The Walking Dead Recap: Close But No Cigar

Get More: Recaps

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????In this week’s episode of The Walking Dead, Andrea breaks out of Woodbury in hopes of warning Team Jailhouse that the Governor has no more interest in honoring the (insane) deal he offered up than a biter has of dining at a salad bar. But, of course, her plan goes awry in pretty much the worst imaginable way.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

THE $64,000 QUESTION | The hour opens with a flashback in which Michonne — arguably the toughest chick on TV (and inarguably one of the Top 5) — almost cries when Andrea asks if she knew her “pets” before they were turned. “They deserve what they got,” Michonne replies. “They weren’t human to begin with.” Okay, some major (and obviously majorly ugly) history there…

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS | Back in present day, while the Governor builds Michonne a torture chamber that looks like a gynecologist’s office in hell, Milton blabs to Andrea not only that ol’ One-Eye wants her former protector but that, even if he gets her, he’s gonna slaughter the rest of Team Jailhouse, anyway. “I have to kill him,” she says. Well, duh! Carol could’ve told you that — and did — weeks ago! Though Milton stops Andrea from shooting Cyclops when she has the chance — are you daft, man?! — and refuses to leave Woodbury with her, he does encourage her to hit the road and save her old friends.

NEW KIDS ON THE (CHOPPING) BLOCK | After Tyreese and Sasha let Andrea jump the wall, tensions flair between the Incredible Hulk and Allen. “Don’t screw up our new home life,” the 98 lb. weakling (basically) whines before admitting that he’s still pissed that Tyreese was able to save his (now-deceased) wife and he wasn’t. (What is this, The Real Househusbands of Woodbury County?) Later, the guys go at it again when Tyreese refuses to help round up biters with which the Governor insists he’s just going to scare Team Jailhouse. (Yes, he just wants the zombies to scare them… the same way the zombies always want to come closer because they just want a hug.)

TURNING POINTS | As Milton (it seems clear) begins to man up — by setting fire to the stores of biters — the Governor chases Andrea through an abandoned warehouse with the shovel he (again, it seems clear) intends to use to dig her grave. She escapes by feeding him to a stairway full of biters, only to have him catch up with — and grab — her just before she makes it safely inside the prison gates! (How’d he make it out in one piece? Do the undead fear pirates?) When last we see Andrea, she’s gagged and tied to the terrifying dentist’s chair that the Governor had intended to be Michonne’s (seated) last stand.

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Which was scarier — the Governor’s implements of torture or his incessant whistling? Do you think Andrea will survive the season? Sound off below!

Comments (95)

• I call total BS on the Governor living through that. Ruined the hour for me.

Comment by Eric – March 17, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. And how did he manage to find her in the exact spot in the fields and woods, not once but three times? More bs.

Comment by Elaine Bondra – March 17, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and he only has one eye! lol how did he spotted her in the field while he was driving.. I mean really lol

Comment by racso23 – March 17, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • and that too in the direction where his eye is missing!! He was driving down the road and Andrea was far away in a field on the right!!! That must be one awesome patch! What BS

Comment by UC – March 21, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I assumed he was able to find her by driving his truck faster than she could walk and then waiting outside the location to which he knew she was going.

Comment by KenM – March 17, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except that the perimeter of the prison is quite large & she wasn’t just about to stroll in the front door. How did he manage to pinpoint her exact location & sneak up on her when she had been traveling overland & he would have had to stick to roads?

Comment by Elaine Bondra – March 17, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Having gotten there first, he had likely been watching for her. It is not that implausible that he would have had the time to close the gap from wherever he was when he first spotted her. The prison has consistently been shown on the series to only have one accessible entrance, and that is where she would have been heading. Out of all the implausibilities this season, I would not rank this very high.

Comment by KenM – March 17, 2013 10:49 PM PDT
          • PUHLEEZE! It was horrendously implausible. To be fair, it wasn’t the MOST implausible thing in the entire episode. Let’s see, there’s Andrea hiding behind the ONLY tree with a walker on the other side. Oh, and her clomping down the middle of the road with NO zombies coming out to taste the maker of all that noise (since they suddenly appeared the minute she entered the forest). There was also the ten entire minutes they spent in that gargantuan warehouse and the Governor was NEVER more than six feet from her. PLUS, the zombies never came out to find out what delicious morsels were making that noise, those two morons kept finding THEM! And, seriously, why can’t any of these people EVER hear a walker? They sound like asthmatic lawnmowers! Actually, that last part is more plausible than a guy who just fought off dozens of zombies showing up at THE EXACT SPOT as the woman who left way before him. And why hasn’t anybody learned to hotwire a car at this point?? AAARGH!

Comment by KevyB – March 19, 2013 04:53 AM PDT
      • Omg yes. I couldn’t believe he found her the first time. The way he just knew to turn right at a certain point. Is he psychic or what? Lame.

Comment by Jenny – March 17, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, this was the conversation we were having in our house! Implausible yes, but in order to move the story along, and having that chilling cat and mouse game in the warehouse, was worth the suspension of belief – oh wait, I think I’ve already suspended belief – Zombies! As Ken M said previously this doesn’t rank that high in concern.

Comment by Mel – March 18, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i call rule of tv, he had to find her for the story so you need to suspend your disbelief.

Comment by Alan – March 18, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if he was bit in the stomach? The way he was holding his coat is suspect.

Comment by .Josie J – March 17, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Even more head-scratching: why didn’t Andrea take his truck?! This episode, though, helped me respect Andrea more. I just think the writers are making her make some screwy decisions.

Comment by Lilly – March 17, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All I could think about was at least check it for keys. I rarely complain aboutthis show, but ttonight made me angry.

Comment by Eric – March 17, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I literally screamed at my tv and said “HOW THE F**K DID HE SURVIVE THAT” after Andrea opened the door to let the walkers in and he showed up at the prison…I love the show, but come on it was like 20 walker to 1 Governer ratio…However, I thought the episode was fantastic despite that and it sure did make for a good twist. Also I like Andrea a bit more because of this episode.

And that chase through the building definitely had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Comment by Jake – March 17, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Also, how come none of the walkers attacked her on the other side of the door?

Comment by Ali – March 18, 2013 05:28 PM PDT
      • He took the keys with him. He’s not going to leave them in the truck just in case she managed to get out and give her a chance to leave him stranded.

Comment by KB – March 18, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She could have checked just to be sure or tried to disable the truck in some way. I assume she still had her knife. Slash the damn tires, you idiot! Dumb Andrea, can’t make more than one good decision every few weeks.

Comment by tripoli – March 18, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you remember when the govenor was asking Milton if he belived there was “a spark” of humanity left in his zombie daughter? He kept her chained up in his roomand spent time with her each night. I think he intends on killing Andrea and once she returns as a zombie keeping her where he kept his daughter to bestow his “love” on her. This is why he told everyone back in town that he could not find her when he returned, with her concealed in his truck.

Comment by Joe – March 18, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude, I completely agree with you on this. They can’t just have him show up out of thin air like Jason or Michael Myers…the guy isn’t a god damn ninja.

Comment by Rick – March 18, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent episode. Wow. Everyone on the Andrea bandwagon now?

Comment by Teag – March 17, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as i hate andrea i found myself rooting for her and FINALLY! damnmit….. she left woodbury but damn she’s now in tough jam a spot that was ment for michonne. for rght now she’s SCREWED-BIG TIME! Tyrese should’ve THROWN that allen bitch IN THE PIT him and that boy of his….GONERS in the finale 100% REALLY GOOD AND INTENSE EPISODE.

Comment by Ashley – March 17, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope,Andrea is exactly where she should be.
      She’s had too many chances to get rid of that sociopath and she wimped out.

Comment by Whatever – March 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i do agree that’s where she belongs cuz she did choose the gov. over michonne and now she’s paying the price. she had so many chances to KILL HIM OFF. Even if she did made it to the prison and worned them about the plan that would’ve been her redemption ….but TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Comment by Ashley – March 18, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • never had as much problems with andrea as others, she performed admirably in this episode. i was actually gutted that he got her just as rick was about to notice her.

Comment by Alan – March 18, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Andrea does not make it out of this season. She has quickly become the worst. It looks like she’s taking the Lori Grimes route out of this world and is going to die in mot painful way possible.

Comment by Ari – March 17, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I get the frustration with Andrea but I wish more people would fling their bile where it belongs, at the writers. They’re the ones who’ve turned a strong, intelligent character into the moronic mess she is now. Sad that they couldn’t think of an intelligent way of keeping the Governor’s plot going without degrading their lead female… It’s all doubly painful for comic fans who know how awesome and bada$$ she truly is.

Comment by Al – March 17, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want her to survive this season either. She made her choices and now shes paying for them. It’s to late to redeem her for me.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 17, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The governor will be stopped or the torture will get interrupted somehow.

Comment by Dustin – March 17, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boring. Hated this episode. Andrea needs to go.

Comment by Disastrous – March 17, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree that this episode was boring at all – I will be having bad dreams for some time because of the suspense in the chase scene. Also if the Govenmor killed off the front row of zombies, he just had to run from the rest of them – they aren’t very fast.

Comment by Katie – March 18, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what exactly about it was boring? because i was on the edge of my seat all through the chase. im loving the development of the governor throughout the season, each episode he looks more and more like the governor from the comics.

Comment by Alan – March 18, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did we really need another “damsel in distress” subplot? Disappointed in this episode, which had no surprises at all. For a moment I was hopeful that Andrea and the Gov would BOTH meet their ends after their little tiptoe thru the prison, but of course, they both miraculously survived. Ugh.

Comment by Lyn – March 17, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The governor will die in season finale and the show will move on to other foes…with new peeps in tow.

Comment by Michael – March 17, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My biggest complaint is why didn’t Andrea take his car while he was fighting the walkers?!?!?!?! She would be safe, and that wouldn’t make the finale climactic enough, I guess.

Comment by Will – March 17, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing. Acting like a bimbo in a horror movie.

Comment by .Josie J – March 17, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah, I completely thought she’d take the car. But there are two episodes left and we still need the governor to be in a position to fight, I guess.

Comment by AGM – March 17, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing at first but then I realized he probably had the keys on him.

Comment by AJ – March 17, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But she’s supposedly intelligent enough that if the keys weren’t in the truck, she could have figured out a way to disable it to keep him from driving it.

Comment by Kaye Dacus – March 18, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • assuming she was going to run around looking for the truck. She didn’t exit the same place she entered.

Comment by KB – March 18, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he took the keys with him, i thought that would be obvious since he has been portrayed as intelligent person who wouldnt make such a stupid mistake

Comment by Alan – March 18, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know why the truck thing bothers me so much. Frankly, disabling it wouldn’t be my concern either because he really looked cornered by too many zombies. But if you’re leaving an area at night, you WOULD do everything in your power to gain some advantages against more zombies on the road. That truck would have been worth her time to see if the keys were there. (And BTW, I know you don’t need keys to leave the lights on, but he DID leave those lights on, so he might have left the keys there or even left it running.) She could at least see if she could hot wire the truck. Or – more logically – that there were more weapons in there. Did he really leave Woodbury with JUST one hand gun, which ran out of bullets in his hand??? Really?

This episode was nothing if not suspenseful; I’ll give you that. But by now most of us can only muster passing concern for a whole episode including these two characters. The writers just have NOT done a good job of dragging out this Rick-versus-Governor finale. (Last week was just painful except for the exchanges between the side characters outside that barn.) Using the evolution of the not-so-popular Andrea to string out this final battle was a bad call all around. Get it over with already and let’s move on!

Comment by Lilly – March 19, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Andrea survives the season… and I’m one of those who has been hating her stupid choices all season. I would like to see her character have a chance to be as awesome as she should be.

As for the Governor, he needs to be dispatched immediately. And what the hell is he planning to do with that speculum in his torture chamber? Ew!

Comment by Mo – March 17, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, Andrea has always been the worst, but am I the only one who thinks she was getting better this episode, and even part of the last. I mean, I thought it was obvious she had gone back to Woodbury as a sort of undercover spy, so that’s pretty cool of her, I guess. She did a pretty good job of handling herself on her way back to the prison and when being chased by “Phillip.” I mean, Lori couldn’t have done all that. At this point, I don’t see her as a damsel in distress; I see her as a normal human being, with flaws and all.

Comment by AGM – March 17, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not the only one. I also thought it was obvious she had a reason to go back to Woodbury & that Hershel probably had some inkling of that too. On Talking Dead, she basically confirmed this when she mentioned the scenes that had been cut between her & Hershel and Daryl.

Comment by Mo – March 17, 2013 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree! I hated her during most of this season, but I felt like she was finally starting to come around in the previous episode and this one.

Comment by Lauren – March 18, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the governors whistle was more scary in my opinion that scene got really intense espicially when Andrea was hiding behind the table and the governor was dragging the shovel. I mean he pretty much was staring RIGHT at her but gets distracted?!?! Wtf but the real question is. IS ANDREA DEAD?!?!

Comment by Griffin – March 17, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Andrea and she better survive or it’s gonna be one boring show

Comment by N mehden – March 17, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I respectfully have to disagree. Every Andrea centric episode has been beyond boring. I think the show would be better without her. She brings the show down.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 17, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is definitely annoying- naggy, bad judgement, takes too much focus from “Team Prison”, time for Andrea to go!

Comment by Drizz – March 17, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a BAD episode. A man with ONE eye, half the regular field of vision manages to track a woman through wild countryside, and stop a good 20 walkers? Umm… NO. This whole episode was designed to create sympathy for the character of Andrea, who has been handled so poorly this season as to make her look like an idiot. This unfortunately makes her look worse rather than better as they’d hoped. Now the Gov just looks like some kind of superman, which is absurd since he is actually compromised by having a portion of his field of vision totally blacked out. AMC/Kirkman, whoever… TV is not exactly like comic books… you need to ground it a bit more in realism. This was like a Roadrunner cartoon.

Comment by Drizz – March 17, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ve been trying to gain sympathy for this character for weeks now and it’s not working. Majority of people don’t like her and want her gone. Sadly thou I think we’re stuck with her.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 17, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why all the Andrea hate? She’s a good person that looks for the good in everyone and wants to believe in that. So what if it took her awhile to realize the Governor was a bad person. I actually like Andrea and hope she makes it through.

Comment by Brian – March 17, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. I don’t get all of the Andrea hatred, either.

Comment by TV Gord – March 18, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow this show is pretty epically awesome I know some people don’t like the slower episodes but i don’t mind them if they serve a perpouse this one did IMO. it showed how gone the governer is, like seriously, that dude is on Mars right now, total creep-basket. As annoying as Andrea is, and probably will always be to me, I have to admit she was pretty badass for most of this episode, until the end at least slash the dudes tires lady. i also have to admit I don’t really want to see her go out like that strapped to a torture chair.

Comment by James – March 17, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The slower episodes *are* good (like “Clear” two weeks ago) However, I don’t think this was supposed to be a “slow” episode… It was a chase. There was nothing badass about Andrea at all… she couldn’t escape a one-eyed man, even with some lead time on him. It would not have been hard to find somewhere with some cover to hide, get very quiet, and wait him out. He wouldn’t stay out all day and night. That is so incredibly ludicrous that he got her. The writing this week was atrocious. Hope we get more the quality of “Clear” next season.

Comment by Drizz – March 17, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Andrea’s stupidity knows no bounds.

Comment by Jenny – March 17, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Sasha and Tyreese are brother and sister? I thought they were husband and wife…

Comment by vdofan – March 17, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whistling.. So cheesy and lame. The governor is just not a cool villain.

This whole episode was a waste.

Comment by Jenny – March 17, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching this show from the start, and it’s really starting to frustrate the hell out of me. It’s not the actors, but the writers, and the camera work. How many times do shuffling, stinking, growling zombies seem to appear out of nowhere to “surprise” the group? I spend time in the woods, and in the Fall, you can hear mice and squirrels rustling the leaves for many yards away.
    That prison is a fortress, and could be defended with well placed snipers for some time. Yet the gang stands around in full view, easy targets for a rifleman shooting from the woods. It’s as if the writers have no clue, and none of the gang has learned anything since the show started. I’m no master tactician, but a few booby traps, some sandbags, molotov cocktails, improvised spike belts to disable the vehicles, etc. Anything to mess up or slow down the attackers.
    Andrea is super annoying. Bossy and disrespectful to everyone. Sleeping with the boss doesn’t give her the right to bark questions and demand answers, or give orders. She should have been told to eff off, or mind her own business by now. I’ve lost track of the times I yelled SHUT UP! at the t.v.
    I only watch now out of habit. It’s not going to get better. Maybe they could borrow some writers from Breaking Bad for next season. They could make any show look good.Cranston and Paul could do a cameo or two.

Comment by jacktar – March 18, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh what’s the matter jacktar? You don’t like it when the little woman gets a sassy mouth? How about YOU shut up? Women get to vote and everything now. Your critique isn’t of the show, but of an uppity woman. Your misogyny is showing.

Comment by Flame Bridesdottir – March 18, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There’s no misogyny here, FB. Andrea is disrespectful and bossy, whether she’s a female or male. Her dumbness crosses the boundaries of sex. I actually love sassy female characters, but also have to not be dumber than bricks. And I’m female. The TV version of this character puts women to shame.

Comment by skatergurljb – March 18, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks, Skatergurljb. You said in a calm and measured way what I meant. I yell at the T.V to express my frustration at the show, not the uppity woman, who I realize is an actress playing a part, and being let down by the poor direction and camerawork.

Comment by jacktar – March 20, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree that after the episode w/Rick and Morgan,didn’t Rick learn anything? Morgan had the entire placed booby-trapped, so the biters couldn’t get him. He had those spikes,those spears,he had death pits traps on the stairs, come on. Trip wires, alarms,why isn’t the prison booby-trapped to prevent unwelcomed people??? Biters and Woodbury citizens.

Comment by cookie – March 18, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Governor needs to go… Milton (or whatever his name is, the Governor’s puppet) will end up finding Andrea and somehow interrupt the torture.. maybe the Governor turns into a zombie and Milton is left to kill him and save Andrea… idk… Andrea used to make me mad… but in the last few episode’s she has smartened up. True, maybe the keys where not in his truck, so that’s why she didn’t take it.. However, how in the hell did he get her out of there without anyone seeing any commotion? She was in Rick’s view while standing, just not when he took her to the ground.. BS… I love this show, but think they really need to keep the ‘reality’ in it.

Comment by ~Moh~Lee~Sah~~ – March 18, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had a hard time believing that the Gov could have gotten Andrea up and away when she was THAT close to the prison without alerting someone… which is probably why the writers didn’t write that scene….. otherwise, excellent ep.

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – March 18, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andrea isn’t going anywhere people….she is a major character who unfortunately has made a few mistakes in her choices of men. (Is she really the only woman in the pre or post Zombie Apocalypse world with that problem??? The way I see it….she is gonna get rescued by Tyrese and Milton……can’t see Milton surviving…the Governor had that “You are gonna be my next in my chair when I finish with Andrea” look in his eyes. But Milton will go out as a hero…same for Merle……and I am hoping it’s all the ladies (Andrea, Mischonne and Maggie” who take turns hacking that sorry psychotic, one eyed whistling MFer to death in the finale.

Comment by Ken – March 18, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s a given that Milton is the one that torched the zombie pit. If he still thinks there’s a “spark” in the Dead, he needs bodies to experiment on. The arsonist could have been Martinez, who I don’t think knew there were children at the prison until Tyreese voiced his objections about users the Walkers as weapons.

Comment by Liz985 – March 18, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #1. “Do the undead fear pirates?” is the most amazing line from this recap.
    #2. Was I the only one yelling at Rick when he saw/heard something in the woods, and then doubted himself? “YOU AREN’T IMAGINING IT RICK!!!” So close, yet so far…

Comment by Lauren – March 18, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is what happens when you have directors, writers and producers who doesn’t know what they are doing.

Comment by kenichi tanaka – March 18, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode did make me like Andrea more, but the Governor catching her at the last second was a bit too much for me. It didn’t seem like she put up much of a fight, either. Did he have a gun or something? The scene in the warehouse was so suspenseful. But the Governor came off like Michael Myers or Jason or something. Like no matter what Andrea did, he would just show up right where she was. I also died laughing when Andrea kicked the walker down the stairs.

Comment by Mikael – March 18, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tend to think that the Gov. was bitten.
    He was holding his side , even Milton ask if he was OK.
    He is arrogant enough to think he is above a zombie bite.
    Perhaps that’s the writers ultimate end game for him, he starts to turn.
    Some of Woodbury bunch would probably still follow him for awhile.

As far as Andrea is concerned she is exactly where she deserves to be.
    She has had so many opportunities to get rid of that sociopath,yet she wimped out. So now she can be his victim.
    To little to late…

Comment by Whatever – March 18, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andrea’s always been my favorite character but I’ve been vastly disappointed with her storyline this season. That being said, I’ve loved what they’ve done with her in these last few episodes and I thought she was great here. I also thought Laurie Holden did an excellent job with this episode and I’m hopeful both she and Andrea will make it through to season 4.

Allen needs to go, ASAP. His annoying kid, too. Tyreese and Sasha are awesome but I suspect she’ll probably die in the season finale and Tyreese will go back to Rick’s group.

As far as Andrea not taking the car, I didn’t think it was that weird. She clearly exited the warehouse from a different point she entered and probably didn’t feel like walking around the building to search for a truck she wouldn’t know how to hot-wire. I also didn’t find it that surprising that the Governor survived the Walker-trap. We’ve seen other characters survive in similar situations.

Comment by Ms. S – March 18, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She had a knife, she could have slashed his tires. She also should have been able to stab or slash him when he jumped her in the woods. He can only see on one side of himself, she cold have bolted in that direction on the way to the car, she could have smacked him in the bad eye, he would have reeled in pain. The writing was poor and sloppy this episode. It made Phillip look like Superman, and Andrea look like a frightened nitwit that couldn’t be a strong woman and think her way out of numerous openings in all of this. For Pete’s sake Andrea, stick to the woods where a car can’t go, and you are harder to see, not an open plain!

Comment by Drizz – March 18, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…i don’t know about anyone else, but I was a little freaked out when I saw that his “tools” included a speculum and a funnel!

Comment by Ha! – March 18, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep!!!! Dentist chair with handcuffs and a vaginal speculum….. the stuff of female nightmares!!!!!

Comment by DeeDee – March 18, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I feel like he has plans to “create” another child for the daughter that was killed. Maybe that is a little weird but why a funnel and speculum?

Comment by S – March 19, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this episode! Was on tenterhooks the whole time. Love Andrea. Hope she survives the Govs torture chamber. Micchone to the rescue!

Comment by Mel – March 18, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Governor was bitten, and now it race against the clock to get his revenge!
    As far as how he found her… let see: He knew where she was coming from, where she was going and that she was on foot. Add to that the woods are filled with walkers… HMM, maybe she is going to take the straightest most direct route? He simply needs to do the same and presto he found her.
    The only thing that I thought was a mistake is when she open the stairway door the walkers should have been trying to get through so she would not have been able to simply open it and jump behind it for them to go after the Gov.

Comment by justin – March 18, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I think it would be a fitting end to have the Governor bit and not find out until he starts turning. (He’s already sweating a lot and looking nuts!) But I completely disagree with the plausibility of the psychic way he seemed to find her. I’m sure Andrea was exhausted and focused on finding the prison in that last moment, but really? He just pops out of no where, exactly where she was, and subdues her with no weapon? She has a knife and two eyes, for heaven sake! And he not only subdued her to the point Rick could see nothing, somehow he got her up and drug to the truck without a sound! There were just too many things in this episode that stretched the rule of plausibility just so the Governor could survive until the finale.

Comment by Lilly – March 19, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this episode!! I don’t understand all the hate Andrea is receiving, i agree with one comment she went again to Woodbury to spy on the Governor! And she finally saw that he is a psycho! I like her character and i hope she will survive! I think this season is fantastic!

Comment by liliana – March 18, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the first episode I didn’t find Andrea to be annoying. Not a bad episode.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – March 18, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know the song that played at the end of the episode? Not having any luck finding out.

Comment by tripoli – March 18, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing is certain, ITS TAKING WAY TOO LONG FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEN – since Lori died and they secured the prison it’s just been slow as hell. What’s with the 39min episodes as well WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME don’t spend 6 minutes of the 45 allocated on credits and pointless recaps – bring back the 60min episodes (I realise there were less of them, but it was so much better) and some more feature lengths – you’re taking the piss AMC, I’m so disappointed.

Comment by Keyhd – March 18, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, this is still my favorite show on tv. The hour flies by and I can’t WAIT for the next Sunday to get here. That said, this has been the most poorly drawn-out second half of the season so far – just to see two characters no one really cares about (the Governor and Andrea) develop into what they have planned for the season finale. It better be a good one!

Comment by Lilly – March 19, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow people are so judgmental, I just enjoy the show and appreciate the creativity of the writers. There’s always a way to rationalize anything if you try, why not enjoy the show by giving the benefit of the doubt? After all, it’s not real life, and it’s not in any way scientifically feasible.

Comment by gangerdorf – March 18, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a point however when it gets so absurd it’s hard to suspend disbelief. This episode was written by Mazzara, the recently ousted showrunner, and it also has a second writer credit, I’m guessing that writer tried to clean this mess of a filler episode up a little. Next week’s episode is written by Scott Gimple, the new showrunner. His episodes have been very, very good. He wrote the episode, “Clear”, which aired 2 weeks ago which was excellent. Hopefully next week we will see a better episode, and maybe a taste of how Gimple will run things. Mazzara did a lot of unpopular things, hopefully it’s going to get better.

Comment by Drizz – March 18, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too think the Gov has been bitten. I think Milton will man-up and save Andrea (after all he did see the torture chair and instruments so if he believes the Gov found her this would prob be the first place Milton would look). I’ve never been a big Andrea fan and have found her quite annoying but she did grow on me this episode. I think Martinez fired the walkers in the pit. After he met Daryl I think he began to see that the Gov was a bit of a loon. Looking forward to the finale.

Comment by Shaun Smith – March 19, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did the Governor even get Andrea from the prison into his car, quietly, with no bullets in his gun to threaten her with? Then how did he get her into Woodbury unseen or heard, and into the torture chair? He’s a magical pirate man.

Comment by Martin Conlon – March 21, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he snook up on her, grabbed her and knocked her out, then he hid her in the car where people couldnt see her and drove to the secluded part of woodbury where he has the torture chair set up. its not that hard to figure out how he did that if you spend just five seconds thinking logically.

Comment by Alan – March 22, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To many people commenting on this site expecting it not to be far fetched. Someone remind them it’s a post Zombie Apocolyse tv show, why you worrying about how he escaped all the walkers and managed to find her, it’s not like the rest of is very believable.

Comment by Rick Grimes – March 22, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To many people commenting on this site expecting it not to be far fetched. Someone remind them it’s a post Zombie Apocolyse tv show, why you worrying about how he escaped all the walkers and managed to find her, it’s not like the rest of it is very believable.

Comment by Rick Grimes – March 22, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay google is my world beater aided me to find this great site!

Comment by Dong – April 16, 2013 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post