Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, NCIS: Red, Once, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Scandal and More

NCIS Castle Once Upon a Time SpoilersWhat is up with the back end of NCIS Season 10? Is big news brewing on Castle? What brand of evil is Once Upon a Time‘s Regina now serving? Get answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

NCIS | On the short-term spoiler front, I’ve got Pauley Perrette teasing a bit of high drama on March 19, when the NCIS team swings into action to… help Vance hire a nanny for his kids. “But Vance is such an independent person that all the help from the crew is not making him happy,” the actress says of the Michael Weatherly-directed episode. “He’s kind of like, ‘I love you, but leave me alone!'” Now, looking in the general direction of the Season 10 finale, show boss Gary Glasberg has been telling his cast, “‘The last half of this season is going to be unlike any season’ — and I’m not sure what that means, to be honest,” Brian Dietzen reports. “All of us are on pins and needles, like, ‘What are we going to do? What does that really mean?’ But he’s not giving anything away!”

Once Upon a Time | As previously previewed, Regina is most definitely out for blood, having realized that Mary Margaret orchestrated Cora’s death. But how exactly will the Evil Queen go about exacting her revenge? “I honestly can’t say — it’ll just give away too much,” Lana Parrilla (sorta) tells us. “But I think she’s going to ‘rely a little bit on the universe’ and let things unfold as they’re meant to be.” Said differently: “She’s going to stalk her for a little bit, and then try to take her down.” (Psst, more Once scoop below.)

Castle | First, there was the Valentine’s Day jewelry jumble. Then, during Alexis’ kidnapping, Gates urged Kate to do whatever is necessary to help Rick. Was the latter a sign that the captain is wise to the workplace romance? “Do you know what that [line] came after? Seeing or not seeing them hug,” Penny Johnson Jerald reminds. “In fact, I remember the director saying, ‘I want you to turn around,’ and I go, ‘I don’t think I ever look at [Beckett]. ‘Cause I always think it’s about [Castle].’ So that was a good call.” Jerald can’t say if Gates in fact is onto the lovebirds, but in her mind, “It’s not whether she knows or not; it’s how she’s going to handle to truth.” BONUS SCOOP: Seamus Dever tells us that by Episode 18 (airing March 25 and revolving around Ryan’s past), we’ll know if his detective is gonna be a dad.

The Big Bang Theory | Speaking with EP Steve Molaro at the CBS hitcom’s PaleyFest 2013 event, we asked if the matter of Penny proposing to Leonard will be revisited this season. “We addressed that pretty well and won’t be hitting it any time soon,” he answered. “But when that springs back around, we know whose court the ball is in.” As for the show’s newest coupling, Simon Helberg shared that as Howard’s bestie Raj dates Lucy, “He discovers some stuff on the Internet about her.” (Insert :-O emoticon.) As Raj processes this finding, “Howard tries to help give him some tips,” Helberg says, “which is always a double-edged sword!”

Beauty and the Beast | As the show returns from its midseason break, Nicole Gale Anderson says the death of Heather’s beau Darius presents “a huge shift for the show. They start a whole hunt for the beast, to vindicate that death, and [Darius' brother] Joe takes this huge turn…. It changes all the relationships at [the precinct].” Vincent meanwhile will hunt down the thugs who set in motion Darius’ killing, “Not only to clear his name but because he knows what it’s like to lose brothers,” Anderson explains. “He definitely is dealing with a lot of guilt and this whole complex of ‘Am I still human or am I turning, slowly, into this monster that I am?'” Lastly, tonight’s arrival of Sendhil Ramamurthy as a vigilante-hunting ADA presents “a huge twist,” the actress teases. “Just when you think something is going to go a certain way, he comes in and changes everything.”

And now, we finish with a few reader questions….

On Once Upon a Time, does Neil’s fiancée possibly have a fairytale background? –Tedi
Ooh, I like this question. Let me say this: Soon enough, you won’t be wondering who Tamara might be so much as wondering what the [bleep] her agenda is.

Can you tell us anything about the upcoming NCIS: LA spin-off? –Ali
Though Daniela Ruah doesn’t share many scenes with the “Red” team, she did share this observation with us: “There’s a lot of tension going on between Callen and the female lead” aka Agent Paris, played by Kim Raver. They’re just throwing more wood in a fire.” (Reminder: The two-part planted pilot kicks off March 19.)

Can you feed my Scandal addiction and give me some spoilers? — Nicole
Given your name, howzabout I drop this bit on you, regarding Fringe alum Jasika Nicole’s mysterious guest-starring role: Her character has a deep connection to an existing character.

Pretty Little Liars! I’ll take anything, except if anyone is dying. I hate it when someone dies. –Elke
Though I cannot vouch if any of the following pertains to death, you’re getting it nonetheless. Exec producer Oliver Goldstick gave us this three-word tease for Tuesday’s season finale: “Haunting. Mind-blowing. Smoldering.”

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and maybe it’ll get love the next time around! (With reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. George says:

Regarding Scandal: Olivia’s sister?

2. Anthony G. Newhall says:

I’m glad to here that Tiana, I mean, Tamara has an agenda! I love a good agenda!

• Morgen says:

At first, I thought Tamara must be Tiana, also. But if Neal is Peter Pan, it would make more sense for Tamara to be Tiger Lily.

• shuayb says:

Neal is not Peter Pan. At Palyefest they said that they would end up in Neverland but they won’t meet its most famous resident until after the first couple of episodes of season 3. Beside Peter Pan has to be MUCH younger than Baelfire was when he left his father. And he didn’t have issues with not wanting to grow up. In fact all he wanted was his father to give up magic and live normally. Nothing Peter Pan about him. Tamara has something to do with Ethan Embry’s character. Or someone else in fairytale land. Not sure yet. Only time and s BETTER once spoilers will tell us what we need to know.

• Erik Galston says:

really cause i must have watched a different episode the week before last when Neal point blank tells Emma the modern world WASN’T the first world he got to, and he mentioned how he learned to pilot a Pirate ship, which really isn’t something one learns in the modern world. Why does Peter HAVE to be older than Bae was when he fell into the hole. He may have had issues BEFORE with not wanting to grow up, but now that he’s out of neverland he wants to grow up. Just because they said we won’t meet the most famous resident doesn’t mean we haven’t actually already met him. They did ask if anyone else would be revealed with having ANOTHER identity besides Belle in the future. And they were very coy about it. all that says to me is they won’t out right say Bae is Peter Pan this season, not that we haven’t met him in the real world.

• Trista says:

I agree with you – Bae is Peter Pan. The PTB at Once have laid out enough bread crumbs even Hansel and Gretel could find their way!

• CA says:

There is a very good chance the Neal is NOT Peter Pan. When asked that question in an interview, that Neal having been to Neverland must make him Peter Pan — the creators said, it does not and that lots of fans are making a lot of assumptions…that they probably should not be making.

3. Astrid says:

I hope Ryan and Jenny are going to be parents. They are so cute together!

4. Berenice says:

Well, now I don’t know what I think is gonna happen, but I was thinking that NCIS would bring the latest Mossad drama back for the finale- Ilan Bodner trying to get rid of Ziva… Now I don’t know, if it’s going to be “unlikely”. Am I at least on the right track?

• VoltisArt says:

That seems like stuff they’ve been doing since before Ziva was a regular. The note that, “The last half of this season is going to be unlike any season,” makes it seem likely we can’t easily predict where they’re going with it, yet.

5. A says:

So not only is Tamara likely some fairy tale character when we already have a crap ton of characters who’ve been dropped and/or don’t get enough screen time but she also has an agenda. Lovely. Just what we need. Yet another person with an agenda.

• kath says:

The longer Tamara stays, the longer Neal and Emma don’t get together. So I say, bring on the agenda!

• Will says:

Haha, oh no, (1) a show about fairy tale characters *might* get another fairy tale character to play with and (2) this character might actually have an interesting secret. Heavens forfend!

• Leigh says:

It’s a television series. There has to be drama and characters with agendas = drama. And all characters should have an agenda of some sort, otherwise they’re just…there.

• Nelly says:

Neal & Emma will get together. Tamara, Hook and all the other useless characters can go away.

• Patti says:

I am rooting for Emma and Neal. Plus with Hook being so wilie coyote like and Cora gone. The show needs another villain so this good make her interesting

• Alice says:

Because Tamara the plot device is so much better?
      I’d rather she have her own identity and goals separate from marrying Neal and having his babies.
      And since Rumple and Regina and Hook can only go so many rounds before it gets dull, I kind of hope she shakes things up among Storybrooke’s villians.
      I mean, as nice as “Ruby and Snow go shopping” would be for an episode, things can’t stay the same for long.

6. bigby_wolf says:

Oooh, I”m intrigued by Tamara now! Maybe she’s working with the stranger Greg on uncovering what’s going on in Storybrooke? Ethan Embry did mention we would be seeing more of Greg in the next episodes leading up to the finale.

• maki says:

I just wanted to write this down. Probably it’s not a coincedence that Tamara dates Neal and she will break his heart.

• taran63 says:

I agree. Tamara is more than likely the mysterious “Her” that Greg keeps calling/texting.

• Annie says:

IA, I saw a theory somewhere that Greg might be an undercover reporter and maybe Tamara is his assistant/fellow reporter. And maybe she saw the postcard Neal got from Storybrooke in the premiere and that set off the undercover thing. I know the writers said that Greg’s “Her” isn’t important, but they do lie and it’s not like they’d say otherwise.

• Alexandra says:

I’m intrigued too. At first I thought she could be another fairytale character: Peter Pan’s Tiger Lily but now that you’re conecting her with Embry…Things are going to get pretty interesting!

7. John says:

Ok not much of an Ncis spoiler. What does Michael Weatherlys first directing gig next week have anything to do with the finale. Of course all the actors that get their yearly directing perks love to direct their colleagues because they help them out. But give us a spoiler about the finale. I hope they follow up the Shiva episode and if not I’ll be disappointed.

• Maria says:

Actually, it’s Michael Weatherly’s second directing gig. He directed the episode “One Last Score.”

• Wendy says:

Hi John – Answer: NOTHING. From all accounts, “Seek” (MW’s next dir. ep) sounds like a bunch of silly, nonsensical fun: typical NCIS stuff. I’m sure it will be cute – especially the dog chase. I agree with you 100% about “Shiva” (FANTASTIC, 1st rate episode), and the fact that NCIS dropped the ball – BIGTIME – by following up on Vance’s grief rather than Ziva’s. Some things you can’t just “save until the end” – I’ve heard many complaints about how they’ve written Ziva as being totally “fine” since her dad was killed – and EVERYONE knows she’s not “fine”. The season finale will involve Bodnar, the killer – but it might be a little too late by then. :(

8. kenya says:

thanks for the ncis spoiler by “‘The last half of this season is going to be unlike any season’ it means it will be a happy one, a girl can dream.

9. Mike says:

Happy to hear that Tamara is more than just Neal’s fiancé, still pretty sure she is her.

10. Mel says:

Doesn’t NCIS say the same thing every year, that this year’s finale will be like no other? Looking forward to Michael Weatherly’s next directorial ep next week though. Thanks.

11. Chante says:

I was a huge fan of Fringe and to hear that Ms. Nichole will be joining the cast I hope shes related to Olivia or an old college friend….or she could know Harrison or Edison. I cant wait for next weeks ep. Olitz needs to kick it in gear but Jakes pretty cute…will be betray Fitz?

12. Kat says:

I’m with you Annie… Tamara is “Her”. Maybe Greg’s a PI she sent after getting suspicious about the postcard Neal sent. On his way there he saw Rumpel engaged in magic and decided to stay a bit longer to investigate. I <3 MRJ.

13. Jamie says:

I think Gates knows and I think she will be ok with it for some reason

• NR says:

Episode hunt she might know she saw Kate and castle holding hand.

• Evan says:

You’re right, she might. But i took that scene and what she said to Beckett to imply she thought of Castle clearly as one of them, and the cops always do whatever they need to for their own in situations like this. Now she’d never say that to Castle, but she would to Beckett or the others.

• Loki says:

I think Gates sent Owen to Storybrooke. Lol.

14. Renee says:

Thanks Matt for giving us any BATB info you get! I’m interested to see where the show is heading now. Don’t really care about Joe at all, but I’m eager to see what road Evan’s headed down. And how the new ADA will impact his new ‘job’.

15. Douglas from Brazil says:

Was Tamara a fairy from Cinderella in season 1?

16. Patti says:

I wonder if Tamara could be Ursila giving her ties to neverland and keeping true love couples apart.

• Kit says:

I think you are on to something! I believe Tamara could be Ursula (she did pose as Vanessa & get herself engaged to Eric in the movie). This would nicely bring out the mermaids in Neverland with the rest of that realm in the finale. I still think Neal is a lost boy who became a pirate (perhaps meeting mermaids & leaving Neverland…with the assistance of magic?) than Peter Pan himself.

17. Ella says:

I wish they’d given Raj a more captivating love interest. Given that, of the 4 guys, he gets the most female attention, a better love interest after all this time wouldn’t go amiss.

• Alice says:

What do you mean, captivating? He gets the most attention, but he’s the least capable of having a functional relationship. I think they are prefect for each other.

• Adrienne says:

I’m just tired of the Big Bang Theory using female clones of the original guys to put that guy into a relationship. Is that really the best they can do? It’s incredibly dull. Plus, none of these canon couples have ANY chemistry.

18. TV Gord says:

I think the last half of the NCIS season is unlike any other because they are delving a little more into the personal lives of their characters. It’s becoming a little less about the murder of the week and a little more about how Vance is doing without his wife, a little more about Ducky’s health, etc. I think–in the aftermath of last year’s explosion–the team is growing closer because they are seeing themselves more as a family unit than they have in the past. Just a thought.

19. Tory says:

Thanks to the various rumors, innuendos, spoilers, and speculative news articles about everything from Cote de Pablo’s contract, whether or not CdP or Ziva is pregnant, what will happen to Tiva, all the way to whether McAbby will happen….this fandom has massively exploded this week across social media. At what point do you think that Shane Brennan is going to incite NCIS fans to leave the show rather than continue to watch? I feel like I’m watching a train wreck in the fandom and it can be directly traced back to how the publicity of this show has been handled. There has been so much promotion of a problematic romance and now irresponsible promotion of the show. It’s crazy.

20. kevin blanco says:

I freak’n cannot wait for PLL this Tuesday. I mean Spencer on the A-Team?!?! Does she have some diabacle plan to get to A? Or did one of the girls just finally snap under the pressure and switch sides? The reactions from Aria, Hannah and Emily are just striking. Game over indeed if Spencer is now going to be a baddie… Emotions had to be running high when folks with show read these scripts! Shame it’s the season finale as I’m sure it’ll be left open ended…

21. Carol says:

If NCIS:Red picked up – Kim Raver dies on Revolution, right?

22. She maybe Jake’s wife. They might be separated but, not divorce. The other person I believe she could be connected to is Mellie her sister. At first I thought she was going to be Harrison love interest.

23. For the NCIS season finale, I’d be willing to bet that Ilan Bodnar is going to be making a return appearance as the antagonist for the season finale. Since he disappeared at the end of “Shiva”, nobody has heard from him but it’s going to be interesting to see Ziva going after Bodnar for revenge, with Tony and the rest of NCIS chasing after those two. Tony will probably try to change her mind, going along with Ziva to ensure nothing happens.

Bodnar is gonna be here for the finale. lols

24. Adrienne says:

Break up Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy. Or don’t. But whatever happens, PLEASE don’t let Sheldon and Amy have sex! And if Leonard and Penny get married… ugh, just please God don’t.

25. Tali says:

um, when did Penny propose to Leonard? I must have missed that

26. April says:

Callen (NCIS:LA) & Paris (NCIS:RED). OMG. Callen need a romance.