Exclusive: NCIS Beams Up a New Mossad Boss

NCIS Season 10 Spoilers Marina SirtisMeet the Next Generation of Mossad director.

Some three months after killing off Ziva’s father Eli David (played by Michael Nouri), CBS’ NCIS will introduce viewers to his replacement — Orli Elbaz, to be played by Star Trek: TNG alum Marina Sirtis, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | NCIS Renewed as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal — But What About Cote de Pablo?

“The search to replace Eli David as Mossad Director was tricky for us, but we ended up with a true find in Marina Sirtis,” showrunner Gary Glasberg says of the casting. “I’ve always been a Star Trek fan, but Marina really owns this part. And the cast loves her. She’s everything I wanted for the role and then some. We are lucky to have her.” Sirtis will first air sometime in April.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

Since her seven-season, four-movie run as TNG‘s Deanna Troi, Sirtis has guested on non-Trek series such as Girlfriends, Make It or Break It and a 2011 episode of Grey’s Anatomy, in addition to doing loads of voice work (most recently as Young Justice‘s Queen Bee).

TV’s most watched drama resumes Season 10 this Tuesday at 8/7c, with the introduction of McGee’s admiral father (played by Jamey Sheridan).

Comments (72)

• So excited about this…..loved Marina as Troi on Star Trek:TNG! Now, Malachi and/or Liat have got to come back to help Ziva and Team in the hunt for Bodnar!

Thank you, Matt, for yet another good NCIS spoiler! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – March 25, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Given that Mossad has never allowed a female to hold the top seat in real life, I guess fiction is the only way it could happen. Hope it won’t be as dreadful as when Lauren Holly stepped into the director seat at NCIS — I almost stopped watching! At least she won’t be a weekly character :-(

Comment by Byl Holte – April 17, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the idea of Marina on NCIS. She now can be a serious actress instead of a Star Trek playboy bunny. Also of interest to be is that I knew 2 Bodnar’s. Doctors from the Ukraine. The husband died at age 42 of a brain hemorrhage. So sad. But maybe NCIS could plan something similar for the character with a dart or whatever.

Comment by Kitty – April 23, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Marina Sirtis deserved another chance after TNG. But I don’t think she is what the show needs.

Comment by Ray Zillick – April 23, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Normally a Marina fan but she is out of her depth, rotten accent. Not convincing at all, much rather the brilliant Oded/Bodnar as the Director of Mossad, very authentic.

Comment by marc henry – April 24, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled with this casting! Love Marina!

Comment by jayy008 – March 25, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool casting. Will be interesting to see how they set up her history/relationship with Ziva….

Comment by Zeph – March 25, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s a terrific casting choice, and I’m hoping that she’s NOT enthralled by Ziva. I’d adore friction between the two.

Comment by Andrea – March 25, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A female Mossad director. I love this. Good casting. Cannot wait.

Comment by Svenja – March 25, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi Svenja – me too; this should be interesting :)

Some things I’m pondering: What will happen when/if Orli & Ziva finally meet face to face? Will the new Mossad Dir. contribute in reeling Bodnar in one way or another, so that Justice can be served? Is she more on Bodnar’s side, or the side of Justice?

Also, what will the potential twists be? Will the writers have Orli look on Ziva with a favorable eye (you know..do everything she can to help Ziva get Bodnar), or will they have Orli be someone who uses her newly-assigned authority to “get back at Eli” by giving Ziva a hard time? Will she use her power to throw in a lot of political Red Tape gobbledy-gook & complicate matters even more? Hmmmmm….

Comment by Nubie – March 26, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW!!that’s all I’ll say. Can’t wait. Break a leg-welcome.

Comment by cookie – March 25, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Marina! The idea of a female Mosad director and to be played by Marina double score!

Comment by David – March 25, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good and interesting casting call. I wonder what kind of relationship she’ll have with Vance? Personally I want Vance and Ziva to go off the books and take that murderous traitor out…

Comment by sladewilson – March 25, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too!

Comment by Judy Kirkpatrick – March 28, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this great news for us Marina fans! Marina Sirtis on NCIS!!!

Comment by Ronnie and Lora – March 25, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A very “Engaging” choice.

Comment by Andy Denton (@AndWhy1980) – March 25, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t it be cool if she was Ziva’s mom.

Comment by Andy Denton (@AndWhy1980) – March 25, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooo…That would be so cool. Although, if being Ziva’s mom means she’ll likely die soon, like Ziva’s father, then ‘no thanks’. ;) I’d like to see Marina guest-star more often than that.

Comment by Thanh – March 25, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought Ziva’s mom was already dead?

Comment by Jules – March 25, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jules – Rivka is dead, unfortunately. That topic was covered back in S3, in part 2 of “Kill Ari”. Sometimes I wish she was alive still. :-/

Comment by Dani – March 26, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for last epsiodes of this season and great guest cast we have in our dea show and I love mossad storuline in NCIS

Comment by estefania – March 25, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully the new director will have an affair with Bodnar and we will see more of him (Bodnar), It’s ashame he wasn’t framed then he could have been the new director. Oded Fehr was awesome as Bodnar, hope he is not killed off and we see more of his talent.

Comment by susie carlon – March 27, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh yes bring on the talented Oded (Bodnar) as Marina’s lover & she clears him, kudos to Oded in the role of Bodnar, .He was simple brilliant. Would love to see him more in the show.

Comment by marc henry – April 18, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa. Wasn’t expecting to see the former Counselor Troi as Director of Mossad – talk about moving on up! (And just when I was wondering whatever happened to Marina Sirtis.)

Comment by Steve F. – March 25, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting! I admired Marina Sirtis since the STNG days. Make it so!! :)

Comment by Kevin in CT – March 25, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares. Get Mossad off the damn show already.

Comment by Denny – March 25, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I love her! And NCIS. Genius casting bit. Thanks so much for this scoop, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – March 25, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so great!! I love her! What a great surprise!!!

Comment by Crystal – March 25, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On another note, I always thought Gates McFadden would make a great 3rd ex-wife for Gibbs lol.

Comment by Crystal – March 25, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! What a great idea, she is a redhead after all :)

Comment by Kevin in CT – March 25, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Wil could be his spiteful former stepson! Woot!

Comment by Sheila – March 25, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Next Gen reunion on NCIS!! Who’s up for it??

Comment by voyagersborg47 – March 26, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gates has aged gracefully.. I saw her playing a judge on Franklin and Bash but not much else…

Comment by drhenning – April 24, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now Marina just has to hope that Cote re-ups for Season 11 else she will probably never make a return appearance. :)

Comment by taliesin – March 25, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!

Comment by Lorie – March 25, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting! Love Marina since TNG! I saw her guest-starring as a Middle-Eastern lady on both The Closer and Grey’s Anatomy, and she was awesome, and very convincing. Can’t wait to watch her first appearance on NCIS…and hopefully, more to come! Does anyone know when is her first airdate?

Comment by Thanh – March 25, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Awesome choice! I love love love Marina Sirtis!!

Comment by mandyiam – March 25, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic news! I cannot wait for this episode to air and I’m really hoping she’ll be back for the next season.

Comment by Andrada (@AndryPresh) – March 25, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t scare me like that !! If Zeva leaves so do I !!!!!

Comment by Friendly Frank from Frisco – March 25, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no worries – Ziva won’t leave…I’m sure of it….a female Mossad leader- that is gonna be good !! I’m like Tony -but I really mean t….’oh good the Isrealies are back !!!”

Comment by Joan Diane Elizabeth Asselin – March 25, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cote’s Hebrew accent is bad enough. I hope Marina’s is better

Comment by Mark L – March 25, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marina does a great Israeli accent (also: Tracey Ullman does a perfect Israeli accent, she would be great for a guest spot on the show).

Comment by JM – March 26, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring on the red/head ,ooooooo ,ya .

Comment by michael – March 25, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She will be great, but ummm her face, too much work.

I barely recognized her. It looks like she can hardly smile, kinda sad.

Comment by Sharon Berg – March 25, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Goddess of Empathy!

Comment by emcee – March 25, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The title of this article was pretty cheesy, but I love it. LOL!

I hope she and Ziva have an awesome backstory that results in a great reunion! SOOO exicted for the next few episodes of NCIS, but also don’t want the season to end; it has been so good this year! :)

Comment by lily – March 25, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they are continuing the Mossad story. It’s my favorite. Great casting.

Comment by Kathy – March 26, 2013 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent. Great spoiler. Will be waiting to see some more great acting scenes by Cote.

Comment by Cindy – March 26, 2013 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate the Mossad storylines. I don’t think even the lovely Marina could convince me to watch this. Is there any more of Ziva’s tragic angst even left for them to still mine? Yawn.

Comment by Jeo X – March 26, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Zeva was U.S. NCIS and she resigned from Mossad and she no longer has anything to do with them.

Comment by Rdereniak – March 26, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic new, love mossad story, I cannot wait for this episode to air.

Comment by kenya – March 26, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve done Marina’s make-up many times and I can tell you she hasn’t had ANY work done!

Comment by mindy green – March 28, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew when the headline was riddled with Star Trek puns that it was going to be someone from Trek, and when I saw Marina, I squeed. TROI! I’m so excited!

Comment by Zoe – March 30, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic casting. Cannot wait to see her back on TV again.

Comment by TVDIVA – April 4, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr Lencho Leta left oromo libration front oromiya olf society remain with olf. No need ethiopia wag her tell to oromiya olf society. The great ethiopia missil victemed and will victem. This is great aportunite oromiya to diclar her independency from ethiopia. One of great missil was prim minster Meles Zenawi. Oromiya shall be free. Un rebel up to heaven.

Comment by Edossa – April 7, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #Mr Lencho Leta left oromo libration front oromiya olf society remain with olf. No need ethiopia wag her tell to oromiya olf society. The great ethiopia missil victemed and will victem. This is great aportunite oromiya to diclar her independency from ethiopia. One of great missil was prim minster Meles Zenawi. Oromiya shall be free. Un rebel up to heaven. Oromiya dembi dollo hacker#

Comment by Edossa – April 7, 2013 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • \*#Mr Lencho Leta left oromo libration front oromiya olf society remain with olf. No need ethiopia wag her tell to oromiya olf society. The great ethiopia missil victemed and will victem. This is great aportunite oromiya to diclar her independency from ethiopia. One of great missil was prim minster Meles Zenawi. Oromiya shall be free. Un rebel up to heaven. Oromiya dembi dollo hacker#*/

Comment by Edossa – April 7, 2013 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope to see Tony & Ziva get romantic, I know it is against Gibbs rules but his track record needs more to be desired. Practice what you preach, Gibbs. But I still think you are the backbone of the show, I love watching all the reruns on the other channel, Many more years of NCIS # 1.

Comment by SHERRI – April 16, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to hear that Marina Sirtis is going to come aboard the NCIS crew. I will wonder about the accent though. She is awfully British. On TNG you could have cut her accent with a knife.

If Ziva doesn’t come back it would be like loosing Gibbs. There is a lot of character to use yet. She and Tony haven’t really gotten together yet. The last time she and Tony got close, his voice changed a bit after she found out that he was enjoying the under covers work too much.

Comment by Ray Zillick – April 17, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the 5th time u have sent this, please change something in it.

Comment by Rdereniak – April 17, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t really find new Mossad director very authentic, rotten accent, much prefer Oded/Bodnar in that role….not into bad casting & I like the actress but she is out of her depth. Ziva’s accent isn’t that great either but she can get away with it. Oded is brilliant as usual, should be new Mossad Director….

Comment by susie robbo – April 24, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We agree, new Mossad Director not convincing, rotten accent, out of her depth…Oded/Bodnar is much more authentic should be Director of Mossad..

Comment by Peggy Carlon – April 24, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh yes, Oded/Bodnar for sure as new director, we are big fans of talented actors & Oded is up there with the best….have to say I agree that Marina is out of her depth, not at all convincing, bring on Oded as Director of Mossad.

Comment by marc henry – April 24, 2013 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was under the impression that Marina created her own accent for Counsellor Troi. Marina, when I’ve heard her on interviews has a very spirited Cockney accent!

Comment by Patti – April 29, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Tony and Ziva finally admit they love each other ?

Comment by Greg – April 17, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Today’s show I saw a bad car accident with tony and Siva. Who died.

Comment by john brestovansky – April 23, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nerther one has to die, the show will go down with out them.

Comment by Rdereniak – April 24, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • saw her last night, knew right away it was her. she was awesome.

Comment by Kathy – April 24, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know if I will continue to watch if they kill off Zeva or Tony. NCiS is my favorite show and Zeva and Tony are too much fun.

Comment by Wendy – April 26, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sirtis – great choice – do not lose Ziva – & please keep Jammie Lee Curtis – she is great too

Comment by Dick – September 8, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post