Pilot News: Christina Ricci Out of Coma, Spencer Grammer to Ironside, Steve Coogan Has Doubt

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Pilot News Spencer Grammer Steve CooganBritish funnyman Steve Coogan, Greek‘s Spencer Grammer and a onetime Boston Legal eagle are among the latest actors to book pilots — all while Christina Ricci ends her sentence with a coma.

Per our sister site Deadline….

* Steve Coogan (Tropic Thunder) has landed the lead in onetime Housekeeper David Shore’s ABC legal drama Doubt, about a cop-turned-low-rent lawyer who uses his street smarts to work the system while battling assorted personal demons.

* Tara Summers (Boston Legal) has boarded Fox’s Greg Kinnear-fronted adaptation of the Aussie drama Rake, playing the put-upon, no-nonsense assistant to Kinnear’s criminal defense lawyer.

* Greek grad Spencer Grammer has scored the female lead opposite Blair Underwood in NBC’s reboot of Ironside, playing Holly, an ambitious cop who stands up to the titular crime solver and grapples with her past ties to current criminals.

RELATED | Pilot News: Terry O’Quinn Takes Tom Berenger’s Gang Gig, Thomas Dekker Helps Backstrom

* And using the “out” door is Christina Ricci, who will no longer be NBC’s Girlfriend In A Coma, following the comedy’s first table read. The project follows Karen, a woman who awakens from a prolonged coma to discover she has a 17-year-old daughter (iCarly‘s Miranda Cosgrove). Daniel Stern and Ann Cusack are to play Karen’s parents.

Comments (15)

• Christina being out of the coma means that I’m out of the 18-49 target audience.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 20, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Odd move considering Christina Ricci was the draw.

Comment by dude – March 20, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She quit the show. The show didn’t quit her.

Comment by Tom – March 20, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess I’ll quit it too…I was going to watch for her..

Comment by Josh – March 20, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Miranda Cosgrove is still attached to the project I’m still hopeful about the project but it all depends on who they end up replacing Christina

Comment by Billy – March 20, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Strange. I was thinking what an interesting concept but then saw she was in it and said absolutely not, won’t be watching. I can’t stand her. Icarly is absolutely atrocious and I don’t even like the way she speaks in interviews. I wish she would just stay in school and then disappear from Hollywood like other horrible child stars.

Comment by Mark – March 20, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to give it a try because of Ricci, now it depends who will replace her

Comment by Paula – March 20, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ricci would’ve been the only thing attracting me to the show. The plot doesn’t seem that interesting. Oh well, bye.

Comment by Kaycee – March 20, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems like a mash-up of Life Unexpected and Samantha Who?

Comment by Kaycee – March 20, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m reading the girlfriend book now and its freakin’ brilliant. I was really excited for the show but I hope they replace Ricci with someone good.

Comment by andrew – March 20, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does it seem like a plot that could work as a TV show? I haven’t read the book.

Comment by Sheila – March 20, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doubt ——another one named disaster of a show for ABC.

Comment by forwarddad – March 20, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was sort of hoping Spencer Grammer would go for a comedy. She could be quite funny in Greek!

Comment by Fabe – March 20, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Strange for her to quit at the table read when she had the script for longer. Two guesses – she got a better pilot or she’s pregnant

Comment by Sara – March 20, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC should try to get Sally Hawkins for “Girlfriend In A Coma”. But I don’t know if Berlin Silver Bear, NYFCCA, LAFCA, NSFCA and Golden Globe winner will be interested. She’s hundred times better actress than Ricci and has such a lovable personality American audiences would fall in love with her quite easily.

Comment by Jinjeon – March 20, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post