Exclusive: Dexter Season 8 Promo Pays Tribute to [Spoiler] and [Spoiler] and [Spoiler] and…

Dexter‘s first-ever summer season (bowing June 30) is rapidly approaching — but before we can move forward and enjoy the twists and turns of the Showtime saga’s rumored swan song, let us look back at those we’ve lost along the way.

RELATED | One Tree Hill Fave Joins Dexter

Press PLAY below for an exclusive look at Season 8′s debut promo, which pays tribute to each of the Dark Passenger’s victims — and Deb’s, too! Then head to the comments to say your so-longs to Dexter’s dearly departed.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (41)

• OMG THIS PROMO GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS HONESTLY.

Comment by Josh Batchelder – March 22, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • exactly… I cannot wait! … and we don’t have to wait until September for the season… the final season looks like it will be killer.

Comment by Dark Defender – March 22, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more. Vintage early season promo.

Comment by LaRay – March 22, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi LaRay, where are you from?

Comment by Thu Loan – March 30, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree…very very creepy

Comment by Tpain – March 25, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think was one of the creepiest promos ever. Can’t help the feeling that I need to watch my back after seeing it :P

Comment by A – March 22, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So excited for it to return!!

Comment by A – March 22, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent. According to Jennifer Carpenter’s tweets they have some great stuff lined up for the (final?) season

Comment by Deb – March 22, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That promo told us NOTHING! I want a REAL clue as to what the season holds in store NOOOWWWW! *passes out*

Comment by Brigette – March 22, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Showtime better end Dexter after eight seasons.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – March 22, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure thing, 8 seasons and (8) Movies! :D

Comment by Dark Defender – March 22, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goosebumps and tears. Can only happen with “Dexter”.

Comment by LaRay – March 22, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rita was not Dexter’s nor Deb’s victim!

Comment by Summer – March 22, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Dex was responsible for what happened to Rita. They’ve made note of his direct kills as well the collateral damage he’s caused.

Comment by LaRay – March 22, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • tvline misleading us!!Call the Popo!

Comment by Shaun – March 22, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The promo only says “they’re done”. And that’s true for Rita (and Maria), even if Dexter didn’t kill her.

Comment by Ben – March 23, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why does everyone forget about Doakes??? He was also killed by Lila! And Sirko was killed by George. But has I explained beneath, I accept Rita, Doakes and Maria as “colateral damage”, but not Sirko. Sirko was killed because he was a risk to George, his obcession on Dexter was just an excuse for the Koshka’s approval. A very bad one, I think…

Comment by Maga – March 25, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nor Doakes either, but they died because of Dexter. Doakes was killed by Lila to protect Dexter’s true identity, Rita was killed by the Trinity to revenge Dexter’s hunting on him. Isacc Sirko is the only one who doesn’t fit on that list to me.

Comment by Maga – March 25, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOSEBUMPS

Comment by Lindsay – March 22, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t liked the last two seasons so they better up the ante on this final season. Last season’s love story was just boring.

Comment by danny – March 22, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • talk smart about tv?

Comment by john – March 23, 2013 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Dexter to end.

Comment by Mari – March 23, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, great, psychological promo! Looking forward to Dexter, as well as some other great summer shows as well – Falling Skies, Defiance, Mistresses, Awkward, Franklin & Bash, Rookie Blue.

Comment by Mel – March 23, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. And I wouldn’t fight ‘em if they carried it on after this season either.
    QUESTION: By the way, the person singing thru this promo, anyone know if this is the same person/band who sings “Greenback Boogie” or whatever the theme song for “Suits” is called? Sounds like it to me. Thanks.

Comment by Jack – March 23, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nop, not the same group. This prom song is “Here and Gone” by Mississippi Twilight. Great song.

Comment by Steve – March 23, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 7 was not good! This is the last season!

Comment by Rob – March 23, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael C Hall already said season 8 is the last.

Comment by Becca – March 23, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome!!!!

Comment by joterri – March 23, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Dexter ends on TV but could continue on cinemas. Do you imagine DEXTER the movie? Fingers cross

Of course, if the character survives the series finale

Comment by Fernanda – March 24, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, didn’t you hear that Deb ends up killing him? Thought this was common knowledge by now.

Comment by Kergoar – March 25, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rumuors are not exactly reliable… I doubt even the actors know at this point how will Dexter end. And after shooting an inoccent to protect his brother, I doubt that Deb will be the end of him. But I also doubt that he has a happy ending. Nor even Deb.

Comment by Maga – March 25, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand the connection, but Isacc Sirko’s name shouldn’t be on this list. He’s death wasn’t caused by Dexter, it is even not clear (at least to me) that it was caused by his obcession on Dexter. It was just an excuse for George to get rid of him. But ok, it has a connection… But not like Doakes, Rita or LaGuerta, who were killed by others to protect (Doakes and LaGuerta) or revenge on (Rita) Dexter… But it’s a minor mistake consedering that season 7 really blown my expectations!

Comment by Maga – March 25, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Dexter to end! I love this show. Please at least one more season. I just can’t handle my fav show ending. Please reconsider :(

Comment by Diane – March 29, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cannot wait, too :(

Comment by Thu Loan – March 30, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was def hot but when Rita died she wasn’t Rita Bennet she was Rita Morgan

Comment by Italyk – April 6, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not wait til June. Season 7 sort of humanized Dexter. Will season 8 suddenly dehumanize him, when all that is left is to kill “good guys” who discover who he is or will they let Dexter go out as a hero ? Every city may even wish they had a vigilante like Dexter. Dexter would be a great ” Brand” vigilante for the “Big” screen, much like Bronson, and Eastwood before him.

Comment by Bonnie – April 14, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to see Hannah returning for season 8. I’m sure there’s a lot of rabbits who are
    not so happy, that their number one predator is back in town!

Comment by john farmer – April 16, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post