Revolution Recap: A Casualty of War — Plus, Grade the Midseason Premiere

Get More: Recaps

What to WatchWarning: The following recap contains major spoilers for Monday’s episode of Revolution. If you have yet to watch, avert your eyes now!

The return of Revolution on Monday found our heroes on the run from Monroe’s helicopters as they searched for some powerful weapons of their own. With the battle in full force, one of the rebels paid the ultimate price.

RELATED | NBC Announces Season Finale Dates for Revolution, Chicago Fire, Community & More!

POWER PLAYS | Monroe is not wasting any time with his domination plan now that he’s got the amplifier. “We have light, power. And it’s time we started letting everyone know it,” he declares. First up, destroying all the rebel camps before moving on to Georgia, the Plains Nation and California. “It’s all going to be the Monroe Republic, from sea to shining sea,” he continues.

FAMILY FEUD | While the Matheson clan is coming together for the first time in years, Neville and his son are coming apart at the seams. Jason’s not keen on their new war tactics. “We’re not fighting. We’re butchering,” he tells his dad. “I didn’t sign on for this.” Neville replies that his job is to follow orders, but Jason’s not going to do that this time. The two erupt into a brutal fistfight before Neville tells his “shameful disappointment” of a child to never come home again. With no place to go, Jason finds Charlie for some comfort to warn her of the impending airstrike. Despite the heads up, Charlie is still weary and doesn’t let Jason come with her. Neville, meanwhile, tells Monroe that his son is dead. The real death of a son is still to come.

RELATED | Revolution @ PaleyFest: Scoop on the Reason for the Blackout (Answers Coming Soon!), Georgia’s ‘Badass’ Boss and More

WEAPONS QUEST | Rachel suggests that they get some power of their own to battle Monroe. She and Miles head off in search of an old coworker named John who’s got missile launchers. On the way there, they have a particularly loaded conversation as Miles reveals that he thought he saw her dead body. He apologizes and promises he never would have left her behind if he knew she was really alive. For the second time since they’ve been reunited, it looks like the two are about to kiss – until Rachel asks him to take a step back. Was the idea that Monroe killed Rachel the thing that broke up the guys’ friendship? Was Miles in love with her?

At John’s, Miles and Rachel are like kids in a candy store, checking out the arsenal of weapons. But the fun is cut short when John reveals that the mysterious Randall got to him. Rachel is horrified to learn that Department of Defense suit got into the tower – presumably the place where he currently has Grace working to get the elevators operating so he can get to level 12 – and tries to reason with her pal about the “unbalanced” DoD figure. Taking a different approach, Miles is able to get out of his restraints and overtake John before Randall arrives.

Revolution - Season 1RELATED | Revolution Exclusive: 24 Alum Annie Wersching Cast as [Spoiler]‘s First Love

REBEL, REBEL | Nora and the rest of the gang arrive at the resistance’s central headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland. Rather than running, the rebels decide to stay put and face Monroe’s helicopters. Everyone, including Danny, volunteers to be part of the first line of defense. Although they have many in number, the fighters are clearly out-powered once the gunplay starts. Thankfully, Miles and Rachel arrive with the missiles just in time to even the playing field a bit. When Miles gets blown back by an explosion, Danny grabs the missile launcher and takes down one of the helicopters. But the victory is short-lived as he’s outlived his story purpose riddled with bullets.

Later, Rachel says her goodbyes to her dead son – and then cuts into him. From under a scar – the one from the experimental procedure Danny had done a year before the blackout? – she retrieves a blinking blue gizmo. Is it the work of Randall, who earlier this season promised to help her sick unborn child? Was it part of the treatment? What the heck was wrong with the youngest Matheson? Or was the gadget something Randall inserted into Danny in exchange for treatment? Speaking of the baddie, he and John drive to see Monroe and offer their services to him.

Revolution fans, what did you think of the show’s return? Were you surprised to see Danny killed off so swiftly? Got any theories about what’s on level 12 or that thing inside Danny? Are you as intrigued as I am about Miles and Rachel’s history? Hit the comments with your thoughts — but first, grade the episode below!

Comments (95)

• They’re killing off their bad actors. Step in the right direction.

Comment by Joe – March 25, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping they’d make the girl who plays Charlie go to acting camp during the hiatus…no such luck, it seems.

Comment by lydiakj – March 25, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! THIS SO MUCH!

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 25, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is hot enough that it doesn’t matter.

Comment by Sg. Grant – March 26, 2013 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No. No. No. She’s not. She’s really not.

Comment by Eli – March 26, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So.. she’s naked in front of you? You’d turn away? I’ll do that only if GOT is in play.

Comment by CGMMJ – March 31, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah…when Danny died I wished it was her instead. She drives me nuts

Comment by Kristen – March 27, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not greatly in love with it, but it’s not horrid. Still hate the campy dialogue and the characters are so selfish sometimes they are hard to root for.

Comment by Derek Johnson – March 25, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s why I shamelessly root for Monroe, the hot evil guy, and Neville, the crafty evil guy. Okay, I root for Miles and his two-timing hotness as well. Seriously, he’s macking on the brunette and Rachel?

Comment by Plum – March 25, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just channeling his inner Don Draper

Comment by Derek Johnson – March 26, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With good writers this show could be fantastic. Its such a shame!

Comment by katrina – March 26, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly was not expecting that ending. Danny was a good kid, and character. Either way, I’m still completely hooked. I can’t wait for more!

Comment by Heather – March 25, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree. I thought that episode was fantastic. Action-packed, full of suspense, and I was genuinely SHOCKED that Danny was killed. (I assumed Kripke would keep him around for the teen girl demo, many of whom flooded Twitter with tearful outrage last night.) His death emphasized how perilous and random their lives really are in this dark future.

Even Charlie has become much better as she has embraced her darker, kick-a** side. And the final twist as Rachel removed the tracker/power device/whatever the hell that was from her dead son’s body was perfect. Can’t wait ’till next week!

Comment by Trent – March 26, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wasn’t pleased that they killed Danny off. The whole first half of the season was about them trying to rescue him, they finally do and he’s shot to death? I’m not sure what the point of that was, but I guess it must have something to do with whatever Rachel pulled out of him at the end. It just seems too cruel to have killed Charlie’s father, then her sort of stepmother and then her little brother all before the season is even over. I hope they’re not going to keep killing off major characters just to be shocking.

Comment by Carrie – March 26, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s called dramatic irony. Look it up. Also, part of the point was that the characters live in a violent world, and it isn’t realistic for them all to survive now that Monroe has such powerful weapons.

IMO, Danny was a dull character and was a good choice to be killed off. Miles is way too valuable to the show to be killed, Rachel is connected to too many big stories, Charlie is supposedly the heroine (even though a lot of viewers dislike her), Aaron is the Everyman. They could have offed Nora, I suppose, and I wouldn’t have cared, but who knows, maybe she’ll be next.

Comment by Alex – March 26, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They killed Danny to give the characters a better reason to destroy the Republic; to avenge his death.

Comment by Lily – March 28, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah ditto. I think danny held the key for the power.

Comment by rion – March 27, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was so heartwrenching when Rachel grieved for her son…for about a minute before she gutted him to fetch herself another Super Battery. Way to go, mommy dearest! Poor Danny, he really was completely useless until the very end, but he did give our heroes a very useful trinket (a gift from his heart) and he got to take out a choppah, so farewell Danny-Boy, I’m sure there is a boy band out there just waiting to hire your floppy haired goodness.

Comment by Plum – March 25, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think “gutted” is a bit of an exaggeration here. She made a small slit in his side. Where are you from, New England?

Comment by Bob – March 26, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heartwrenching? I was having trouble not bursting out laughing. Everything about it was so campy. Bad writing, bad acting, bad everything.

Comment by Eli – March 26, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Guess you can cross this off your ‘to watch’ list

Comment by Vi – March 26, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think that there is a chance that Charlie is miles daughter? There’s something about the history with him and Rachel. I’m probably wrong, but still can’t shake the feeling.

Comment by Jamie – March 25, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • without a doubt it’s his daughter.

Comment by StupidGuiltyPleasure – March 25, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glad I’m not alone in the theory!

Comment by Jamie – March 25, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I think she’s his baby girl – he seemed at times quite content to save Charlie, but often reluctant to head for Danny. Also, they showed the scene early on where little Charlie was obviously close to her uncle and would talk to him on the phone. Charlie might not be an affair baby – maybe a through fertility treatment? Or planned affair just to have kids? That could be why Danny was a shock and so cherished because maybe Rachael’s husband wasn’t supposed to be able to have kids? Dunno, but that’s a back-story I really want to know

Comment by Tamim – March 25, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, that will be the big “surprise” at the end of the season. She got pregnant with Miles’ kid, but married Ben instead.

Comment by Bob – March 26, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hadn’t thought of this but I like the idea.

Comment by Kristen – March 27, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, I keep thinking it too.

Comment by Hailey W – May 7, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye bye, Danny!! So glad it was you and not Aaron.

Comment by Chloe – March 25, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you might want to change the url which clearly states who dies……. which is fine with me as I love spoilers, but for those crazees out there……

Comment by Suzanne – March 25, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The clips online have the cast reacting to the death, and showing the death scene but the entire ep not available ….

Comment by Suz – March 26, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Danny is the character was along going to die. That was so predictable. Seriously, for a show that says it is taking chances -I saw this happening all along. What a waste of an entire half season building that up to that death. The networks are batting a thousand trying to be like cable. The fact is they don’t have the guts to be really be daring.

Comment by Julia – March 25, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show didn’t miss a step in returning

Comment by Patrick Maloney – March 25, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sorry Danny’s gone. Interested to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Comment by Kristina – March 25, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still watching — but the acting is SO bad and the storytelling is laughable at times.

I honestly did NOT see it coming that they would kill that kid — but he was such a bad actor — so no big loss.

I laughed hard that they walked from Philly to West Chester and then Annapolis OH SO FAST. Trust me, I live in this area and you cannot walk that fast. HA

I wouldnt mind if they just wrapped up the storyline this year and be done with it.

Comment by StupidGuiltyPleasure – March 25, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what you get when you’re looking for the cheapest actors. Espo does OK, though.

Comment by Bob – March 26, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bullcrap Bob, there are literally thousands of actors in LA who are both better at acting and cheaper, but they are just not as “pretty” as the producers want.

Comment by Eli – March 26, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So we spent the entire first half of the season looking for and rescuing Danny and first episode back they kill him off, lololololol…I’m sorry, that is hysterical!!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 25, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dang, ninja’d me lol

Comment by courtland – March 25, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …so they waste the whole freaking first half of the season going “omg we gotta get danny!” and then kill him off…ughh this show..

Comment by courtland – March 25, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really shocked that they killed Danny. I mean, now what was the point of the entire first half of the season? But once I thought about it, the death really did add to an intriguing mid-season return.

Comment by Allison P – March 25, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And a few hours ago I said to my brother that I don´t think that they are keeping Danny around. And I´m really glad that they didn´t. The entire episode I thought that this group is just not right.
    Really courious what the story with Miles and Rachel is. And Randall seems very promising. Now I hope that the ratings are fine and Revolution doesn´t have to share FlashForwards destiny.

Comment by Viv – March 25, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They kill off the only cute guy on the show. Brilliant. Now we’re left with only ugly chicks and old guys. Are they going for the lesbian demographic?

Comment by Goodbyenoway – March 25, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, because that’s the only reason people watch tv…ridiculous

Comment by Faster – March 26, 2013 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Something must be wrong with your eyes. Tracy Spiridakos is smoking hot.

Comment by Sg. Grant – March 26, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And JD Pardo is adorable. They killed Danny! Those ba$tards!

Comment by Plum – March 26, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about Monroe? He is really hot

Comment by Lynn – March 28, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I won’t be watching anymore. I was hoping that Kripke would come to his senses and actually develop his characters. But Danny was a plot device from beginning to end. So why continue to watch something that’s going to continue to go right down the same old cliched path? Sure, the Brave Teen Rebel Fighter was switched from a boy to a girl, but she’s annoying at best and really…who cares? Everyone is going to end up paired up and the rebels will win in the en

ZZzzzzzz

Comment by Maggie – March 25, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny was hot! He was the only reason to watch!

Let’s kill off the whole family and start anew for season 2.

Comment by David4 – March 25, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a waste of first half of a season. All this stuff about Danny, and now they kill him off. At least he was easy on the eyes, which you can’t say about most of the rest of the clan. And I love the period of shock and mourning, a good two minutes, now it’s on to bring down Monroe. And all this secrecy on TV these days. “Oh, I can’t tell you now.” or “Can we wait until later to discuss it?” Most people I know would kill a friend or family member if they didn’t tell them the big secret, or else they’d be just as stubborn and plop right down and not move forward. Bring on some more lively young people–is NBC aiming for the CBS demographic. And though Danny wasn’t the greatest actor, you’d think a roomful of intelligent writers would be able to find something for him to do.

Comment by queerbec – March 25, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god they killed off Danny. Now get rid of the Charlie and Myles. On second thought get rid of all the rebels and make the show about Monroe vs the other nations. I just can’t root for the “good guys” in this show. Every scene with them I’m just waiting to see Munroe, Neville, and now Randall. This show has some epic failures in casting and the writing of the heroes.

Comment by Fox – March 25, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO AGREE. The Militia are the only interesting aspect of this show. Danny was sweet imo, too bad they didn’t kill off Charlie or both if they had to. CHARLIE is a huge problem on this show. The casting was epic failure. Miles is also not great. He’s too old for the male lead and looks a good 10 years older than Monroe – when they are supposed to be close in age. He also doesn’t have much emotional rage, not a very good actor.

I HATE how this show keeps hammering home the old trite 100% good guys (yeah, right) against the 100% uber evil ones. Boring, cliche, and just BAD writing. Sorry show – you killed off the wrong Matheson. The worst one is still stinking up the screen. Sad part is, Charlie is never going to be killed off because she is the main character and the casting failed in finding a decent actress for the role and the writing fails too. If it weren’t for Team Monroe – I wouldn’t even be watching this show at all and I know a lot of others that feel the same.

This feels like Tarzan all over again; another epic failure of Kripke’s. At least that one had good actors and premise – it could have been a hit, just ended up at times with bad pacing early on, wrong focus, and bad title, along with no promotion. Sometimes it seems like they are trying to kill their own shows with all the bad decisions they make. Seems Kripke is a one-hit wonder. At least Supernatural is/was decent, but that’s largely down to the cast and other writers.

Comment by ES – March 26, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Charlie’s character has changed a lot, she used to bug me but not anymore. I don’t take the show seriously, it’s never going ot be Walking Dead. I hope they can now stop killing off the characters and keep the story moving forward.

Comment by Plum – March 26, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has gotten so bad. After 15 years some1 was able to pilot a copter like it was just riding a bike. Where did they get the jet fuel and enough stabilizer to keep these copters up & running in the first place? What a joke!

Comment by Diz – March 25, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 1. Monroe was ex military. 2. They are near DC so I’m sure lots of ex military people and supplies. 3. It’s a TV show…

Comment by Suz – March 26, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that had to be one of the most anti-climatic things ever spend all that time and effort going after the kid, and he dies like that. i have to admit i sort of chuckled at that. i was hoping ms can’t act worth a damn would get caught in the cross-fire but alas i was denied, here’s hoping she gets wacked in the season finale, or finds a magic potion in the forests of Maryland that grants its user the ability act. am I the only one creep out by the idea of a Rachael Miles ‘ship, its just so wrong.

Comment by James – March 25, 2013 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg why!!! I was so upset when Danny died! Why couldn’t it all be a dream?? That really sucks… RIP Danny…

Comment by Danny Matheson – March 25, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jerk! googling the show pulls this article up and the headline is “danny dies” who puts a major spoiler as the headline for search results?!

Comment by not impressed – March 25, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you haven’t seen the show yet, perhaps you shouldn’t have googled it.

Comment by Jeff – March 26, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, if it’s already aired, it’s not a spoiler. If you don’t watch shows as they air, don’t go Googling them and then complaining about what you find.

Comment by Alex – March 26, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh about Miles and Rachel, I’m pretty sure this is why. Miles used to work for the Monroe Republic and Rachel was captured. He thought she was killed like he said. Then he tries to kill Monroe. He told her he would’ve stayed if he’d known. Makes sense, right? I doubt there’s anything more to that, I’m just kinda mad that Danny is dead… I had so much hope that he would be awesome… Btw the thing that I’m confused about is what was inside Danny… Any theories? I’m not too sure!

Comment by Danny Matheson – March 25, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too was like damn they are walking fast as hell! but then Jason said it would take Neville 12 hours to get back to Philly so they just cut the journey part. Although it was still daylight when the group arrived at the rebel base i guess we are supposed to assume they cut showing the journey there.

They had choppers on deck. That was actually believable to me. Monroe knew there was a way to get the power back so he was prepared for when it happened. It isnt to far fetched that he secured choppers and fuel to me because he was in the military. And its only been 15 years of course there would still be pilots around. Now if it were 100 years then that would be a problem.

I dont have a problem with them killing Danny if they would not have killed Danny the group wouldn’t have really had a reason to go after Monroe. He was used as giving the entire group a personal purpose for wanting to see Monroe dead. Gives them a little passion.

Charlie is a horrible character though. I thought the group was gonna team with Randall to get Monroe. That would have been far more interesting to me but now we have this horrible group of ppl who i care nothing about at all going against Monroe AND Randall??

Scrap this core group and make the show about Monroe v Randall. I feel far more strongly about both those characters than anyone in the group. They could make it like a modern Game of Thrones! Slowly start showing the rest of the world, that would make for a good show to me.

And stop with the democracy thing give us an antihero who wants to be king/emperor of the world. Show him rise and conquer then show it all start to fall apart from the inside kind of like a Caesar type thing. I think that would make this show much more interesting.

And the way he could take over is by first learning how to turn the power on then killing all those who know how to do it and he will literally hold all the power in his hands alone, which would make people fall in line.

But thats just hopeful wishing on my part. i actually dont know why i continue to watch this show cuz im not even interested in why the power went off i just find myself rooting for Monroe.

Comment by marcus – March 25, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it was charlie that got killed off….
    Also am I the only one who is shocked that they can use Chopper so adeptly after so many years without electricity??

Comment by Para – March 26, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure who was piloting the chopper, but if it’s someone who had experience before the power went out, s/he would not forget it all in just fifteen years. Shock seems quite the overreaction here.

Comment by Alex – March 26, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy Grimm MUCH more than this show.

Comment by Tim – March 26, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “outlived his story purpose” exactly…

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 26, 2013 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i hate it when shows kill people off just for fun. hopefully thats not where revolution is heading.

Comment by Elyse – March 26, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The woman’s name working on the elevator is Grace, not Maria.

Comment by Jessica – March 26, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. And while Charlie probably was WEARY, the reason she didn’t allow Jason to go with her was because she was WARY.

Comment by Renee – March 26, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glad I saw this. I was just about to send the same message. 😧

Comment by BTM – March 26, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grace is played by Maria Howell. Easy mistake.

Comment by Smigglesby – March 26, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fixed, thanks!

Comment by Vlada Gelman – March 26, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY to have Revolution back.

Comment by Elyse – March 26, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After 15 years without electricity I couldn’t help but feel their wasn’t enough of a reaction by the living rebels who knew Monroe now had working choppers. I mean Charlie and co had some warning the rebels knew nothing of the necklaces.

Comment by abby – March 26, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone notice Monroe didn’t say a word about invading Texas?

Comment by the girl – March 26, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did. Of course, I’m Texan. Power or not he knows better than to mess with Texas.

Comment by Matt – March 26, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling that Texas is probably going to be the safest, most stable territory of all the remnants of the United States.

Comment by Jason – March 26, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone so clean cut and pretty on this show? They should look more like the folks on The Walking Dead. Rugged and dirty. I mean… they were traveling by foot across the country, who has time to curl their hair?

Comment by amandareynolds – March 26, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because this is broadcast television. They cater to escapist fantasy as opposed to reality. One issue I have with OUAT and it’s pretty costumes trekking through forests as well. I’m just thankful that cable shows don’t dumb down the reality.

Comment by Samuel – March 26, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else wondering how they got from Pennsylvania to Annapolis, on foot, so quickly? There was no sense of a time lag given. It just looked like they set out for Annapolis and suddenly there it was, the same day.

Comment by Bob – March 26, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last reason I had to watch this pathetic repetitive show was to check out hottie Graham Rogers but now I can finally delete that crap of my TVO programming!

Comment by Potie – March 26, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am enjoying what is left of this cool show because NBC will do to this what ABC did to Invasion can it. I hope i am wrong

Comment by dude – March 26, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought it was best episode of the show so far. it was well-paced, well-acted, the corniness factor was less than normal (always a plus), and it was beautifully shot. i also don’t quite understand all the hate toward the actors. give them a frickin chance to settle into their roles and have their characters develop. im hoping this episode will prove indicative of the higher quality of the 2nd half of the season.

Comment by cjeffery7 – March 26, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, I could handle the death of Danny but after spending the entire first half of the season just to rescue the character -and then kill the character in the very next episode back. I have to say I feel cheated and all that time devoted to this show was a waste. I’m deleting it as a series pass on my DVR. The show is way too predictable and doesn’t take enough chances with it’s concept.

Comment by Samuel – March 26, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Hawaii Five-0, I’m back!

Comment by Maggie – March 26, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so bored by the Matheson clan in general, Charlie is atrocious, Miles is blah, Rachel is the only bright spot. Espo is by far the best actor and character on this show and its only saving grace. They need to kill off Charlie and Miles, and bring in someone like Keifer Sutherland to become the new lead (something like he comes in from another one of the territories to assess the situation in the Monroe Republic and joins up with Rachel and the rebels). Give me gritty realism, not tween girl fantasy land.

Comment by Jason – March 26, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel conflicted. I like the show. I will stick with it because the story is intriguing me and I like Elizabeth Mitchell and Burke. But all last season devoted to rescue Danny. First episode back and he gets killed? Danny has the guts and presence of mind to take down that chopper the way he did and ends up dead?
    What the heck was that she pull out of him at the end? Looked like
    what they pulled out of Bourne in beginning of The Bourne Identity.

Comment by kirads09 – March 26, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monroe’s militia choppers are like the Hunter Killers from the Terminator movies.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – March 26, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watched because Danny is hot. No reason to watch now. It would be like watching Supernatural without Dean and Sam.

Comment by Mattachino – March 26, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is mediocre at best. I really want to love it, but I don’t. The characters are all very wooden, even though I like some of these actors. I agree with a previous post that Miles does not have the charisma for a leading part. I am already tired of looking at the guy with the giant beard (nobody else has a giant beard, only him). I am just not seeing what others are in this show, but it is not for a lack of trying.

I also don’t understand the most recent episode’s attempt at a Stephen King link. “LOST” made literary references by the hundreds with quite a few nods to King that were both subtle and intelligent. Revolution throws them in your face. This episode was called “The Stand” and featured a mention of a “Tower”. And now there is a new bad guy whose name is “Randall”, and while I knew they wouldn’t make “Flagg” his last name, I also expected his last name would start with an “F”, and there it was. But why? All I can think is they want Stephen King to praise Revolution like he did LOST, or volunteer to write. Past episodes were Star Wars-themed, and I think at one point Lando Calrissian came out and hugged Miles after saying something about him having nerve to show up here. These call-outs are blatant and don’t seem to serve the story other than to give viewers a sense of familiarity.

I am waiting for an episode titled “The Walkers” which focuses around a prison, a character named “senator” and a guy named “Daryl D…avis” who is awesome with a crossbow. “See, it’s just like The Walking Dead!!!!”

Comment by R.O.B. – March 28, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This truly isn’t a very good show but the least they could do is avoid obvious mistakes. When Charlie as a little girl is comforting her asthmatic baby bro her eyes are dark brown not her current ice-blue. Jeez.

Comment by Jlb – March 28, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny’s dead!?!!! His chest was the only reason I watched this stupid show…

Comment by TomTom – March 30, 2013 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, after 10 episodes, Danny is finally free. He can now become a vibrant and interesting character… he has brains, courage and ooops… oh well. Of all the rebels’ he was the most interesting in potential. Of course he had to die. Can’t kill off that Aaron (waste of skin and screen time) or Nora (almost as useless. I identified with the Danny character more than any of the others, even with his physical limitations. Graham

Comment by Corey – April 7, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaron’s goofy and love able
      And Nora’s anger stemming from her miscarriage is totally believable.
      If anything the two of then along with Jason are the only good characters on the show!

Comment by Dana – May 22, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ONLY reason that I ever began watching the show was because JD Pardo (Jason/Nate) is in it. Then I discovered Graham and fell in love with his character too, the writers have now killed off one of the ou two reasons I watch the show! If Jason dies – I’m out!!
    I was hoping that Maube Danny would still be on the show in flashback scenes, but the way Graham was tweeting I don’t think we’ll get even that.
    I’m truly bummed.
    Ps I don’t think the acting is bad, but i do agree that the storyline aren’t too great

Comment by Dana – May 22, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post