Mad Men Season 6 Poster Clones Don Draper! Plus: Who's the Mystery Woman?

Get More: First Look

The new poster for Mad Men‘s sixth season is giving us ideas about a theme cocktail you can serve at your premiere viewing parties: the Double Don Draper.

RELATED | New Mad Men and Game of Thrones Promos and More!

Start with two shots of the dapper Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce partner. Add a pensive gaze, a perfectly parted ‘do and a briefcase full of business. Stir in an unidentified female — probably Megan, but substitutions are acceptable — and pour over a bustling Manhattan spring day. Voila! Even Roger would approve.

Study the art below in advance of the AMC drama’s two-hour return on April 7 (9/8c), then hit the comments: Does the image slake — or stoke? — your thirst for more Mad Men?

Mad Men Season 6 Poster Don Draper

Tags: , ,

Comments (33)

• as long as there’s LESS Megan than the previous season, I’m happy..

Comment by Pedro P. – March 11, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally!! Not fond of Megan at all. Wish she’d just go away quietly. Or not so quietly, I do not care. Just go. haha

Comment by Bella – March 14, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CANNOT WAIT!

Comment by MadMenFanatic – March 11, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t.Wait.

Comment by april-ann – March 11, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This poster is like a bean ballet.

Comment by Peggy – March 11, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t remember – is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Comment by wordsmith – March 11, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is if you’re Peggy. Not so much if you’re “Mr. Heinz”.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a Betty night gown to me.

Comment by C – March 11, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing. I think he’ll be having an affair with Betty.

Comment by Jay – March 11, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am hoping Betty will finally let her hair down and get dirty with the drape!

Comment by RachelB-MD – March 14, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Megan. I’m probably the only one who loves her and thinks that she brought something fresh to the show. And I hate Betty with a passion since season 2.

Comment by SylwekG – March 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone. I feel the same way.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also like Megan.

Comment by madmen1 – March 14, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t that Megan in the purple dress in the background? With Roger and possibly…Joan? The poster looks to me like Don is headed into the future with an eye on the past and probably a desire to go back.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – March 11, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the woman in the background looks more like Peggy than Joan.

Comment by SylwekG – March 11, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cure for the common TV show.

Comment by accini – March 11, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!!!!!!!!

Comment by karl anglin – March 14, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about all the cops and the “one way” sign that seems to be pointing in their direction?

Comment by Geo – March 11, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is what interests me most about the poster.

Comment by Stephanie – March 12, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Betty and not Megan! It would be poetic justice for him to cheat with Betty instead of cheat on Betty. I hope Megan has moved to Hollywood and become a big star far away from Madison Avenue and Don. I was on total Megan overload last season but loved everything else about it. Can’t wait for season 6!

Comment by Jen – March 11, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh..can’t wait but don’t like the poster.

Comment by Danielle H. – March 11, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with people who say that it looks like Megan in the background. I also agree with whoever said it looks like peggy with the man next to her. So Betty?

Comment by Gilda – March 11, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first glance I thought that was Pete’s back (in pale blue suit) … The cops definitely pique my interest … No Pete would make me happy!

Comment by janet – March 11, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like the army may have finally found out about Don and he has to run from his past yet again. Hopefully he will run far from Megan! I can’t stand her. I want to see more of Betty again.

Comment by re – March 11, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The woman in the purple dress in the background reminds me of Peggy more than anything else.
    I love Megan, hope she stays and unravel DD some more.

Comment by wi – March 11, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice artwork – very indicative of the commercial artwork from that era.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 11, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the scene in the kitchen at the end of S3 I have had a theory that Don would eventually have an affair with Betty and now I think that’s going to be right. It would make so much sense character wise for both and story wise. Think about the happiest we ever saw Don and Betty? Don and Betty in Paris acting like strangers. Away from their real life, as if they werent suburbia super couple, they were so into each other. So much so that they didn’t ant to leave at the end.

It would also makes sense story wise. After the end of S5, it’s pretty safe to assume Don reverted to his old ways including cheating on Meghan. Don and Betty see each still because of their children. And at this point, Betty is no longer the naive young woman he married. And because she didn’t grow up at the same time as Meghan she’s not extremely outspoken with her own agenda. But she has grown up some, realizes that the grass is not always greener. She’s more of a perfect medium now, a perfect person for Don to have an affair with.

Comment by KK – March 11, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding what the poster signifies, in my mind, it references how last season [5] ended. It ended with the theme song from Bond: You Only Live Twice. In a sense, that’s Don, always living a double-life. I think the poster reflects that double-illusion; one life for yourself, and one for your dreams.

Don is the ultimate Madison Avenue dream-maker of the 1960s, creating a desired lifestyle for the masses, and then running away from his creation to try to find something real in his life that is now cluttered with the illusions and trappings of the ’60s American Dream that he’s helped create. So Don will always be Don – escape is always his last, and only, option.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 11, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The clue is the pink fingernails.

Comment by Bob – March 12, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both images are of Don – the guy in the pale suit and the one observing himself having just passed him.

Comment by Dru – March 12, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very cool homage to the illustrator Ben Shahn, a very 60s look.

Comment by John Stodder – March 13, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty will finally realize that her life with Old Boney Henry is not what she expected and will get down and dirty with THE DRAPE!!!!

Comment by RachelB-MD – March 14, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan’s gappy, uneven, yellow teeth grate on me, no pun intended (and none achieved). Seriously, she couldn’t save up a few dollars and get some veneering done on her teeth for under $3,000 before the show began? The people who run this show wanted someone with bad teeth because . . . . I can’t figure it out. Other than the teeth, I think the actress who plays Megan is both beautiful and talented.

Comment by JoAn – April 1, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post