Girl Meets World Scoop: It's Official — William Daniels to Return as Mr. Feeny!

Get More: Casting News

feenyTurns out William Daniels wasn’t just visiting the Girl Meets World set earlier this week — he was working.

TVLine has learned that William Daniels will indeed reprise his beloved role as Mr. Feeny in Disney Channel’s Greatest Pilot of All Time.

PHOTOS | Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Pics From the Set!

It’s not clear what function the character will serve on the Boy Meets World spin-off, but considering he was photographed in a classroom setting — and given his teaching background — it seems logical that he will be back working at the school now attended by Cory’s (Ben Savage) children (including Rowan Blanchard, who’s playing his titular daughter, Riley).

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

A GMW source, meanwhile, points out that Rider Strong and Will Friedle — who were also snapped on the set — were just visiting and do not appear in the pilot.

Thoughts? Best news ever? Do you think/hope Feeny will slip back into teacher mode (alongside Cory)? Perhaps he’ll play the school’s principal? Head of the Board of Education? Post your theories below.

Comments (98)

• Awesome news! Cory and Mr. Feeny belong together!

Comment by Dan – March 23, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what channel is Girl Meets World on for charter customer ?

Comment by Ivan Postma – March 25, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can see Mr. Feeny playing the role of principal.

Comment by Allen MrPromo Mark – September 20, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didnt Feeny retire during Boy Meets World? Cory’s the teacher now…. maybe Feeny became Superintendent

Comment by Scott Sandler – March 23, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He ritired after they graduated highschool but didn’t like it and decided to teach at a college level.

Comment by Tt – March 23, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FEENY FEENY FEENY!!!

Comment by TJ – March 23, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Cory have a baby brother towards the end of the show? That character would be like 15 or 16, no?

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 23, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s probably going to filed away just like when Judy Winslow went upstairs on Family Matters and we never saw her again.

Comment by Lauren – March 23, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except the brother who is named Josh, would be a good character when the show goes to series. A uncle who is only a few years older than Elliott and Riley coming to visit (if reports they are still in New York ring true). Would be a unique situation for Cory and Topanga.. A teenager as a uncle.

Comment by Stacey – March 23, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If they are still in NY, that would mean Feeny followed them all the way there, lol.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 23, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It sounds as if they’re in NY, so that would explain why the brother wont appear. But I’m sure he’ll show up eventually, along with the parents.

Comment by Josh – March 23, 2013 09:20 AM PDT
        • This needs to happen! And Morgan needs to come downstairs and say “I’ve been grounded for too long!”

Comment by Kim – March 23, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that’s SO true! And then they randomly adopted some other kid that was friends with little Richy!

Comment by Pixie Michele – March 23, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Little Joshua. He needs to be on this show! Also, thank god Feeny will be there! Wouldn’t be real without him.

Comment by sdexta – March 23, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes he did have a baby brother the last two seasons of BMW

Comment by Craig Belkin – March 23, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The baby died, remember…

Comment by Amanda Deibler – April 15, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No he didn’t. He was in the last episode.

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 16, 2013 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Joshua didn’t die. He was in an incubator in the NICU, but survived.

Comment by Sarah – July 26, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he was born February 14 1999 so he’d be fourteen :)

Comment by hehe – June 16, 2013 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if Will and Rider aren’t in the pilot I’m just pleased they’re still involved enough on a personal level to visit the set!

Comment by Brooke – March 23, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said.
      Awwwwww, yay, Feeny’s back! That news warms my heart-it wouldn’t be the same without him!

Comment by Angela – March 24, 2013 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on The Observation Chronicles and commented:
    William Daniels was best known as the voice of “Knight Rider” in the 1984-1989 NBC science fiction action hour of the same title.

Comment by snark1250 – March 23, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • William Daniels will ALWAYS be best known as Feeny.

Comment by Emgee – March 23, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to me. I know him best as John Adams. No seriously. 1776. Musical classic :)

Comment by jalahyacinth – March 23, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For some people, William Daniels will also be best known for his work on “St. Elsewhere”… personally, he’ll always be the voice (and brains) behind a certain black Pontiac Trans-Am with a red pulsing light on the grill.

Comment by Steve F. – March 23, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto. That’s my favorite movie musical!

Comment by John – March 23, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And absolutely brilliant in it too!

Comment by jess k – March 24, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that while William Daniels will be very well known for his character as Mr. Feeney, there’s another generation that remembers his incredible acting on St. Elsewhere as Dr, Craig. I personnally first fell in love with him as John Adams in the movie, “1776.”

Comment by SK – April 2, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True. The first time I ever watched a rerun of Knight Rider as a kid, I looked at my father and yelled, “Dad! That car is Mr. Feeny!”

Comment by alia – March 25, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • for (relatively) younger audience, he would also be known as Cristina’s Mentor from Grey’s Anatomy :) but yeah, none beats Pheeeeeeeeeenyyyyyyy!

Comment by Rivera – March 24, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched The Blue Lagoon the other day, and flipped out when I saw William Daniels on the ship!

Comment by retrotv – March 27, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m an 18 year-old guy, but I screamed like a 5 year-old girl upon reading this news.

Comment by Eric – March 23, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHAHA best comment ever

Comment by Jessie – March 23, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that feeling man, I did the same when I heard that this was being made and when Ben and Danielle was signed on ^-^

Comment by Mike – March 23, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you really want to scream, check out Danielle on the cover of the lastest Maxim magazine. :)

Comment by JoJo – March 23, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You (and Mike) win with these posts :D.

Comment by Angela – March 24, 2013 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol I love you for that. I couldn’t imagine watching this if Feeny wasn’t on it.

Comment by Sabrina – March 31, 2014 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get me Mr. Feeny, Shawn, and Eric…and then I’m a’ happy older person who has no business watching this show but will because I have nostalgia’.

Comment by Amber – March 23, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, I have a feeling there will be a lot of us joining you for the same reasons.

Comment by CAM – March 23, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad it wouldn’t feel the same without Mr. Feeny

Comment by Kelsey – March 23, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMGGGGGGG! Wow. Now just get Shawn and Eric, and even Amy and Alan for guest spots if need be, I’ll be super happy…

Comment by Stacey – March 23, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone was going to be back out of the trio, I’m glad it is Feeney. Of course I want Shawn and Eric too but I’ll take what I could get. Cant be too picky when it comes the the faves.

Comment by Lynne – March 23, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are we talking full time or just for the pilot.

Comment by Mike – March 23, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FEENY! FEH-HEH-HEH-HEENY! WH-WHWH-WHA-WHAT-WHAT!

Comment by Emgee – March 23, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t take this the wrong way, but I love you. What’s sad is I could totally hear this as I read it. LOL

Comment by Marie – March 23, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol That’s EXACTLY what I said when I read this…..After I screamed.

Comment by Sabrina – March 31, 2014 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this pilot,but I’m really gonna need for Rider Strong to make a guest appearance at some point.

Comment by Jared – March 23, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a guest spot, he needs to become a series regular. You can’t have Cory without Shawn.

Comment by Nicole – March 24, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever! My favorite TV character ever

Comment by A – March 23, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the greatest news about the show yet! I’m imagining that Feeney will be at the school, still in the capacity of Principal or teacher, and the first episode marks his last day teaching, so he will give one final lesson.

Comment by J (@MusicandHouse) – March 23, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if Rider and Will were just visiting, it’s nice to know that they’re all still friends. :)

Comment by Babybop – March 23, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daniels is 85 years old. Don’t expect him to be full time on the show

Comment by Bob – March 23, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He did appear in a arc of Grey’s Anatomy this season. And cable shows are different shooting schedule than network television. So who knows. He could just appear In the pilot. But I could see him appearing in the series as well…

Comment by Stacey – March 23, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • betty white is 91 and has appeared on 4 seasons of hot in cleveland, maybe daniels can do the same.

Comment by eddie – March 23, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking that maybe Mr. Feeny is in the pilot because the school is honoring him with an award for his service or something like that, I doubt he will stay on the series long term (just my speculation).

Comment by Michelle W. – March 23, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Word is the Cory, Topanga and their kids are still in New York. So Feeny wouldn’t be getting award of service in the New York school system. The old show was based in Philadelphia…

Comment by Stacey – March 23, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How was this not confirmed yet that’s the real question, And how is Eric and Shawn not in the show. Eric was my favorite, they really need to bring them in on this. I’m just saying. :)

Comment by yvette – March 23, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He may be best known as Freeny, but when I hear his voice, I see a red light pulsating on a dashboard. #80skid

Comment by Mista Wu – March 23, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL this show is the biggest mistake. Well the network its airing at anyways.

Why turn this into a disney show when it will most likely do good on a network like abc or something? I can see many generations watching this. But on Disney – bleh!

Comment by anil – March 23, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Welcome to 2013 where wholesome family sitcoms like the old ones or like this one don’t exist on the main networks. Plus, criteria for what makes something a success on network stations differs from Disney.

Comment by eye – March 23, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus, being on Disney allows for repeat viewings which can help a show like this be more profitable and likely to succeed than on the main networks.

Comment by Klow – March 23, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guess who owns ABC – Disney. It really doesn’t matter where it is – simply that it is.

Comment by Walter – March 25, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as if this show didnt get any better mouth wide open Feeeeeeeeeeny!!!!!!

Comment by dude – March 23, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • William Daniels is an institution. I remember him from the original Knight Rider TV series as the voice of K.I.T.T. (The Knight Industries Two Thousand). lols

Comment by kenichi tanaka – March 23, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Feeee-heeeee-naaaay!

Comment by Lizzy – March 23, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a great idea. You bring back TGIF, with Tim Allen’s show, Reba 2.0, The Neighbors and Girl Meets World. That would be a lot of fun!

Comment by David4 – March 23, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could happen since ABC Family and ABC are both Disney properties.

Comment by Theresa – March 23, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know there’s no chance of it ever happening, but I’d love for this show to move to ABC from the Disney Channel. And I mean, let’s be honest: this show has had more hype than any of ABC’s pilots in recent history. TGIF 2.0 would be great, and with something like this to draw me in, I might just be tempted to stick around and watch shows like Last Man Standing and Malibu Country (which I don’t generally bother with).

Comment by Eric – March 23, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It might.

Kyle XY was HUGELY popular in it’s amazing first season on ABC Family. So ABC on Friday nights in the summer showed reruns and they got 4.5 million viewers, which is amazing. So I don’t see why they couldn’t do it for Girl Meets World.

However the show should really be going on ABC Family anyways, but they don’t do 30 minute shows last I knew.

Comment by David4 – March 23, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, ABC Family has quite a few original half hour shows., I think. The only two I can name off the top of my head are Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, or something. Those could be wrong, I don’t pay much attention.

Comment by Eric – March 23, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would also like to see this on ABC. It would be great to have along with the Tim Allen show and the Reba McEntyre shows. It’s nice to have some family friendly shows on the same channel on the same night. I think there is enough BMW following to sustain the show on the regular Network. Just need one more 30 min family friendly show to fill the 2 hour block. I remember Friday Night used to be the night to gather the kids up and watch tv together as a family. I know that was “the old days” so to speak but it would still be nice.

Comment by kimski – March 29, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I have to agree that the show would make a great addition to the ABC’s TGIF lineup. I hope the TPTB think of that.

Comment by Theresa – March 29, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, you’re right, that IS a great idea. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment by Angela – March 24, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for the Neighbors. —good idea.

Comment by forwarddad – March 23, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Feeny is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!! and whatever channel it airs on, every episode will give your insides the same “tingly” feeling BMW did… and the laughs as well.

Comment by Brent – March 23, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still holding out for a TV special crossover movie in which Mr. Feeny drives around in KITT as the two track down criminals to dispense justice (and inspiring life lessons).

Comment by Shane – March 23, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d be happy if Corey and Topanga turn on the GPS in the car, William Daniels voice comes out, and they remark that it reminds them of Feeney.

Comment by JoJo – March 23, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAY. MADE.

Comment by Bridget – March 23, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FE HE HE HEENY

Comment by Brandy – March 23, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such great news!! I still really hope they decide to make the switch from Disney Channel to ABC Family. They could have aired the show before Melissa and Joey because, if I remember correctly, during the TGIF days Boy Meets World was on right before Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

Comment by Lauren – March 23, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point, the show better get picked up. I have never seen so much hype surrounding a TV pilot. I’m not trolling since I was a fan of the original show too, and watched it for the final 5 seasons or so, but if this thing doesn’t get picked up, it’ll be the most buzzed about 21 minutes of TV ever. Though, considering the level of programming on the Disney Channel, this is probably the most promising show they’ve had in eons.

Comment by Kevan – March 24, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to realize that this is, in fact, a Disney Channel show and this is based around their children, not the older main characters.

Comment by Laura – March 24, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a kid who grew up on BMW, I always loved when I was (often) told I looked like Topanga/Danielle.

Comment by Kelly – March 24, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The minute that I saw the picture Ben tweeted from the Audience view of the classroom I tweeted him back and said “Is that Feeny’s classroom?” I am willing to bet that Cory takes over Mr Feeny’s teaching position & classroom which would be so bittersweet and perfect in my opinion!

Comment by Mar – March 25, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOORAY!!! \o/

Comment by alia – March 25, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Boy Meets World and am thrilled about the new show. I would love to see the old characters come back. Eric and Shawn would be great. I can’t wait for the show to begin. I think Feeny should be retired and is more of a mentor for Cory. Since everyone moved to New York at the end of BMW, will they be there or back home? If they are in NY, how would Feeyy be involved? Will Cory and Topanga end up pregnant again? I have a lot of questions and hope that this isn’t going to be cheesy. While BMW had its silly moments, I just hope that they stay in a good comedic, family friendly show and can avoid ruining it by making it too silly. I remember watching the show as a kid and was a huge fan. Its why I care so much. I really can’t wait. I just wish we knew when the pilot will premiere. I know the pilot is complete and are awaiting a decision on if the show will be picked up, but it was so popular and I think that a lot of people who grew up watching BMW would be disappointed if the show wasn’t picked up. I just would live if Eric and the Feeny call would also appear.

Comment by Tonya – April 1, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Boy meet word. I just wish that Rider Strong will be a on it, I like this character he gave that show a good something. I enjoyed that he and Corey were best friend even if they were from two different worlds!

Comment by Ivana Felcissimo – April 5, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d actually like to see rider strong and will in the show, they don’t need to ALWAYS be there but still. and surprise guest stars like rachel and jack wouldnt be bad either

Comment by Bryan Tobin – April 18, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go to for more information about ecigarette free
    trial kits campaign and ecigarette reviews. It provides same feeling just like
    you are truly smoking your personalised cigarette with no side effects.

This brand new system is not like the typical 510 atomizer system.

Comment by e-cigaret forhandlere – May 6, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenyyyyyy!! :) awwww the best teacher ever. Topanga: don’t you mean do well. Feeny: no I mean do good!!! The life values you taught I will take in my heart forever. Please the whole cast return! Everyone is an amazing actor/actress.

Comment by Nadia – September 16, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Then again, wasn’t Feeny the principal already? Maybe this time he will be the head of the board of education or perhaps the school’s Superintendent.

Comment by Allen MrPromo Mark – September 20, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such are in fact cool YouTube movies, its my fortune to pay a visit this web site and finding such cool YouTube movies.

Comment by nike free 3.0 44 – September 26, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up, yeah this paragraph is really nice and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

Comment by Anonymous – September 26, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right who would be Cory’s bestfriend if there’s no Shawn? And it would be nice to have Jack,Rachel and Angela back as well or atleast guess spots. I would want to see how Angela and Shawn been holding up. Also did Eric ever find someone special in his life.This show should be great :)

Comment by Brandon – October 5, 2013 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They never said what happen to the parents, like how do we know they even stayed in Philadelphia? And I always thought it was funny how Mr.Feeny went from being a teacher, then a principal, then back to a teacher, just always found that funny. :D

Comment by Anonymous – October 5, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr.feeny died in boy meets world anybody remember eric thought he saw feeny while in college and he thought feeny was helping him

Comment by nicole – March 10, 2014 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What day will girl meets world air and what time ?

Comment by jackie gutierrez – March 10, 2014 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post