Ratings: Criminal Minds and CSI Rise, Fire Cools

Ratings Chicago Fire CSICBS laid claim to this Wednesday night’s only two gainers, in Criminal Minds and CSI.

The former drew 11.5 million total viewers and a 3.0 demo rating, up 11 and 15 percent from its last fresh outing. CSI meanwhile celebrated its early Season 14 renewal with gains of 10 and 21 percent, to 10.4 mil/2.3.

Opening the Eye’s night, Survivor (9.6 mil/2.5) dipped two tenths.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your Guide to More Than 100 Season and Series Finales

Elsewhere:

* Fox’s American Idol (12.7 mil/3.5) let slip a handful of eyeballs and dipped 8 percent.

RELATED | American Idol Top 9 Performance Recap: Such an Easy Game to Play

* Whitney‘s penultimate episode did 3.2 mil/1.1, down a tenth. SVU at 9 o’clock drew 5.45 mi/1.5, steady in audience but slipping a tenth. Chicago Fire returned to 6.33 mil/1.7, down 4 and 15 percent.

* The Neighbors‘ penultimate episode was flat at 4.7 mil/1.4, while Suburgatory (4.2 mil/1.5) dropped 9 and 12 percent versus its previous lead-out from a Modern Family repeat, hitting series lows.

* The CW’s Arrow (2.9 mil/0.9) ticked down a tenth, while Supernatural was rock-steady at 2.14 mil/0.9.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Mika says:

I wish ABC would return Happy Endings to Wednesdays.

2. ollie says:

yay supernatual. this season rocks.

3. Mandy says:

I think it’s really hard when new shows take these long breaks. I bet it will pick back up next week. I didn’t even realize Chicago Fire was back last night until this morning.

4. Jaime says:

Chicago Fire could do so much better if it had a decent lead in. SVU has no crowd anymore so CF is suffering.

• HeatherC says:

I agree. It’s beating SVU on a pretty regular basis in the ratings so they hopefully they find a better show to lead into it. It’s gotten SO much better since the pilot and I’m really enjoying the stories and the entire CF cast. =)

5. forwarddad says:

CF has up and down ratings and I don’t think it’s solely SVU. NBC like the other two networks keep screwing around with these schedules no one knows what’s repeats. You reap what you sow.

6. Jake says:

Looks like if Suburgatory gets renewed for a 3rd season, it will prob get the Cougar Town/Happy Endings treatment.

• Matt says:

I really hope not!! I know that it definitely does better with a new Modern Family lead-in, but it would be a shame if they let this show go!

7. Kresh says:

I freakin loved Supernatural and Arrow, that’s some high quality televison I tell ya! :D

• Gerald says:

These shows are great and solid ratings for the CW. Wonder what ratings they would get if it was on a big network, no matter, keep up the good work CW.

8. Derrick says:

I don’t understand ABC’s thinking in scheduling new episodes of the Neighbors and Suburgatory behind reruns? This guaranteed low numbers the last couple of weeks. The Neighbors had been steadily improving and Suburgartory had stabilized nicely. Why jeopardize that with boneheaded scheduling moves? It’s not like ABC has a wealth of sitcom riches to draw from making these 2 shows expendable.

9. bobbie says:

Psych was wonderful with the Inlaws rampage! Very funny.

10. Britta Unfiltered says:

Matt, one of these days I’m actually to google penultimate and see what it means. Maybe not today, but one day. One day.