Scandal Casting: Fringe's Jasika Nicole to Guest!

Get More: Casting News

Jasika Nicole Scandal Cast Season 2Jasika Nicole is heading to the alt-universe that is Shondaland.

In her first post-Fringe TV gig, the actress has landed a guest stint on ABC’s Scandal, series creator Shonda Rhimes announced on Twitter late Wednesday.

RELATED | Scandal Exclusive: Mad Men Actress Cast as Hollis Wife!

Nicole will appear in this season’s 19th episode, which is slated to air in April.

RELATED | Exclusive: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson Likely to Skip 2013 Pilot Season

Rhimes did not provide any information about her character, but the EP did note that the casting, “makes me go totally fan-girl with excitement!”

Comments (48)

• Waiting for Anna Torv news

Comment by Sandy – March 13, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too … but that’s good for Jasika , i hope she doesn’t disappear

Comment by joão (@joaotc) – March 13, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well, not too much of fan of Jasika after her complaining about her role on tumblr. That’s not cool and its unprofessional

Comment by Sandy – March 13, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s allowed to complain about the certain aspects she was uncomfortable with, her entire post had very valid reasons about what issues she did have and why. It’s perfectly acceptable, because some of the things I wasn’t aware were problematic and she made me understand. Not everything is 100% shiny happy perfect just because you deem it so from an outside perspective. Jasika, as a woman of color in the business, has enough trouble as it is without people complaining about her right to voice her opinion on her blog about her role on her show.

Comment by jane – March 13, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Can you post a link to that?

Comment by Teag – March 14, 2013 03:12 AM PDT
          • Yes, please post a link! I don’t have a Tumblr account, but would absolutely love to read her post. I would be very grateful :)

And if you do get a chance to post the link then I just want to say thank you :) Just in case I can’t find this spot again haha

Comment by SallyW – March 26, 2013 10:50 PM PDT
    • Right cause nobody else but Anna freakin torv is allowed to find work. Anna torv fans, just go away. You hate everyone.

Comment by Yunobuni – March 13, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In fact, go away SANDY. You are a spiteful Anna torv who could care less about anybody but her.

Comment by Yunobuni – March 13, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Patty,what the hell are you doing here, you to stop of annoying to Anna and her fans and now, her new victim, michelle williams, they aren’t to blame by Josh’s career

Comment by Fabi – March 14, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Speak proper English and secondly, Anna fans criticize everyone and hate on them. If it had been jasika being focused on, Anna fans would have complained about that, too.

Comment by Yunobini – March 14, 2013 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • … I have no idea who this Anna Torv woman is, but it seems like her fans are quite tacky.

Comment by theOtherMonique – March 13, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They really are.

Comment by Sam – March 13, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love how people group everyone together based on the actions of a few. :/

Comment by Maze3 – March 13, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is the problem with Anna Torv fans, even the “good” ones: they are constantly showing up in droves on any Fringe-related subject and trying to steer the conversation to their favorite.
          For some reason, Anna Torv has attracted a lot of bratty teenage girls (or grown women with the emotional maturity of teenage girls). It’s immature behavior, and yes, I will lump you in with it as well because you are clogging up space being defensive. Just… be quiet, go away and stop taking up space in topics that have nothing to do with Anna. Okay?

To bring the topic back to where it should be – I knew Jasika wouldn’t stay off screen for long! This is a great start for her. Hopefully she’ll be on a new series this time next year.

Comment by Hana – March 14, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I guess the same goes for the mega famous Joshua Jackson troll,that hogs every single Fringe related article.Like here for example.

Comment by Thomas – March 14, 2013 06:42 AM PDT
          • I hogged this site? LOL. Last time I checked the very first post was “waiting for Anna Torv news” by sandy. I didn’t even mention Joshua Jackson so yeah. Learn to read.

Comment by Yunobuni – March 14, 2013 08:04 AM PDT
  • This actress better have her own series soon now that FRINGE is already gone.

Comment by Tran – March 13, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent!

Comment by Alichat – March 13, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyways, congrats to jasika.

Comment by Yunobuni – March 13, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Jasika dislikes you Yunobuni (Patty). In fact, last summer she had to ban you from her tumblr, because you were harassing her (16th and 17th of July). And now you are congratulating her? LMAO.

Comment by Gary – March 14, 2013 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s like my two favorite worlds collided and made something amazing…

Comment by chi – March 13, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! Jasika! I love her. She is a fab actress. I hope she will have an arc on Scandal. Just amazing actress.

Comment by JO – March 13, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are Anna Torv fans so whiny and immature that they need to crash a great news post about another actress? Grow up. The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Comment by Hana – March 13, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Again i love how people group everyone together based on the actions of a few. :/

Comment by Maze3 – March 13, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I am really excited. I always wanted her to have more of a role on Fringe. Glad she’s heading to Shondaland.

Comment by mzteaze – March 13, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This! Great news. Hope it was a recurring role tho. Wait for more Fringe actors to guest on Grey’s and or Scandal. Shonda has gotten into Fringe and she loves it.

Comment by shuayb – March 13, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, Jasika! For us fans of Fringe, you already demonstrated his great talent as an actress, now we watch it in other universes, where you will certainly shine!

Comment by Zepp OnAir – March 13, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to see her again so soon! She was the most talented actress on Fringe and I adored Astrid. She needs her own show asap!

Comment by Sam – March 13, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news for Jasika.

Comment by Maze3 – March 13, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the entire cast of Fringe right down to gene the cow. I am happy for any actors from that series getting a part on a popular show. Jasika was underused on Fringe. I don’t see why this board became a Anna vs. Jasika contest. Both are wonderful actresses who deserve success.

Comment by krystan – March 14, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • + 1

Comment by Maze3 – March 14, 2013 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t say Jasika was underused on Fringe, but they always left us (me, anyway) wanting more. Now, thanks to Scandal, we get a little more. I’ll watch her in anything! :-)

Comment by TV Gord – March 14, 2013 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news! I always thought that Jasika and Astrid were underused on “Fringe” especially in the final season. I’ll be thrilled to see her show up on “Scandal.”

Comment by Marceline (@MsMarceline) – March 14, 2013 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Folks, both Anna and Josh said they are sitting out pilot season cause they wanted to have a breather. I wouldn’t expect to hear about their next roles for awhile. Congrats to Jasika!! Don’t watch Scandal but will be DVRing this. I loved her role on Fringe but like someone else said, I was always left wanting more (same for Broyles and Nina). Damn I miss Fringe!!

Comment by GG – March 14, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I always enjoyed the interaction between Astrid and Walter. I will be happy to see her on Scandal!

Comment by Jake – March 14, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news. Anna Torv and all her die-hard fans are just tools. Jumps in and out of a marriage, all within a few months, with one of her Fringe co-stars. What kind of head does she have screwed onto her shoulders? Go back to Australia!

Comment by Bob – March 14, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow what a spiteful and nasty comment.
      stop sniffing glue and go back to your momma’s basement bobby boy.

Comment by Frank – March 14, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here we go again with the horrible insulting comments about the actors and their fans. The only answer I can come up with is that you’re a loser with nothing meaningful in your life to boost your sense of self worth. Or, to summmarize, haters gonna hate.

Comment by coil – March 14, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, you Fringe fans are . . . intense. I loved Astrid and I’m looking forward to her showing up dealing with another Olivia! This is suppose to be a very emotional episode, everyone at the table read was crying yesterday, so it looks like Jasika picked the right episode to be in.

Comment by anon – March 14, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see you Jasika. :D

Comment by coil – March 14, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it unfair that you people call all Anna Torv fans as whiny, immature etc. We are not all that way. Just pointing it out. Nevertheless, i’m a fringe fan as well and i think that Jasika was amazing in Fringe and I can’t wait to see her in Scandal.

Comment by oliver – March 14, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to Jasika!

Comment by KD – March 14, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Topic: I see enough of a resemblance…could Liv have a sister???!!! That would be fantastic! Best, Jasika.

Comment by David – March 14, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I REALLY hope not. This character needs to be in and out. There are already too many characters on Scandal that we have to worry about already. Hopefully the characters at Pope and Associates don’t start losing lines. I think it is time for Harrison to get his Quinn/Abby quality storyline. I hope Jasika is more related to Harrison than Olivia. A good Harrison story. Olivia has enough going on as it is, imho, but who knows!

Comment by theOtherMonique – March 16, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure why my comment was deleted. I wanted to know what the show fringe was about. I’ve honestly never seen it so I’m a bit out of the loop with the other commentators.

Comment by Truth – March 14, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your site in internet explorer, could check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a big component of other people will miss your wonderful writing due to this problem.

Comment by lemon law san diego – April 18, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post