Pilot Castings: Amber Tamblyn Fights Violence, Stephen Fry Is Super Clyde's Sidekick and More

Amber Tamblyn Joins CBS PilotTV’s erstwhile Joan of Arcadia, funnyman Stephen Fry and a Boss alum are among the latest actors to book pilots. Meanwhile, Tom Berenger drops out of a Gang.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

Per our sister site Deadline….

* Amber Tamblyn (House, General Hospital) has landed the female lead opposite Skeet Ulrich in Anatomy Of Violence, CBS’ drama project from Homeland‘s Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary. It follows an FBI Criminal Psychiatrist (Ulrich) with an expertise in sociopaths who partners with a young female FBI agent (Tamblyn) whose sister was traumatized by a gunman 13 years ago.

* Stephen Fry will play sidekick to fellow Brit Rupert Grint in Super Clyde, CBS’ single-camera comedy about a fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Specifically, Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne.”

* Troy Garity (Boss) has joined ABC‘s untitled John Leguizamo comedy pilot, playing a loyal friend-turned-graffiti artist-turned-personal assistant to Leguizamo’s character.

* Beatrice Rosen (Cuts) has boarded Backstrom, CBS’ drama pilot about an overweight, offensive, irascible detective (The Office‘s Rainn Wilson). The actress will play Nadia, a foreign-born civilian who supports the Special Crimes Group.

* Tom Berenger has departed Fox’s Gang Related after a first table read where, Deadline says, it was determined the actor “did not quite mesh with the rest of the cast and his vision of the character was different from that of the show’s producers.”

1. Kris says:

When was Stephen Fry ever on House?! He was on Bones ;)

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

Ah, but he is real-life BFFs with Hugh Laurie. And they’re both Fox shows. And it’s a Sunday. Fixed!

2. Catherine says:

Disappointed with Stephen Fry’s project, thought he would be perfect for Backstrom.

3. Eric says:

Greg Garcia, Rupert Grint, Ty Labine and now Stephen Fry. I am officially very excited to see Super Clyde.

4. Teag says:

Yeah I’m really looking forward to Super Clyde.

5. Jessie says:

Please, please let Super Clyde get picked up! I need to see this show!

6. MelindaB says:

OK, now I need Super Clyde even more! And I need to re-watch Kingdom.

7. kirads09 says:

“Stephen Fry will play sidekick to fellow Brit Rupert Grint in Super Clyde, CBS’ single-camera comedy about a fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Specifically, Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne.” – holy cow.
    You just made my Sunday. :D

8. tahina says:

Stephen Fry! I’m all in. <3

9. CJ says:

Gotta say, this Stephen Fry news makes me even more excited for Super Clyde. Really hope it gets picked up.

10. Marcie says:

Love Amber Tamblyn. Will watch just to see her.

11. Spencer says:

Ah, I love Amber Tamblyn! Hopefully her show (as well as Super Clyde) get picked up.

12. Kristin says:

Lol, could not remember who Stephen Fry was for a moment, but yes, he is hilarious and I am super excited for this show!

13. Paula says:

Fry+Garcia and Grint = perfect comedy combination. I hope that the pilot is as just good as the expectations, because they are really high

14. Emma says:

“Fry will play a butler who is “the Alfred to Clyde’s Bruce Wayne”. So its pretty much like Jeeves and Wooster?!

15. Bob says:

Hope this works out better for Amber Tamblyn than the last pilot. She ends up leaving House when she didn’t want to for a pilot that went absolutely nowhere.

So why couldn’t CBS do Super Clyde with American actors? What am I missing?

16. MC Maine says:

If Stephen Fry now becomes better known in the US, maybe he’ll FINALLY get hired to host the Oscars. He’s so great as host of the BAFTAs.

Love his books, too, especially MAKING HISTORY, THE LIAR and HIPPOPOTAMUS.

17. Laura says:

I can’t wait for Super Clyde, Fry is great and Rupert every week WOW!!!!!!! Perfect combination.

18. Greetings from California! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the information you present here and can’t wait
    to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick
    your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, great blog!