TVLine Items: Tree Hill Fave Joins Dexter, Mary Tyler Moore Reunion in Cleveland and More

Dexter Season 8 SpoilersOne Tree Hill‘s Tutor Girl is taking her talents to Dexter.

Bethany Joy Lenz has booked a recurring role in the Showtime saga’s upcoming eighth (and final?) season, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Dexter Update: Walking Dead Bad Guy to Play Assassin Gunning for [Spoiler]

Making her debut in Episode 4, Lenz will play Dex’s new next-door neighbor, a former finance exec “looking for a quieter life.” As previously reported, Darri Ingolfsson (Last Resort) will play the unique man she’s dating.

Dexter‘s latest run begins Sunday, June 30 at 9/8c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• The Mary Tyler Moore Show‘s leading ladies are slated to reunite in an upcoming installment of Hot in Cleveland. Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman will join the TV Land comedy’s Betty White and Georgia Engel as members of their respective character’s bowling team, named GLOB: The Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling,

• In a unique twist, ABC is asking fans to help save its beloved bubble show Happy Endings in the following all-new promo.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

• David Anders (Once Upon a Time, Vampire Diaries) will recur in Necessary Roughness’ third season as second-in-command to John Stamos’ high-powered agent.

• ABC Family on Friday renewed Baby Daddy for a third season. Season 2 of the comedy, meanwhile, launches May 29.

• Kevin Dunn has been promoted to series regular in Veep‘s second season, Deadline reports. The actor joined the HBO comedy at the start of its sophomore run (bowing April 14) as the president’s chief of staff.

VIDEO | The Office Boss, Cast Tease Series Finale Full of ‘Deep Emotion and Absurd Wackiness’

• Remember when TVLine told you earlier this week that showrunner Greg Daniels was hoping NBC would super-size The Office series finale? Well, Dunder Mifflin devotees immediately jumped into action (via the fab fan site Office Tally) with a petition to do just that. Take a peek at the petition — which has already garnered over 6,000 signatures in just two days — here, then sound off in the comments with your thoughts on the movement.

• Tom Selleck has been tapped to narrate Discovery’s North America, the cabler’s latest docu-series premiering May 19.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. SAVE HAPPY ENDINGS AND ABC.

2. Eric says:

HAPPY ENDINGS MUST BE SAVED, SAVE HAPPY ENDINGS

3. Matt says:

Happy Endings absolutely needs to stay, it has always been one of my favorites!!

4. Cici says:

Please cancel happy endings.

It’s the worst thing on ABC next to Grey’s anatomy and body of proof.

• A says:

I’d call a TV show that is nearing almost 10 years on the air and doing decently in the ratings for an aging show a pretty good thing, but that’s just me!

• Ash says:

Just because its still on the air almost ten years later doesn’t mean its good. Grey’s is nothing compared to what it used to be.

• Elly says:

Well Ash, it’s a good thing were not asking you to watch it. Worry about the shows you like, not the ones we like.

• A says:

Actually while I do admit that its not like when it first started, shows change. Regardless of that, I still think Its entertaining and enjoyable and its longevity is due to how much millions of fans still enjoy it and keep tuning in every week.

5. A says:

I’ve never seen Bethany Joy Lenz in anything other than OTH so I’m a bit intrigued seeing her in a different show, especially one as dark and way different from OTH as Dexter.
    It’s really odd that they renewed Baby Daddy for a third season when the second one hasn’t even started, but I did enjoy the first season so I’m not against it yet. Let’s see how this season goes.

6. dude says:

Haley on Dexter Awesome and Happy Endings is one of the few things ABC has of quality

7. Ashley says:

So so so so SO happy to see Joy land on something that will actually utilize her talents.

8. sarah says:

YEAH! So happy to see Bethany will be on one of my favorite shows!

9. Allyson says:

please save Happy Endings!!!! It is a great show! ABC I might forgive you for creating Splash, another stupid reality show if you save Happy Endings!

10. Sara says:

YES! Joy’s acting in the final season of OTH is a big proof on how brilliant she is, and how well she tackles darker storylines. Cannot wait to see her!

11. Taryn says:

Yes save Happy Endings I don’t want to lose it like I did the B in Apt 23 :( And I’m excited to see Bethany on Dexter last season Yvonne came now Bethany I’ve been happy with these guest stars :)

12. Allyson says:

I agree it is great to see Joy in a new show. I loved One Tree Hill and it is great to see more OTH alum back on tv again.

13. Kristy says:

Amazing news about Bethany Joy Lenz. She’s been a favorite of mine for years. Can’t wait to watch her do something new. Dexter lucked out with this one!

14. Kandy Kriss says:

I loved Bethany Joy Lenz since she was Joie Lenz playing teenage clone Reva on Guiding Light. LOL

15. Danielle H. says:

Yay for more Baby Daddy! SUCH a cute show

16. Ann says:

Yay for Joy. I always meant to watch Dexter but now I’ll definitely have a reason to.

17. Spencer says:

Bethany Joy Lenz is a great actress. She proved she could handle darker material in the last season of One Tree Hill. She will do great on Dexter.

Also, I really need Happy Endings to stick around. It’s had a few rougher episodes this season, but it is still funny as hell. Please save it, peoples!!

18. Stefan says:

When I thought I couldn’t be more excited for Dexter’s 8th season… Great news! Love to see Bethany in a role different from Haley.