MTV Sets Awkward Season 3 Premiere Date -- Plus, Check Out the New Spoiler-Packed Trailer!

Awkward Season 3 SpoilersGet ready for another Awkward year of high school.

Season 3 of MTV’s teen comedy will premiere Tuesday, April 16 at 10/9c, the network announced on Monday.

RELATED | Exclusive: Awkward Adds Felicity Vet Amanda Foreman as [Spoiler]‘s Mom

Prior to the special one-hour debut, the series will roll out the first of its online-only webisodes on MTV.com. Future installments, which will have a storyline that compliments the on-air action, will be available throughout the season.

Additionally, MTV released a new Season 3 trailer (scroll down and press PLAY), as well as the following two-sentence teaser of Episodes 1 and 2 (WARNING: major spoilers)…

“In the season three premiere episode, Jenna’s junior year brings a wave of surprises and changes that potentially will impact her future in an indelible way. And in the second episode, the death of classmate will leave Jenna to reflect on loss, grieving, and taking responsibility for a secret she’s keeping from Matty.”

1. iMember says:

Oh my gosh, that promo had my dying of laughter. I can’t wait to have this show back on air! April 16th couldn’t get here fast enough.

2. Leila says:

When does Teen Wolf come back??

3. nguber says:

Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! April 16th cannot come soon enough. I LOVE AWKWARD!!!

4. Till says:

It seems like season 2 ended a year ago! I completely forgot Tamara and Jake were together! Can’t wait!!

5. Elyse says:

yes!!!!!! can’t wait!!!

6. Maki says:

I love this show it’s so honest so funny so unrealisticly Real XD . Can’t wait fo S3.

7. Brandon says:

I forgot about Tamara and Jake also. This show is so unexpectedly good!

8. Brandy says:

The death of a classmate? I wonder who it is. So excited for the return of Awkward!

9. Fabe says:

She looks too thin! She needs to put some weight back on; she’s much prettier that way.

• Brandy says:

I imagine it’s a touchy subject for the actress who probably read a lot of negative comments last season about her weight gain.

• Fabe says:

Oh, I never heard any negative comments about her weight gain. I didn’t even notice that she had gained any wait.

• Sienna says:

I agree. I noticed her weight loss last year when they did a post-finale after show. She was very blonde, very tan, and very thin. I didn’t love the blonde and tan thing, but that’s her prerogative; however, her weight really concerned me. She was already so tiny. I do hope she’s taking care of herself. Also, I never noticed a weight gain on her, so whoever made comments about that, shame on you.

10. Jaqen H'ghar says:

I think I may be the only dude who watches this show.

11. ggny says:

i think MTV messed up waiting so long to bring it back. The show was on a hot streak and was getting a ton of press

• Elyse says:

its a summer show like Teen Wolf. a lot of summer shows (Dallas for example) can’t keep up in the ratings during the fall/winter.

12. Van says:

SUPER EXCITED!

13. helena says:

Can’t wait I love awkward :) :)

14. Jade says:

Wow..knowing Awkward will be back in less than a month just made my day! Cant wait to see what shenanigans await us!

15. Sarah says:

Can’t watch in Canada!!! BOOO!!!! And I can’t find it on Youtube.

16. Mel says:

Awkwardly awaiting April 16th!

17. Spencer says:

I never thought I would be this in love with an MTV show, but I am pretty excited. I really really don’t want Jenna and Matty to break up.

18. Kate says:

I’m not sure how much I care anymore if Jenna’s just gonna continue being wishy-washy about Matty. But I am intrigued by Sadie and will probably still watch it just to see Matty McKibbon, Mmmmmhmmmm.

19. Sienna says:

I hope it’s better than last season. I didn’t think it was bad, it was just disappointing. The first season was so good – I hope season three can get back to that quality. Also, Tamara’s hair looks much better.

20. Buy Mulberry says:

Buy Mulberry are fantastic!! They continue to keep me style ! I’m a fan of Buy Mulberry now for sure

21. Shen Lynn says:

She should have chosen jake …… So disappointed

• yessy says:

I totally agree!! Jake was soon much more caring and thoughtful then Matty and jake is wayyy more cutier and sweetier too

22. Bueno, saludos desde Mexico =)

23. raghad says:

the video wont play can someone some how send me the video pleaaassseeeee or record it and send it, or is this the normal trailer plzzzzz

24. victor says:

I think the one that dies is the guy in he’s class with a secret. Looks like justin bieber lol I’m a dude and I’m 18

25. Ashley says:

Omg!!! I am on team Maddy. For one her had her first. And oh my lawdyy… He is one hottie. ^_^

26. Ashley says:

This shoe is my addiction.. and I can’t wait!! ^_^ I hope Jenna and Maddy get back together.

27. A says:

When I try to record this on my dvr it doesn’t show up. It just says repeat and doesn’t even explain anything. I’m confused. Is it really April 16th?

28. Nice commentary on the issue. We all welcome the knowledge that you to leave with us

29. business says:

My brother suggested I would possibly like this website.

He used to be totally right. This put up truly made my day.
    You can not consider just how much time I had spent
    for this information! Thank you!

30. How-do-you-do, just needed you to understand Weve added your site to my Yahoo bookmarks because of your extraordinary webpage layout. But critically, I feel your website has one of the freshest theme Ive came across. It genuinely assists make studying your website a lot easier.

31. For your next post, perhaps you can address the issue of commenting addiction, and tell me how to get my life bac

32. That is the best blog for any individual who wants to learn about this subject. You know a lot its nearly difficult to argue with you (not that i genuinely would want…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin over a topic thats been written about for years. Wonderful things, just fantastic

33. Uh, great publish I assume. Not certain I totally agree with you 100% but I assume with out diverse views the earth could be a fairly uninteresting site ;\

34. Im a Junior at a texas University. I khow that funding increases as a Jr. What amount is it?

35. Thanks so much for your downright blog;this is the stuff that keeps me on track through out the day. I have been searching around for your site after asked to visit them from a buddy and was thrilled when I found it after searching for awhile. Being a demanding blogger, Im hopeful to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Just wanted to comment to show my support for your work as its very challenging to do, and many writers do not get admiration they deserve. I am sure Ill visit again and will send some of my friends.

36. The moment I saw this page was like wow. Thanks for putting your effort in publishing this article.

37. I commend the great entry you share in your entries. I will bookmark your blog and have my children read in your site frequently. I am really certain they’ll find lots of fresh articles here than anybody else!

38. Surprisee Friend , i read with u article. LOL Please come to my blog

39. Indubitably yours is the bestest site I have read

40. Emily says:

God. She should have chosen Jake; I am not liking this whole ‘Tamara and him are an item’ thing. Feck sakes….

41. You made a number of nice points there. I did a search on the theme and found a good number of persons will consent with your blog.