TVLine Items: Idina Menzel's Glee Encore, Dollhouse Fave Visits Good Wife and More!

Glee Season 4 Spoilers Rachel's MomMom’s the word again on Fox’s Glee, with Tony Award winner Idina Menzel back on set to play Rachel’s birth mother Shelby.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Glee star Lea Michele shared the news about her TV mom’s encore on Tuesday night, saying:

Menzel made her Glee debut midway through Season 1 (and not long after Taye Diggs and TVLine’s Matt Mitovich put this out into the universe). She most recently appeared in a string of November/December 2011 episodes, coaching the Troubletones and having Quinn get up in her face about the whole Beth thing.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Dollhouse fan fave Fran Kranz has booked an April episode of The Good Wife, per Hollywood.com, playing an overworked software coder whose company Alicia is representing.

Ken Jeong is bringing his personal brand of funny to a new Community: TBS’ Sullivan & Son. Per EW.com, the funnyman will play Steve’s (Steve Byrne) workaholic doctor brother-in-law.

RELATED | Exclusive Video: Community Cast on Freaky Abed, ‘Curing Changnesia’ and an Emmy Twist

E! is developing a reality series centering on erstwhile Blue Bloods star Jennifer Esposito, Deadline reports. A spinoff of the cabler’s upcoming docu-series Playing With Fire, the pilot will center on Esposito, who suffers from Celiac disease, running her New York gluten-free bakery Jennifer’s Way.

•  Justin Timberlake is headed to The CW with a one-hour special surrounding his upcoming album. Target Presents The IHeartRadio Album Release Party With Justin Timberlake, which airs Tuesday, March 19 at 8/7c, will feature performances by and interviews with the superstar.

•  At a Tuesday upfront presentation, it was announced that Disney Channel will air new Mickey Mouse shorts starting June 28 (a sneak peek is posted to Disney.com) and that the TV-movie Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel — in which Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest “-inator” strips Spider-Man, Hulk and others of their powers — will debut this summer. Disney Channels Worldwide boss Gary Marsh also said the company is “working closely with LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy and director Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) to explore new Star Wars content for our platforms,” to be detailed later this year.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. valeriel40 says:

How did I know Fran Kranz would be playing a computer geek? :-) I’m just glad to see him on my TV! I may have to start watching Sullivan & Son now that Jeong will be on there!

2. Erin says:

Can we please quit using the phrase “Dollhouse fave” UNLESS we are referring to Enver Gjokaj?

3. Tina says:

Are we going to have another adoption story on Glee? Give me a break! Rachel would not be careless and she would not sacrifice her dreams to have a kid! Nor would she put one up for adoption! Please put a bullet in this idiotic storyline! And hire someone to work at Glee who is capable of having an original thought! Ryan Murphy has been recycling plotlines all season so it’s obvious he’s lost touch with his audience and run out of ideas!

• O'Brien says:

I wouldn’t be worried about it if I were you. The word on the street is that she’s helping Rachel with her Funny Girl audition. Also, I really don’t think Rachel’s going to end up being pregnant, based on all of the other spoilers that have been out.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

I was thinking this… I mean, she sang Funny Girl back in the day…

I am glad her character will be back. She just disappeared so fast after all that story!

• Lauren says:

My Brazilian pen pal Guantanamo has seen all of the scripts, including 4×18, 4×19, 4×20, 4×20-1/2 and some for next season, and he says this is NOT an adoption story but Rachel donating her alive baby to science.

4. Shannon says:

Per What I ave read is that this “scare” will get Rachel to get back to her core and who she is and shed thier Rachel 2.0 persona. I do not think they would be stupid enough to make their star pregnant and what would she do move back to lima? I think she is not pregnant from what I read, but the scare will shake her to help her regain her focus and what is important to her.

• Lauren says:

My Brazilian pen pal Guantanamo just got a secret look at page 43 of 4×19, and that “Rachel back to her core” scene got replaced with a “Hungry Life the Wolf” musical number.

5. Pepper says:

Maybe Shelby can convince Rachel to grow out her bangs. (I’m mean.)

6. Lydia says:

Have to say I’m shocked Idina agreed to come back after the awful storyline they stuck her in last season. At least this time she’ll be working with Lea so maybe it will actually be worth it. Then again this is Glee so it will probably end with the two girls being catty and a boy stepping in to save them and set them straight… I’ll try not to get my hopes up.

• Stacey says:

According to rumors, Rachel is trying out for her first big musical of “Funny Girl” and Shelby is back to help with the audition. Whether they have any uncomfortable tension, maybe, but it sounds like Shelby is back for her daughter this time.

7. Fernanda says:

Shelby should meet April Rhodes and star singing about Wizard of Oz’ songs. Any ideas? #WickedFanForever

8. A says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So excited. Been waiting for her to return. Her Season 3 arc finished so stupidly. She just disappeared. I mean I’m used to characters popping up and leaving on Glee, but her character was a legit character that made sense to recur on the show. Its okay if April or Holly Holliday disappear because ultimately their characters aren’t that important, however, they could have done so much more with Idina in my opinion