Scandal Casting: Fringe's Jasika Nicole to Guest!

Jasika Nicole Scandal Cast Season 2Jasika Nicole is heading to the alt-universe that is Shondaland.

In her first post-Fringe TV gig, the actress has landed a guest stint on ABC’s Scandal, series creator Shonda Rhimes announced on Twitter late Wednesday.

RELATED | Scandal Exclusive: Mad Men Actress Cast as Hollis Wife!

Nicole will appear in this season’s 19th episode, which is slated to air in April.

RELATED | Exclusive: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson Likely to Skip 2013 Pilot Season

Rhimes did not provide any information about her character, but the EP did note that the casting, “makes me go totally fan-girl with excitement!”

1. Sandy says:

Waiting for Anna Torv news

• me too … but that’s good for Jasika , i hope she doesn’t disappear

• Sandy says:

well, not too much of fan of Jasika after her complaining about her role on tumblr. That’s not cool and its unprofessional

• jane says:

She’s allowed to complain about the certain aspects she was uncomfortable with, her entire post had very valid reasons about what issues she did have and why. It’s perfectly acceptable, because some of the things I wasn’t aware were problematic and she made me understand. Not everything is 100% shiny happy perfect just because you deem it so from an outside perspective. Jasika, as a woman of color in the business, has enough trouble as it is without people complaining about her right to voice her opinion on her blog about her role on her show.

• Teag says:

Can you post a link to that?

• SallyW says:

Yes, please post a link! I don’t have a Tumblr account, but would absolutely love to read her post. I would be very grateful :)

And if you do get a chance to post the link then I just want to say thank you :) Just in case I can’t find this spot again haha

• Yunobuni says:

Right cause nobody else but Anna freakin torv is allowed to find work. Anna torv fans, just go away. You hate everyone.

• Yunobuni says:

In fact, go away SANDY. You are a spiteful Anna torv who could care less about anybody but her.

• Fabi says:

Patty,what the hell are you doing here, you to stop of annoying to Anna and her fans and now, her new victim, michelle williams, they aren’t to blame by Josh’s career

• Yunobini says:

Speak proper English and secondly, Anna fans criticize everyone and hate on them. If it had been jasika being focused on, Anna fans would have complained about that, too.

• theOtherMonique says:

… I have no idea who this Anna Torv woman is, but it seems like her fans are quite tacky.

• Sam says:

They really are.

• Maze3 says:

I love how people group everyone together based on the actions of a few. :/

• Hana says:

This is the problem with Anna Torv fans, even the “good” ones: they are constantly showing up in droves on any Fringe-related subject and trying to steer the conversation to their favorite.
          For some reason, Anna Torv has attracted a lot of bratty teenage girls (or grown women with the emotional maturity of teenage girls). It’s immature behavior, and yes, I will lump you in with it as well because you are clogging up space being defensive. Just… be quiet, go away and stop taking up space in topics that have nothing to do with Anna. Okay?

To bring the topic back to where it should be – I knew Jasika wouldn’t stay off screen for long! This is a great start for her. Hopefully she’ll be on a new series this time next year.

• Thomas says:

I guess the same goes for the mega famous Joshua Jackson troll,that hogs every single Fringe related article.Like here for example.

• Yunobuni says:

I hogged this site? LOL. Last time I checked the very first post was “waiting for Anna Torv news” by sandy. I didn’t even mention Joshua Jackson so yeah. Learn to read.

2. Tran says:

This actress better have her own series soon now that FRINGE is already gone.

3. Alichat says:

Excellent!

4. Yunobuni says:

Anyways, congrats to jasika.

• Gary says:

But Jasika dislikes you Yunobuni (Patty). In fact, last summer she had to ban you from her tumblr, because you were harassing her (16th and 17th of July). And now you are congratulating her? LMAO.

5. chi says:

It’s like my two favorite worlds collided and made something amazing…

6. JO says:

OMG!! Jasika! I love her. She is a fab actress. I hope she will have an arc on Scandal. Just amazing actress.

7. Hana says:

Why are Anna Torv fans so whiny and immature that they need to crash a great news post about another actress? Grow up. The world doesn’t revolve around you.

8. mzteaze says:

Now I am really excited. I always wanted her to have more of a role on Fringe. Glad she’s heading to Shondaland.

9. shuayb says:

This! Great news. Hope it was a recurring role tho. Wait for more Fringe actors to guest on Grey’s and or Scandal. Shonda has gotten into Fringe and she loves it.

10. Zepp OnAir says:

Great news, Jasika! For us fans of Fringe, you already demonstrated his great talent as an actress, now we watch it in other universes, where you will certainly shine!

11. Sam says:

I’m so happy to see her again so soon! She was the most talented actress on Fringe and I adored Astrid. She needs her own show asap!

12. Maze3 says:

Wonderful news for Jasika.

13. krystan says:

I love the entire cast of Fringe right down to gene the cow. I am happy for any actors from that series getting a part on a popular show. Jasika was underused on Fringe. I don’t see why this board became a Anna vs. Jasika contest. Both are wonderful actresses who deserve success.

14. Wonderful news! I always thought that Jasika and Astrid were underused on “Fringe” especially in the final season. I’ll be thrilled to see her show up on “Scandal.”

15. GG says:

Folks, both Anna and Josh said they are sitting out pilot season cause they wanted to have a breather. I wouldn’t expect to hear about their next roles for awhile. Congrats to Jasika!! Don’t watch Scandal but will be DVRing this. I loved her role on Fringe but like someone else said, I was always left wanting more (same for Broyles and Nina). Damn I miss Fringe!!

16. Jake says:

I agree. I always enjoyed the interaction between Astrid and Walter. I will be happy to see her on Scandal!

17. Bob says:

Good news. Anna Torv and all her die-hard fans are just tools. Jumps in and out of a marriage, all within a few months, with one of her Fringe co-stars. What kind of head does she have screwed onto her shoulders? Go back to Australia!

• Frank says:

wow what a spiteful and nasty comment.
      stop sniffing glue and go back to your momma’s basement bobby boy.

• coil says:

Here we go again with the horrible insulting comments about the actors and their fans. The only answer I can come up with is that you’re a loser with nothing meaningful in your life to boost your sense of self worth. Or, to summmarize, haters gonna hate.

18. anon says:

Wow, you Fringe fans are . . . intense. I loved Astrid and I’m looking forward to her showing up dealing with another Olivia! This is suppose to be a very emotional episode, everyone at the table read was crying yesterday, so it looks like Jasika picked the right episode to be in.

19. coil says:

Can’t wait to see you Jasika. :D

20. oliver says:

I find it unfair that you people call all Anna Torv fans as whiny, immature etc. We are not all that way. Just pointing it out. Nevertheless, i’m a fringe fan as well and i think that Jasika was amazing in Fringe and I can’t wait to see her in Scandal.

21. KD says:

Congrats to Jasika!

22. David says:

On Topic: I see enough of a resemblance…could Liv have a sister???!!! That would be fantastic! Best, Jasika.

• theOtherMonique says:

I REALLY hope not. This character needs to be in and out. There are already too many characters on Scandal that we have to worry about already. Hopefully the characters at Pope and Associates don’t start losing lines. I think it is time for Harrison to get his Quinn/Abby quality storyline. I hope Jasika is more related to Harrison than Olivia. A good Harrison story. Olivia has enough going on as it is, imho, but who knows!

23. Truth says:

I’m not sure why my comment was deleted. I wanted to know what the show fringe was about. I’ve honestly never seen it so I’m a bit out of the loop with the other commentators.

24. Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your site in internet explorer, could check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a big component of other people will miss your wonderful writing due to this problem.