Pilot Castings: Amber Tamblyn Fights Violence, Stephen Fry Is Super Clyde's Sidekick and More

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Amber Tamblyn Joins CBS PilotTV’s erstwhile Joan of Arcadia, funnyman Stephen Fry and a Boss alum are among the latest actors to book pilots. Meanwhile, Tom Berenger drops out of a Gang.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

Per our sister site Deadline….

* Amber Tamblyn (House, General Hospital) has landed the female lead opposite Skeet Ulrich in Anatomy Of Violence, CBS’ drama project from Homeland‘s Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary. It follows an FBI Criminal Psychiatrist (Ulrich) with an expertise in sociopaths who partners with a young female FBI agent (Tamblyn) whose sister was traumatized by a gunman 13 years ago.

* Stephen Fry will play sidekick to fellow Brit Rupert Grint in Super Clyde, CBS’ single-camera comedy about a fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Specifically, Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne.”

* Troy Garity (Boss) has joined ABC‘s untitled John Leguizamo comedy pilot, playing a loyal friend-turned-graffiti artist-turned-personal assistant to Leguizamo’s character.

* Beatrice Rosen (Cuts) has boarded Backstrom, CBS’ drama pilot about an overweight, offensive, irascible detective (The Office‘s Rainn Wilson). The actress will play Nadia, a foreign-born civilian who supports the Special Crimes Group.

* Tom Berenger has departed Fox’s Gang Related after a first table read where, Deadline says, it was determined the actor “did not quite mesh with the rest of the cast and his vision of the character was different from that of the show’s producers.”

Comments (23)

• When was Stephen Fry ever on House?! He was on Bones ;)

Comment by Kris – March 17, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, but he is real-life BFFs with Hugh Laurie. And they’re both Fox shows. And it’s a Sunday. Fixed!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – March 17, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BFFs they are :D You are forgiven :D Kudos for working on sundays at all ;)

Comment by Kris – March 17, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed with Stephen Fry’s project, thought he would be perfect for Backstrom.

Comment by Catherine – March 17, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greg Garcia, Rupert Grint, Ty Labine and now Stephen Fry. I am officially very excited to see Super Clyde.

Comment by Eric – March 17, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It looks really promising, I can’t wait

Comment by Paula – March 18, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I’m really looking forward to Super Clyde.

Comment by Teag – March 17, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please let Super Clyde get picked up! I need to see this show!

Comment by Jessie – March 17, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, now I need Super Clyde even more! And I need to re-watch Kingdom.

Comment by MelindaB – March 17, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Stephen Fry will play sidekick to fellow Brit Rupert Grint in Super Clyde, CBS’ single-camera comedy about a fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Specifically, Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne.” – holy cow.
    You just made my Sunday. :D

Comment by kirads09 – March 17, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stephen Fry! I’m all in. <3

Comment by tahina – March 17, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta say, this Stephen Fry news makes me even more excited for Super Clyde. Really hope it gets picked up.

Comment by CJ – March 17, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it does not get picked up, everything is wrong with the world. This show looks like the best thing on TV in years…

Comment by ben – March 17, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you. It looks like something truly special.

Comment by CJ – March 18, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Amber Tamblyn. Will watch just to see her.

Comment by Marcie – March 17, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, I love Amber Tamblyn! Hopefully her show (as well as Super Clyde) get picked up.

Comment by Spencer – March 17, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, could not remember who Stephen Fry was for a moment, but yes, he is hilarious and I am super excited for this show!

Comment by Kristin – March 18, 2013 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fry+Garcia and Grint = perfect comedy combination. I hope that the pilot is as just good as the expectations, because they are really high

Comment by Paula – March 18, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne”. So its pretty much like Jeeves and Wooster?!

Comment by Emma – March 18, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope this works out better for Amber Tamblyn than the last pilot. She ends up leaving House when she didn’t want to for a pilot that went absolutely nowhere.

So why couldn’t CBS do Super Clyde with American actors? What am I missing?

Comment by Bob – March 18, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Stephen Fry now becomes better known in the US, maybe he’ll FINALLY get hired to host the Oscars. He’s so great as host of the BAFTAs.

Love his books, too, especially MAKING HISTORY, THE LIAR and HIPPOPOTAMUS.

Comment by MC Maine – March 18, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Super Clyde, Fry is great and Rupert every week WOW!!!!!!! Perfect combination.

Comment by Laura – March 19, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greetings from California! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the information you present here and can’t wait
    to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick
    your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, great blog!

Comment by National Day Show – January 13, 2014 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post