Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Storybrooke's First Days Bring Romance and a Mystery Visitor

ABC’s Once Upon a Time is taking a trip back in time this Sunday, and we’ve got your first look at the tale of Storybrooke’s early days, which brings the return of a much-missed fan favorite.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Post Mortem: Who Has Death Changed ‘Forever’? And More Burning Qs

“We’re going to see the first week of the curse,” co-creator Eddy Kitsis teased at PaleyFest. “We’re going to get more insight into what it was like that first week in 1983, and what it was like for the Evil Queen to win.”

The flashback-heavy episode also welcomes back Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, and he appears to be trying to woo Regina with a white rose. (“There’s a lot of flirtation,” Lana Parrilla told us.) Too bad she’s got her hands full with a mysterious visitor named Kurt Flynn (guest star John Pyper-Ferguson) and his son Owen, who have somehow found their way to what Regina had believed was their “undetectable” town.

RELATED | Pilot News: Once Upon a Time‘s Ruby Is Josh Holloway’s Leading Lady

Meanwhile, in the present, Henry decides to take action and put an end to all the magic — but Regina isn’t about to let that happen.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (46)

• I don’t care about any of this, just keep Ruby on the show!

Comment by fRAN – March 11, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just pretty much summed up my feelings for this fandom. (Except I watch it for Rumbelle too)

Comment by Angela – March 12, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohh Sheriff skinny jeans how much i missed you

Comment by Lorena – March 11, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts were *exactly* this, haha.

Comment by Katie – March 11, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL!!!!

Comment by Elyse – March 12, 2013 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I’m glad the show will be graced with his skinny jeans and hipster vests once more!

Comment by ktbanks – March 12, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely! Worst mistake they ever made was killing this great character before digging into his background story. A man raised by wolves; how fun is that!! Can’t wait for this episode! Welcome back Sheriff Graham!!

Comment by luvpups – March 12, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! Welcome back hot sherif!! Also glad to see a different kind of flashback find out how it all started out in the beginning of Storybrook also last nights episode was AMAZING!

Comment by girlinmd – March 11, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if Greg is the kid who got into Storybrooke with his father 28 years ago?!? It makes sense that he found his way back there again now since he’d been there before.

Comment by sofia – March 11, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the same thing. Also, looks like we might have found the little boy who is Rumple’s undoing.

Comment by Rob – March 11, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes. This actually makes sense. They never said it’d be Henry, people, me included, just assumed it was, but with this new possible development… I’m liking where this is going. These final episodes are setting up to be be pretty intense. I CAN’T WAIT!

Comment by sofia – March 11, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. The little bit of magic he might have seen could have been easily explained away, either by him or others, unless he had seen it before or knew something was strange already

Comment by sara – March 11, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think it could be greg, henry, or august.

Comment by Kelly – March 12, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well id like to know who book snow white at the hair dresser on the first day of the curse cos they sure as hell made a mistake

Comment by harley goddard – March 11, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Snow had her hair magically cut short when they entered Storybrook as a way of making Snow “ugly”

Comment by iMember – March 11, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? I LOVE Ginnifer’s hair short. I think it makes her look prettier!

Comment by gdv – March 12, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for more 80′s style and objects. The equipment used in the hospital is supper modern, clothing and hair the same. I know budget issues but still….

Comment by Me – March 11, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i agree in regards to the 80′s style of things to me it just looks like they have removed a few things and said its set in the 80′s but still will be nice to see the first week of the curse

Comment by harley goddard – March 11, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lord Jesus if the worst thing this show has ever done was kill off the sheriff because hot damn

Comment by Rrrrrr – March 11, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! not only is he hot, but I genuinely liked his character! I think the writers of the show will regret, not necessarily killing off the sheriff so early on, but not casting Jamie Dornan as someone who would’ve remained on the show for the entire series.

Comment by EL – March 11, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheriff Graham How I’ve Missed You!!!!!!!

Comment by Melinda – March 11, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing that Regina or Rumple killed the father of the young boy and he has spent his whole life trying to find the town so he can get his revenge. It would seem like a likely scenario than him just being some random guy that discovered Storybrooke.

Comment by tracy84 – March 11, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yup, little boy is totally Ethan Embry’s character.

Meanwhile, is it just me or does everything look exactly the same in 1983? Is Sheriff Graham really rocking the hipster look already?

Comment by J – March 11, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the 80′s have been slowly coming back over the last couple of years – so maybe, they dont feel they have to change much!

Comment by EL – March 11, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that little boy is greg.

Comment by Kelly – March 12, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in regards to it looking the same, shouldn’t it? These people have been stuck there, time didn’t move, nothing happened really. I think it makes sense that the setting of the town would remain the same as well.

Comment by mia – March 11, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If this were the case then logically speaking it should have still looked like 1983 when Emma arrived years later, not vice versa. There should have been whitewash, girls with perms, neon sunglasses, denim jackets, and kids in their parents basement playing Dungeons & Dragons while talking about how rad that fight between Luke and Vader was at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Comment by Jason – March 12, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait! This show is amazing, one of the best I’ve seen. I hope more people continue to watch it so we can see the characters grow and continue on their journeys!

Comment by Ky Grabowski – March 11, 2013 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Henry doing with that cartoonish dynamite ? :))) Didn’t Kitsis&Horowitz clearly establish in Lost that dynamite is very unstable ?

Comment by bluefairy – March 12, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Dude you got some Artz on you” haha your comment made my day!

Comment by Azerty – March 12, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • too funny. the kid needs to grounded and go to school.

Comment by Kelly – March 12, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The amount of school he skips I’m surprised he’s even literate. You just know he only learned to read because Regina taught him as a toddler. Her certainly never learned at school – he’s never there! Henry, if you don’t put down that dynamite you might end up understanding how all your little friends felt when they had to keep repeating the same year…

Comment by Ben33 – March 12, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Graham!! Yay so excited to see him again!
    I stick by what I’ve always said; they made a mistake killing him off.

Comment by Dominique – March 12, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sheriff is pulling a Sawyer with the big flower. Another Lost reference! Sawyer gave a big flower to Juliet.

Comment by Gail – March 12, 2013 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if we will see how Regina decided on what personality and back story to give all the people in Storybrooke. That could take 28 years by itself.

Comment by Gail – March 12, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL I love how Regina is always pointing at people with that crazy look in her eyes!

Comment by Nick – March 12, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to see Graham again. Too bad there cant be any scenes with Emma because he’s gone in present day. i had thought maybe since they got the apple from the past they’d do that with the huntsman but no luck.

Comment by Kelly – March 12, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its time henry got grounded.

Comment by Kelly – March 12, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy the Sheriff is back! There has GOT to be a way for them to bring him back! It is, after all, a town with magic and Mr. Gold reminds us that magic can be unpredictable!

Comment by Lady K – March 12, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no, oh no no no. I do not see things ending well for Mr. Flyn and his son. At all.

Who let Henry around the dynamite? Seriously? Ruby goes off for pilot season and the entire town goes straight to hell!

Comment by Alice – March 12, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else think that Kurt Flynn (guest star John Pyper-Ferguson) looks like he borrowed his clothes from Marty McFly??

Comment by Britney – March 12, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone think that Kurt and Owen Flynn can be a similarity of Kevin and Sam Flynn???? If so, well played!!! Big fan of Tron. As for the Marty McFly reference, In the original Tron, Kevin Flynn did wear something that was similar. In my sense, It almost looks like an emulation of Tron Legacy. Kurt goes missing in a mysterious town that no one else can see, with his son knowing he’s in it. He tries everything within his power to get him out!

Comment by Mike M – March 17, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but Henry needs to be killed off soon – or stop becoming such a central character – he is so annoying now!

Comment by Alex – March 18, 2013 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kill off Henry really? He discovered all this and keeps the adults grounded, yes he is getting older but I would like to see him follow this story to the end. Last store Henry reading this fairy tale to his children

Comment by Connie – March 29, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Henry has become ridiculously annoying, his character is running dry, I at least want him to leave the show at some point so we can actually learn more about the characters without Henry being the annoying kid who doesn’t listen to what he is told. I do like that ending idea though, I sort of just want him “demoted” essentially.

Comment by Alex – March 31, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post