Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The Office, Big Bang, Grey's, Banshee, Good Wife, Smash and More!

The Office Series Finale Spoilers Ask AusielloGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you happen to have any more/further news on The Office finale? —Sebastian
Ausiello: If exec producer Greg Daniels has it his way, the May 16 conclusion will expand beyond an hour. “I was very excited with the footage we got,” he told TVLine at this weekend’s wrap party. “It’s very big. I’m going to beg NBC to super-size it or extend it.” Meanwhile, Jake Lacy — aka Pete — described the finale as both “satisfying” and “beautiful,” while Jenna Fischer urged fans not to miss the “last six [episodes] — particularly the second-to-last episode and then the last episode. That’s where a lot of the real satisfying, meaty stuff is going to happen.” In other Office news, did you see this?!

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Question: Any scoop on Breaking Bad‘s series finale? There’s a Smurf-head cake pop in it for you! —Joe
Ausiello: According to Matt “Badger” Jones — who was also on hand at the The Office‘s farewell bash — the AMC smash goes out with a “musical” episode that ends with “Walt ascending to heaven.” Just as I predicted!

odetteQuestion: I’m a diehard TVLine reader and have never requested a single thing… until now. Banshee Season 2 scoop? —Carole
Ausiello: This one’s hot off the proverbial presses, Carole: Odette Annable has officially signed on to reprise her role as hit woman Nola Longshadow in at least four Season 2 episodes of the Cinemax hit.

Question: Can we get some scoop on Grey’s Anatomy‘s “JApril” please? So many fans are eagerly awaiting some kind of news from them, but nobody seems to have any! –Jennu
Ausiello: Though for the short term, April is focused on The Virgin EMT Matthew, their road may become a bumpy one. Previewing the April 4 episode, Sarah Drew says, “[April] winds up working on a patient with Jackson, and he winds up being there for her in a way that she needs when she has a crisis of faith. But when she tries to talk to Matthew about it, he misinterprets what she’s talking about and leaves her even more confused than before!”

Question: I know that Sookie is getting a new love interest on the upcoming season of True Blood, but is there any chance for some Eric-Sookie romance? I mean, last season they only had about 20 minutes on screen together! —Cynthia
Ausiello: Can’t speak to a revived Eric-Sookie romance, but I can share this tidbit about Sookie’s new beau, Ben: The show is currently casting the roles of his mom and dad, both of whom will be seen via flashback.

Question: Got any scoop about The Vampire Diaries? —Audrey
Ausiello: Elena will do just about anything to find the cure, and that includes going to first base with [spoiler].

Question: Would love some intel on Southland‘s April 17 season (and hopefully not series) finale. —Tracey
Ausiello: Tom Everett Scott reprises his role as Russell when Lydia — desperate for a shoulder to lean on — tracks down her disgraced former work hubby. “He was the closest partner she ever had,” notes Regina King. “And now with all of the things going on and her mother no longer there, you look to the person that you know the best or that knows you the best.”

bonesQuestion: Thank you for the lovely video interview(s) with Bones‘ David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel. Did they reveal even juicier scoop off camera? Spill. —Rachel
Ausiello: They didn’t, but exec producer Stephen Nathan sure did. Despite buzz that the show’s April 29 finale would solve the big Pelant alarm-clock mystery, Nathan told me that there’s a good chance that particular reveal will be held until next season. “We might not find that out in the finale,” he says. “But we will certainly find out more about Pelant. Since the finale is probably not the end of him, there’s no reason to revisit the alarm clock yet.” Meanwhile, Nathan confirmed that the lingering marriage issue between Booth and Brennan will play a part in Season 8’s swan song, but — and this is a big but — “I’m not going to divulge whether it necessarily moves forward or not.”

Question: Can we hope to see Booth’s son Parker or brother Jared on Bones now that his mom is reappearing in their lives? —@geraghtyvl via Twitter
Ausiello: Yes. “Not this season,” said Nathan, “but they’ll definitely be back.”

Question: Please tell me that we’re actually gonna see some action between Cary and Kalinda on The Good Wife. This last episode just killed me! —MaryBee
Ausiello: Depends how you define “action.” If it’s “any kind of physical intimacy,” then yes, you will see some action between them in this Sunday’s episode. Bonus Scoop: The aforementioned episode’s biggest twist centers on Diane, and it could have long-lasting repercussions.

Question: Any interesting Once Upon a Time tidbits you can share? —Stef
Ausiello: This may already be out there, but the show is casting the potentially recurring role of Felix, the tough, natural born leader of a “sinister group of boys.”

Question: Any scoop on The Americans? —Caroline
Ausiello: Season 1’s penultimate episode will re-introduce viewers via flashback to Gabriel, Elizabeth and Philip’s handler before Margo Martindale’s Cold War ice queen Claudia appeared on the scene.

Question: It’s been a bad couple of weeks for Smash fans! Any spoilers to cheer me up? About Derek maybe? I’m loving his renewed friendship with Ivy this season. Will it turn romantic again? —Lila
Ausiello: Ivy will be getting a love interest soon, but showrunner Josh Safran isn’t identifying her mate. “I don’t want to spoil that, but it’s a huge portion of her story this year,” he teases. “It’s complicated and beautiful, and as is always the case with Megan Hilty, beautifully acted.”

RELATED | Smash Boss: Season 2 Building to a Series Finale

The Cooper/Kripke InversionQuestion: Any Big Bang Theory on Penny/Leonard? —Colleen
Ausiello: Would you settle for something on Sheldon/Amy? Hope so, ’cause it’s all I got. An upcoming episode will find Amy helping Sheldon overcome his psychological fear of unfinished business. “Sheldon has a problem leaving tasks uncompleted,” explains Jim Parsons. “If something goes unfinished, that’s going to eat at him and keep him up at night, if not worse. So she tries to free him of that.”

Question: Any scoop on when Castiel will return on Supernatural? He’s been gone way too long. —Monnie
Ausiello: He’s back Wednesday, but it’s his season-ending story that has us intrigued. While Misha Collins says his angelic alter ego will have “a role to play” in Sam’s trials, he won’t be seeing eye-to-eye with the Brothers W for long. “Cas will [ultimately] be pursuing his own objectives that are not on the same path as Sam and Dean’s,” hints the actor. Hmm…. wonder if that has anything to do with this.

Question: Hello, my favorite TV guru! I need some Scandal scoop, like, yesterday. —Liz
Ausiello: Make sure you are home at 10/9c on Thursday, April 4, because trust me — you are going to want to watch Episode 18 live.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Kim Roots and Vlada Gelman)

1. g2-68b98c60dce86004d88674460f66cbc3 says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for finally talking about Banshee. It’s a GREAT show.

2. alex says:

Thanks.
    still no Chicago Fire :(

3. girlinmd says:

Rufio Ruffio RUFIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Couldn’t help it lol

4. Francesca says:

Japril SUCKS! I mute them anytime they’re on. April is awful enough without dragging Jackson down with her.

• Jarrod says:

THIS!
      Sick of this faux Mark and Lexie 2.0 crap. This relationship completely ruined the boundaries of friendship. I’d rather see Alex and Jo – and that’s saying something as I hated Jo for quite some time.

• JJ says:

Preach! The fact that anyone likes April, let alone “Japril” or w/e, is astounding to me!

5. Cynthia says:

He answered my question! **Grinning like a schoolgirl**

6. CMT256 says:

Why does Elena even want the cure at this point?

7. Really curious what it’ll take to get a Calzona scoop from you’ll. There was nothing about them from Shonda’s couples interview she did in Feb. and nothing to this day. I thought this would be the week since they have an actual story this week, but nada. Come on, give us some crumbs, please!

8. Cara Varela says:

Also looking for some real Breaking Bad spoilers. Someone has to die, and I’ve been assuming Walt will, but now I’m wondering if it’ll be someone he loves instead.

9. Laine says:

I truly hope this is not Southland’s last season, it’s such an AMAZING show.

10. Ross says:

The Bones people need to stop pushing things off. JUST SOLVE THE DAMN ALARM CLOCK THING ALREADY!!! By the time they do it, no one is going to care any more!!!!

• amber says:

I don’t mind the alarm clock mystery being pushed….I am however *disappointed* that we won’t see Parker until next season…..He has *always* made an appearance in at least one ep per season prior to now and honestly I would rather of had a Parker ep in S8 than some of the other B character plots/arcs, some of which have been overkill. IMO.

• Katie says:

Yes, Parker coming home, it’s about time, doesn’t make either Booth or Brennan look like the Parents of the Year to never see or them even to skype Parker and please, writers, no more plot line that Parker is going to hurt Christine…..Ya, I mind when they try to make him look bad.

• Kim R says:

I think I agree. :) They seem to drag everything out on this show. Although The Mentalist has drug the Red John thing on for 5 seasons. Let’s move on, people! :)

• Bridget says:

Bones is going to pull their signature move – in the season 9 season premiere they’re going to come back with the alarm clock issue already resolved. Everything important will have happened offscreen, because as Stephen Nathan would say, “You don’t need to see that.”

11. Lila says:

Thanks for the Smash spoilers! I’m trying not to read anything in to you answering a Derek question with Ivy but I want them together so much it’s hard! They have been awesome this season.

• I agree! I want Derek and Ivy to work out desperately, and as for “a huge portion of her story this year”, it’d be about time that anything of Ivy’s was a “huge portion” of Smash!

12. Charity says:

Clearly, given other spoilers in recent weeks while shooting — it’s Elijah.

NOOOOO!! DO NOT WANT. Elijah is far too good for Elena Gilbert.

13. lll says:

Looks like Once Upon a Time is trying to cast their version of Peter Pan.

• Eye says:

It looks like they are trying to cast their version of the leader of the lost Boys. Neil will turn out to be Peter pan, as Bae went elsewhere before our world being amongst the hints that the show has given.

14. Saint Alicia says:

“If it’s “any kind of physical intimacy,” then yes, you will see some action between them”.
    Ha. HA. Talk about vague. And in the last spoiler you were teasing “K-I-S-S-I-N-G” and we know that DIDN’T happen. So let me guess, this physical intimacy will be their elbows brushing together?

• Lucy says:

Everything about Cary and Kalinda is just a BIG TEASE. I’ve given up. And I read somewhere she’ll spend the night flirting with a girl. He’s real special for her, doesn’t he? So, yeah, it’s the usual no-go for Cary and Kalinda.

• Pam says:

No Kiss. Off screen hook up. Any kind of physical intimacy = Leftovers
      Cary and Kalinda relationship needs something better than this and it’s not just matter of sex.
      And my guess about Diane’s big twist is…”State’s Attorney of Cook County”.

15. mac says:

poor Elijah…him getting used isn’t something I’m for =(

16. Amelia says:

Thanks for the scoop of Shamy, I love them!

17. EL says:

great scoop! thanks

18. Celeste says:

So no alarm clock till next season…hmmm. Here is what Stephen Nathan had to say about it LAST SUMMER to AA on July 17th.

Question: Can I get a new spoiler on the Bones season premiere?
    Ausiello: We’ll find out what Pelant did to Brennan’s alarm clock. “That will be a part of the first episode,” confirms EP Stephen Nathan. “The clock, the surveillance, footage — everything will come back. Whether it’s resolved or not, I can’t tell you. I would imagine it’s not all going to be resolved.”

• madbengalsfan85 says:

My theory is that the alarm clock is Pelant’s endgame…so we won’t know its role until the end of the Pelant arc

• Lois says:

So we are to believe he planted the clock as part of his plan for over a year down the road? I guess Brennan has met her match, this guy is good! Looks like Pelant is playing the ‘team’ like marionettes! Not liking that this thing keeps dragging on and on and on…….but I shouldn’t be surprised.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Howard Epps did much of the same thing back in s2 only Epps overestimated his own intelligence, which was his downfall. Pelant has taken Epp’s playbook and gone pro with it.

19. rachelle says:

Omg, yes on that Scandal scoop!! I don’t care what’s going on, I never miss an episode live!

• JO says:

I love the mysterious Scandal scoop too. But I don’t get why it would be important to watch 2.18 live on April 4th. Now I definitely have to find out more about that episode.

• GottaHaveEmAll says:

Exactly! What’s with the anemic Scandal scoop?!?! Of course we’ll be watching – its an awesome show! Give me scoop dang it!! -_-

20. Britta Unfiltered says:

Hell yeah, I love Tom Everett Scott!

21. Coco says:

Maybe we will get back to a great season on true blood because last season was just not good at all. I’m hoping

22. Jess says:

Excited about the Japril spoiler, thanx!!

23. jennu says:

Thanks so much for the Japril scoop! Was waiting a long time for it and some hope has been restored! Love them!

24. jennu says:

LOL I guess someone spread the word in their little 3 person community to hate on Japril. Sorry guys, the Japril fan base is only growing and more and more people wanna watch them! They’re the only couple on the show with enough chemistry to burn a house down :D

• hanfran says:

Yes!! Japril is awesome! We need them back together!!

• Sasha says:

LMAO! Chemistry? They couldn’t strike a match. Jackson has way more chemistry with Arizona. April is horribly bland and boring. Really, you are talking about clubs in terms of numbers of fans?? Really? Figures an April fan would talk about clubs of people liking each other because that’s the mentality of April Kepner and SOME of her fans I guess. How is April even still employed? She couldn’t even manage to pass her boards. It’s a huge joke that she’s even a surgeon. In the real world she’d be laughed out of the hospital. She’s so awful that she’s been fired numerous times by personnel and last week she was fired by her own patient.

25. I would like some info on Vegas! When is it going to resume on Tuesday night?

26. mia says:

Their adding *another* male character to OUAT? I feel like this season has been overwhelmed by new characters (a lot of them men). What I love about OUAT is all the wonderful interesting female characters and their interactions.
    We haven’t seen Ruby in forever and Belle is sitting on the sidelines too. Love to see more of Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, etc. All the gals!

• Marco says:

Aurora and Mulan were awful, and so is Ruby. Belle is most of the time tied to Rumplestiltskin and we have already enough of him as it is. Cinderella was annoying. OUAT has one or two interesting female characters at MOST; Regina and Emma.

27. Amber says:

I hope Elijah is the one Elena makes out with. He’s awesome.

28. Ana says:

Don’t care about Japril at all. I like April and Matthew better. I cannot stand Avery and that goes back to S7 when he used the information that Mark gave him in confidence regarding Lexie to get closer to her and woo her. But I’m pretty sure that they will be end game. Matthew was brought in specifically to create drama between Avery and April. And even though I can’t stand the guy, I do admit that he and April have chemistry, not like MerDer or Crowen but its there.

29. Leela says:

Japril! Love them!!

30. Alia says:

BONES: I’m really tired of this Pelant thing.
    TBBT: Looks good :-D (and funny).

31. Cynthia says:

Thanks for the Japril scoop! :D

32. snark1250 says:

Is Zero Hour Canceled?

33. Mellie says:

Japril is the worst. That’s when I take my bathroom breaks.

34. Carolina says:

Thanks for the scoop on The Americans! It’s such an awesome show. Also glad to hear the Banshee scoop. Sometimes I feel I’m only one watching. Getting bored with Sheldon and Amy but even on their worst most boring day, they’re better than JAPRIL. Love Jackson (could do without his insufferable mama and her mama’s boy schtick) but April is horrid and anytime I see her face or hear her voice, I press mute. To be frank, she’s the main reason that most of the time if the promos are heavy on her, I just watch on dvr the next day so I can fast forward. She’s an entirely useless character.

35. JKR says:

The Elena scoop makes it sound like it’s a significant, even OOC moment. So I’m guessing either Klaus or Rebekah!

36. amy says:

really hope jackson and april get back together at some point. it’s great to see the writers are not rushing them, hopefully it won’t end in tears. these two kids are meant to be!

37. xaverie says:

I’m so over anything Cary/Kalinda. They just want a way to have Cary get more scenes but it’s just sad at this point.

• Lucy says:

Thanks God, Cary is finally getting his own storyline, he’s even “too busy to hold grudges” so they don’t need C/K just to give him more scenes. The only sad thing is that, according to some spoilers, they’re just turning Cary into “another” Kalinda’s hook up. Just one of her many hook ups and nothing more. That’s not something I look forward to. And another thing I’m not looking forward to is the predictable closure I fear they have in mind: ” we had sex but we’re just friends. Isn’t this better???”. Yeah right!

38. Sarah says:

Cynthia, your True Blood question was SPOT ON. Last season was SO disappointing on the Sookie/Eric front.

• Cynthia says:

I know! I’m hoping for a lot more Eric-Sookie for season 6, even though she gets this new love interest. As a big SVM book fan I wanna see the pledging this season

39. sarah says:

I assume Elena kisses Klaus.

40. Heather says:

Don’t really get some of the Jackson/April hate. As a casual viewer it can clearly be seen that ‘JApril’ should be with each other, it’s just going to take time.

Cary/Kalinda… get together already!!

41. wtf kind of scandal spoiler was that? that didn’t spoil anything.

42. GTS says:

Really? No Scandal fan accepts ‘watch it’ as an acceptable scoop. It’s been old for, hmm…. a month! We are already going to watch it!

43. david says:

does anyone think that kevin is the duplicator on criminal minds? i mean its got to be someone we know otherwise why not show his face???

44. TrickyGreyArea says:

“Any kind of physical intimacy” – Wow, cryptic much? I have no idea what’s going to happen with Cary and Kalinda this episode, but I kind of love it that way. From the intentional ambiguity of this spoiler, I’m guessing that it’s not romantic or perhaps even sexual…I believe this episode will have C/K scenes that Archie said were really cold to shoot, so maybe the physical intimacy is huddling really close together to prevent hypothermia? I don’t really care, I’m just psyched to know in advance that they will interact in the next episode.

45. shann says:

Don’t mind jackson with April…kind of neutral about them…I am loving the build up of Alex and Jo though!! She seems so good for him, about time he has some happiness!

46. Pinkman says:

that better not be a real spoiler to the end of Breaking Bad!!!! No way would anyone from the network allow the press to know that the main character is going to die!!