CBS Announces Finale Dates: Which Four Shows Are Getting Two-Hour Send-Offs?

CBS Season Finale Dates 2013CBS is the third broadcast net to unveil its season finale plan for this spring, and it begins with The Good Wife’s goodbye, ends with the Criminal Minds closer and features four supersized send-offs.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

All told, the Eye’s finale schedule looks like this. (Note: The May sweeps ratings period runs April 25 through May 22.)

SUNDAY, APRIL 28
9/8c The Good Wife

SUNDAY, MAY 5
8 pm The Amazing Race (two hours)
10 pm The Mentalist

THURSDAY, MAY 9
8:30 pm Two and a Half Men
9 pm Person of Interest

FRIDAY, MAY 10
9 pm Vegas
10 pm Blue Bloods

RELATED | CBS Moves Vegas to Fridays as Golden Boy Keeps His Tuesday Beat

SUNDAY, MAY 12
8 pm Survivor: Caramoan (two hours)
10 pm Survivor reunion show

MONDAY, MAY 13
8 pm How I Met Your Mother
9 pm 2 Broke Girls

TUESDAY, MAY 14
8 pm NCIS
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm Golden Boy

RELATED | Fox Sets Finales for Glee, Bones, American Idol and Others

WEDNESDAY, MAY 15
10 pm CSI

THURSDAY, MAY 16
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
9 pm Elementary (two hours)

FRIDAY, MAY 17
8 pm Undercover Boss

RELATED | The CW Sets Finale Dates: Which Shows Will Be Done First?

MONDAY, MAY 20
8:30 pm Rules of Engagement
9:30 pm Mike & Molly
10 pm Hawaii Five-0

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22
9 pm Criminal Minds (two hours)

1. Steven says:

So glad Criminal Minds is getting 2 hours! I hope it’s as good as last year’s finale!

• Angela says:

That one was crazy. From what I’ve noticed, their two-parters/season finales often tend to be pretty intense, and given everything going on this season, I can’t even begin to imagine what they’ve got planned. Anxious to find out.

• Hope says:

According to the writers and producers of the show it will only have a hour finale so what gives?

2. adambramble says:

Elementary Two Hours i’m in!!!!
    Gotta watch NCIS, Person Of Interest, and Golden Boy (If it’s not cancelled before then b/c of CBS mishandling it)

3. shar says:

We need a 2 hour Hawaii 5-0 send off. All summer without McGarrett and Danny. Not good.

4. Daniel says:

Criminal Minds again a two-hour finale? Although I am excited for this, I wonder why NCIS never gets a two-hour finale. They only had two: Hiatus at the end of season 3 (which was not even broadcast on the same night!) and Judgement Day at the end of season 5. So it is already 5 years ago since NCIS had a double finale. And NCIS: LA had a two-hour finale last year, and a two-hour premiere the season before.

5. Fingers crossed that’s a SEASON finale for TGW and not a SERIES finale.

• Abe Froman says:

I think a decision on that would already have to be made to give them time to wrap things up. Most likely it will come back for another season.

6. AJ says:

Remember folks, a 2 hour finale is 2 episodes. If NCIS wanted to do a 2 hour finale, CBS would let them. There is no way that TPTB @ NCIS are going to CBS and saying, “we want a 2 hour finale” and CBS is saying “NO”.

7. Maki says:

SO WE MEET THE MOTHER ON MAY 13! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can’t wait. . .

8. Mike says:

HIMYM is 1 hour or is the 830 slot just not a finale?

9. Babar Suhail says:

I was hoping for an hour long himym seaaon finale.

10. Chrs says:

When will the Once Upon A Time finale air? I don’t see it here.

11. amanda says:

two hour criminal minds finale, i think i just died and went to heaven!

12. CoryB says:

It is interesting that the finales fpr the back part of the hour comedies on Monday air a week after their lead-ins. It would seem to have made more sense to add an extra repeat and end them all on the same day.

Also, can we assume that since none of the half hour finales are noted as being an hour long they are all 30 minute episodes?

13. Sherry says:

The Good Wife is so good…..Wondering why it is getting cancelled…..I love this show….

• A says:

Where are you hearing that it is getting cancelled? In a Ask Ausiello post a couple of weeks ago, it was said that a Good Wife Renewal is a sure thing!

14. shuayb says:

Why is The Good Wife ending early? I know its not on the bubble this year but howcome so earlÝ? This season has been amazing.

15. Ana says:

The only CBS show I watch is Good Wife so I’m kind of sad is finishing the season so early… :-(

• Teeny says:

Especially now that Kalinda/Cary and Will/Alicia seem to be heating up again. Curses!

• Dianne says:

Why do you think Will and Alicia are heating up?.I’m picking up hints of a story line with Will and Amanda Peet’s character.

• Teeny says:

They kissed a few episodes back and he is clearly still in love with her. Could be wishful thinking on my part though. I agree, they are going to put those two together and Alicia will probably get jealous ala Tammy. Alicia wants what she can’t have.

16. rachelle says:

Yay for Elementary!! =D

• timeliebe says:

I’m disappointed PERSON OF INTEREST isn’t also getting a two-hour finale – it’s a great show and deserves the extra love.

OTOH, I’m not sorry ELEMENTARY is getting one, as it’s also a great show – I just wish they could both have them.

17. Tran says:

Hope Rules of Engagement should have a “series finale” on May 20th if its going to end after seven sesons and has been “on the bubble” a number of times since the show’s inception.

18. Derek Odom says:

Why does CBS keep trying to make Elementary happen?

19. Volcfom says:

Elementary, American Idol, and The Office all airing finales at the same time – noooo… Guess it’s time to upgrade to the Hopper!

20. Shirley says:

I am confused! Is the two hour finale the end of the show, or the end of the season?

21. Caitlin says:

so is big bang theory getting a full hour for their finale?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That would have been denoted; no, I imagine some repeat of this that or the other thing is airing at 8:30.

22. forwarddad says:

Why is it TGW saying goodbye?

23. Zorkel567 says:

Can’t wait for NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Hawaii Five 0. Really hoping next year NCIS: Red will be on this list.

24. stevie says:

we need a 4hour finale of person of interest.
    can’t get enough of this show.

25. Josh says:

Why does Elementray get two hours? It sucks! I wish Big Bang theory would get a hour finale! Yes to CM getting another two hour finale!

26. Redha says:

So, TGW will be renewed for Season 5 right? Please say TOTALLY YES!!!

27. DarkDefender says:

Matt – any idea if The Mentalist be a series finale, or just the season?

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

Not certain if anyone knows at this point what status of Mentalist will be in May. However, I believe the Up Fronts week is May 13-16, with CBS announcing their Fall’13 lineup on Wednesday, May 15. So, at least for the finales of CSI, BBT, Elementary, Rules, Mike&Molly and Five-0, we’ll know where they land on the fall schedule prior to their final 2012-13 season episode.

In the case of Mentalist, it will have its finale [5-5-13], a week-and-half before CBS’ fall announcements. I’m of the belief that CBS will have 3-4 slots open for returning dramas (mostly on Friday and Sunday), with about six shows vying for those slots: TGW, Mentalist, Vegas, CSI:NY, Golden Boy and Five-0. I think two of the six won’t be coming back, three for sure will come back, and that fourth show is truly ‘on the bubble’. If Nina and CBS are confident of their pilots that are green-lighted, that ‘bubble’ drama will be canceled. If the pilot drama list turns out to be weak [which I think is a possibility], that ‘bubble” show comes back in the fall (or winter).

28. Kisha says:

I love Elementary but there’s never hardly any spoilers or info on the show. Any other fans out there?

29. thee sharp says:

I’m glad CM is getting two hours cause they are gonna need it. I just wanna be as shocked as I was last night about Rodney being the unsub. So unexpected.

30. Jody says:

Is this the final season for NCIS or is it a series finale?

31. Pootis Spencer says:

NCIS always makes me run around screaming through my house on the finales, and even on regular episodes that were just really suspenseful! This better be a SEASON, not a SERIES finale or I will die! Although, it would be reasonable to finally end it I guess.
    Can’t wait for the next one!

32. Linda says:

Please, please, PLEASE tell me I heard incorrectly that NCIS will be gone for good?! I couldn’t STAND it if they canceled it!!!

33. Chrissy says:

I really wish vegas wasn,t cancelled I really liked that show, I hope you all bring it back. :)

34. Rosann says:

On May 14th I thought I heard there would be a 2 hour finale on the next week, but there is nothing!! Was there a change and was that the end of it for the season?

35. timeliebe says:

@Chrissy – VEGAS had good numbers but skewed very old, which meant it wasn’t pulling in nearly the ad dollars to keep a historical series with two pretty expensive leads on the air. It’s a pity that the studio and CBS couldn’t come to an accommodation to continue the show, though…..

36. Debi says:

I always liked NCIS before, but when they added the character of Ziva, it gave a breath of fresh air to the show. She’s spunky and her skills are right up there with Gibbs, even above Tony’s. Then it was like her and Tony had a sibling rivalry, in so much that they argued, but when it came to it they would put their lives on the line for each other, going back to the basis of Gibbs nature in his Marine Corps training of Semper Fi, Never Leave A Man Behind! I am afraid the show is going to take a big hit when Ziva leaves!!!

37. Hi to every body, it’s my first go to see of this webpage;
    this blog consists of amazing and actually fine information in favor of readers.