Exclusive

True Blood Exclusive: House Actress Joins Season 6 Cast as Badass Vamp

True Blood Season 6 Spoilers Karolina Wydra Cast VioletSpending a year married to Gregory House can turn a woman into a real bloodsucker.

Case in point: Karolina Wydra — who played Dominika, the convenient bride of Hugh Laurie’s titular doc on Fox’s House — is joining True Blood‘s sixth season as a badass vampire, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | True Blood Casts English Hunk as Sookie’s New Boyfriend!

Wydra’s recurring character, Violet, is described as a strong, sexy, possibly dangerous vamp on par with the Eric Northmans and Bill Comptons of the world.

RELATED | True Blood Slams the Brakes on Sookie-Alcide Romance — Find Out Why

Also joining the HBO smash in Season 6 is acting vet Rutger Hauer (as a mysterious figure with deep ties to Sookie and Jason), Rubicon’s Arliss Howard (as Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell), Friday Night Lights grad Jurnee Smollett-Bell (as do-gooder Nicole) and 90210‘s Amelia Rose Blaire (as Howard’s onscreen daughter).

Wydra will next be seen in the sci-fi thriller Europa Report, to be released later this year.

True Blood‘s sixth season is slated to premiere in June.

Thoughts on Wydra’s casting? Theories as to which characters will round out her triangle? Sound off below!

1. phil says:

At least she isn’t a regular. Never has a show been more over staffed than True Blood!

2. Waitingsux says:

This show has too many f’n characters with too many storylines that no one gives a flying f about.

Not looking forward to this season at all.

3. Roberta says:

seriously i hope at least that this character will be interesting because True Blood suffers from bringing a lot of characters that are not interesting! agree with previously comments! to many characters and they forget the main characters also!

4. Rina says:

OK, everyone needs to stop complaining that the show has too many characters. It’s a huge character-driven serial drama on HBO. They need characters in order to have interactions and relationships. If you want to watch a show in which 8 people work together and sleep only with each other, watch CBS or Fox. If we didn’t have the Authority vampires last season, Bill and Eric would have spent S5 playing poker. If we didn’t have the werewolf pack, Alcide would have spent S5 licking himself. If we didn’t have the fairies, Sookie and Jason would have spent S5 on the couch watching TV. They killed off a bunch of characters last season, mainly vampires. Of course they are going to bring in new characters. Every season introduces new characters and new trouble so that the main characters can have new adventures (just like in the books). Not every new character has to be equally fascinating. They are supporting characters after all. The show is not about them.

• Faster says:

Thank you! Getting tired of hearing this line of complaining already. This show kills so many characters that it’s impossible NOT to introduce a bunch of new characters at the beginning of each season.

• sunny says:

True! 8 out of 10 of new characters cast on True Blood are hardly in the show. They’re background characters added for color, or they get killed off quickly. Sometimes newbs turn out to be not much more than bit players when everyone expected the character would be prominently involved. Remember Sheriff Blackburn from season 4? Exactly.

• lena says:

So so good to see that smb thinks the same as I do. It’s really annoying when ppl complain on everything. Can’t wait for new season!

5. S says:

She reminds me of Nina(Elena,TVD) a little from this picture. I think TB has way TOO many characters though and I just don’t get it? why do they keep adding??? In fact they need to get rid of some now. I mean don’t get me wrong I have nothing against none of the actors and actually like most of them but they just aren’t needed… I want more ERIC but with more characters added that means less Eric, less Sam, less Jason, Pam, Tara and Lafayette. UGH

6. abe says:

One giant reason for me not to watch the show this summer.
    Last season already sucked and there is no way I’ll watch anything with this terrible fake actress after she was so horribly used on House.
    She will now be able to suck on this vampire show.
    At least, this will spare me some free time over the summer. That’s actually cool.
    Bad move True Blood! Goodbye True Blood!

7. Kassie says:

I´m not happy about this at all. A new character? What are they thinking about? Sookie didn´t have much to do last season and had close to no scene with Eric & Bill but now they’re bringing a new female vampire for them? Are they kidding? And btw they should give proper exploration to Jess & Jason.
    And wtf this actress? She was painfully bad on House. Some of her scenes with Hugh Laury were funny but that´s just because Hugh is a comedy genius. She was bad. Really bad. I just hope Violet doesn´t have many scenes.

8. A says:

This season is sounding more awful with each new casting scoop. So many damn new characters when Sookie was barely present last season. Yes, I know Anna Paquin was pregnant but still they barely focus on the original characters anymore and they completely ruined Bill. And my favourite Pam showed up for like a minute and an episode :(
    Also, this actress? really? The only reason I liked her being in House was because of the comedy that came from him being married, etc. and that’s it.

9. Truefan says:

I have high hopes for the new season,but agree with everyone else that there are too many characters. The one guy I hated to see go was Russell Edgington. I hope Hoyt comes back from Alaska. I ‘m glad Rev. Newell is still around. I want to see more of Eric. Let’s face it, he’s the rea star of this show.

10. Sepiya says:

Lol she is not an actress

11. lela d. says:

Ohh my God to stick with a good ingredients and leave it at that. this new character violet is going to suck the show of its life that’s left in it literally, hopefully if more of us keep complaining about her to get rid of her soon, let’s be honest the reason we all watch the show is for Eric, in real life a woman that looks like Anna ( Suki) could never attract that many men, unless she was a fairytale ferry,have magical powers over man.wtw I’ve always wondered how many popsicle stick she could get in between your teeth LOL, I mean come on it’s cool that she’s just an average .looking female but I mean sookie is so f****** boring, that’s probably why they keep having to bring other females in. and I’m sorry Tara is just boring as hell always whining always depressed always a pity party, she’s got a eternal Beauty power never grows old will never get that and she still whining, I would somebody please give her a good weave and get rid of that bad hair braids that went out in the eighties, True Blood you give us to black characters and both of them are dressed poorly. if you’re going to give us a male vampire that’s black give somebody like Wesley Snipes.just saying! Personally I feel it’s time to tuck True Blood to bed and say goodnight, for god sakes don’t turn this into another Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

12. Bob says:

Six episodes and she’s called a “House actress”? Amber Tamblyn was a “House actress”. Anne Dudek was a “House actress”. Even Sela Ward was a “House actress”. But Karolina was basically a background player.

• SzS says:

This! I had to think twice to recognize her. She played a minor role in the series with no repercusions in the big picture and she was there for a few episodes. She can´t be considered a “House actress” by any means. And let´s be honest…her “acting skills” weren´t exactly memorable. Well i guess TVLine just wanted people to click on the link to get some extra traffic.

13. billismine says:

Uh….everybody is NOT watching True Blood to see Eric Northman or AS. I am a Bill fan. And contrary to what some of you may think, there are scores of Bill fans/Stephen Miter fans out here. We are not as vocal. And don’t have as much interest in taking magazine polls! Haha!
    But we’re out here. Bill is the most complex, most talked about character every season. And he is played brilliantly by the charming, sexy and talented Mr. Moyer.
    As far as the casting goes….I agree with the folks who say if you cannot handle the new characters every season, please feel free to watch another show. True Blood is an international success. And going into its sixth season. I don’t think they will miss you.:)

14. Ben says:

they need more character to kill, so they have to bring someone on

15. Kerri says:

Violet sux!!!!!!

16. El says:

Karolina Wydra used to be a heroin addict back in the 90’s when she was a model. She also used to date some old man named Elmer Valentine. I am pretty sure she doesn’t use anymore. Its great to see her in so many great roles now. She cleaned up her act!