CBS Announces Finale Dates: Which Four Shows Are Getting Two-Hour Send-Offs?

CBS Season Finale Dates 2013CBS is the third broadcast net to unveil its season finale plan for this spring, and it begins with The Good Wife’s goodbye, ends with the Criminal Minds closer and features four supersized send-offs.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

All told, the Eye’s finale schedule looks like this. (Note: The May sweeps ratings period runs April 25 through May 22.)

SUNDAY, APRIL 28
9/8c The Good Wife

SUNDAY, MAY 5
8 pm The Amazing Race (two hours)
10 pm The Mentalist

THURSDAY, MAY 9
8:30 pm Two and a Half Men
9 pm Person of Interest

FRIDAY, MAY 10
9 pm Vegas
10 pm Blue Bloods

RELATED | CBS Moves Vegas to Fridays as Golden Boy Keeps His Tuesday Beat

SUNDAY, MAY 12
8 pm Survivor: Caramoan (two hours)
10 pm Survivor reunion show

MONDAY, MAY 13
8 pm How I Met Your Mother
9 pm 2 Broke Girls

TUESDAY, MAY 14
8 pm NCIS
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm Golden Boy

RELATED | Fox Sets Finales for Glee, Bones, American Idol and Others

WEDNESDAY, MAY 15
10 pm CSI

THURSDAY, MAY 16
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
9 pm Elementary (two hours)

FRIDAY, MAY 17
8 pm Undercover Boss

RELATED | The CW Sets Finale Dates: Which Shows Will Be Done First?

MONDAY, MAY 20
8:30 pm Rules of Engagement
9:30 pm Mike & Molly
10 pm Hawaii Five-0

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22
9 pm Criminal Minds (two hours)

Comments (56)

• So glad Criminal Minds is getting 2 hours! I hope it’s as good as last year’s finale!

Comment by Steven – March 11, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That one was crazy. From what I’ve noticed, their two-parters/season finales often tend to be pretty intense, and given everything going on this season, I can’t even begin to imagine what they’ve got planned. Anxious to find out.

Comment by Angela – March 11, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to the writers and producers of the show it will only have a hour finale so what gives?

Comment by Hope – March 11, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elementary Two Hours i’m in!!!!
    Gotta watch NCIS, Person Of Interest, and Golden Boy (If it’s not cancelled before then b/c of CBS mishandling it)

Comment by adambramble – March 11, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need a 2 hour Hawaii 5-0 send off. All summer without McGarrett and Danny. Not good.

Comment by shar – March 11, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds again a two-hour finale? Although I am excited for this, I wonder why NCIS never gets a two-hour finale. They only had two: Hiatus at the end of season 3 (which was not even broadcast on the same night!) and Judgement Day at the end of season 5. So it is already 5 years ago since NCIS had a double finale. And NCIS: LA had a two-hour finale last year, and a two-hour premiere the season before.

Comment by Daniel – March 11, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am assuming it is because NCIS has proven that it doesn’t need 2 hour finale gimmicks to get an audience.

Comment by Sara – March 11, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fingers crossed that’s a SEASON finale for TGW and not a SERIES finale.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 11, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think a decision on that would already have to be made to give them time to wrap things up. Most likely it will come back for another season.

Comment by Abe Froman – March 11, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember folks, a 2 hour finale is 2 episodes. If NCIS wanted to do a 2 hour finale, CBS would let them. There is no way that TPTB @ NCIS are going to CBS and saying, “we want a 2 hour finale” and CBS is saying “NO”.

Comment by AJ – March 11, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO WE MEET THE MOTHER ON MAY 13! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can’t wait. . .

Comment by Maki – March 11, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM is 1 hour or is the 830 slot just not a finale?

Comment by Mike – March 11, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 8:30 slot is a regular ol’ episode of RULES.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 11, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for an hour long himym seaaon finale.

Comment by Babar Suhail – March 11, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will the Once Upon A Time finale air? I don’t see it here.

Comment by Chrs – March 11, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t see it here because Once Upon a Time is on ABC, not CBS.

Comment by Andy – March 11, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol mixing up my networks

Comment by Chrs – March 11, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • two hour criminal minds finale, i think i just died and went to heaven!

Comment by amanda – March 11, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is interesting that the finales fpr the back part of the hour comedies on Monday air a week after their lead-ins. It would seem to have made more sense to add an extra repeat and end them all on the same day.

Also, can we assume that since none of the half hour finales are noted as being an hour long they are all 30 minute episodes?

Comment by CoryB – March 11, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife is so good…..Wondering why it is getting cancelled…..I love this show….

Comment by Sherry – March 11, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where are you hearing that it is getting cancelled? In a Ask Ausiello post a couple of weeks ago, it was said that a Good Wife Renewal is a sure thing!

Comment by A – March 11, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is The Good Wife ending early? I know its not on the bubble this year but howcome so earlÝ? This season has been amazing.

Comment by shuayb – March 11, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It ended the same time last season. And don’t worry about it being canceled, because it won’t be.

Comment by Rrrrrr – March 11, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only CBS show I watch is Good Wife so I’m kind of sad is finishing the season so early… :-(

Comment by Ana – March 11, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Especially now that Kalinda/Cary and Will/Alicia seem to be heating up again. Curses!

Comment by Teeny – March 11, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why do you think Will and Alicia are heating up?.I’m picking up hints of a story line with Will and Amanda Peet’s character.

Comment by Dianne – March 11, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They kissed a few episodes back and he is clearly still in love with her. Could be wishful thinking on my part though. I agree, they are going to put those two together and Alicia will probably get jealous ala Tammy. Alicia wants what she can’t have.

Comment by Teeny – March 11, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Elementary!! =D

Comment by rachelle – March 11, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m disappointed PERSON OF INTEREST isn’t also getting a two-hour finale – it’s a great show and deserves the extra love.

OTOH, I’m not sorry ELEMENTARY is getting one, as it’s also a great show – I just wish they could both have them.

Comment by timeliebe – March 15, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Rules of Engagement should have a “series finale” on May 20th if its going to end after seven sesons and has been “on the bubble” a number of times since the show’s inception.

Comment by Tran – March 11, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does CBS keep trying to make Elementary happen?

Comment by Derek Odom – March 11, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elementary, American Idol, and The Office all airing finales at the same time – noooo… Guess it’s time to upgrade to the Hopper!

Comment by Volcfom – March 11, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am confused! Is the two hour finale the end of the show, or the end of the season?

Comment by Shirley – March 11, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so is big bang theory getting a full hour for their finale?

Comment by Caitlin – March 11, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would have been denoted; no, I imagine some repeat of this that or the other thing is airing at 8:30.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 11, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it TGW saying goodbye?

Comment by forwarddad – March 11, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He meant THe Good Wife is the first show signing off for the season. Saying goodbye until the fall.

Comment by Teeny – March 11, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Hawaii Five 0. Really hoping next year NCIS: Red will be on this list.

Comment by Zorkel567 – March 11, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we need a 4hour finale of person of interest.
    can’t get enough of this show.

Comment by stevie – March 11, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We all want that, but sadly it wont happen.

Comment by Neal – March 26, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does Elementray get two hours? It sucks! I wish Big Bang theory would get a hour finale! Yes to CM getting another two hour finale!

Comment by Josh – March 11, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, TGW will be renewed for Season 5 right? Please say TOTALLY YES!!!

Comment by Redha – March 11, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt – any idea if The Mentalist be a series finale, or just the season?

Comment by DarkDefender – March 11, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not certain if anyone knows at this point what status of Mentalist will be in May. However, I believe the Up Fronts week is May 13-16, with CBS announcing their Fall’13 lineup on Wednesday, May 15. So, at least for the finales of CSI, BBT, Elementary, Rules, Mike&Molly and Five-0, we’ll know where they land on the fall schedule prior to their final 2012-13 season episode.

In the case of Mentalist, it will have its finale [5-5-13], a week-and-half before CBS’ fall announcements. I’m of the belief that CBS will have 3-4 slots open for returning dramas (mostly on Friday and Sunday), with about six shows vying for those slots: TGW, Mentalist, Vegas, CSI:NY, Golden Boy and Five-0. I think two of the six won’t be coming back, three for sure will come back, and that fourth show is truly ‘on the bubble’. If Nina and CBS are confident of their pilots that are green-lighted, that ‘bubble’ drama will be canceled. If the pilot drama list turns out to be weak [which I think is a possibility], that ‘bubble” show comes back in the fall (or winter).

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 11, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Elementary but there’s never hardly any spoilers or info on the show. Any other fans out there?

Comment by Kisha – March 11, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad CM is getting two hours cause they are gonna need it. I just wanna be as shocked as I was last night about Rodney being the unsub. So unexpected.

Comment by thee sharp – April 4, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this the final season for NCIS or is it a series finale?

Comment by Jody – April 23, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS always makes me run around screaming through my house on the finales, and even on regular episodes that were just really suspenseful! This better be a SEASON, not a SERIES finale or I will die! Although, it would be reasonable to finally end it I guess.
    Can’t wait for the next one!

Comment by Pootis Spencer – April 26, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, PLEASE tell me I heard incorrectly that NCIS will be gone for good?! I couldn’t STAND it if they canceled it!!!

Comment by Linda – April 30, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish vegas wasn,t cancelled I really liked that show, I hope you all bring it back. :)

Comment by Chrissy – May 21, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On May 14th I thought I heard there would be a 2 hour finale on the next week, but there is nothing!! Was there a change and was that the end of it for the season?

Comment by Rosann – May 22, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Chrissy – VEGAS had good numbers but skewed very old, which meant it wasn’t pulling in nearly the ad dollars to keep a historical series with two pretty expensive leads on the air. It’s a pity that the studio and CBS couldn’t come to an accommodation to continue the show, though…..

Comment by timeliebe – May 22, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always liked NCIS before, but when they added the character of Ziva, it gave a breath of fresh air to the show. She’s spunky and her skills are right up there with Gibbs, even above Tony’s. Then it was like her and Tony had a sibling rivalry, in so much that they argued, but when it came to it they would put their lives on the line for each other, going back to the basis of Gibbs nature in his Marine Corps training of Semper Fi, Never Leave A Man Behind! I am afraid the show is going to take a big hit when Ziva leaves!!!

Comment by Debi – September 1, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi to every body, it’s my first go to see of this webpage;
    this blog consists of amazing and actually fine information in favor of readers.

Comment by aberrantkismet259.blog.com – October 17, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post