Mad Men First Look Photos: The Season 6 Cast Dresses for (Stunning) Success

Make like Don Draper and have your secretary hold your calls, because you’re gonna want to devote all of your attention to this striking sneak peek at Mad Men‘s upcoming sixth season.

RELATED | Mad Men Season 6 Poster Clones Don Draper! Plus — Who’s the Mystery Woman?

The gallery below showcases members of the AMC drama’s cast — including Jon HammElisabeth MossChristina Hendricks and John Slattery — at their sleek, sexy best. Some of the photos are black-and-white gallery pics; others, like this stunner, are vibrant party shots that jibe with the most recent promo.

madmen watermark joan men

(We don’t know about you, but those get-ups make us very willing to buy anything Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce is selling.)

Click through the extensive gallery below, then hit the comments: What sort of ad-world intrigue do you think Mad Men‘s upcoming season — which bows April 7 with a two-hour premiere (9/8c) — has in store?

Tags: ,

Comments (70)

• Say what you want, I love January Jones’ character and i hope we see her more this season. Along with Peggy, obviously.

Comment by D. – March 13, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally with you on that. I love Betty. We didn’t see enough of Betty or Peggy last season and I really miss both. By the way, Betty looks just beautiful.

Comment by april-ann – March 13, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like watching Mad Man on demand so I can ff through the Betty Draper parts. I liked when she was going crazy not being fat

Comment by Mother trucker – March 14, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disappointed in these photos. All the same angle and bland coloring. 60′s was the height of film but some contrast on there already! At least attempt to resemble film.

Comment by crystle – March 14, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the entire series, seasons 1-5 in two months time. I cannot wait for seasons 6 to start!

Comment by Jen – March 13, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I must have more time on my hands I watched 1-5 in 2 weeks, yikes I need to get a life!

Comment by Grace – March 14, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did the same thing! Can’t wait for new episodes!

Comment by Kim – March 14, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving the pics and can’t wait for season 6 to start!!! The fashions in this totally remind me of “Dark Shadows” and pics of celebs from 67 and 68. I’m really excited to see what happens this season!!!

Comment by Amanda – March 13, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a huge fan of January Jones, and hope we do see more of Betty this season!!! And why can’t Christina Hendricks wear dresses like that blue on the red carpet??? She would knock them dead everytime!!!

Comment by Eric – March 13, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Christina Hendricks is absolutely STUNNING in that blue dress! If she wasn’t standing next to the ever-dapper Jon Hamm, I might have gone straight for her

Comment by Louie – March 13, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone looks stunning, what a good looking cast! It may just be me, or maybe just the dress or the way she is standing, but does Meghan look like she may be pregnant to anyone else?

Comment by Nick – March 13, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • empire waist gowns make everyone look pregnant.

Comment by re – March 13, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear every other show on TV. This is how you do a cast photo with all of the actors/actress on the show not just the leader characters. People care about the supporting also

Comment by ggny – March 13, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS^^^ Especially with MM—the supporting players are the most interesting to me. <3 Trudy!!!

Comment by Strict – March 15, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thin Betty is back.

Comment by Stan 'No I'm not going to wear a tie' Rizzo – March 13, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Betty was thin in last season’s promo shots too. You never know!

Comment by Emily – March 13, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, they said thin Betty was back.

Comment by rowan77 – March 13, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and apparently thin Betty is not a happy Betty. No one smiles in these pics, but especially her family!

Comment by Kjess – March 13, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Betty is peeved that her full skirted tiny waisted dresses are being replaced!

Comment by AF – March 14, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So are these photos from a scene in a Season 6 episode – or strictly a promo shot? If it’s a scene from the show, what occasion would necessitate both Betty/Henry, Megan/Don and kids, dressed formally, being at the same gathering (second photo from top with all of them together)?

Comment by Johnny Hands – March 13, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please make this show go away. Along with Girls its the most overhyped show on TV. No characters to care about, all it really is is a well written show about the fashion of the era. The first season was decent. Now its crap

Comment by perkiomen – March 13, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show is completely character driven, the era is the secondary cast member. Go back to watching your reality show crap.

Comment by Bender – March 13, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Make the show go away? Are you being held hostage and forced to watch it? If not, change the channel and shut up.

Comment by Angel – March 14, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it? There are many television shows I dislike. I don’t watch those programs. Others do, so why would I want to spoil their pleasure?

Comment by Rosefolly – March 15, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Photo no. 16 Don and Megan’s lovely pose reminds me of the 1960s/70s illustrated covers of Mills and Boon romance novels. That particular photo is absolutely very striking and other pictures too look amazing.

Comment by Maya – March 13, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The photos of Don and Megan are so cheesy. And why do Don and Joan have their own photo? They better not have an affair!

Comment by re – March 13, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they won’t have an affair. With Cooper becoming the absentee “old Man” (referenced by the way he hardly showed up for board meetings last year). With Sterling going off on his own and not caring about the firm too much (because he’s not the “star” of the firm anymore…Don and Pete are). With Pete just on the rise. Maybe Joan and Don will become THE faces for SCDP (or will it be now with Pryce’s Death…SCDH–Sterling Cooper Draper Harris???, or SCDC…Sterling Cooper Draper Campbell???)

Comment by Victoria Hannah – March 14, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the season premier!! I like Megan and hope she and Don stay together. And, for the record, I think the “Affair of the Season” refers to that high-brow party they are attending. The question is what is the occassion?!

Comment by Lori – March 13, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, Cooper is still alive? I foresee him dying by the end of the series. Look at Sally giving that annoyed, over it teenage look.

Comment by Kay – March 13, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Peggy and Joan! Less Megan…a lot less.

Comment by Em – March 13, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joan looks amazing … Divorce becomes her.
    Megan def. Looks preggers … Look at the angle of of her belly in the pic of her and Betty alone – it wld kill Betty for Megan to hv a child and look so darn good while doing it. (Megan’s hair is frightening though ….)

Comment by janet – March 13, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing. Megan’s hair looks like a bird nested in it! Joan stunning as always and Peggy has really come into her own. I have been rewatching West Wing reruns and it is amazing how that girl has grown as an actress since her Zoey Bartlett days.

Comment by Heather – March 14, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god, Meghan looks just like my Mom did in 67-68. I guess they got hair, make up and costumes just right.

Comment by Butters – March 13, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fashion back then was so horrible! I wish Megan would leave the show. Henry looks so old now, maybe he’s going to die this season.

Comment by anna – March 13, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Pete? He looks like he’s put on a few pounds. But the pics look great. Can’t wait for Season 6.

Comment by DanielleZ – March 13, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wish alexis bledel will recurr

Comment by kevinc – March 14, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Move over Megan… Ice Queen Betty will be back more this season!!!

Comment by Rizza – March 14, 2013 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed! Can’t wait to see more of the “original” Mrs. Draper!!! I hope she putsthis Megan where she belongs— out of Madison Ave.

Comment by Blossom – March 14, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pete’s receding hairline & sideburns! And Stan’s beard! :) Loving the MM guys this season!

Comment by kyblue – March 14, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, Stan’s beard! Can’t wait to see what is going on with his character now….a beard? Very interesting.

Comment by Marce – March 14, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pictures are absolutely stunning, I can’t wait for the new season to start. I must say I’m happy to see viewers rallying around Betty. It would be nice to see more of her and Peggy this time around.

Comment by youbetterwatchit – March 14, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering last season’s tragedy, is the name of the firm still Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce?

Comment by Heather P – March 14, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the Betty/Don storyline, I really can’t stand Megan!! Her relationship with Don seems so forced. I hope we get to see more of the supporting characters (especially Betty and Peggy) this season, I have missed them! I wonder what kind of shenanigans miss Sally Draper will find herself in this time around!

Comment by cmc8290 – March 14, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Hoping unhappy Betty Francis catches Don’s eye and makes life a little less perfect for Megan this season.

Comment by Brenda – March 14, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The way season 5 ended by alluding to the “old” Don Draper, I am really hoping he goes back to his sneaky ways… only with Betty behind Megan’s back! I don’t encourage infidelity but those are two storylines (old Don and Betty/Don) that I have greatly missed!

Comment by cmc8290 – March 14, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sally is my favorite character

Comment by Tam – March 14, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan looks like Elvira mistress of the Dark with that hair!

Comment by Alex (@Lluvia185) – March 14, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the older Mad Men seasons and hate that it’s going to the late 60s/early 70s. The show was made for the late 50s and I cannot stand the fashion here. My hope is that Betty goes AWOL and has a breakthrough (or breakdown) and goes total hippie…long hair and and bohemian. If she can let go of her controlling nature, I see this as a great way for her to finally let loose.

Comment by Girlygirl9 – March 14, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show has never been set in the 1950s. Season 1, Episode 1 was set in March 1960.

Comment by AKM – March 14, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!! Love Peggy’s dress. It is amazing how these characters come alive in their wardrobe!! Betty is looking more and more “picture perfect”. !

Comment by Melissa – March 14, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously think that Joan and Don are going to have an affair, hence the “affair of the season”. The chemistry has always been there for them. This will create conflict between Don and Roger.

Comment by Brian – March 14, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joan is too smart to get involved with Don. That would be a step backwards for her and she knows it. She needs to find a husband and father for her son. Don is not that guy.

Comment by Brenda – March 14, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of comments on Megan and Betty, but I think Peggy looks FABULOUS. She’s never looked better and I want that geometric dress she’s wearing!

Comment by Mad Mel – March 14, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Peggy comes back to SCDP as she’s one of my favorites. I adore the scenes with her and Don. I watched “The Suitcase” (S. 4 E. 7) once again and I’m still blown away by their performances particularly sharing a scene. Undoubtedly my favorite episode. Bring on season 6!!

Comment by Miller – March 14, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan needs to go! Just my opinion

Comment by Shon – March 14, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up with the Draper boys? Sally looks to be older, but the boys look like they’re regressing in age. Gene looks like he’s one or two, and Bobby looks to be the same age he’s been for the last three years. And I agree, Megan can go now.

Comment by grin and bear it – March 14, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the actor playing Bobby looks a lot like Don or a young Matt Damon.

Comment by Diane – March 17, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina Hendricks looks like a swollen boil that needs to be popped.

Comment by ingrid – March 14, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that another new Bobby? That’s some big hair on Meghan. Everyone looks great.

Comment by Linda – March 14, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Life…Camera…ACTION!!! and commented:
    MAD MEN COUNTDOWN BABY!!!

Comment by mrusc96 – March 14, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apart from the shot of Joan (slammin’ dress!) with the boys on the staircase, I find the rest of the “party” pics to be a bit creepy: Megan looks ghoulish in her makeup, everyone is unhappy, Peggy looks threatening, the un-aging Draper boys….it’s all just too off-putting. I do love the show though.

Comment by Kelly – March 14, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Pare —- *gulp*

Only the most… beautiful… woman… alive… ever.

Comment by Mickey – March 14, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don and Megan will be prototype power couple
    Betty is going to be disturbed by a sexual awakening that Henry is too old to handle
    what was wrong with the old Bobby and kids grow quickly–why’s Gene still a baby?
    Trudy moves back to the city with Pete
    Joan won’t marry Roger; or sleep with Don
    Peggy will freelance for SCDP
    Ginsberg will be a rock star in the business

Comment by Desiree – March 14, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What type of event could bring everyone together? If Henry is still working for Mayor Lindsey than it could be a high profile NYC event to honor a program that SCDH (H stands for Harris) was involved in. Just a guess.

And Joan looks STUNNING !!!

Comment by rl1856 – March 14, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on stacyblaise.

Comment by stacyblaise – March 14, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you guys look great! I don’t remember the sixties ever looking this good. I hope it gets a bit more like the first four series though, it seems to be losing itself a bit & why is it not SterlingCooperDraper, now they’ve dropped the pryce a bit?

Comment by Gilbert Aldous – March 14, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just waiting for angry and repressed little Sally Draper to get all swept up in the Civil Rights movement. I’m already imagining Don and Betty watching her burn her bra on TV.

Comment by JKinLA – March 15, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be great.I can see Sally becoming very involved with the women’s movement. She will certainly not be like her mother!

Comment by Diane – March 17, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up to every one, as I am very eager to read this web site’s posts when updated regularly. It includes nice info and well presented

Comment by costumes – March 21, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Making Connections   The internet enabled a company to instantly make available its goods or services too its customer.
    If you are new, internet marketing affiliate program is the answer.
    I have experienced both, a storefront type business and also a home based business.

Comment by Spencer – October 18, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post