Unforgettable Season 2 Adds Good Wife's Dallas Roberts, Two Recurring Players

Roberts_CypressUnforgettable‘s Season 2 cast revamp continues, with Dallas Roberts — who recurs on The Good Wife and currently can be seen on The Walking Dead — joining the CBS procedural as a series regular.

The Poppy Montgomery-fronted drama also has added a pair of recurring players for its sophomore run, which kicks off July 28.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Per our sister site Deadline, Roberts will play Eliot, the new boss of the Major Cases Section of the NYPD.

On the recurring front, Tawny Cypress (Heroes, House of Cards) has been cast as Murray, a decorated FBI agent who begins work at the Major Cases Section, while James Liao (Prison Break) will play Jay, a detective with expertise in a wide range of technical subjects.

RELATED | CBS Summer Schedule Features Stephen King’s Under the Dome, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

As previously reported, while Montgomery, Dylan Walsh and Jane Curtin are returning as regulars, Michael Gaston (The Mentalist), Kevin Rankin (Justified) and Daya Vaidya — who played Detectives Mike Costello, Roe Saunders and Nina Inara — are no longer a part of the full-time cast.

Production on Unforgettable will commence sometime after Montgomery gives birth to her second child, this spring.

Comments (17)

• That’s not a good sign for Milton’s survival, and I’m just starting to like the guy.

Comment by Mike – March 15, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Dallas Roberts – he’s a delight on Good Wife and he did a great job in The Grey. Very charismatic.
    They’re still keeping Dylan Walsh though eh. That’s a bummer

Comment by mia – March 15, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt; does “no longer a part of the full-time cast” mean they’ve been dropped to recurring/guest roles? Or that they’re gone completely? And any word on Britt Lower’s Tanya?

Comment by Ella B. – March 15, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t quote me on this, but from what I remember initially they were dropped completely, but I thiiiiiiink Kevin Rankin has signed on to do 1 or 2 episodes.

Comment by Dizzle – March 15, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “And any word on Britt Lower’s Tanya?” <<== seconded.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 15, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Their getting rid of Kevin Rankin was a huge mistake. Him (and the supporting cast around him) made the show much more fun.

Comment by mia – March 15, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They didn’t get rid of him…when the show was originally cancelled he moved on.

Comment by Brian – March 18, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least if he’s on a CBS show as a regular it won’t impede him from making guest appearances on The Good Wife. Still miss Rubicon though.

Comment by Dizzle – March 15, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Rubicon too

Comment by Keith – March 15, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one show I really wanted to watch but I do not like Dylan Walsh. Whenever I see him on screen all I can see is that despicable, disgusting character he played on Nip/Tuck and I have to change the channel. Does this mean that Dallas is getting killed off in Walking Dead???? Say it ain’t so!!! I like Milton. I especially like the kinship he feels with Hershel.

Comment by Ana – March 15, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. Whenever I see his face I just want to punch it. I don’t know if it’s a McNamara thing though. Maybe it’s just an unfortunate quality to his face, or a deep routed issue on my part.

Comment by youbetterwatchit – March 16, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They keep Jane Curtin but ditch Michael Gaston? Weird.
    Explains why he’s suddenly back on The Mentalist mind you. Really liked his Unforgettable character.
    Suppose they had to keep current guest star of the week on every show Walsh around though due to the history built up in series 1.
    To be honest, I could watch Poppy Montgomery browsing a takeout menu for an hour & it’d still be awesome.

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – March 16, 2013 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe CBS are wasting time and money on this rubbish. But here’s an idea: replace plastic Poppy with a REAL actress, like Anna Torv for instance and it might stand a chance. Montgomery may look hot but she can’t act to save her life.

Comment by Greg – March 16, 2013 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll take Poppy over Anna any day.

Comment by Joe35 – May 24, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhhh, I think I’ll be letting this one go. I watched all of S1 because I do like Poppy Montgomery, and most of the supporting cast was enjoyable, but I hated the Carrie/Al relationship. I think they would have been far better off getting rid of Dylan Walsh and keeping Kevin Rankin.

Comment by JC – March 17, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny. CBS cancels the show, but the fans’ outpouring of support saves it. CBS brings it back for another season, but makes all kinds of changes to the cast, which is what a lot of the fans liked about it in the first place. Smart move, CBS. Don’t act surprised and wonder why the ratings dropped when it returns.

Comment by Joe35 – May 24, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tawny Cypress – awesome! She’s going to be a good addition to this show.

Comment by SMoon – June 21, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post