Girl Meets World Scoop: It's Official -- William Daniels to Return as Mr. Feeny!

feenyTurns out William Daniels wasn’t just visiting the Girl Meets World set earlier this week — he was working.

TVLine has learned that William Daniels will indeed reprise his beloved role as Mr. Feeny in Disney Channel’s Greatest Pilot of All Time.

PHOTOS | Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Pics From the Set!

It’s not clear what function the character will serve on the Boy Meets World spin-off, but considering he was photographed in a classroom setting — and given his teaching background — it seems logical that he will be back working at the school now attended by Cory’s (Ben Savage) children (including Rowan Blanchard, who’s playing his titular daughter, Riley).

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

A GMW source, meanwhile, points out that Rider Strong and Will Friedle — who were also snapped on the set — were just visiting and do not appear in the pilot.

Thoughts? Best news ever? Do you think/hope Feeny will slip back into teacher mode (alongside Cory)? Perhaps he’ll play the school’s principal? Head of the Board of Education? Post your theories below.

1. Dan says:

Awesome news! Cory and Mr. Feeny belong together!

2. Didnt Feeny retire during Boy Meets World? Cory’s the teacher now…. maybe Feeny became Superintendent

3. TJ says:

FEENY FEENY FEENY!!!

4. Didn’t Cory have a baby brother towards the end of the show? That character would be like 15 or 16, no?

5. Brooke says:

Even if Will and Rider aren’t in the pilot I’m just pleased they’re still involved enough on a personal level to visit the set!

6. snark1250 says:

Reblogged this on The Observation Chronicles and commented:
    William Daniels was best known as the voice of “Knight Rider” in the 1984-1989 NBC science fiction action hour of the same title.

• Emgee says:

William Daniels will ALWAYS be best known as Feeny.

• jalahyacinth says:

Not to me. I know him best as John Adams. No seriously. 1776. Musical classic :)

• Steve F. says:

For some people, William Daniels will also be best known for his work on “St. Elsewhere”… personally, he’ll always be the voice (and brains) behind a certain black Pontiac Trans-Am with a red pulsing light on the grill.

• John says:

Ditto. That’s my favorite movie musical!

• jess k says:

And absolutely brilliant in it too!

• Jersey says:

Mr feeny died and in girl meets world he comes back at the end when Cory imadgines him but that’s because he already died! But I would love if he came back

• SK says:

I agree that while William Daniels will be very well known for his character as Mr. Feeney, there’s another generation that remembers his incredible acting on St. Elsewhere as Dr, Craig. I personnally first fell in love with him as John Adams in the movie, “1776.”

• alia says:

True. The first time I ever watched a rerun of Knight Rider as a kid, I looked at my father and yelled, “Dad! That car is Mr. Feeny!”

• Rivera says:

for (relatively) younger audience, he would also be known as Cristina’s Mentor from Grey’s Anatomy :) but yeah, none beats Pheeeeeeeeeenyyyyyyy!

• retrotv says:

I watched The Blue Lagoon the other day, and flipped out when I saw William Daniels on the ship!

7. Eric says:

I’m an 18 year-old guy, but I screamed like a 5 year-old girl upon reading this news.

8. Amber says:

Get me Mr. Feeny, Shawn, and Eric…and then I’m a’ happy older person who has no business watching this show but will because I have nostalgia’.

9. Kelsey says:

I’m glad it wouldn’t feel the same without Mr. Feeny

10. Stacey says:

OMGGGGGGG! Wow. Now just get Shawn and Eric, and even Amy and Alan for guest spots if need be, I’ll be super happy…

11. Lynne says:

If anyone was going to be back out of the trio, I’m glad it is Feeney. Of course I want Shawn and Eric too but I’ll take what I could get. Cant be too picky when it comes the the faves.

12. Mike says:

Are we talking full time or just for the pilot.

13. Emgee says:

FEENY! FEH-HEH-HEH-HEENY! WH-WHWH-WHA-WHAT-WHAT!

14. Jared says:

Can’t wait for this pilot,but I’m really gonna need for Rider Strong to make a guest appearance at some point.

15. A says:

Best news ever! My favorite TV character ever

16. This is the greatest news about the show yet! I’m imagining that Feeney will be at the school, still in the capacity of Principal or teacher, and the first episode marks his last day teaching, so he will give one final lesson.

17. Babybop says:

Even if Rider and Will were just visiting, it’s nice to know that they’re all still friends. :)

18. Bob says:

Daniels is 85 years old. Don’t expect him to be full time on the show

• Stacey says:

He did appear in a arc of Grey’s Anatomy this season. And cable shows are different shooting schedule than network television. So who knows. He could just appear In the pilot. But I could see him appearing in the series as well…

19. Michelle W. says:

I’m thinking that maybe Mr. Feeny is in the pilot because the school is honoring him with an award for his service or something like that, I doubt he will stay on the series long term (just my speculation).

• Stacey says:

Word is the Cory, Topanga and their kids are still in New York. So Feeny wouldn’t be getting award of service in the New York school system. The old show was based in Philadelphia…

20. yvette says:

How was this not confirmed yet that’s the real question, And how is Eric and Shawn not in the show. Eric was my favorite, they really need to bring them in on this. I’m just saying. :)

21. Mista Wu says:

He may be best known as Freeny, but when I hear his voice, I see a red light pulsating on a dashboard. #80skid

22. anil says:

LOL this show is the biggest mistake. Well the network its airing at anyways.

Why turn this into a disney show when it will most likely do good on a network like abc or something? I can see many generations watching this. But on Disney – bleh!

• eye says:

Welcome to 2013 where wholesome family sitcoms like the old ones or like this one don’t exist on the main networks. Plus, criteria for what makes something a success on network stations differs from Disney.

• Klow says:

Plus, being on Disney allows for repeat viewings which can help a show like this be more profitable and likely to succeed than on the main networks.

• Walter says:

Guess who owns ABC – Disney. It really doesn’t matter where it is – simply that it is.

23. dude says:

as if this show didnt get any better mouth wide open Feeeeeeeeeeny!!!!!!

24. kenichi tanaka says:

William Daniels is an institution. I remember him from the original Knight Rider TV series as the voice of K.I.T.T. (The Knight Industries Two Thousand). lols

25. Lizzy says:

Feeee-heeeee-naaaay!

26. David4 says:

I have a great idea. You bring back TGIF, with Tim Allen’s show, Reba 2.0, The Neighbors and Girl Meets World. That would be a lot of fun!

• Theresa says:

It could happen since ABC Family and ABC are both Disney properties.

• Eric says:

I know there’s no chance of it ever happening, but I’d love for this show to move to ABC from the Disney Channel. And I mean, let’s be honest: this show has had more hype than any of ABC’s pilots in recent history. TGIF 2.0 would be great, and with something like this to draw me in, I might just be tempted to stick around and watch shows like Last Man Standing and Malibu Country (which I don’t generally bother with).

• David4 says:

It might.

Kyle XY was HUGELY popular in it’s amazing first season on ABC Family. So ABC on Friday nights in the summer showed reruns and they got 4.5 million viewers, which is amazing. So I don’t see why they couldn’t do it for Girl Meets World.

However the show should really be going on ABC Family anyways, but they don’t do 30 minute shows last I knew.

• Eric says:

Yes, ABC Family has quite a few original half hour shows., I think. The only two I can name off the top of my head are Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, or something. Those could be wrong, I don’t pay much attention.

• kimski says:

I would also like to see this on ABC. It would be great to have along with the Tim Allen show and the Reba McEntyre shows. It’s nice to have some family friendly shows on the same channel on the same night. I think there is enough BMW following to sustain the show on the regular Network. Just need one more 30 min family friendly show to fill the 2 hour block. I remember Friday Night used to be the night to gather the kids up and watch tv together as a family. I know that was “the old days” so to speak but it would still be nice.

• Theresa says:

I have to agree that the show would make a great addition to the ABC’s TGIF lineup. I hope the TPTB think of that.

• Angela says:

Wow, you’re right, that IS a great idea. Makes perfect sense to me.

27. forwarddad says:

Except for the Neighbors. —good idea.

28. Brent says:

Mr. Feeny is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!! and whatever channel it airs on, every episode will give your insides the same “tingly” feeling BMW did… and the laughs as well.

29. Shane says:

I’m still holding out for a TV special crossover movie in which Mr. Feeny drives around in KITT as the two track down criminals to dispense justice (and inspiring life lessons).

• JoJo says:

I’d be happy if Corey and Topanga turn on the GPS in the car, William Daniels voice comes out, and they remark that it reminds them of Feeney.

30. Bridget says:

DAY. MADE.

31. Brandy says:

FE HE HE HEENY

32. Lauren says:

This is such great news!! I still really hope they decide to make the switch from Disney Channel to ABC Family. They could have aired the show before Melissa and Joey because, if I remember correctly, during the TGIF days Boy Meets World was on right before Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

33. Kevan says:

At this point, the show better get picked up. I have never seen so much hype surrounding a TV pilot. I’m not trolling since I was a fan of the original show too, and watched it for the final 5 seasons or so, but if this thing doesn’t get picked up, it’ll be the most buzzed about 21 minutes of TV ever. Though, considering the level of programming on the Disney Channel, this is probably the most promising show they’ve had in eons.

34. Laura says:

You have to realize that this is, in fact, a Disney Channel show and this is based around their children, not the older main characters.

35. Kelly says:

As a kid who grew up on BMW, I always loved when I was (often) told I looked like Topanga/Danielle.

36. Mar says:

The minute that I saw the picture Ben tweeted from the Audience view of the classroom I tweeted him back and said “Is that Feeny’s classroom?” I am willing to bet that Cory takes over Mr Feeny’s teaching position & classroom which would be so bittersweet and perfect in my opinion!

37. alia says:

HOORAY!!! \o/

38. Tonya says:

I loved Boy Meets World and am thrilled about the new show. I would love to see the old characters come back. Eric and Shawn would be great. I can’t wait for the show to begin. I think Feeny should be retired and is more of a mentor for Cory. Since everyone moved to New York at the end of BMW, will they be there or back home? If they are in NY, how would Feeyy be involved? Will Cory and Topanga end up pregnant again? I have a lot of questions and hope that this isn’t going to be cheesy. While BMW had its silly moments, I just hope that they stay in a good comedic, family friendly show and can avoid ruining it by making it too silly. I remember watching the show as a kid and was a huge fan. Its why I care so much. I really can’t wait. I just wish we knew when the pilot will premiere. I know the pilot is complete and are awaiting a decision on if the show will be picked up, but it was so popular and I think that a lot of people who grew up watching BMW would be disappointed if the show wasn’t picked up. I just would live if Eric and the Feeny call would also appear.

39. Ivana Felcissimo says:

I love Boy meet word. I just wish that Rider Strong will be a on it, I like this character he gave that show a good something. I enjoyed that he and Corey were best friend even if they were from two different worlds!

40. Bryan Tobin says:

I’d actually like to see rider strong and will in the show, they don’t need to ALWAYS be there but still. and surprise guest stars like rachel and jack wouldnt be bad either

41. Go to for more information about ecigarette free
    trial kits campaign and ecigarette reviews. It provides same feeling just like
    you are truly smoking your personalised cigarette with no side effects.

This brand new system is not like the typical 510 atomizer system.

42. Nadia says:

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenyyyyyy!! :) awwww the best teacher ever. Topanga: don’t you mean do well. Feeny: no I mean do good!!! The life values you taught I will take in my heart forever. Please the whole cast return! Everyone is an amazing actor/actress.

43. Then again, wasn’t Feeny the principal already? Maybe this time he will be the head of the board of education or perhaps the school’s Superintendent.

44. Such are in fact cool YouTube movies, its my fortune to pay a visit this web site and finding such cool YouTube movies.

45. Anonymous says:

What’s up, yeah this paragraph is really nice and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

46. Brandon says:

Right who would be Cory’s bestfriend if there’s no Shawn? And it would be nice to have Jack,Rachel and Angela back as well or atleast guess spots. I would want to see how Angela and Shawn been holding up. Also did Eric ever find someone special in his life.This show should be great :)

47. Anonymous says:

They never said what happen to the parents, like how do we know they even stayed in Philadelphia? And I always thought it was funny how Mr.Feeny went from being a teacher, then a principal, then back to a teacher, just always found that funny. :D

48. nicole says:

Mr.feeny died in boy meets world anybody remember eric thought he saw feeny while in college and he thought feeny was helping him

49. jackie gutierrez says:

What day will girl meets world air and what time ?

50. Zoey says:

I just starting crying. I’m so excited about this is show, and I’m really excited about seeing all of my favorite childhood characters! Especially F-F-F-FEENY!!