Glee Recap: He's Been Telling Lies [Updated]

Get More: Glee, Recaps

glee-season-4-feud-bye-bye-bye-schueGlee never ceases to surprise me with its ability to go from the ridiculous to the sublime, then back to the ridiculous with a couple more pitstops at sublime, in the course of a single hour.

You can knock its occasionally inconsistent character behaviors or complain that it should be giving more airtime to its New York City story arcs (while moving us away from Lima, OH) (and, yeah, it should), but how many shows can deliver a TKO Mommie Dearest reference, an inarguably guffaw-inducing Nicki Minaj sendup, a compelling Manti Te’o-esque subplot and a genuinely stirring salute to the transgender community all in a single episode? (Okay, probably The Real Housewives of Somewhere at Sometime Somehow, but I’m talking scripted programming, okay?)

If you were too busy stealing your friends’ pillows and comforters tonight to tune in, here’s what you missed on Glee:

* The kids of New Directions gave Schue and Finn an assignment — to perform songs by dueling artists — to defuse the tension caused by the latter advisor kissing the former’s runaway bride. The guys seemed to work it out in an N’Sync-BSB faceoff, but in the end, Will just couldn’t forgive his former student/erstwhile best man/forever protégé. (Not a very good example to his students, bee tee dubs! And anyway, it was just a quick kiss — and hardly the reason Emma didn’t go through with her vows!) Is it wrong for me to be Team Finn? I think not, especially when Schue continues to say things like, “You broke the code of a brother, Finn!” and “In the 1990s, the media pitted two of America’s hottest music groups against each other in an epic clash for pop-culture supremacy.” Um, way to talk like a 10th grader’s C- English paper.

* Later, as Finn cleared out his belongings from McKinley, Marley told him he needed to sack up, stop looking for Finn’s approval, and continue his path to being a great teacher. It proved an a-ha moment for the guy (even though said lightbulb should’ve gone off about three months ago) — now look for him to go get his teaching degree.

* After accompanying Rachel to the doctor’s — Ms. Berry’s home test was a false positive, whew! — Sanatana continued to pry into Brody’s shady activities. After La Lopez gave him the business at his place of work — Kurt: “Did you confront him at NYADA with a Paula Abdul song?!” — Rachel and Kurt asked her to move out. But Santana’s “psychic Mexican third eye” is never wrong! After stealing Brody’s pager, she “hired” him as an escort, confronted him upon arrival, and then produced an angry hidden Finn from inside the bathroom. Rachel’s former and current beauxs wound up having a fist fight — and trashing what had to be a fairly pricey hotel room — but we won’t get resolution on the blowout till next week. Up for debate: Was Finn’s exclamation — “Stay away from my future wife!” — hot, creepy or a little of both?

* Sue managed to coerce Blaine back on to the Cheerios squad with a forged contract, but it turns out Blaine’s a double agent, and his cheerleading stint is part of his and Sam’s plan to bring down the evil Cheerios coach. I don’t think I care about this story arc much, but if it gives us more opportunities to see Jane Lynch channeling her inner Nicki Minaj (or other OTT divas), I say bring it on! I haven’t laughed so hard during a Glee episode in 2013!

* Elsewhere at McKinley High, Marley convinced Jake that she was faithful to him — and that Ryder kissing her meant nothing. (Kudos to the show’s writers for not making her grovel — and for being honest that both she and Jake, as teenagers, are allowed to occasionally be flirty.) Unique and Ryder fueded when he wouldn’t refer to her as a girl. And Ryder eventually came around when his new online girlfriend told him he needed to respect Unique’s truth. Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking? That it’s actually Unique who’s been posing as saucy blonde internet paramour Katie?

Grades for this week’s musical numbers…
Brody & Rachel: Marina & The Diamonds’ “How To Be A Heartbreaker” | Grade: A- (loved those stairway shots!)
Ryder vs Unique: Elton John’s “The Bitch Is Back”/Madonna’s “Dress You Up” | Grade: B
Santana: Paula Abdul’s “Cold Hearted” | Grade: A- (Santana kind of wins always, yes?)
Will vs Finn: N’Sync’s “Bye Bye Bye”/Backstreet Boys’ “I Want It That Way” | Grade: C+ (I’m all for JT/JC puppetry, but the vocals lacked oomph, and I felt like the songs could’ve been meshed better)
Blaine vs Sue: Mariah Carey’s “I Still Believe”/Nicki Minaj’s “Superbass” | Grade: A
Ryder and Jake: Tegan and Sarah’s “Closer” | Grade: B+

Episode’s best zingers…
Santana complaining about Rachel being torn between “your flop high-school ex and that terrifying waiter with a pager.”

“In fact, your wide-eyed, Keane-painting approach to life makes my teeth hurt and my breasts ache with rage.” –Santana, leveling with Kurt and Rachel

This exchange!
Rachel (commenting on Santana’s dramatic exit): I’m pretty sure she stole my comforter.
Kurt: Bitch took my pillow.

Nobody ever said life was fair, Tina.” –Sue, after Tina agreed with Kurt that Sue cheated in their sing-off by using dancers, props and special lighting

Unintentional double-entendre: “I fumbled the ball this time, but you know I have good hands.” –Ryder, apologizing to Jake

“The real world is nothing like glee club, where you can join and rejoin, quit and requit, when you’re not crying or throwing confetti at each other.” –Sue dropping life lessons on Blaine

And with that, I turn it over to you. What did you think of “Feud”? Which story arcs worked best? Take our poll below, then sound off in the comments!

Tags: , ,

Comments (271)

• Are we supposed to have forgotten Rachel also cheated and lied to Brody? She has no right to be mad. And Finn continues to be terrible.

Comment by steve – March 14, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not trying to defend Rachel but… what if Brody was in this before Rachel sleeping with Finn?

Comment by July – March 14, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She may have not been completely truthful about sleeping with Finn but that is nowhere near as bad as having sex with multiple women for money and putting her at risk for all kinds of STD’s.

Comment by Debra – March 14, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Implying Brody has absolutely no idea of how to protect himself…

Comment by kavyn – March 15, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They have agreed to an open relationship. Rachel is pretty much exclusive to only Brody, so her lack of information about Sleeping with Finn is no less deceitful than Brody’s. But, IMO, Brody’s side job is takes on another depth of danger and deceit of mammoth proportions.

Comment by Fin fan – March 15, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed

Comment by Fin fan – March 15, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because cheating on someone once and informing them and being forgiven is the EXACT same thing as being a prostitute and not informing the other party. Get a grip.

Comment by anthonynewhall – March 14, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha truer words…People are CRAZY if they can compare the two. But I guess girls are more forgiving for a hot guy…even if he’s literally a whore.

Comment by Josh – March 15, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Loved this comment! ^

Comment by Princess Adora – March 15, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She didn’t cheat. They’re in a open relationship… Brody is (seriously) a whore. He sleeps with countless women. How would you feel if the guy you sleep next to at night and says he cares for you is a whore? He is lying to her face. I hope to God he’s using a condom. Rachel may have slept with Finn, but that is not nearly as horrible as being a whore.

Comment by Amanda Ellen – March 14, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes!!!!!!!!! T this

Comment by Fin fan – March 15, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are we watching the same show?. They were in an open relationship with no compromise and she asked him (I Do episode) “who do you do” .I know it is a horrible relationship and HE LIE TO HER (remember the flashback?) so dont get ofended because they dont even call themself boyfriend/girlfriend (remember she said they talked and the “no labels” thing?) . I dont know why are you so mad about but…wait…you hate Finn I got it now.

Comment by may – March 14, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually agree… I don’t think Brody was right in not telling Rachel that he was a prostitute, but I also don’t like the way Finn handled it AT ALL!! Kinda hypocritical of Finn wanting to “talk it out” with Will, but when it came to Brody he didn’t even let him explain… he just started throwing fists!! I mean, really Finn?? Grow up already!! Also, if in the end Finn takes all the credit for being the “hero” I will be soooo mad!!! Santana was the real hero!!

Comment by Jen – March 14, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually Finn was walking away from Brody when Brody grabbed him. The punch was purely from instinct. So really there was no throwing of fists by Finn until Brody grabbed him.

Comment by Daniel – March 14, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you automatically punch everyone who grabs you on the shoulder so they can talk to you; you need to join Finn in his long overdue anger management class.

Comment by Paul – March 15, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s not just the fact that he grabbed h

Comment by Curt Toil – March 15, 2013 03:19 PM PDT
          • Him, but it’s also about how careless Brody is being to Rachel. He has no thought about how this could hurt Rachel. She could get an STD. Even if Brody is using condoms, it’s a well known fact that condoms don’t work 100% of the time. He’s putting her at risk. That combined with the fact that he doesn’t want to be in an actual relationship with her, and is lying to her proves that Brody has a very messed up sense of love. If I were Finn, id be pissed off that someone I love is possibly at risk for something horrible. And is being lied to.

Comment by Curt Toil – March 15, 2013 03:24 PM PDT
      • What does Brody have to explain. He is sleeping with woman for money and is not telling Rachel. There is a big difference between that and kissing someone. Finn isn’t in love with Emma, he’s not trying to steal her away from Will. Finn loves Rachel, and even though they aren’t together at the moment does not mean those feelings get turned off. Brody is putting Rachel at risk physically as well as emotionally and Santana was right to call Finn. I think that shows how much Santana has grown up as well. She knew Finn was going to have to be the one to confront Brody.

Comment by Lyndsi – March 14, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, you didn’t like the way Finn handled it but loved they was Santana did, never mind that she was the one who called Finn to deal with Brody. And Santana didn’t let Brody explain his motive either. She told him to save it for Finn. She gave him no chance. But she was the hero and Finn was wrong? I guess you are the hypocritical here.

Comment by Ana – March 14, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In what universe can prostituting yourself be considered acceptable???? He could have been humbled and admit he was wrong and take the fall, but he didn’t want to explain for the sake of clarifying his actions. Rather, he wanted to excuse them. Santana gave him an out earlier and he didn’t take it. That was on him.

Comment by Ana – March 14, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes to this!!!!

Comment by Fin fan – March 15, 2013 07:59 AM PDT
      • This! I agree so hard.

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not condoning infidelity in the least, but BIG difference between cheating with your ex and sleeping with other people for money!

Comment by LC – March 15, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Au contraire. I thought this episode was terrible with the Marley + Jake (UGH) reunion and the appallingly bad mash-ups but Finn threatening Brody and kicking his ass was one of the hottest things ever. The single bright spark in an otherwise terrible 40 minutes.

Comment by Ella – March 17, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE SANTANA!!!!

Comment by Dan – March 14, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Word. Best part of the episode. Her lines were perfect and that song and her doing that song was crazy good. I wish that this storyline didn’t drag into next episode but I love everything about Santana. The reveal of her bringing Finn to NY to take care of Brody was great and I love that she is part of Coyote Ugly. In all aspects really well done by Naya Rivera tonight from a carryover of her great work last week.

Comment by Stacie – March 14, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was awful and unlikable and Rachel and Kurt were too nice letting her live with them,

Comment by Jess – March 14, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was trying to protect Rachel from a guy who is doing bad things behind her back. I wish everyone would have friends like that. She only has done what she has done because Rachel and Kurt either don’t believe her or choose not to believe her. Her methods might be out there but her intent and reasoning behind it is pure and right.

Comment by Stacie – March 14, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But it is her methods that are so horrible and why Kurt and Rachel can’t trust her. Yes she was great with Rachel but come on after year of insults and even an occasion near physical attack I can’t really blame them for doubting her motives?

Comment by HB – March 15, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did you watch the episode? she was trying to protect Rachel from getting hurt… She is the reason i still watch glee, so no, she is not unlikable.

Comment by luli – March 15, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You understand it’s a comedy most times and her actions are over the top for a reason. Quit trying to apply “What would Jess do?” to Santana. It’s supposed to be over the top but the underlying reason for it is she’s looking out for Rachel. How do you go from leaning on her to doubting her intentions? Santana was the only one that knew about the pregnancy test and went with her to the clinic. Geez.

Comment by O-town – March 20, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I used to dislike but she recently she’s become my favorite character!

Comment by Maris – March 14, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *I used to dislike her but recently she’s become my favorite character (wow typos)

Comment by Maris – March 14, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We need a “Santana” show spinoff. She’s awesome and can carry an entire show on her own.

Comment by Dane – March 15, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite episodes this season. Glee remembered that it is a comedy! Blaine/Sue feud was hilarious. Although I’m not a fan of making Ryder into a douche. Also, Will needs to grow up. Clearly Finn was being the bigger man. We could just get rid of Will..

Comment by Bethany – March 14, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sue commits a crime against Blaine, but you don’t care, ’cause it’s Will you’re after. The actor’s got fans as viewers, thanks, and the students and staff have praised the work he’s done (remember the teaching award,) so do not be so cavalier about the character. People with runaway brides/grooms can be forgiven for acting less than rationally, and attacking someone they’ve supported many times in the past for kissing said runaway bride. Life may be perfect for you, and you’ve never lashed out, but for others, it happens.

Comment by Becca – March 14, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryder is becoming like Finn, they have always stuck Finn with the “inappropriate” saying, actions whatever…so now Ryder is the doing it. I am glad because acting ability wise he can do it. Most of the others can’t new kids can’t.

Comment by Terri – March 14, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, can’t argue with you on Will here (though I disagree about getting rid of him, but…eh). I have no problem with Will being mad-he has every right to be upset with Finn. And I’m glad that they didn’t go the route of having him and Finn patch things up all nicey-nice by the end of the episode, too. This is the sort of thing you don’t just get over right away, that reaction was perfectly logical.
      That said, however, Will is Finn’s former teacher and older than him, yet the way he was acting, you’d swear he and Finn were the same age or something. There are plenty of ways to confront and talk out this issue, but the way Will went about it just struck me weird and kind of immature. People talk/joke all the time about how close he is to the kids, and how sometimes it’s a little TOO much? This would be an example of “TOO much”. If that makes any sense.

Comment by Angela – March 14, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You contradicted yourself. If a reaction is perfectly logical, then it’s not really weird/immature also.

And since Sue also “confronts” students, and acts “close to the kids” such as Becky, just accept the fact that the Glee writers’ intent is to give adult characters storylines that tie in with the students.

If you’re looking for a realistic depiction of life in a high school, go watch a documentary.

Comment by Becca – March 15, 2013 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL are you dumb? Heartbreaker was soooooooooooooooo bad

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. how rude!!! Heartbreaker was amazing and beautifully shot

Comment by nini – March 16, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn was the highlight of ths ep!! tho I gotta say I actually enjoyed this episode (that was a first this season) the bsb/nsync mash up AWESOME, but WILL need to grow-up he’s supposed to be the adult and instead he puts down Finn…rachel is being a blind fool and I’m glad Santana tells it the way it is!! Finn defending rachel’s honor was SO HOT! i’m happy the end for Brody is near

Comment by MF – March 14, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn is disgusting and creepily possessive. And if this were real life I’d be worried for Rachel’s life near that aggressive psycho. Abusive relationship waiting to happen.

Comment by Libby – March 14, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • right because since episode one creepy stalker Brody wasn’t a concern for rachel’s safety? Santana called Finn because being with a male prostitute is a danger to Rachel’s health (open relationship or not) so yeah he was defending his not long ago fiancee

Comment by MF – March 14, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What is this idea that being a prostitute makes you more diseased than the regular equally disgusting in different ways population? He was apparently defending “his future wife” the freaking, possessive psycho. I hope he proposes again and Rachel says no and he throws himself off a bridge. He’s clearly not all there in the head on top of being a freaking moron.

Comment by Jin – March 14, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think Brody deserved that slug in the face Finn gave him, not telling Rachel that he was a prostitute (none of this escort crap, I’ve never liked euphemisms). He’s a liar and he needed a good butt-kicking, although the “Stay away from my future wife” from Finn was a little creepy.
            In other matters, I love that Marley told Finn to grow a pair and become his own man, and that he should get off his bum and become a teacher. When Finn said “I need a degree for that” and Marley said “so go get one” I was like “THANK YOU RYAN FINALLY” because I’ve been thinking that basically since Finn reappeared this season.
            Also, doesn’t Blaine’s arse look damn fine in that cheerio’s uniform? There are definitely some upsides to this plot arc.
            I think Ryder’s internet relationship with this Katie chick is super creepy. Like, almost as creepy as when Rachel was basically stalking Will in season one, and that’s super frackin’ creepy. I always think that if you are going to meet, in person, someone you met online, you should Skype with them (or something similar) and, if you’re a minor, get the okay with your parents prior to. Also, tell someone where you’ll be and when you should return. Then again, I am kinda paranoid…
            Mischief managed,
            Rachel

Comment by RavenclawEncyclopedia – March 15, 2013 01:31 AM PDT
          • there are jobs out there, prostitution is unlawful. Lazy way to get money. As far as I concerned, Brody is deceitful and placing Rachel in harms way. I know that some of you think that he can just use protection. Wrong, what he is doing is unlawful.

Comment by Cheri – March 15, 2013 08:30 AM PDT
          • Lol I don’t know how feeling pissed that some asshole could be transmitted diseases to her and lying to her makes him possessive. Condoms are always effective. I’d feel the need to protect someone I love from getting hurt.

Comment by Curt Toil – March 15, 2013 03:33 PM PDT
      • are you seriously? If he had done nothing about that you would say he didn’t care about her. If he goes and fight (literally) for her you say he’s possessive. You make me laugh. Nothing will ever satisfy you. Take a sit and stop with your delusional ship.

Comment by Laura – March 14, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who are you talking to you paranoid psycho?

Comment by Jess – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WTF are you talking about silly child. You don’t have to ship whatever “delusional ship” you’re talking about to know Finn is a possessive motherf**ker who will probably turn out to be an abusive husband.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t even have a Rachel ship (besides Rachel/success) and I want her far, FAR away from Finn. He’s creepy, possessive, and the day Finchel gets back together will be a sad one. So gross.

Comment by AJ – March 15, 2013 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • With all due respect, you’re using big words to describe a character that has shown nothing nor done anything to remotely fit that characterization. Please don’t let your bias against a fictional character nor your dislike for an actor color your appreciation of a story in a TV show. You need to live a full life before you can truly believe what you are saying; there’s no good that will come out of too much hate in a heart so young (apologies for presuming you’re still young at heart). Just a friendly advise.

Comment by Idina – March 14, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Finn was really possessive, he would’ve beat Brody in front of Rachel before Santana even called. As it was, he didn’t go see Rachel afterwards. He went home. Brody grabbed Finn 1st, Finn punched once. Brody threw a lamp at Finn’s head. Brody threw his shoulder into Finn, knocking him over. After that, they rolled around . FInn punches Brody once – if he had been ‘crazy’, he would’ve continued to pound on Brody. If not for Santana’s call, Finn would’ve stayed away. As it was, he felt he had to warn Brody off to prevent Rachel from falling for a gigolo.

Comment by AngieD – March 14, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Finn is disgusting and creepily possessive. And if this were real life I’d be worried for Rachel’s life near that aggressive psycho. Abusive relationship waiting to happen.” This! I’m glad someone agrees. I’m worried they’re going to make him a stalker and somehow paint him as “looking out for her” instead of stalking the crap out of her. He’s s sociopath!

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Overly possessive? A psycho? Really? Does anyone remember that at the end of the previous season Rachel wanted to stay in Lima and get married and it was Finn who out of love for her gave her up and drove her to the train station to make her follow her dream without him? That is not the act of an “overly possessive” male. And he discussed Brody with Rachel and made no attempt to convince her to drop him. He simply said they were meant to be and someday it would happen. How is that overly possessive or remotely psycho? Defending and protecting someone (friend or lover) like Santana and Finn are doing now for Rachel may result in misguided actions or reactions but in no way are the acts of possessive or sociopathic personalities.

Comment by chistosa – March 19, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So hot? really? Unecessary and unprovoked violence is hot? Wonder what will happen to Rachel the first time she really pisses Finn off. That level of possessiveness over some you are not in a relationship is not healthy, god only knows what he’d think he’d be entitled to if they were actually married. Run Rachel Run! Both guys are losers.

Comment by Jessica – March 14, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • am I wrong or Brody was the one who threw the 1st punch?!?! Finn just warned him to stay away from Rachel before Brody could seriously hurt her he didn’t inicitated the violence

Comment by MF – March 14, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Finn was walking out the door when Brody grabbed him.

Comment by FinchelForever – March 14, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes you’re wrong. Brody didn’t throw the first punch, Finn did. Just like he’ll do when he’s married to Rachel and she pisses him off for something silly, or goes out to have a drink with a friend and he locks her up in the basement.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • it feels like I shouldn’t have to point this out but Finn isn’t a real person. He doesn’t have the ability to take actions that aren’t written for him as part of the storyline. This idea that he is going to do this or that in the future is completely absurd. Because again- not an actual person.

Comment by murley – March 15, 2013 12:32 AM PDT
      • Brody was the one who grabbed Finn first. Open your eyes.

Comment by Julie – March 14, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Grabbing is the same as punching now? Somebody better warn Rachel so she doesn’t accidentally grab him the wrong way one day.

Comment by Mas – March 14, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Apparently punching something is Finn’s “reflex”, according to his fans. Let’s hope Rachel doesn’t marry him to test those “reflexes” herself!

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:25 PM PDT
          • you guys are aware this is a FICTIONAL television show right? these people and thier relationships aren’t real

Comment by Jude – March 14, 2013 10:18 PM PDT
          • @Jude its true its not real, but there are people who really look up to Finchel as an idolized relationship. (Which hopefully most of them will grow out of at some point)

Comment by Mandzie – March 15, 2013 04:25 PM PDT
      • “So hot? really? Unecessary and unprovoked violence is hot? Wonder what will happen to Rachel the first time she really pisses Finn off.” I have been predicting Finn to get mad and hit Rachel for a while! He has a temper and can not be trusted. The only good that would come from that would be revisiting domestic violence, but I doubt Glee wants to go there again. I am seriously worried that he would do something like that. Especially after he kissed Emma because he thinks that all woman can be calmed down by a kiss and then beating the crap out of his ex’s boyfriend. He ought to be arrested for that.

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God, I forgot everyone here is madly in love with Finn. He is the worst.

Comment by steve – March 14, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t love him at all. After this episode, I don’t even like him. He was really freaky this episode. Absolutely the worst.

Comment by Jax – March 14, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Finn is a well-loved character among those who can appreciate the real story that Glee is trying to tell. It’s unfortunate that you and your minions are unable to go beyond your hate for a fictional character and continue the hate mongering and character bashing. Get out and mingle with other people and learn how real people live and interact with one another.

Comment by Rita – March 14, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn’s why I don’t watch Glee anymore. Maybe a little bit of Schuester, too. But Finn blows.

Comment by xx – March 14, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn is the absolute worst character, and it’s so annoying to watch him get praised every episode (not in the comments but on the actual show). Leading ND is just a stupid story line that they needed to keep him on the show.

It’s especially infuriating when he genuinely insults people (eg. Calling Sue’s child the ‘R’ word) and getting praised for that by his fans. I mean, come on… I didn’t even hate him in the first 3 seasons, but in this season he is just a despicable person and just seems like he’s faking everything. Like he feels like he has no future in one episode and then takes complete control of New Directions in the next one.

Comment by kavyn – March 14, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know these are just bullet points, but I’m shocked you didn’t mention the whole “Rachel isn’t pregnant” thing.

Comment by John K. – March 14, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn more like the entire fandom! hahaha I just loved that fight scene. And now he’s in NY I hope he stays there! I can’t wait for 1)Finchel reunion and 2) Brody gone, now everyone find out (except Rachel) he’s not that fantastic person.

Comment by Julia – March 14, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope she dumps Brody and files a restraining order against Finn.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heartbreaker was beyond horrible. At least let someone with talent sing it if you’re going to use it. D for that song.

Comment by Tom – March 14, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that glee should move away from the Mckinley plot. Since Santana’s move to new york, the NYC side has been refreshing. She adds a humour to the episode that is needed and her dynamic with Rachel and Kurt is gold. Sue vs Blaine was funny. I am only interested in the current senior class at Mckinley. The newbies stuff is very cliche. Could Marley be anymore annoying. I really want her to have some type of character flaw. No one is that nice and perfect (although I did like the scene with Finn).

I wish Finn had a backbone against Mr. Shue. I like that Shue told Finn the truth, but there is so much that could be blaimed on Shue for the problems with Emma, like the fact he left her for his own selfish desire for self fulfillment.

I am glad that Finn has found a direction to move towards. I wish Rachel and Kurt were in th episode more.

Comment by lalala – March 14, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, Glee should have McKinley and NY. Otherwise what would be the point of calling Glee, Glee club is fun and the McKinley is fun. NY just became tolerable because some fans couldn’t stand Santana being out of the show so they brought her there.

Comment by July – March 14, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glee hasn’t been about the Glee club since season 2 lets be real its all about relationships now.

Comment by Amy – March 14, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ugh This! Newer fans somehow do not get this.

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did I miss something – Emma supported Will’s going to DC to help fight for funding for arts programs in schools – you know, like the GLEE club at McKinley. What the heck is selfish about wanting to help millions of kids across the country get desperately needed money for music programs?

Comment by Becca – March 14, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The Mckinley side needs to go immediately.

Comment by FinchelForever – March 14, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will left for a job opportunity, and Emma passionately supported that. I don’t get how that makes Will selfish.

Comment by Sara – March 15, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is pretty late in the commenting…but I’m pretty sure bulimia’s a character flaw. Sure she’s not going through it now, but she did. I don’t think I’d call that perfect either.

Comment by Esaul – December 10, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn/Cory was amazing in the last scene. Definitely one of my favorite episodes this season. I can’t wait until Rachel finds out the truth, and hopefully Brody will be gone for good.

Comment by Mady – March 14, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If the show made any sense at all, as soon as Rachel found out what a complete psycho he is, she would dump him permanently and look into getting a restraining order.

Comment by What is this relationship, twilight?!! – March 14, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you….Brody is a psycho!

Comment by Jennifer – March 14, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s talking about Finn.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m definitely talking about Finn.

Comment by What is this relationship, twilight?!! – March 14, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I would punch Brody If I were finn, also Let us remember that Brody started it.

Comment by Para – March 14, 2013 09:37 PM PDT
          • I love your choice of names for these posts.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – March 15, 2013 06:38 AM PDT
      • How is he a psycho? Brody grabbed him which is legally considered assualt. Finn punched him, defending himself. Brody threw the lamp, Brody tackled him, and, if you look closely, Brody thew Finn into the coffee table. Finn punched him once more and walked away. I’d do the same thing and I’m certainly no psycho.

Comment by Shane – March 14, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope she gets one on both of them. :3

Comment by Mandzie – March 15, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated every characters actions this episode. Mr. Schuester was whiny and being completly unreasonable–as if Emma called off the wedding because of Finn and their “kiss”, it was a multitiude of things, I didn’t get Mr. Schue’s behavior, he knows Finn doesn’t have feelings for Emma and he apologized. Like geez. Finn was too whiny too and the end “fight” scene with Brody was so unrelastic, breaking tables and knocking over furniture and no one is bleeding? Ok. Rachel’s character continues to deteriote every episode! The old Rcahel Berry would have gladly snooped with Santana about Brody. Speaking of Brody when is his last episode? I hate Marley and Jake together. I feel as if Ryder’s “catfish” buddy is Jake or Unique. The only mashup I liked was the NSYNC one and it was ruined by Schue acting like a silly schoolgirl in the end which confused me–didn’t before the music stopped he hugged and smiled at Finn? Then decides not to forgive him. Ok. Lastly, RIB where is Glee’s Mariah Carey tribute episode? It needs to happen.

Comment by Bobbie – March 14, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ooooooooh, we got a rebel here.

Comment by July – March 14, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You try being stood up at the altar by a runaway bride, and then go on and act reasonably. Maybe adult emotions are too complex for you?

Comment by Becca – March 14, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol. girl, bye. In the previous episode he “settled” things with Emma and they decided to start “over”. Mr. Schue was being unreasonable, as he had talked to Emma about the situation and should have been preparing to move on from the incident. But I guess since you’re so use to plot and character regression from Glee you have become immuned to it.

Comment by Bobbie – March 14, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Still very likely, and understandable, that residual feelings of being humiliated in front of friends and family when left at the altar, anger at the expense of the reception that didn’t really happen for the couple, having trust issues because of lies told by his first wife, and therefore when having trusted and supported someone who then turned around and kissed his bride-to-be, let all the complex feelings get the best of him.
          In a perfect world, maybe people don’t get jealous, move on from things instead of brooding about it for days on end, or lash out at someone they have to work with who kissed their bride, but that’s not realistic.

Agree with & had to laugh at your last comment!

Comment by Becca – March 14, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Shue Needs to be angry at some one, he is left at the alter in front of everyone after all.
            I agree with you

Comment by Para – March 14, 2013 09:39 PM PDT
  • Is anyone actually going to address the fact that Finn’s behavior is outrageous and borderline scary? He has a serious anger problem in that whenever he’s angry he physically lashes out. Kicking chairs, hitting people, and so on. That scene with Brody was so over the line. Punching Brody like that essentially unprovoked and then wailing on him? And how creepy was the “stay away from my future-wife” line. Seriously felt like I was watching a scene from a lifetime movie where the abusive ex-boyfriend is attacking the girl’s current guy. I would rather Rachel be with a whore than an angry, violent, and possessive Finn. In real life you’d be telling Rachel to runaway from Finn because he has potential abuser written all over him.

Comment by Jessica – March 14, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was just a desperate way to make people like him again for being such a douche in all seasons, which didn’t worked for me.

Comment by July – March 14, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All of this!!! I don’t even understand what this show was trying to do with and if they even pay any attention to the sort of message this kind of horrible relationship dynamic sends to the young, impressionable idiots who watch?

Comment by MTE – March 14, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are an idiot.

Comment by Amanda – March 14, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Such an well-thought response.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, yeah…it’s ok for her manwhore boyfriend to put her health at jeopardy by sleeping with numerous women for money without her knowledge, but not ok for the ex (whom she shares an unbroken connection) to defend her honor. If Rachel were my daughter, I would do worse than knock him around a little and give him a black eye.

Comment by Jennifer – March 14, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Defend her honor”, bitch please this ain’t the 60′s. Rachel can do that herself, she doesn’t need her creepy ex-boyfriend who insists she’s still his girlfriend to go and beat the sh*t out of that guy behind her back. And you should do some research about prostitutes, by the way.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe season 1 Rachel could have defended her own, but this RAchel…yeah no….

Comment by sureeee – March 18, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Without Santana’s call, Finn would not have gone to NY nor tried to warn Brody away from Rachel. So, I wouldn’t call him a possessive psycho since he’s willing to let Rachel experience life, even if it meant her being with other guys. As her friend, he is entitled to warn Brody away from Rachel – just as Santana did. As for the fight, Finn was walking away when Brody grabbed him

Comment by AngieD – March 14, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 1. Rachel and Finn aren’t connected anymore. Rachel moved on, and it’s pretty clear.

2. You really need to be careful around people if you think that it’s okay for someone to beat someone else up unprovoked like that. Did you actually watch the scene? Finn came right out of no where and told Brody, someone who is currently in a relationship with Rachel, to “leave tonight and never see Rachel again”. When Brody said he didn’t want to (a completely natural response to a threat like that), Finn BEAT HIM UP and told him to “stay away from my future wife”. That is PSYCHOTIC.

I’m not defending what Brody is doing at all, I think Rachel needs to kick him out of her life. But seriously Finn was WAY worse in this situation. Way, WAY worse.

Comment by kavyn – March 15, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Preach! I agree with everything you said.

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was remembered of Tommy Wiseau in The Room. “You are my future wife Rachel I love you so much.”

Comment by Marco – March 15, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t take the scene literally. I thought it was just Ryan Murphy throwing the hungry Finchel fantards some bait. When Finn said “my future wife”, the Finchellites sent shockwaves throughout the world as they orgasmed in unison, flailing in ecstasy as they once again got their assurance that Finchel is endgame.

Comment by whosays – March 16, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This comment is ridiculously accurate.

Comment by taylor – March 16, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lima and think NY is a bore most of the time with way too much drama (although Santana at least injects a little humor). This is a comedy, not a soap opera.

I hope “Katie” is really Sandy Ryerson! ;)

Comment by Heather – March 14, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I hope that “Katie” is Sandy Ryserson” Yes! My thoughts exactly!

Comment by Harmony – March 15, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn is an emotionally abusive, possessive, and violent asshole. How can anyone even think for a second that his actions are romantic and Finchel4life? Oh right, you have to be 16 and own the entire white collection of Twilight.

Comment by Aleb – March 14, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can you be so deluded? I mean really, are you even watching the same show?

Comment by Aaron – March 14, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dont waiste your time. They are trying REALLY HARD (the same ones) to find ways to hate on Finn, They dont care about Rachel or Santana´s effort to keep away Brody (the prostitute STD¨S carrier) from Rachel because in their deluded mind Rachel deserve Brody….yeah right

Comment by may – March 14, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t have to try hard, he gives me plenty of reasons to dislike him. Cory himself is a doll. That being said it’s not that Rachel “deserves” Brody. It’s that Rachel is an adult. An adult who can make her own decisions. She does not need Finn or Santana coming in an making the decisions for her, that is creepy and wrong and agency stealing. This is not friendship. This is not romantic. Rachel already told Finn once she can make her own decisions. Santana could have provided inalienable truth about Brody to Rachel, and RACHEL could have decided to either ditch Brody or not. Santana should not have called in Finn. Finn should have not assaulted Brody. Neither of them should have done this behind her back. I get that it’s a TV show and this is something that is used to move the storyline/drama forward but in doing so, for me at least, it takes away some of the back bone that Rachel has grown. That I find upsetting. Santana I know at least came from a misguided place of love, while Finn comes off as extremely creepy and possessive. Rachel deserves someone who doesn’t lie to her like Brody, and doesn’t make decisions for her like Finn. But eh, this is Glee I don’t expect good story telling.. or well.. good anything anymore… :/

Comment by Lizzie – March 15, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And also.. honestly… Santana could have gone Lima Heights Adjacent on Brody without Finn’s help. C’mon.

Comment by Lizzie – March 15, 2013 04:53 PM PDT
    • Could not agree more. It is really sad and scary to see how many people “love Finn” after this episode. It seriously sickens me that young girls think that is a guy they’d want to be in a relationship with. I work with partner violent men and victims of partner violence(I have a masters in psycholog) and Finn has all the stereotypical behaviors I see every day. So so sad. I wish Glee would realize this or at least people in the media (looking at you Slezak) and comment on it.

Comment by Jessica – March 14, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Perhaps you are over-thinking this. How many times has Finn raised his hand against Rachel? Because I cannot recall a single time. Santana tried to deal with the situation. Rachel threw her out and Brody ignored her. She wanted Brody gone and she needed someone to make that message clear to him. Finn went into that room to get Brody to leave. The man got caught red-handed and like the low life he is he asks Finn not to tell Rachel? Seriously? If Rachel was my sister I would not have been able to just walk away. But Finn did until Brody, still unrepentant, pulled him back. Finn reacted. As a psych major you should know that defending someone is not the same thing as being abusive. There is absolutely no merit to the accusation of Finn as a woman beater. There’s no evidence, no precedence and no substance to that charge. And I’m not saying this as a fan. I’ve never liked him. I think too many people here are projecting.

Comment by Ana – March 14, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Of course Glee realizes it. They just present it in a way that splits the audience. It’s a thing they do.

Comment by gabirol – March 15, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There can really be no other reason for someone to see that disgusting relationship, with Captain Freakshow Finn at the helm, as at all positive and desirable. Just awful.

Comment by Slate – March 14, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How To Be a Heartbreaker was the absolute worst, sorry. That scene couldn’t have been more off putting than it was. However, I’ll admit I would have liked it better if Cory Monteith would have had IWITW as a solo rather than having to duet with Schuester. In all honesty, the best part of this episode was seeing Finn take a stand and finally find his way. Brody needed to be taken down and I’m so glad Santana and Finn accomplished just that. I’m also intrigued to see who might be catfishing Ryder…my money is on Jake or Marley herself.

Comment by Steffi – March 14, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally loved Finn in this episode

Comment by Siren – March 14, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where was Brittany in this episode?????

Comment by Lynn – March 14, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay I was seriously wondering the same thing the WHOLE TIME!! I was thinking did Brit and Sugar take a vacation together this week?!

Comment by CultureVulture – March 14, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering it too!!! no Glee episode is the same without Heather Morris/Brittany!!! :((((

Comment by Tutty – March 17, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently the only way to make the audience prefer Finchel is to make Brody a giggolo. Hmm…Rachel, who would you choose? Creepy violent guy or walking STD magnet hooker.

Comment by H – March 14, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except that Brody bombed so badly that they had to shift his SL to get rid of him.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would still choose Brody, sadly.

Comment by Mas – March 14, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jesse St. James.. but that is a personal bias.. and hopefully he’s grown up a little

Comment by Mandzie – March 15, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it’s bc it was the only song I knew, but i really enjoyed the NSYNC/BSB number. And i also thought Katie was Unique (if you look in last scene there is someone who could be her sitting on the other side of the library). If this is a cat fishing plot tho, I’m glad they are letting Blake Jenner show off his acting chops.

Comment by Mel31602 – March 14, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • team finn all the way and finchel too… I LOVE Santana in these episodes!

Comment by vkaro21 – March 14, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was a truly awful episode, mostly because of Finn, Santana and Finn again.

Comment by Disgusted – March 14, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see more Kurt in the next episode! I’m honestly tired of the McKinley kids and hell, I LIKE Blaine…but give someone else a chance to shine! I did like Sue’s subtle dig at him about commitment (the break up, anyone?)

Next week should be cracky and fun.

Comment by rowan – March 14, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye bye bye Brody!

Comment by Para – March 14, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All these people are like, Finn is abusive. LOL Brody probably gave Rachel an STD that is so healthy right.

Comment by Finn rocks – March 14, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least we know Brody washes his balls. And being a prostitute does not automatically make you disease ridden you ignorant twat. He probably takes better care of his health than you or Finn does.

Comment by Idiot – March 14, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, how do we know that? And yes, sleeping with so many people in short spans of time makes you more likely to carry an STD. He had no right to keep this from Rachel.

Comment by FinchelForever – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, we know Finn does too ever since he got Emma’s pamphlet so…. Two potential boyfriends, both with clean balls and one’s a hooker. Tough choice.

Comment by Inigo – March 14, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t even judge Brody for what he was doing. We know nothing about his life or situation and this attempt by the show to just make us look at him and go ‘eww hooker’ and just judge him as an unworthy person despite how good he’s been otherwise, is really terrible and revolting in a lot of different ways. Lying to Rachel is really, really wrong, and that’s what I’m be upset about. But right now Finn and his disquieting possessiveness and unhinged, immature behavior, and Santana to a lesser degree, disgust me and came off far worse to me. If you have to go this to make Finn and Rachel a relationship worth rooting for, and still fail so abysmally… just give up.

Comment by Horrible – March 14, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, i can judge Brody. not necessarily for the “escort” job, but for the lying about it. if you’re doing something that you aren’t willing to own, that’s something you need to seriously think about. if you profess to love someone, but you won’t tell the truth about what you do when you’re not with her, there’s something wrong with A) your love, B) your job, C) you or D) all of the above. maybe, in some twisted reality, “escorting” is the only way he could make tuition (nobody waits tables anymore?) but if he’s gonna lie about it, he’s gonna get judged.

Not that Finn was 100% right, either. I hope Finchel can find happiness together, but they both have to mature a lot first.

Comment by broncfanwa – March 15, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of this line –> “Stay away from my future wife.” WTF? (umm, creep much Finn?).
    I love how protective Santana has become of Rachel and Kurt. It really shows how far their friendship has grown. LMAO best line: “My breasts ache with rage.” AHAHA
    This was the first episode in a while where I wasn’t annoyed/too bored with the Newbies.
    And I actually enjoyed most of the songs in this episode.
    Side note: I hope they let Santana sing Can’t Fight the Moonlight with her new Coyote Ugly job!

Comment by A – March 14, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The line you referred to “Stay away from my future wife” was in relation to the scene between Rachel and Finn in the wedding episode where he said to Rachel “we both know where this relationship is going to end up” I paraphrased it but mainly he said he knows they were going to be together again. He wasn’t being a creep, it was the writers way of reminding us of that scene.

Comment by Lyndsi – March 14, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I do remember that scene and I knew where the line was coming from but nevertheless I still found it creepy the way he said it. They’ve been broken up for a while and yes I know he still loves her but him saying “my future wife” like that was just creepy and awkward. She’s not even his girlfriend at the moment. If he said, “Stay away from her” or “Stay away from Rachel” I think that would have been better. “Stay away from ‘my future way’” came across to me as very possessive and weird.

Comment by A – March 14, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you screaming ‘Finn is abusive’ must have never been in an abusive relationship. Finn has never once been that way with Rachel in any way shape or form but because he hits a guy that lied to Rachel about what he was and put her at risk for STD’s, he a violent and abusive bully. I wonder how any of you would have liked the scene if it had been Jesse, Quinn or Puck that confronted him instead of Finn. Every last one of you are hypocrites.

Comment by Debra – March 14, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO AGREED with you.

Comment by may – March 14, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And what happens if one day he does get angry enough at Rachel? He has anger problems always has eventually when you get older you don’t answer problems with your fist.

Comment by Amy – March 14, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you realize this is a TV Show? There isnt a ” if one day” all the story are written by a group of man who want Finn and Rachel have an epic love story is not their problem if you can realize this is a fictional relationship.

Comment by xxxx – March 14, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you! Thinking this the entire time I’ve been reading the comments!

Comment by CultureVulture – March 14, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they just hate Finn for existing! no matter how many great things he does

Comment by MF – March 14, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “no matter how many great things he does” Which are none.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think he’s abusive, however, the way he told him to stay away from his “future wife” was creepy and weird.

Comment by A – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesse, Quinn nor Puck have anger issues. They would talk like normal human beings instead of punching someone because they held them by the coat, lmao. None of the three are enraged wild animals that have no control over their impulses.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, because smashing eggs on somebody’s head, slapping somebody because you lost your chance at being prom queen and pulling a knife is something wild animals would never do.

Comment by Inigo – March 14, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This. What even? I found his line a bit possessive, but everyone crying that he’s going to go all slasher on Rachel is a bit ridiculous. He’s never shown any signs of aggression towards her. In fact a lot of people point out that one of the flaws in their relationship is his tendency to walk away when things escalate without communicating with her.

Comment by Ross – March 14, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That we take a moment to reflect on how this show has turned their main character into a pathetic little girl who needs her friends and ex to make all the decisions for her.

Comment by Jess – March 14, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know what. I think that’s rather the point. Rachel is a pathetic little girl right now. She has been for a while. And that happens. Rachel is as lost as Finn, just in a different way. If people weren’t so obsessed with the idea that every character must have full agency at every moment of their lives, they might see the story that’s actually being told.

Comment by Inigo – March 14, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question to all the Finn haters: Would you really not punch Brody if you found out the ‘boyfriend’ of your high school sweetheart who you still deeply love is an escort? I would, I would because He is putting my true love in unbelievably high danger. Finn, no matter how immature he is, knows he loves her more than anything. I would punch the guy if I ever loved the girl. I really really would.

Comment by Para – March 14, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good episode for most characters. The mash ups were great, but the BSB/NSYNC was sublime! Second favorite was Ryder/Unique.
    Yeah, false alarm, Thank you RIB…no teenage Mama Rachel.
    Finn…You are finally growing up. Usually Glee never has Finn’s punches land….I am soooo happy they did this time. I can’t possibly imagine what it was like to film that scene, but the guys did great. Maybe a little over the top with the “future wife” line, but whatever…I loved Finn punching the lights out of Brody and we all know that he sees Rachel as his future!
    I did kind of (very small ) feel sorry for Brody when he was taking the money from the lady,(that’s the most emotion the character has shown all season) but whatever. To do that and have a girlfriend that he sleeps with and not be truthful, what an a**hole.

Comment by Terri – March 14, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn is such a sweetheart. he was defending his girl of that stupid asshole! i will be team finn and finchel all the way!

Comment by mili – March 14, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way, Does anyone think Kate Hudson paid Brody when She slept with him to spite Rachel?

Comment by Para – March 14, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, that “future wife” line was incredibly creepy. And the show’s sexism shines through once again, as we get Santana, instead of just, I don’t know, getting proof for Rachel so that she can make her own damn decisions, she calls Rachel’s big strong man (even if the foolish woman doesn’t acknowledge it) to fly hundreds of miles to beat up Brody. I’m sure we’re supposed to think Finn is a big hero, and that was a huge romantic gesture.

Comment by Sean C. – March 14, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly I really believe that Santana could have taken Brody out on her own. She didn’t really need Finn. I do agree that she should have gotten proof so Rachel could make her own decision.

Comment by Lizzie – March 15, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap Finn is a freaking psychotic stalker. Are you kidding me Glee?!!! Get a restraining order Rachel. Maybe change your name. Holy crud, this show jumped over so many sharks today.

Comment by Lainey – March 14, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear to god. Some of you people need to just stop. These comments get more and more ridiculous. It’s called bias. Everyone is using it here.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You speak the absolute truth

Comment by Shane – March 14, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW Brody was never going to confess. Hence why he begged Santana and Finn not to tell Rachel. The guy is a straight up tool

Comment by Finn rocks – March 14, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I weep for humanity at the people who are defending Brody. Really people take a good look at yourselves and ask yourself if you would be okay with a guy lying to your sister, best friend, ex girlfriend, first love….whatever. He is a male prostitute and has slept with several women while sleeping with Rachel. Really think about that.

Comment by Eileen – March 14, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. There are no excuses for Brody. Go out and get a real respectable job like everyone else who struggles to pay for school. Take out a loan. Figure something out. He’s a liar and a tool and I never want to see his face again after 4×17.

Comment by Julie – March 14, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • preach

Comment by L – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel had already said it was okay to have an “open relationship”, so merely sleeping with other women wouldn’t have been an issue. He was being dishonest about his job, and should have been called out on that. But that doesn’t give the creepy, possessive Finn license to beat him up to prove his manly dominance and assert his claim to Rachel.

Comment by Sean C. – March 14, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good lord! Since when is having an open relationship a license to get paid to have sex with multiple partners. There’s a name for that: prostitution. And it is illegal.

Comment by Ana – March 14, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If Rachel had to be honest to Brody about sleeping with Finn, then Brody should have been honest with Rachel as well.

Comment by Trouty Mouth – March 14, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not defending Brody. I think what he did to Rachel was terrible. It still doesn’t excuse Finn’s actions.

Comment by Paul – March 15, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Finn and Santana stuff. I just want Brody OFF MY TV. This season is so disappointing.

Comment by Hannah – March 14, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope they’ll cancel the graduates stories. this is Glee, not “college kid drama”. I’m starting to wonder if the show jumped the shark when it took focus off the Glee kids.

Comment by Jump the Shark – March 14, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Let them graduate! We can like the new kids if they give them a chance. I’ve been sick of Rachel since season 2. I want them to move on

Comment by zoot – March 14, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d be interested in the Lima stuff if the new kids weren’t so damn boring. And I’m so sick of Blee.

Comment by Trouty Mouth – March 14, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Finn so much. Thank god Brody is gone after next week. I may not necessarily have loved the “Stay away from my future wife” line, but the entire Finn/Brody confrontation was entertaining.

Comment by FinchelForever – March 14, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please people, I say good job Finn. Brody was a jerk you could tell from the very start. Finn cares about Rachel hence why he traveled to defend her from a guy that was perfectly happy lying to her.

Comment by Bryan – March 14, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea called Finn Rachel’s knight in shining armor. You are all irrelevant.

Comment by suckit – March 14, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, this is the best thing I’ve read on here.

Comment by FinchelForever – March 14, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lea’s PR team really need to lean a bit less hard on the cliches.

Comment by Biteme – March 15, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. Finn is the worst.

Comment by April – March 14, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Short and sweet and true. He’s just all around awful.

Comment by Mis – March 14, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Take this show off the air. Despicable writing.

Comment by Melinda – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn shows how you can mess with him, mess with his life, make fun of him, whatever…BUT don’t mess with Rachel Berry. I was disappointed at Will’s lack of maturity shown here. Maybe the story will prove he did it on purpose to “set him free” but it still is disappointing. Amazingly, this season the fight scenes on Glee have been fantastic. Finn/Will (although disturbing) and Ryder and Jake in Dynamic Duets were very realistically portrayed. Brody should have just let Finn leave. He got his a*s kicked Finn style and Finn rarely loses it so completely. Yes, Lea, Rachel’s knight in shining armor did indeed show up.

Comment by Jennifer – March 14, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure the Will/Finn “fight” was a fantasy sequence. That and the subsequent hug were in the characters’ heads.

Comment by Sara – March 15, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn remains the best part of this show. His character growth is unmatched (though Santana is finally getting close…) and he has the biggest heart of anyone on the show. Let’s not forget that he attempted to talk things out with Schue rather than going through with the “duel” and he also tried to walk away from Brody. In both instances, Finn took the high road. There are less intelligent portions of this fandom that rag on him no matter what he does. Those portions are best ignored, if you ask me. They twist every scene to fit their own agendas. Ignore them.

Comment by Aaron – March 14, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarious comment.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn was awful. He and Santana’s ridiculousness ended up making me somewhat more sympathetic toward Brody. And yeah I agree that Rachel should really look into getting a restraining order against Finn the psycho. Also, way to go Glee. You took Rachel’s story and made it about everyone but her.

Comment by Mis – March 14, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as I’m aware, Glee is just a TV show and all this ‘abusive’ chatter is ridiculous. Men fight and it’s not often pretty… I don’t remember there being any uproar/abusive talk when Quinn hit Rachel, or when Santana and Quinn fought, or when Puck and Finn fought, and the list goes on… Anyhow, I’m primarily a fan of Cory Monteith, and man oh man, he did a fine job tonight. he really makes Glee for me.

Comment by Daniel – March 14, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh. Quinn is not dating Rachel. Santana is not dating Quinn. And Puck is not dating Finn either. Of course you wouldn’t know the difference between the scenes. Finn has a bad temper. He acts aggressively over ANYTHING, kicks objects and loses it. He’s possessive towards Rachel even though she dumped him. “We’re endgame”. “You’re still my girlfriend”. “Stay away from my future wife”. Sorry, but possessiveness mixed with violence is not exactly the ingredient of the perfect boyfriend or husband. If you think that the guy who almost pushed a girl out of her wheelchair doesn’t have the gut to beat his own wife then I’m sorry for you – but this is an wife-beater or abusive husband on the making.

Comment by Dexterized – March 14, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finn wasn’t dating Puck. Finn wasn’t dating Quinn. Finn wasn’t dating Brody. Those are the three occasions when Finn resorted to physical action that I can recall. As for “over ANYTHING.” You really think 1) being betrayed and duped into responsibility for a child by his girlfriend and his best friend 2) being gulled by that same now ex girlfriend to abandon his current girlfriend to help the former manipulate people by playing at being a cripple to become prom queen (his perception – he only saw her standing up) and 3) discovering the love of his life is shacked up with a prostitute who is lying to her is appropriately described as just “anything?” If “anything,” his outbursts have had much stronger reasons than say not being elected prom queen (Quinn slapping Rachel) or not wanting someone to poop in your bathroom (Rachel throwing a hair brush). Puck, Quinn and Santana and others have all had violent outbursts. Have you described them as having bad tempers or as spouse-beaters or abusive partners in the making? I seriously doubt it.

Comment by Inigo – March 14, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except Finn is the only one whose violence the show continually presents as ‘right’ and justified by ‘love’.

Quinn slapping Rachel was a serious loss of control (also not just about losing Prom Queen) and she apologised immediately afterwards. Rachel throwing her hairbrush was indicative of the pressure and larger issues showing they weren’t ready for marriage.

Finn attacks Jesse at Prom because Rachel dares to have fun with a guy who isn’t him and then Finn gives Brody a beating because he touched him on the shoulder and it’s okay because he loves Rachel even though both times they aren’t together? No, it’s possessive and creepy.

Comment by Paul – March 15, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How is it presented as right? Understandable? For many, yes, but understanding a character’s motivation is not the same as condoning it. Right? No. There was nothing right about Finn lashing out at Brody “because he touched him on the shoulder” (in fact, Brody grabbed Finn by the jacket and pulled him back but I’m tired of expecting people to use what’s actually on screen when it comes to Finn). Finn had a loss of control in an episode where he was subjected to pressure and larger issues. If that makes Finn abusive, then Quinn, Rachel and the others are no less so.

Comment by Inigo – March 15, 2013 10:49 AM PDT
    • Context is key. In none of the examples you listed does the narrative portray the person who instigated the violence as in the right. Plus Finn put Brody through a table, this wasn’t some minor scuffle this was serious criminal battery.

Comment by Paul – March 15, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Finn in every part of tonights episode. The “abusive” comments are over the top. Sticking up for someone you love is not abusive. I have not watched much of season 4 ( watched all of 1-3), have never seen Finn be abusive to Rachel. A immature teenage boy, yes. Abusive, no. BTW Cory Monteith was awesome!

Comment by amg – March 14, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He didn’t stand up for someone you love. He was reclaiming his thing (note how he didn’t say ‘Rachel’ but a Tommy Wiseau-esque ‘MY future wife’). Brody might be a prostitute and hasn’t told Rachel out of shame or w/e, but Finn and Santana were AWFUL people in this episode. Santana has been since she showed up last episode. Rummaging through her friends’ stuff, trying to hurt their new significant others with mentions of their former ones (especially undobtedly emotionally abusive asshat Blaine), then launching into a shaming AT THE PERSON’S PLACE OF WORK, not to mention CALLING SOMEONE TO BEAT UP ON SAID PERSON… WTF Santana.

Comment by Marco – March 15, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post