Pilot Sneak Peek: It's the New Beverly Hills Cop... With His Famous Pop

Beverly Hills Cop PilotIs this the man who wrecked the buffet at the Harrow Club?

Why, yes it is — and he’s got his son with him.

Shawn Ryan (Terriers, The Shield), the executive producer of the Beverly Hills Cop pilot being developed for CBS, shared on Twitter the other day a photo from the set, of series star Brandon T. Jackson with his TV pop Eddie Murphy.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

As Aaron Foley, Jackson (Tropic Thunder) plays a transplanted Detroit police officer now fighting crime in tony Beverly Hills, all the while trying to escape the shadow of his infamous tailpipe-banana-ing dad.

Murphy, in addition to being an EP on the project, will guest-star in the pilot and possibly recur if CBS orders it to series in mid-May.

The BHC cast also features Christine Lahti (Chicago Hope) as the Beverly Hills police captain, Kevin Pollak (A Few Good Men) as the BHPD’s risk-averse in-house lawyer, and David Denman (The Office) and Sheila Vand (Argo) as police detective partners. Judge Reinhold is set to put in a cameo as Billy Rosewood.

What are your expectations for this small-screen follow-up to the film franchise? Is your ’80s self, like mine, a bit giddy?

1. gb says:

Hysterical opening line of this article. Great quote from first movie. I picture the chief and his glasses on..lookin at Foley..asking those questions. LoL

2. Luminosity says:

I don’t understand why they didn’t make Rosewood (Reinhold) the new chief. I think that would have been funny.

3. Venkman007 says:

Extreme hesitation with this show. I loved the first two movies; hope this show captures the original movie.

4. dude says:

yeah love the films and will tune in but hope it isnt too watered down for tv. the films are R for a reason

5. Jimmy says:

Unless this pilot truly sucks, BHC the Series seems like a no-brainer for CBS, especially if they capture the qualities that made BHC and BHC 2 fun films to watch.

6. lisa says:

There might even be s spin off if its very successful, a la every other cbs show. Would be interesting to see

7. ChuckMe Forever says:

Garbage. This is a pass for me….some shows wont transfer to the small screen and this is one…

• Big Mike says:

Damn, way to prejudge something. Before making an opinion, maybe you should, I dunno, watch it? At least wait for them to FILM the darn thing!

8. I like the idea of a BHC show, but I’m not keen on it being on a network, much less CBS. This belongs on Cable. On cable, we’d get something more along the lines of the first movie. On network, we’ll get BHC III.

• J says:

At least it’s Shawn Ryan, who might help it have a cable-ish feel.

• WOW— my fiancee and I were saying the same thing. If it was on AMC, TBS, TNT, it may have a shot, but on CBS… it’s a 50/50 chance. Also, someone else commented that Judge Reinhold should have been the BHPD Chief of Police— I AGREE. Besides, Judge is a good actor that has been underutilized.

9. WingsStef says:

I am excited. Brandon T Jackson is perfect. Great movie. Looking forward to a good show.

10. Cort says:

Beyond excited for this. Hope CBS loves the pilot and that it’s more like the first two movies which were both classic. Murphy recurring would be great as would cameos from Rosewood and others from the first two. Like Bronson Pinchot (aka Cousin Balki)

11. Kristin says:

Super excited for this – I keep hearing Axel’s trademark laugh running through the promo….