiting for the Mentalist to start. Ugh. One thing you might not know [and which might help you catch the entire episode] is that CBS’s Twitter feed announces when their schedule is running behind, complete with just how many minutes and in what market or time zone it’s happening.

Comment by Chloe – March 27, 2013 02:34 PM PDT
          • imo, that’s what ALL those sports channels are for…..that’s what happened to CSI:MIAMI….they moved it to sunday, and it was KILLED because of the sunday foootball games.

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 27, 2013 02:47 PM PDT
          • I too missed alot of episodes of the Mentalist this season. I’m starting to lose interest,because everything seems to be too messed up. I work nights,so I have to record it. Its very disappointing when you think your going to be watching the Mentalist and its basketball or something else.

Comment by Debbie – March 27, 2013 03:53 PM PDT
          • Last Sunday was the first time I’ve seen the Mentalist in AGES! And it was an hour late. I have Time Warner cable and it never records correctly. AND they don’t have it on demand either (or Person of Interest or Criminal Minds!!) CBS online doesnt work either! Too much buffering. So I am so glad CBS is renewing these Sunday night shoes!

Comment by GMom – March 27, 2013 03:55 PM PDT
          • I have the exact complaint /w CBS & their careless way they handle the Sunday night shows, I have seen so many good shows go by the wayside because of this conflicting scheduling so that I now figure it’s the death knell for a show when they move it to the Sunday night schedule. If you have a DVR then it is possible to get ALL of both shows by setting it to add several hours at the end as I do BUT it is a HUGE PAIN!! I think they should either cancel their sports programing or just put repeats or maybe repeats of old shows because every time this is mentioned here & other forums like this one EVERYONE feels the same as those of us who have commented here today!!!! Of course another solution would simply be tell the people in charge of whatever sports programs are airing that they MUST be finished at the end of their scheduled slot, personally that would be my solution but then I can’t abide sports shows no matter which sport it is. And really what other types of shows are just allowed to run as long as they see fit without regard to the other programing!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – March 27, 2013 04:54 PM PDT
          • Amazing Race airs before The Good Wife. When they run over, the schedule is ruined. I don’t watch reality shows and I will NEVER deliberately watched AR! Cold Case, CSI: Miami both lost behind AR. The Good Wife is available On Demand. The networks seem oblivious to the wishes of the viewing audience. I refuse to buy their products when they displease me.

Comment by Ms. B. – March 27, 2013 08:27 PM PDT
          • I totally agree about things getting in the way of a good show can hurt it! I loved CSI Miami and I feel it went away bc your DVR could never get the whole show. Amazing Race would always hold over and unless you thought ahead to record the News at 10 which would be half of the show, you would miss it!

Comment by janet – March 28, 2013 12:18 AM PDT
          • I set my DVR to always add an extra hour to Mentalist, so I do not miss the ending. Just change the recording options.

Comment by Billk – March 28, 2013 05:24 AM PDT
          • YOU LADIES ARE SUCH COMPLAINERS. ALL THE SPORTS ON SUNDAYS DO 10 TIMES BETTER IN RATINGS THAN ANY OF THE CBS SHOWS. IT’S ALL ABOUT RATINGS. BESIDES, LEARN HOW TO USE A COMPUTER AND DOWNLOAD THE SHOWS FOR FREE THAT WILL STREAM TO YOUR TV VERY EASILY.

Comment by JOE COOL – March 28, 2013 01:53 PM PDT
          • I hate it that CSI Miami was cancelled. That was a great show. I hate it that the sports interferes with The Good Wife. That too is a great show.

And as for Joe Cool, same thing applies. You can always watch sports on the computer (or better yet, get tickets for the games if you are that obsessed.)

Comment by Patricia Damewood – March 28, 2013 09:04 PM PDT
          • I would like all sports show on CBS Saturdays and Sundays to end at 6pm cause I want my 6pm local news and CBS Programming from 8 to 11pm saturdays and sundays 7pm to 11pm. Now Basketball or Football Saturdays or Sundays after 6pm. If Golf goes a little long thats okay. I hope one day soon thanks.

Comment by keithandrews – March 29, 2013 11:36 AM PDT
          • I agree with you and seem to always miss the second half and can’t always watch the show on internet.

Comment by jessie – March 29, 2013 06:09 PM PDT
          • record the news time following mentalist..prob solved

Comment by Lynne – March 31, 2013 04:33 AM PDT
          • go to your dvr episode options and set the mentalist to run over at least an hour. I run the mentalist over an hour and a half just to be sure. I do get sick of fast forwarding the good wife though.

Comment by Jacob – March 31, 2013 11:40 PM PDT
        • Global shows TGW on sundays at 10:00. I realize that this is the time that the mentalist is on but many DVRs tape two shows at once. The global feed is not preempted liked the cbs feed. Hope this helps

Comment by Heather – March 27, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Excuse my ignorance but where exactly would we find the “global feed” seems very interesting to me. I have DirecTV if that helps.

Comment by Rhonda Roland – March 27, 2013 05:14 PM PDT
          • This problem can be eliminated by using a PVR feature called “Time Shifting” so we on the West Coast can record The Good Wife Three hours earlier Pacific Time and record it at 9 PM Pacific time which is midnight on the East Coast. One of them is the complete show. Global, by the way, is a Canadian network that is sometimes picked up by US TV networks.

Comment by Dougie – March 28, 2013 12:04 PM PDT
        • I record The Good Wife at the time it’s supposed to be on, and then I record the Mentalist, using the add an extra hour option. This way I always have all of both shows, although TGW may be split over two different recordings.

Comment by Mary Ann – March 27, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Always give ur DVR extra time I’ve been doing that for years on Sunday night

Comment by Vince – March 27, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hint…don’t set the DVR to record Mentalist…just record TGW and add 3 hours to the end time. Set it this way for series recording and you’ll never end up with half an episode.

Comment by Mark – March 28, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree but I did catch the Good Wife on the On Demand channel and was able to see the whole show. I’d would be sooo disappointed if this show is taken off the air.

Comment by Karen Watts – March 28, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Couldn’t agree more! My TVGuide says The Good Wife stars at 9pm but it didn’t come on until after 10pm RIDICULOUS!!! The “Amazing race” isn’t amazing!! Get it into its own time slot and NOT A SECOND MORE!

Comment by Karen – March 29, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • everybody talks about TGW…what is she good about…she’s got the hots for the other guy,maybe they should change the title to The good wife…b4 the other guy came along!!!!!

Comment by ruby – March 30, 2013 10:44 AM PDT
          • It’s called sports . I tape all shows and news on Sunday .

Comment by Robert Zich – April 5, 2013 02:40 PM PDT
          • Why are people always blaming 60 minutes and The Amazing Race for why their shows are late? It’s the sports running over, just because you don’t like a show it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the right to air. Talk about being self centered, all of you complainers. For the record I like all the shows on the Sunday night lineup, but Ruby’s right, Alicia is nothing but good, she’s a sl*t. lmao

Comment by Heather – April 10, 2013 07:32 AM PDT
        • Set your DVR to record the next show or an hours worth of shows after and you will always have the full espisode recorded.

Comment by Kathy – March 29, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Right Kathy. How dumb are people???????????

Comment by Cherie – April 17, 2013 09:53 AM PDT
        • I learned my lesson after missing a couple of shows. Now I record the next 2 hours after the Mentalist. This way I make sure I get both shows. good luck

Comment by Kathy – March 30, 2013 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am sick of trying to watch the Good Wife and Mentalist CBS is so greedy they make basketball (which I don’t watch) and other programs run over even the stupid commentary. The problem is that CBS does not care about the consumer they care about their agenda. I am sick of it. We have to schedule around or watch on computer. We all need to get together and tell CBS to quit messing up their schedule and put programs on as planned

Comment by gg – April 1, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Their only “agenda” is making money. Sports events draw many, many more viewers, and thus, advertisers and their dollars, than either dramas or reality tv. Sports events, whether it’s football, basketball, or baseball, are unpredictable with regard to the time they’ll take to complete, so it’s hard for networks to predict if they’ll run over they’re scheduled time slot. That said, the networks DO have some control over the length of the games because they insert a TON of commercial breaks into them (see above related agenda) that aren’t ordinarily there or so long. The athletes don’t like them, the fans watching don’t like them, and obviously, those of us who have to put up with them interrupting prime-time programming don’t like them. So, my advice AND request to the networks, especially CBS, is that they stop being so greedy and decrease the number of commercial breaks they add to a sporting event. Seriously, it gets beyond tiresome to have to go to a 2+-minute commercial break every time a baseball team brings in a new relief pitcher or every time a basketball team goes to a 20-second timeout!

Comment by Lynda – May 6, 2013 09:38 PM PDT
        • I have learned on Sundays: ALWAYS set extra time.
          Or watch it on Global/CTV.

Comment by Lou – April 2, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I also am sick and tired of recording TGW and only being able to see half of it because of the stupid amazing race! If the guide says shows are on at a certain time, they ought to be on at that time. Are the executives who work at CBS too stupid to get this or to fix it?

Comment by Cindy – April 15, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • CBS is not stupid, they look at ratings, which means $, and that is all they care about. No matter how many times they say ‘CBS cares’, they really do not.

Comment by roses – April 15, 2013 11:46 AM PDT
        • What you need to do is for DVRing The Good Wife and The Mentalist is manually DVR it. Set your DVR an hour before The Good Wife comes on and record CBS for 5 or 6 hours! That way you do not miss our favorite Wife and Mentalist.

Comment by eyehateCHEEZ (@eyehateCHEEZ) – April 18, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I tried to watch it on the internet, but I gave up because of too many commercials…there were tons of them, drove me nuts

Comment by jbnj – September 29, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The reason for concern is that CBS has been so spoiled by success that they cancel shows with numbers that other only dream about. ( Cold Case, Without A Trace, etc) The Sunday struggles combined with the fact that the audience for both shows is aging were troublesome.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – March 27, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yes las vegas gets tens but cbs as you said are spoiled nbc has a show like revolution barely getting 8s and its consedered a hit

Comment by John Moshier – March 27, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Revolution may have less total viewers, but its 18-49 demo number was 2.6 on Monday, whereas Vegas gets ~1.5. That is the number advertisers pay for.

Comment by Emily – March 27, 2013 10:44 PM PDT
        • Also “Unforgettable” was cancelled by CBS, and it had 8-10 million viewers. Ugh. I hate when CBS does that.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Unforgettable was not canceled. It will be back in the summer.

Comment by Kris – March 28, 2013 09:31 AM PDT
          • Actually, Unforgettable was canceled then the network reversed the decision and decided to bring it back this summer – almost 1 1/2 years between episodes. Definitely not setting it up for success

Comment by Anita – March 29, 2013 07:55 AM PDT
          • Unforgettable will have a ending this summer for the fans. I hope Vegas gets a ending.

Comment by Jacob – April 3, 2013 12:22 AM PDT
      • It takes DEDICATION to watch The Good Wife and The Mentalist. I’ve been catching part of The Good Wife just because I make DAMNED SURE that I never miss The Mentalist. Normally, if a show moves to Weekend Sports Preemption Hell, I DROP IT. Not so with The Mentalist. I am SOOOO VERY HAPPY that The Mentalist got renewed.

Now, if CSI:NY, Rules of Engagement and Criminal Minds would get renewed, my gotta have it list would be complete. I’d also kinda like to see Vegas renewed.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would love to see Vegas renewed. Really enjoyed the characters and story lines.

Comment by Judy Gibson Connelly – March 28, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree, Vegas is fun to watch. Renew it.

Comment by Phocus Please – April 25, 2013 06:11 AM PDT
          • Agreed! Dennis Quaid is perfect for that role and it’s a good show. They may need a few more female characters, but it’s a fresh, fun take on the ubiquitous crime procedural that all of the networks, and viewers apparently, seem to love. I always think it’s interesting to see how forensic technology and police procedures have changed since the 60′s before the addition of so many protections for suspects/criminals. Miranda warning? What’s that? Lol.

Comment by Lynda – May 6, 2013 09:45 PM PDT
        • I’m with you on your gotta have it list. Why is this so difficult-all these shows pull in viewers every week. Otherwise why would we complain????

Comment by RK – May 7, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Both shows have fairly low demos by CBS standards. George makes sense (even though he was wrong); you, Kris, don’t seem to know the ratings basics at all.

Comment by Chris – March 27, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hate the sports preempts…every week it gets so confusing. I end up recording the whole evening and the labels are so wrong ….why cant they schedule them on a different night and just do reruns on Sunday after the sports.

Comment by Judy – March 28, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CSI NY has come a long way, I did try Golden Boy but just couldnt get into it.Vegas was OK but I cant see watching it every week. Why cancle a long running show for one that will bomb in the end, makes no scence to me!!!!

Comment by Glo – March 27, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The season finale looked an AWFUL lot like a farewell…

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • tptb of csi:ny has the last 2 seasons written their season final to be a possible series final….that’s what upset me sooooooooo much with csi:miami…..it would be sad if they don’t come back.

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 27, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I Agree..Get rid of Golden Boy and Renew CSI NY…Vegas is much better than Golden Boy!!

Comment by Bernadette – March 27, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I tried to enjoy Golden Boy–love Chi McBride–but it just wasn’t happening. Vegas has a better story to tell, and CSI:NY deserves a season 10.

Comment by suzi – March 27, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I absolutely agree CSI:NewYork deserves another season.Would really hate to see it gone.Don’t need so many relity shows.

Comment by Debra Alexander – March 29, 2013 08:09 AM PDT
        • I LOVE VEGAS! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL! LOVE TO WATCH DENNIS QUAID!

Comment by Vicky Crawford – March 27, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree more so since my teen hood was in the 1960s plus Michael is a great bad/good guy.
            Too bad they didn’t do an ep about when the Rat Pack was in town to shoot OCEAN’S 11.
            Too late as it’s now 1961 on the show. Now if it was 1971 just maybe we would see when
            they came to town to do Diamonds are Forever.

Comment by Vince – March 27, 2013 09:31 PM PDT
          • Please don’t cancel Vegas or The Golden Boy both were very GOOD, EXCELLENT shows!!!!!! You kill these shows because you put them in time slots that are terrible. I am very glad to see the Mentalist back on because I figured the time slot you put it in was going to kill it!!!!!!!! Take off these stupid shows like Two & a Half Men (if you can even call them that!!!!) or some of these other shows that show how degrading men & women have become!!!!! Unforgettable was not an unforgettable show either!!!! Why do you take off the good shows?

Comment by Karen – August 8, 2013 07:38 PM PDT
        • I’m hoping that CBS is bold enough to renew “Golden Boy” because there is a great deal of potential there. I get that NYPD Blue vibe from it which I like a lot. I’m thoroughly enjoying that series. “Vegas” has yet to find its voice. As a fan of CSI:NY, I have to say that it has gotten to the point where the writers are just mailing it in. I want to see the hardcore, twisting series that it was when it first started which made it so much more interesting than the original and the cartoonish Miami.

Comment by Tania – March 28, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I also enjoy Golden Boy. It was slow starting, but now it has become intriguing. How it continues.

Comment by Joe Jarrell – March 28, 2013 12:13 PM PDT
          • I have not and will not watch The Golden Boy – CBS already has several “police” shows based in NYC – CSI – NY, Blue Bloods, Elementary why another one. IMHO Vegas needs to come back!!!!

Comment by Rick T – March 28, 2013 02:35 PM PDT
          • I’d like to see CSI:NY turn down the volume on tbe distracting music and get their science right.

Comment by KoshN – March 29, 2013 03:59 PM PDT
          • Ditto, hope they renew Golden Boy too! Tons of potential from a great ensemble cast!

Comment by Flora – April 30, 2013 01:43 PM PDT
          • I didn’t want to “like” the Golden Boy, but got hooked immediately. Love NYPD Blues, Vegas, CSI NY. Really enjoy “cop” shows. Very upset that Rules of Engagement isn’t coming back. What a downer. Really could get a good laugh from watching it every week–without missing. If we were going to be out, we would tape.. What will we be watching next Fall? The seasons are getting shorter and shorter.

Comment by Joanie Molnar – May 12, 2013 05:55 PM PDT
          • I think CSI: NY should come back for any season I’ve watched this show from the begin and its gotten better every season, I don’t even understand CBS’s outcome! lets bring it back like it should of been. The same comment goes for Unforgettable !

Comment by Marty – September 23, 2013 04:29 PM PDT
        • I agree. I could not get into Golden Boy at all, I won’t miss it if it goes away.

I love CSI:NY and completely enjoy Vegas. Wish they both come back, but have to agree the season finale of CSI:NY was really like a series finale … I know they have written them that way the last two seasons, just in case…but this one hit home a bit more than last year did.

I too enjoy Rules of Engagement but am pretty sure it won’t be back, especially with David & Bianca having new pilots … they will end with the birth of the baby and hopefully the wedding, maybe a double wedding with Russell tying the knot too (that would be a hoot) IMO. I will miss it, that show always made me smile, if not laugh until it hurt. Glad it stuck around as long as it did with no real support from CBS.

Comment by SoFla – March 28, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Golden Boy is soooo good!!! Keep it on…

Comment by Sharon – March 28, 2013 02:54 PM PDT
          • TV pilots often go nowhere.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 04:51 PM PDT
          • My wife and I LOVE CBS and so many there shows! We think they have something with Golden Boy; the acting is good the plot is good and the way they flash forward and then back to present day shows how he evolved as an officer. It’s a nice change to the same old same old.

Comment by Chris – April 14, 2013 09:32 PM PDT
        • I agree with u I really enjoy watching Vegas will be glad when it comes back.

Comment by norie – March 28, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I like vegas hope, hope they don’t cancel it, like they have CSI Maimi, that was my favorit show, I watch all the CSI shows, and the Good Wife, the Mentalist, they can cancel Elementary don’t like the actors.

Comment by glenda – March 28, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree renew csi: ny get rid golden boy & Vegas. Also the cw should renew beauty and the beast that show is awesome and so is cult.

Comment by Chris – April 3, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes I agree. First they cancel CSI MIAMI and now NY…??? I like that they are bringing back Unforgettable but it’s only for a few episodes this summer so its not like it’s officially back for good which sucks. I really wish networks would stop moving shows around, that’s like an automatic cancellation!

Comment by Jess Coleburn – April 7, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bring back csi miami

Comment by gordon – March 28, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree still watch reruns I love that show, also Criminal Minds need to be renew please those the best shows. We are tried of the reality shows all the time, while the true actor are getting fired.

Comment by Renita – March 28, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, bring back csi Miami. It was a fantastic show and I miss it.

Comment by A. Bertram – March 28, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by KoshN – March 29, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Caruso’s co-star (his sunglasses) probably wants too much money.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I was so tired of the sunglasses and the rest of his ego. Really liked the rest of the team .

Comment by Kim V – April 16, 2013 03:32 PM PDT
      • I agree. NCIS NY was one of my favorite shows on F riday night and they have dropped it without so much of an explanation..

Comment by Frances – March 28, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve continued to watch Golden Boy and it is starting to get stronger, episode by episode. It is still not the greatest show, but it is better than a lot of other tv that is on the air right now (seriously, ABC, Splash? – I know, different network, but come on!)

Comment by Anita – March 29, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bummed that CSI NY may be cancelled – REALLY ENJOY THIS SHOW as well as Criminal Minds, Hawaii Five O, and other CIS/CSI shows. . .

Comment by scastle – March 29, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Get rid of Golden boy and keep CSI: NY!

Comment by Debra – March 29, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Get rid of Golden( Bluff) Boy bring back Vegas and get rid of Good Wife boring you guys do some stuipd stuff

Comment by Ted – March 30, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Please bring back CSI:NY!!! Love it!!

Comment by Kim V – April 16, 2013 03:32 PM PDT
    • The Good Wife is a very superior tv show. Writing, acting. production values, etc. are all top quality. TGW and The Mentalist both perform very well considering all of the Sunday obstacles.
      No network, least of all CBS, would cancel a show with the awards and critical acclaim of The Good Wife just because the ratings predictably suffered on Sunday nights. The networks know that Sundays are tough. Bravo to CBS for renewing The Good Wife!

Comment by Dee – March 27, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • One of the things about TGW how more and more we’re seeing actors from Law & Order.
        Great seeing LT Anita a few weeks back. Not to forget Abbie from E.R.
        I get a big kick how the show is shot in NYC but takes place in Chicago, matter of fact sometimes I forget they’re in Chi Town.
        The town the family lives in Highland Park was the one next to the army base (Ft. Sheridan ) where I served the last year of my enlistment, the other towns were Lake Forest & Highwood funny how two towns start with HIGH.
        I love this show, my late wife did as well. Julianna Margulies is a joy, Good to see Chris Noth always a big fan of his.

Comment by Vince – March 27, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Me too. I’ve been worried about them both this season. But I’m so glad “The Mentalist”-an amazing show that’s having a great season!, and “The Good Wife” have been renewed. :)

Comment by Natalie – March 27, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Want to add, “The Mentalist” may have some crazy scheduling, but it’s been worth it to program my DVR an hour over for both it and TGW, this season. Otherwise I would’ve missed a lot of episodes. Sometimes it’s hard to stay up late for “The Mentalist” on a Sunday but, as I said, it’s been such a great season and show, it has been totally worth it. :) Thanks for the good news,, TVLine.

Comment by Natalie – March 27, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I happen to really really like TGW and The Mentalist. Why doesn’t CBS just drop Survivor?????????????? that show sucks so badly!!!!

Comment by Laurel L. – March 27, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I also really like TGW and the Mentalist. I felt bad when the shows were relegated to Sunday Night, but those two shows had held their own. I do miss a lot of episodes due to the sports scheduling, but I watch them “On demand”. Glad the shows were renewed.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree. Survivor is dumb, dumb, dumb. We too enjoy TGW and The Mentalist.

Comment by Joanie Molnar – May 12, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t it amazing that we worry about TV shows being canceled, when there are much more troubles in the world to worry about. Just saying.!!!

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yet here you are, commenting with the rest of us.

Comment by tripoli – March 28, 2013 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • at least on these shows,some good guys win,unlike in the real world ,the killers always go free

Comment by ruby – April 1, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • these comments are for fun; not a serious subject. the troubles of the world are seen at other times a day.

Comment by Shelly – April 12, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Mentalist deserves to be renewed, because CBS had no idea that NFL Football will kill anything up against it. They could run NCIS and The Big Bang Theory against and lose. Move the show the numbers will be fine.

Comment by Stephen – March 27, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So right about this black hole time slot….

Comment by JoAnn Biuso – March 27, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why the surprise, George. Both shows have faithful fan followings. I love both shows and very happy that they are renewed. I wasn’t surprised at all. Just happy.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am very concerned about the possible cancelation of CSI:New York-one of my favorite shows

Comment by Jill McCuan – March 29, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am hoping CBS won’t cancel CSI-NY, love that show as for CSI-miami I didn’t really care for the character of H. Caine, too arrogant and never got any work done. Lol

Comment by Carmen Alberto – May 4, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anyone have any update on Blue Bloods? Didn’t see anything one way or the other. LOVE that show, can’t imagine them pulling the trigger on that show.

Comment by Dan – March 29, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i believe it was on the list of those RENEWED…..which i’m thrilled about……it’s just CRIMINAL MINDS & CSI:VEGAS, that is in ????? at the moment.

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 29, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • CSI (Las Vegas) IS renewed. Criminal Minds will likely be renewed. CSI:NY is, sadly, likely not going to be renewed, though I *hope* it, Rules of Engagement and of course, Criminal Minds gets renewed.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • D’oh! By CSI:Vegas, you must’ve meant “Vegas” (sans the ”CSI” bit.).

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • actually, i believe i meant CSI:NY…..sorry about that….i was probably tired, when i replied.

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 30, 2013 05:28 PM PDT
    • I agree about The Mentalist and The Good Wife. I wish they would put The Mentalist on a different night because football is always screwing up the viewers on the east coast!

Comment by amanda – March 30, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss The Mentalist too beacause my dvr says its the mentalist that is on when it is really recordeing The Good Wife and then i have to hunt the mentalist down to beable to watch it. Please label the right shows on at the right times!

Comment by stewart – April 2, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It infuriates me when I set my DVR to record The Good Wife at the correct time slot, only to find that even though the heading says The Good Wife, in fact it has recorded some stupid reality show and only the last 30 minutes of the show I scheduled. Not Good at all..

Comment by l williams – November 24, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Mike & Moll,y Two Broke Girls, Elementary, and Person of Interest… wow I watch a lot of CBS

Comment by Jay – March 27, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOl..Me too!!

Comment by dawn f – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • (snicker) On CBS, I watch:
      The Mentalist
      How I Met Your Mother
      Rules of Engagement
      Mike and Molly
      Hawaii Five-0 (only occasionally)
      NCIS
      NCIS:LA
      Vegas
      Criminal Minds
      CSI
      The Big Bang Theory
      Two and a Half Men
      Person of Interest
      Elementary
      and
      CSI:NY.

Compare that to ABC, where I only watch Castle and Last Man Standing, The CW where I only watch Supernatural, and NBC where I only Watch Grimm.

I no longer watch FOX, because they are the absolute worst for cancelling my favorite shows. I also never watch TNT, because they cancelled the spinoff of my all time favorite show, Babylon 5. If it weren’t for Warehouse 13, I’d pay no attention to Syfy, either. CBS is by far, my most watched channel.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you work? It seems like you watch a lot of TV. Go for a walk once in a while.

Comment by Craig – March 27, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You do realize if you DVR a lot of stuff, you can have *new* shows all year long. They don’t necessarily watch all of them every week.

Comment by Matt Ackeret (@mattack1) – March 27, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • BINGO! I usually get caught up over the summer.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:20 PM PDT
        • Heh, I work 6 days a week. The ONLY way I can watch these shows is to record everything, and marathon session them when I get a chance.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • BINGO. That’s still alot of TV for someone to watch. Gotta try and find a new hobby.

Comment by The Outside World – March 27, 2013 04:39 PM PDT
          • KoshN needs to get laid.

Comment by LOLOLOL – March 27, 2013 05:06 PM PDT
          • Lol thats what I do also! I’m planning on catching up on Bones this weekend.

Comment by amanda – March 30, 2013 03:10 PM PDT
          • Like you sitting here on the puter telling someone else what to do with there time is good

Comment by keith – March 30, 2013 09:40 PM PDT
        • Way are you being so mean? Many people have mentioned about /w a DVR you can watch how much & when you want BUT why is it your business to tell another how much to watch–ever hear of the disabled, retirees, & probably dozens of the persons who could actually watch that much TV in 1 week & still have time for other activities that they are physically capable of!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – March 27, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • agreed! some people are so rude.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 05:18 PM PDT
          • agree with you -we watch the same thing and we watch over the weekend at different times we come in the house or with the crazy weather -the only other channel we watch is HLN

Comment by ann b – March 28, 2013 07:02 PM PDT
          • You people are wasting far too much valuable TV watching time discussing other people’s viewing habits!

Comment by ade – March 29, 2013 01:08 PM PDT
          • so I guess you are viewing & commenting on this /w some sort of mind melt or something since you seem to think the rest of us are wasting TO MUCH time–what exactly ARE YOU doing, you’ve obviously read, you watch & you comment–so now explain to the rest of us JUST how you are different &/or better!!!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – March 29, 2013 03:10 PM PDT
        • Wow, a whole 17 hours of TV out of a 168 hour week. Less than 3 hours a day. I would actually say (s)he is on the lower end of viewing time considering how much a lot of people seem to watch these days.

Comment by The Squatch – March 27, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re right! I just did the math for myself, and I’m at 25 hours. And I don’t even have a DVR, just an old VHS player. If I had more money, I’d never leave the house!

Comment by Jay – March 28, 2013 08:46 AM PDT
          • I know I am way more guilty – I watch a ton of sports and also a lot of regular tv. I happen to work for one of the tv providers, and hate I have to educate people all the time on how to use their dvr to deal with CBS on Sundays. Fox has figured it out – they have a football post-game show for an hour and that pretty much deals with football overruns. CBS did start pushing everything back 1/2 an hour this past year, but they really need to move one of the Sunday shows to a different time (and know it will never be 60 Minutes getting moved).

Comment by Anita – March 29, 2013 08:03 AM PDT
      • I am with you. BTW, I do work fulltime too. I do watch Syfy; (Lost Girl) and USA: Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, and Covert Affairs. FX: Sons of Anarchy, and Justified. I got hooked on Walking Dead too. Love my job; 7 days on, 7 days off, so I can watch my programs and exercise sparingly.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch/Record more than that, have 3 kids, a job and a wife that keeps me up at night. It is possible. Exhausting, but possible. The best news for me is another season of Person of Interest.

Comment by haukmoor – March 28, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Like Hawaii Five-o, the Mentalist, Person of Interest, NCIS (my favorite of all), Elementary, Blue Bloods and NCIS-LA on CBS. I like Chicago Fire on NBC and Body of Proof on ABC

Comment by Jane Rioux – March 28, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is a depressing amount of bad television. And fan logic about particular networks makes ZERO sense, and never will.

Comment by Guest – March 28, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Love Person of Interest and Elementary on thursday nites. I do not care if people know that I watch too much TV.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Person of Interest but last season it started to derail a bit. Still a fan! Elementary has a great cast and plot. They are both thinker type shows.

comment by Kerry

Comment by Kerry Keeler – September 4, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Vegas – know it’s a long shot but still have some hope. That was a good show.

Comment by notesforthesitcom – March 27, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vegas is a favorite of mine as well.

Comment by carolinagirl – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We like Vegas in this house, too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment by kate – March 27, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto! I hope the move to Fridays won’t hurt them.

Comment by Lorie – March 27, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Seems to me the move to Fridays could only help. They will be paired with Blue Bloods (which attracts a similar demographic) and they will not have to have numbers as high to be considered a success.

Comment by MaryAnn – March 27, 2013 08:43 PM PDT
        • Both my wife and I leave everything else on the table for the two hour block of Vegas and Bluebloods. Two of the best programs on lately. Hope they both stay right where they’re at.

Comment by Craig – May 6, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My husband is upset about the possibility of no Vegas renewal. I don’t dare mention the word cancellation. All I can say is that it is not, yet, renewed when he asks. Vegas is one terrific fun show. We both enjoy it, lots. I’ll keep holding my breath!

Comment by prish – March 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my boyfriend and I love Vegas!!! I hope it gets renewed as well

Comment by Elyse – March 27, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too!

Comment by Kim – March 27, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it too. Please don’t cancel it!!

Comment by Sybil – March 27, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vegas has been my favorite show since the beginning. I only watch about 6 hours of TV per week and this show is at the top of my DVR priority list. Quality story lines, great acting. I also love the nostalgia of the old Las Vegas.

Comment by Steve – March 27, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vegas is one of our favorites!!! It’s one of the few shows geared to my age bracket (the bracket that pays the bills) unlike shows like two and a half men’s age bracket. Keep Vegas ON!!!

Comment by weep – March 27, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife was the only on-the-bubble show that I desperately wanted to be renewed. So this news has absolutely made my day! Thanks CBS

Comment by BH – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Good Wife was never on the bubble. It was definitely getting a renewal. I hope it continues for a long time!

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It depends on your source.

Comment by Esaul – March 27, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My source was this website which I have yet to find unreliable.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not saying it is. I use both TVLine and TVByTheNumbers, both reliable for the most part.

Comment by Esaul – March 27, 2013 01:53 PM PDT
        • Yes, The Good Wife, The Mentalist and CSI:NY were all listed as being on the bubble.

So was/is Rules of Engagement. :-(

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • On this site The Mentalist was “a safe bet”.

Comment by David Francis – March 28, 2013 10:52 AM PDT
      • Love the good wife, I do a lot of train travel and I put it on my iPad. Great to watch on the train.

Comment by Terry – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was never on the bubble. Ask Auseillo. He is never wrong. When I get worried about a show, I start reading the comments of other viewers. For example, FRINGE show was always on the bubble, and it lasted 5 seasons. Fans kept that show on TV.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife was always a shoo-in for a fifth (and possible final) season. The ratings may look weak, but between the high income of its viewership, beating the other networks in households and critical buzz there was no way CBS was going to kill it.

Comment by J Bernard – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? No Golden Boy? Well, I guess there’s only room for one NY Police Commissioner on the CBS schedule.

Comment by queerbec – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just told my mom no more Golden boy, and shes upset, come on CBS I i know you love your older audience!! I mean really older:) AND if you loser her then ,the channel will be changed to where it will stay until she falls asleep! you will lose out big ratings!

Comment by dawn f – March 27, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s going on with Golden Boy?

Comment by kate – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nothing, so far. But everyone seems to think that it has zero chance to be renewed. I love it.

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing on Golden Boy or is that a toss up with Vegas?

Comment by Nicole – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sounds like it’s a toss up with Vegas. I don’t watch Vegas, but Golden Boy has really grown on me. Theo James & Chi McBride have a really great chemistry as partners, and more Kevin Alejandro on my tv screen is never a bad thing :)

Comment by Maggie – March 27, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m hoping for Golden Boy too

Comment by Andy – March 27, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love this show! Theo James and Chi McBride are a great partnership, more interesting each week. Better to keep both this show AND Vegas than add some new loser like Made in Jersey which lasts 2 weeks!

Comment by cathiecat – March 27, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m watching Golden Boy at least as much because Kevin Alejandro’s acting chops are blowing me away… he’s offering the most multi-dimensional character in the series. I was a fan, sort of, due to True Blood but never realized how under-utilized his skills were on that show.

Comment by Larry McD – March 27, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So awesome to see Kevin Alejandro getting so much fan love and making new ones. I’ve been following him since Southland and still miss him on there. Hope he gets to headline his own show one day.

Comment by Nunaya_Bidness – March 27, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Vegas and Golden Boy……but not surprised about either

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Golden Boy, also…and hopefully it will keep NCIS:LA ratings since they moved it to Tuesday at 10 EST.

Comment by Holly – March 27, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Chi McBride, too, but wish he was still on “Human Target” (FOX) with Mark Valley. Lacking that, I wish FOX had never cancelled “Keen Eddie.”

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too!! I LOVED Human Target! Putting those two women on the show just ruined it! They should have left well enough alone. Very glad to see Chi McBride back! Wish Mark Valley wasn’t on Body of Proof. Ugh
          I also miss Lie to Me. Great show!

Comment by GMom – March 27, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I didn’t mind Janet Montgomery being added to “Human Target” but Indira Varma’s character was AWFUL. I COULDN’T STAND Mrs. Pucci (Varma)!!! If they had ditched Mrs. Pucci, “Human Target” Season 2 would’ve been GREAT.

At least Janet Montgomery had good comedic chemistry with Jackie Earle Haley (Guerrero).

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:38 PM PDT
        • I too loved Human Target and was sad when it was cancelled but I am glad to see Mark Valley in Body of Proof. I didn’t like him in Harry’s Law.

Comment by chistosa – March 28, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Golden Boy is not available on line or on demand, so that means I won’t watch it til it shows up on Netflix. Sorry, but a show with a continuing story line like this has to provide a way for those of us without a DVR to not miss an episode. Otherwise, it’s just frustrating.

Comment by MaryAnn – March 27, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You can watch Golden Boy directly from the CBS Website…I missed an episode or two on my DVR, and found full episodes on the website.

Comment by IndianaGreg – March 28, 2013 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Golden Boy is available on-line. I watched a marathon last week to get caught up. Really hope they keep this show

Comment by Leslie Lilly-Johnson – March 28, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Golden Boy is just getting good! Title could be better (not unlike Made In Jersey which was cute). I think it would be a great partner with Blue Bloods on Friday (even tho it is about the same job in NYC) or after Good Wife on Sunday. Too many competing shows on at the same time on weekdays – networks need to stop trying to make one win over another.

Comment by 3dhouseofmagic – March 27, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want, both, Golden Boy and Vegas. They balance each other. Fun in the past, and fun in the future.

Comment by prish – March 27, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Goldenboy it is so good! There is no reason they can’t have it back in the fall and then Vegas in the winter.

Comment by sarah – March 27, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The renewal scorecard has not been updated.

Comment by MJ – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Give it a minute. There’s only one guy running this site, remember.

Comment by Jay – March 28, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ?? Did Mitovich, Aus and Slezak all become one person and I just didn’t notice? Not to mention all of their other reporters.

Comment by Leah – March 28, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course I am the most excited about the good wife! This news made my day!

Comment by jackie – March 27, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This made e realize how little I care about CBS shows. Huzzah for more Survivor though! I will watch that show until the day I die.

Comment by Zach – March 27, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Survivor is one of the few Fall-Winter CBS Primetime shows that I actively avoid. The others are 2 Broke Girls and The Golden Boy. I watch 11.5 hours of CBS every week, 1.5 hours of ABC, 1 hour of NBC and 1 hour of The CW.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You do not have to justify your TV viewing status. It is Okay. I watch alot of TV. I do avoid ALL reality shows. No survivor or others….

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! So excited for Elementary. That has become appointment TV in our house, which is funny because we don’t watch any other detective/cop shows. Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are dynamite together.

Comment by Lauren – March 27, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Am delighted Elementary is being renewed. Some people don’t get it but it is so thought provoking to make it a “thinking” program. I love it! Thnk you CBS!

Comment by Pattie – March 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t like Lucy Liu much until I saw Elementary. Now, I’m becoming a fan. I love Elementary.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto

Comment by Sheryl – March 27, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • triple ditto. Now I love Lucy Liu.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I watched elemetary in the beginning but found it boring.

Comment by Lisa – March 28, 2013 06:42 AM PDT
  • Criminal Minds?

Comment by Jay – March 27, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds hasn’t been removed….NOOOOOOO!!!

Comment by MJ – March 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ok…I was so upset I couldn’t type…lol

hasn’t been renewed

Comment by MJ – March 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Criminal Minds hasn’t been renewed YET. We still have hope after contract negiotations

Comment by Sally – March 27, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about golden boy? It is too early?

Comment by princessdeesha – March 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Criminal Minds?

Comment by Holly Rebekah May – March 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like Michael said- criminal minds will be renewed but they have to negotiate salaries amd stuff and there is a lot of negotiation to do. What I don’t get is how will they fit all of the current shows with the new ones. There are soMe interesting dramas in pilot mode!

Comment by shuayb – March 27, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Criminal Minds my aunt wants to know? LOL

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 27, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should we be concerned for Criminal Minds?

Comment by Tricia – March 27, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • im guessing the cast and crew is still negotiating

Comment by Spike – March 27, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering how much it’s gone downhill? Probably. I’ll be surprised if it gets renewed, but it may for a farewell season. If it makes after next season? I would die of shock.

Comment by kathybrewster – March 27, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Criminal Minds is in no danger of not being renewed, unless they can’t work out contracts with the actors, not because of ratings. I personally don’t like the show as much with Paget but continue to watch every week.

Comment by Jules – March 27, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No announcement for Goldenboy?hmmm well it has only been on for like 4 episodes.

Comment by Jason Lawson (@Snowballx) – March 27, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed Vegas is now a long shot. Last time I checked the Renewal Scorecard it was showing “could go either way.” It was really strong going into the hiatus it’s on. I’ve been missing it in the meantime.

Comment by Bob M. – March 27, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI NY should not be the one cancelled. the ones that should be is The Amazing Race, Survivor. they have worn out their welcome. i haven’t watched them since the 2nd season…

Comment by Tom – March 27, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree – I have had enough of Amazing Race & Survivor! CSI NY on the other hand is one of the best of the CSI programs. Miami could go, not NY.

Comment by Pattie – March 27, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • People under 40 still watch that crap.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – March 27, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What, The Amazing Race and Survivor? The latter caters to the backstabber in people. I detest Survivor.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I especially detest it when it records during the first half of The Good Wife which is what I was supposed to be recording.

Comment by l williams – November 24, 2013 10:28 AM PDT
      • AGREED!!! Ditch The Amazing Race or, better yet, Survivor in favor of CSI:NY! It wouldn’t make sense, ratings-wise, but I’D LOVE IT.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. Someone who feels the same as I do.

Comment by JoyAnne – March 27, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just to explain. I was referring to Amazing Race and especially Survivor. I likeCSI NY.

Comment by JoyAnne – March 27, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • definitely agree with you

Comment by ann b – March 28, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im guessing Criminal Minds cast has to negotiate yet again?

Comment by Spike – March 27, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I remember correctly, the two who renegotiated last year (Gubler and someone else. Mantegna?) signed for two years Everyone else is being negotiated this year.

Comment by meem – March 27, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Criminal Minds??? W.T.F?

Comment by JJHotchForever – March 27, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I’m so glad The Mentalist is back!

Comment by Yvonne – March 27, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am SO RELIEVED that The Mentalist is back. Love that cast, especially Robin Tunney and Amanda Righetti. :D

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Robin Tunney is fantastic. Amanda and, yes, the whole cast is cool, tbh.

Comment by @Kosh – March 27, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! especially because I want Rigsby & Van Pelt together!

Comment by rebecca – March 27, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Heh, I’m marathon rewatching The Mentalist right now, currently on Season 2 DVD #4 “Code Red.” :D

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. I do want Rigsby and Van Pelt together too. CBS, please make it happen.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is watching Undercover Boss? Ugh. Blech.

Comment by skiki – March 27, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not me! There’s one Reality TV show that I used to watch, Master Chef on FOX, but now that I’m boycotting FOX, I watch absolutely NO Reality TV. It irks me that I have to catch a bit of Survivor before Criminal Minds, Dancing with the Has Beens (ABC) before Castle and Fashion Star (NBC) before Grimm.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you’re boycotting FOX, then you’re missing Bob’s Burgers, which is the best comedy on television right now. I pity you.

Comment by Jay – March 28, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Generally, I don’t watch cartoons/animated. However, I did buy the Duck Dodgers DVD set that recently was released. Also, I have been known to watch The Simpsons occasionally, and Space Ghost Coast to Coast back when it aired.

KoshN

Comment by KoshN – March 28, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad for both Hawaii Five-O and Elementary. :)

Comment by Robin – March 27, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two great shows! Why not more love for the always exciting remake of Hawaii Five O I wonder?

Comment by Peter Smith – March 27, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • <3 <3 M<3 I <3 it too and ((hugs)) all for FIVE O

Comment by dawn f – March 27, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • McCarrot (O’Loughlin has the acting ability of a carrot.), and the not so hot writing. I mainly watch for Danno’s snarks and the other humor between McCarrot and Danno, for Catherine (Michelle Borth) McCarrot’s GF, Daniel Dae Kim (who used to be on the Babylon 5 spinoff “Crusade” (on the accursed TNT channel. Damn TNT for cancelling that!!!), and the Hawaiian scenery.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Why do you feel the need to be rude? Jealous much?? Alex can act and he says a lot with facial expressions as well. Sometimes wonder if he struggles to not let the Aussie accent through….

Comment by melinda – March 27, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I gotta admit that Simon Baker and Owain Yeoman on The Mentalist are worse at letting their Aussie accent slip through.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 06:46 PM PDT
          • It’s just that Alex O’Loughlin seems to be about the same on every show, Moonlight, Three Rivers and now Hawaii Five-0. It’s like I’m watching Alex O’Loughlin *try* to play a vampire, a doctor and a cop, but it’s really 99% O’Loughlin and 1% the character. Because of that, I never really suspend disbelief.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 06:55 PM PDT
          • i agree, the name calling is UNCALLED….and makes the person come across like a child….and it’s sad, if it’s really an ADULT….that’s where the young bullies learn that kind of thing, the adults in their lives.

i LOVE alex/steve….and i LOVE the chemistry he has with scott caan/danny…..alex is a DAMN good actor….i doubt, he’s get as much work if he wasn’t as GOOD as he is…..and scott caan is DAMN good as well….it bugs me, when i see nasty comments about him.

as for the actress who plays catherine: her i CAN’T stand…..i’ve heard, she isn’t very nice to any fan that don’t like her or her character.

alisa

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 27, 2013 07:26 PM PDT
        • I like McGarrett (McCarrot) and company. KoshN, you are very witty, not rude at all.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • [shrug] “McCarrot” is something I picked up from Usenet (rec.arts.tv). That’s what O’Loughlin is frequently called over there. Sorry if it upset anybody. rec.arts.rv can be a pretty irreverent place.

KoshN

Comment by KoshN – March 28, 2013 05:22 PM PDT
          • rec.arts tv NOT rec.arts.rv. Typo..

Comment by KoshN – March 28, 2013 05:24 PM PDT
  • no criminal minds? that’s the only cbs show i watch! i hope the replicator isn’t the series ending arc.

Comment by greenawaygirl – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am surprised nothing about criminal minds love that show and csi new york has gotten really good this year i will miss them if they are canceled

Comment by Marybeth Mason – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching Criminal Minds a few years ago–just too violent for me. But I LOVE CSI:NY! Especially with Lindsay getting pregnant. Love the whole cast! I really hope it’s not canceled.

Comment by Elena – March 27, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally screamed when i saw the news on twitter! I was so worried about The Good Wife. Now they need to renew Criminal Minds and everything is fine (at least with the CBS shows. waiting for the other networks :S )

Comment by Viv – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish ABC would announce some renewals

Comment by Mike – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds has come back…please??

Comment by Lana – March 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Has *to* come back. I can’t type lol

Comment by Lana – March 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ditch Golden Boy in favor of CSI: NY

Comment by Andrea – March 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0, Elementary, and The Mentalist! :)

Comment by Samantha – March 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hawaii Five-0 Season 4 Woohoo!!!! My favorite show — love the actors/characters, scenery and action. Doing the happy dance bigtime! Congrats Alex, Scott, Daniel and Grace and Peter Lenkov too — you deserve it for the very entertaining show you’ve given us for the last 3 years. Enjoy your summer hiatus and BRING IT ON next year!

Comment by Sarah Jane – March 27, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m THRILLED to see that some of my favorites have been renewed….1) NCIS…2)NCIS:LA….3)BLUE BLOODS….4) HAWAII FIVE-0….5) CSI:VEGAS….as for CSI:NY; with them ending their season as “early” as they did….i would NOT be surprised, if they don’t come back…..look what happened with CSI:MIAMI, when it ended their early….it was pulled….i HOPE, that CRIMINAL MINDS could still pull out a renewal.

alisa

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My TV went on the blitz, so me and my boyfriend watch BOTH NCIS AND NCIS LA online…they’re only ones that he’ll watch with me! I like CRIMINAL MINDS, but it’s hard for me to see it though…

Comment by Mary M. – March 28, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad CSI and Elementary will be back.

Comment by Cheo – March 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew Criminal Minds! One of my favorities!

Comment by Mary – March 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal minds must get renewed, hopefully it’s just the cast negotiations that need to happen, not CBS messing around with the show again… Seriously CBS don’t mess with the show again!

Comment by Beth – March 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for Person of Interest! Am I the only one watching that show…?

Comment by Emily – March 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Person of Interest” is a fantastic show. I’m so glad it is renewed – we watch it weekly and sometimes twice – thank goodness for PVR.

Comment by Pattie – March 27, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was on the fence during season 1. But season 2 has kicked into high gear.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 27, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amazing show I loved from the minute I saw it!

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hell no, I’ve watched Person of Interest fron the beginning. It”s Must See TV!

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Person Of Interest. I started watching because of JIm Cavierel (unsure of spelling) and fell in love. Show hasn’t been on due to NCAA sports. I miss it.

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on television. What are they thinking?

Comment by Patricia Flynn-Williams – March 27, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With such a strong schedule, CBS is probably playing hardball in the Criminal Minds cast negotiations.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about it – but I think you forgot to mention that Rules of Engagement wasn’t renewed either.

Comment by Kerry – March 27, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I had to choose between Golden Boy and Vegas I’d have to go with Golden Boy. It has much more room to grow.

Comment by wrstlgirl – March 27, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife….MY LIFE IS COMPLETE~

Comment by kiki – March 27, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still keeping hope that Vegas gets renewed, but happy that The Good Wife will be back!

Comment by CD – March 27, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot to mention Rules of Engagement, which is probably a goner.

Comment by Gabe – March 27, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The biggest nugget on TV; rivaling According To Jim in the number of flushes it survived.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – March 27, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rules of Engagement has gotten better every season. Even Adam is cracking me up, now.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hadn’t watched it for ages but caught it again the other night and it was hilarious.

Comment by Bellaz – March 27, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rules is my favorite show on TV, I DVR all the reruns, I can watch them over and over and still laugh

Comment by Chris – March 28, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait EW state the Criminal Minds are still negotiating talent deals… So here’s hoping everyone signs on and we don’t get yet another cast shuffle!

Comment by Bethan – March 27, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elementary , Yes thanks CBS, another season of Joan/Sherlock.

Comment by Billy – March 27, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really hope criminal minds gets picked up soon!!

Comment by Sara Kover – March 27, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish CBS picks it up for a FULL SEASON. You never know when a new episode is going to be on. I think by doing this they’re losing lots of viewers. Also, I really miss the earlier format. It’s sadly becoming like all the other cop shows. But my, oh, my, the guys on this show are SO GORGEOUS – all of them.

Comment by Herman Latimer – March 28, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0 renewed….woohoo…my favorite show !! Thank you CBS

Comment by Anna Sinclair – March 27, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mentalist is my favorite! I’m very happy right now! :D

Comment by Marianna – March 27, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! :D

Comment by Cynthia – March 27, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yay! So happy for The Mentalist! The cast is great and I’m looking forward to another season of sexy Simon Baker. I don’t care if his Aussie accent comes through sometimes, it’s cute :)

Comment by Daye – March 27, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post