Exclusive

Exclusive: Dexter Season 8 Promo Pays Tribute to [Spoiler] and [Spoiler] and [Spoiler] and...

Dexter‘s first-ever summer season (bowing June 30) is rapidly approaching — but before we can move forward and enjoy the twists and turns of the Showtime saga’s rumored swan song, let us look back at those we’ve lost along the way.

RELATED | One Tree Hill Fave Joins Dexter

Press PLAY below for an exclusive look at Season 8′s debut promo, which pays tribute to each of the Dark Passenger’s victims — and Deb’s, too! Then head to the comments to say your so-longs to Dexter’s dearly departed.

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Trailers and Promos

1. OMG THIS PROMO GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS HONESTLY.

2. A says:

I think was one of the creepiest promos ever. Can’t help the feeling that I need to watch my back after seeing it :P

3. Deb says:

Excellent. According to Jennifer Carpenter’s tweets they have some great stuff lined up for the (final?) season

4. Brigette says:

That promo told us NOTHING! I want a REAL clue as to what the season holds in store NOOOWWWW! *passes out*

5. Showtime better end Dexter after eight seasons.

6. LaRay says:

Goosebumps and tears. Can only happen with “Dexter”.

7. Summer says:

Rita was not Dexter’s nor Deb’s victim!

• LaRay says:

Well, Dex was responsible for what happened to Rita. They’ve made note of his direct kills as well the collateral damage he’s caused.

• Ben says:

The promo only says “they’re done”. And that’s true for Rita (and Maria), even if Dexter didn’t kill her.

• Maga says:

Why does everyone forget about Doakes??? He was also killed by Lila! And Sirko was killed by George. But has I explained beneath, I accept Rita, Doakes and Maria as “colateral damage”, but not Sirko. Sirko was killed because he was a risk to George, his obcession on Dexter was just an excuse for the Koshka’s approval. A very bad one, I think…

• Maga says:

Nor Doakes either, but they died because of Dexter. Doakes was killed by Lila to protect Dexter’s true identity, Rita was killed by the Trinity to revenge Dexter’s hunting on him. Isacc Sirko is the only one who doesn’t fit on that list to me.

8. Lindsay says:

GOOSEBUMPS

9. danny says:

I haven’t liked the last two seasons so they better up the ante on this final season. Last season’s love story was just boring.

10. john says:

talk smart about tv?

11. Mari says:

I don’t want Dexter to end.

12. Mel says:

Wow, great, psychological promo! Looking forward to Dexter, as well as some other great summer shows as well – Falling Skies, Defiance, Mistresses, Awkward, Franklin & Bash, Rookie Blue.

13. Jack says:

Can’t wait. And I wouldn’t fight ‘em if they carried it on after this season either.
    QUESTION: By the way, the person singing thru this promo, anyone know if this is the same person/band who sings “Greenback Boogie” or whatever the theme song for “Suits” is called? Sounds like it to me. Thanks.

14. Rob says:

Season 7 was not good! This is the last season!

15. Becca says:

Michael C Hall already said season 8 is the last.

16. joterri says:

awesome!!!!

17. Fernanda says:

I hope Dexter ends on TV but could continue on cinemas. Do you imagine DEXTER the movie? Fingers cross

Of course, if the character survives the series finale

• Kergoar says:

Oh, didn’t you hear that Deb ends up killing him? Thought this was common knowledge by now.

• Maga says:

Rumuors are not exactly reliable… I doubt even the actors know at this point how will Dexter end. And after shooting an inoccent to protect his brother, I doubt that Deb will be the end of him. But I also doubt that he has a happy ending. Nor even Deb.

18. Maga says:

I understand the connection, but Isacc Sirko’s name shouldn’t be on this list. He’s death wasn’t caused by Dexter, it is even not clear (at least to me) that it was caused by his obcession on Dexter. It was just an excuse for George to get rid of him. But ok, it has a connection… But not like Doakes, Rita or LaGuerta, who were killed by others to protect (Doakes and LaGuerta) or revenge on (Rita) Dexter… But it’s a minor mistake consedering that season 7 really blown my expectations!

19. Diane says:

I don’t want Dexter to end! I love this show. Please at least one more season. I just can’t handle my fav show ending. Please reconsider :(

20. Thu Loan says:

i cannot wait, too :(

21. Italyk says:

This was def hot but when Rita died she wasn’t Rita Bennet she was Rita Morgan

22. Bonnie says:

Can not wait til June. Season 7 sort of humanized Dexter. Will season 8 suddenly dehumanize him, when all that is left is to kill “good guys” who discover who he is or will they let Dexter go out as a hero ? Every city may even wish they had a vigilante like Dexter. Dexter would be a great ” Brand” vigilante for the “Big” screen, much like Bronson, and Eastwood before him.

23. john farmer says:

I’m so happy to see Hannah returning for season 8. I’m sure there’s a lot of rabbits who are
    not so happy, that their number one predator is back in town!

24. aitor says: