Exclusive

Mad Men First Look Photos: The Season 6 Cast Dresses for (Stunning) Success

Make like Don Draper and have your secretary hold your calls, because you’re gonna want to devote all of your attention to this striking sneak peek at Mad Men‘s upcoming sixth season.

RELATED | Mad Men Season 6 Poster Clones Don Draper! Plus — Who’s the Mystery Woman?

The gallery below showcases members of the AMC drama’s cast — including Jon HammElisabeth MossChristina Hendricks and John Slattery — at their sleek, sexy best. Some of the photos are black-and-white gallery pics; others, like this stunner, are vibrant party shots that jibe with the most recent promo.

madmen watermark joan men

(We don’t know about you, but those get-ups make us very willing to buy anything Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce is selling.)

Click through the extensive gallery below, then hit the comments: What sort of ad-world intrigue do you think Mad Men‘s upcoming season — which bows April 7 with a two-hour premiere (9/8c) — has in store?

1. D. says:

Say what you want, I love January Jones’ character and i hope we see her more this season. Along with Peggy, obviously.

• april-ann says:

Totally with you on that. I love Betty. We didn’t see enough of Betty or Peggy last season and I really miss both. By the way, Betty looks just beautiful.

• Mother trucker says:

I like watching Mad Man on demand so I can ff through the Betty Draper parts. I liked when she was going crazy not being fat

• crystle says:

Disappointed in these photos. All the same angle and bland coloring. 60’s was the height of film but some contrast on there already! At least attempt to resemble film.

2. Jen says:

I watched the entire series, seasons 1-5 in two months time. I cannot wait for seasons 6 to start!

3. Amanda says:

Loving the pics and can’t wait for season 6 to start!!! The fashions in this totally remind me of “Dark Shadows” and pics of celebs from 67 and 68. I’m really excited to see what happens this season!!!

4. Eric says:

I’m a huge fan of January Jones, and hope we do see more of Betty this season!!! And why can’t Christina Hendricks wear dresses like that blue on the red carpet??? She would knock them dead everytime!!!

5. Louie says:

Wow! Christina Hendricks is absolutely STUNNING in that blue dress! If she wasn’t standing next to the ever-dapper Jon Hamm, I might have gone straight for her

6. Nick says:

Everyone looks stunning, what a good looking cast! It may just be me, or maybe just the dress or the way she is standing, but does Meghan look like she may be pregnant to anyone else?

7. ggny says:

Dear every other show on TV. This is how you do a cast photo with all of the actors/actress on the show not just the leader characters. People care about the supporting also

8. Stan 'No I'm not going to wear a tie' Rizzo says:

Thin Betty is back.

9. Johnny Hands says:

So are these photos from a scene in a Season 6 episode – or strictly a promo shot? If it’s a scene from the show, what occasion would necessitate both Betty/Henry, Megan/Don and kids, dressed formally, being at the same gathering (second photo from top with all of them together)?

10. perkiomen says:

Please please make this show go away. Along with Girls its the most overhyped show on TV. No characters to care about, all it really is is a well written show about the fashion of the era. The first season was decent. Now its crap

• Bender says:

This show is completely character driven, the era is the secondary cast member. Go back to watching your reality show crap.

• Angel says:

Make the show go away? Are you being held hostage and forced to watch it? If not, change the channel and shut up.

• Rosefolly says:

Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it? There are many television shows I dislike. I don’t watch those programs. Others do, so why would I want to spoil their pleasure?

11. Maya says:

Photo no. 16 Don and Megan’s lovely pose reminds me of the 1960s/70s illustrated covers of Mills and Boon romance novels. That particular photo is absolutely very striking and other pictures too look amazing.

12. re says:

The photos of Don and Megan are so cheesy. And why do Don and Joan have their own photo? They better not have an affair!

• Victoria Hannah says:

Maybe they won’t have an affair. With Cooper becoming the absentee “old Man” (referenced by the way he hardly showed up for board meetings last year). With Sterling going off on his own and not caring about the firm too much (because he’s not the “star” of the firm anymore…Don and Pete are). With Pete just on the rise. Maybe Joan and Don will become THE faces for SCDP (or will it be now with Pryce’s Death…SCDH–Sterling Cooper Draper Harris???, or SCDC…Sterling Cooper Draper Campbell???)

13. Lori says:

I can’t wait for the season premier!! I like Megan and hope she and Don stay together. And, for the record, I think the “Affair of the Season” refers to that high-brow party they are attending. The question is what is the occassion?!

14. Kay says:

Damn, Cooper is still alive? I foresee him dying by the end of the series. Look at Sally giving that annoyed, over it teenage look.

15. Em says:

More Peggy and Joan! Less Megan…a lot less.

16. janet says:

Joan looks amazing … Divorce becomes her.
    Megan def. Looks preggers … Look at the angle of of her belly in the pic of her and Betty alone – it wld kill Betty for Megan to hv a child and look so darn good while doing it. (Megan’s hair is frightening though ….)

• Heather says:

I thought the same thing. Megan’s hair looks like a bird nested in it! Joan stunning as always and Peggy has really come into her own. I have been rewatching West Wing reruns and it is amazing how that girl has grown as an actress since her Zoey Bartlett days.

17. Butters says:

Oh my god, Meghan looks just like my Mom did in 67-68. I guess they got hair, make up and costumes just right.

18. anna says:

The fashion back then was so horrible! I wish Megan would leave the show. Henry looks so old now, maybe he’s going to die this season.

19. DanielleZ says:

What happened to Pete? He looks like he’s put on a few pounds. But the pics look great. Can’t wait for Season 6.

20. kevinc says:

i wish alexis bledel will recurr

21. Rizza says:

Move over Megan… Ice Queen Betty will be back more this season!!!

• Blossom says:

Indeed! Can’t wait to see more of the “original” Mrs. Draper!!! I hope she putsthis Megan where she belongs— out of Madison Ave.

22. kyblue says:

Pete’s receding hairline & sideburns! And Stan’s beard! :) Loving the MM guys this season!

• Marce says:

yes, Stan’s beard! Can’t wait to see what is going on with his character now….a beard? Very interesting.

23. The pictures are absolutely stunning, I can’t wait for the new season to start. I must say I’m happy to see viewers rallying around Betty. It would be nice to see more of her and Peggy this time around.

24. Heather P says:

Considering last season’s tragedy, is the name of the firm still Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce?

25. cmc8290 says:

I miss the Betty/Don storyline, I really can’t stand Megan!! Her relationship with Don seems so forced. I hope we get to see more of the supporting characters (especially Betty and Peggy) this season, I have missed them! I wonder what kind of shenanigans miss Sally Draper will find herself in this time around!

• Brenda says:

I agree with you. Hoping unhappy Betty Francis catches Don’s eye and makes life a little less perfect for Megan this season.

• cmc8290 says:

The way season 5 ended by alluding to the “old” Don Draper, I am really hoping he goes back to his sneaky ways… only with Betty behind Megan’s back! I don’t encourage infidelity but those are two storylines (old Don and Betty/Don) that I have greatly missed!

26. Tam says:

Sally is my favorite character

27. Megan looks like Elvira mistress of the Dark with that hair!

28. Girlygirl9 says:

I miss the older Mad Men seasons and hate that it’s going to the late 60s/early 70s. The show was made for the late 50s and I cannot stand the fashion here. My hope is that Betty goes AWOL and has a breakthrough (or breakdown) and goes total hippie…long hair and and bohemian. If she can let go of her controlling nature, I see this as a great way for her to finally let loose.

29. Melissa says:

I can’t wait!! Love Peggy’s dress. It is amazing how these characters come alive in their wardrobe!! Betty is looking more and more “picture perfect”. !

30. Brian says:

Seriously think that Joan and Don are going to have an affair, hence the “affair of the season”. The chemistry has always been there for them. This will create conflict between Don and Roger.

• Brenda says:

Joan is too smart to get involved with Don. That would be a step backwards for her and she knows it. She needs to find a husband and father for her son. Don is not that guy.

31. Mad Mel says:

Lots of comments on Megan and Betty, but I think Peggy looks FABULOUS. She’s never looked better and I want that geometric dress she’s wearing!

32. Miller says:

I hope Peggy comes back to SCDP as she’s one of my favorites. I adore the scenes with her and Don. I watched “The Suitcase” (S. 4 E. 7) once again and I’m still blown away by their performances particularly sharing a scene. Undoubtedly my favorite episode. Bring on season 6!!

33. Shon says:

Megan needs to go! Just my opinion

34. grin and bear it says:

What’s up with the Draper boys? Sally looks to be older, but the boys look like they’re regressing in age. Gene looks like he’s one or two, and Bobby looks to be the same age he’s been for the last three years. And I agree, Megan can go now.

35. ingrid says:

Christina Hendricks looks like a swollen boil that needs to be popped.

36. Linda says:

Is that another new Bobby? That’s some big hair on Meghan. Everyone looks great.

37. mrusc96 says:

Reblogged this on Life…Camera…ACTION!!! and commented:
    MAD MEN COUNTDOWN BABY!!!

38. Kelly says:

Apart from the shot of Joan (slammin’ dress!) with the boys on the staircase, I find the rest of the “party” pics to be a bit creepy: Megan looks ghoulish in her makeup, everyone is unhappy, Peggy looks threatening, the un-aging Draper boys….it’s all just too off-putting. I do love the show though.

39. Mickey says:

Jessica Pare —- *gulp*

Only the most… beautiful… woman… alive… ever.

40. Desiree says:

Don and Megan will be prototype power couple
    Betty is going to be disturbed by a sexual awakening that Henry is too old to handle
    what was wrong with the old Bobby and kids grow quickly–why’s Gene still a baby?
    Trudy moves back to the city with Pete
    Joan won’t marry Roger; or sleep with Don
    Peggy will freelance for SCDP
    Ginsberg will be a rock star in the business

41. rl1856 says:

What type of event could bring everyone together? If Henry is still working for Mayor Lindsey than it could be a high profile NYC event to honor a program that SCDH (H stands for Harris) was involved in. Just a guess.

And Joan looks STUNNING !!!

42. Damn you guys look great! I don’t remember the sixties ever looking this good. I hope it gets a bit more like the first four series though, it seems to be losing itself a bit & why is it not SterlingCooperDraper, now they’ve dropped the pryce a bit?

43. JKinLA says:

I’m just waiting for angry and repressed little Sally Draper to get all swept up in the Civil Rights movement. I’m already imagining Don and Betty watching her burn her bra on TV.

44. costumes says:

What’s up to every one, as I am very eager to read this web site’s posts when updated regularly. It includes nice info and well presented

45. Spencer says:

Making Connections   The internet enabled a company to instantly make available its goods or services too its customer.
    If you are new, internet marketing affiliate program is the answer.
    I have experienced both, a storefront type business and also a home based business.