Premiere Date Set for AMC and OLTL Relaunches

The resurrected, revived and slightly reconfigured All My Children and One Life to Live serials will resume their story-spinning, plot-twisting and cliff-hanging on Monday, April 29, it was announced today by producer Prospect Park.

“We thank the fans whose tenaciousness to see these shows return made this historical moment possible. We are determined to repay their support by delivering new and creatively groundbreaking episodes that both the fans, as well as legions of new viewers, will love,” Prospect Park partners Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank said in a statement. “The response and camaraderie of our cast and crew has been inspiring as we have all banded together to succeed in our mission; unencumbered by the creative constraints of traditional broadcast television, to deliver storylines, style and characters that are stronger, with more dimension than ever. Now with our launch date set in stone, we are ready to lead this historic return. To the fans we proclaim, your support counts now more than ever.”

Daytime TV icon Agnes Nixon, who will serve as a creative consultant for both programs, added: “I am so pleased that our dream of bringing these two series back to life is coming to fruition. I am grateful to Prospect Park for their unwavering commitment to this project and to the amazingly talented casts of All My Children and One Life to Live – their devotion to these franchises has made this moment possible. And to the fans – well, we wouldn’t be here without you.”

AMC and OLTL will premiere new, 30-minutes episodes on weekdays via the free Hulu service and to the millions of Hulu Plus subscribers. In addition, the iTunes Store will offer both series.

Here are the new cast photos; click for full-size versions.

AMC_cast_600

OLTL_cast_600

Comments (105)

• Aren’t they going to air on a cable channel too??? Waiting and waiting for them to say so!

Comment by Sam – March 11, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by ThisWontLast – March 11, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, I know for a fact they will air on cable, I just don’t know when, and I wish they’d announce it. One of the AMC actors said they will air on cable.

Comment by Sam – March 11, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is the dream, yes. We will certainly report when/if it becomes a reality.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 11, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thank you very much! I’m hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for news about them being on cable.

Comment by Sam – March 11, 2013 10:28 AM PDT
          • I assume they would have to wait to see if these online reboots are successful in any way. But most consider the internet to be the future of broadcasting. If they get picked up by cable it would be nice, but nobody expects this to happen anytime soon.

Comment by mattyc – March 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT
        • Delusional.

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • TV Gord, an AMC actor confirmed this. Not sure you should be using the word “delusional”.

Comment by Sam – March 11, 2013 01:04 PM PDT
          • It’s true, an AMC actor did confirm. But it’s been speculated for months. I’m confident they will air on cable. TV Gord, I don’t know if you’re a soap fan or one who dislikes soaps, but we’re not the delusional ones.

Comment by Claudia – March 11, 2013 01:07 PM PDT
          • Which AMC actor. If it’s true, surely the AMC actor will be willing to put his/her name forward. (Don’t be so gullible.)

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 02:16 PM PDT
          • @TV Gord – to start with Cady McClain commented on it in Soap Opera Digest.

Comment by Thereasonsy – March 11, 2013 04:54 PM PDT
          • I’ll stand by the word, “delusional”.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:29 AM PDT
        • Cable should die already!! Like the dinosaur it is! The only thing keeping it afloat is HBO and sports!! Everything else is available on the internet!!!

Comment by JASon – March 11, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • UPDATE: I circled back with my sources on Monday afternoon — there is NO cable deal in place.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 11, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • As in yet, right? Because it could still happen, Matt?

Comment by Claudia – March 13, 2013 11:05 AM PDT
    • Yes it will be on FX Canada!

Comment by kim – April 17, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • FX Canada?? What about a cable or regular TV or Soap Net in the good old USA??

Comment by Pam – April 17, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They will be able to get on Cable Starting in September. They don’t have A Specific Cable Channel Though. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Is a cable channel going to be a sure go in September?? Hope so, already heard OL has a lot of bad language included in the soap now.. will they clean up the mouths once they are on cable or no?

Comment by Pam – April 30, 2013 11:14 AM PDT
          • Hello Pam. I think what Prospect Park said was that September would be when They could Approach Cable Channels and see if They will Show All My Children and One Life To Live. I got Soap Opera Digest at the Store Today and It said that Hulu thought that It was Not that Important to have Soap Operas on the Internet. Then, Hulu did some Original Research and Realized how Many Soap Fans said that They would Love to Watch The Soap Operas Online so I don’t Remember whether Hulu Invested in Prospect Park or Told them that They Support Them. That is how Prospect Park Started Trying to get the Soaps Back Online Last December. I think that is why Prospect Park Decided to have Hulu Show the Soaps. I think that Prospect Park wanted to have the People Watch on Hulu around 4 Months before They would have the Soaps on Cable since Hulu Helped to get the Soaps Back Online. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 09:45 PM PDT
          • Soap net would be the perfect place to air OLTL & AMC.. Don’t you think? ABC made a huge, mistake canceling our Soaps, I think they are seeing that now even if they will not admit it.. OLTL was the best Soap on TV, with AMC next, then GH..

Comment by Pam – May 1, 2013 08:46 PM PDT
          • Hello Pam. SoapNet is Owned by ABC. Therefore, ABC is not going to put on the Two Soaps that They Cancelled on SoapNet. Also, Not Everybody has SoapNet. Some Cable Companies Do Not Carry SoapNet. Some might even put SoapNet as A Premium Channel and People might not can Afford that. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – May 1, 2013 10:04 PM PDT
      • Noone seems to know how to watch these shows! How do they expect us to watch if we dont know how? I still have not heard for sure if it will be available in Canada. I want to watch, but they are not making it very easy.

Comment by Krista Pressey – April 18, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hello Kristen. If you Live in Canada, then Watch All My Children and One Life To Live on the Cable Channel FX Canada. All My Children will be on at Noon Eastern Time or 11 AM Central Time in Eastern Canada. All My Children will be on at 2 PM Eastern Time or 1 PM Central Time in Western Canada. One Life To Live will be on at 12:30 Eastern Time or 11:30 Central Time in Eastern Canada. One Life To Live will be on at 2:30 Eastern Time or 1:30 Central Time in Western Canada. All My Children and One Life To Live will have New Episodes and This will Start ONE Week From Today. This is Technically Monday the 22nd of April and One Week will be Monday the 29th Of April. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 22, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is nora gonna be back on with Bo

Comment by Bill Jenkins – March 11, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Robin Strasser (Dorian) in the OLTL cast pic?

Comment by TM – March 11, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was sick. Poor thing has pneumonia. And, HBS was filming Venice, so she missed the shoot.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – March 11, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really cannot imagine many people watching the shows online.
    Especially with many key cast members not participating.
    I say it won’t last long.
    Prove me wrong.

Comment by ThisWontLast – March 11, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone’s a Debbie Downer. There are many, many vets back at both shows. The casts are all pleased as punch. This is a go. Don’t be negative.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – March 11, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m rooting for them to succeed, but I have to agree with ThisWontLast. I just don’t understand how these shows are going to be profitable, and how they will survive once the initial money runs out.

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • TV Gord, Prospect Park is working on getting an American TV channel and a Canadian TV Channel to air these soaps. Probably more countries too. When a channel picks up AMC & OLTL, that will help Prospect Park to profit. It brings in more money. And the free Hulu version is supported by sponsors.

Comment by Claudia – March 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You are reading and believing too many message boards, where people just like you and me are posting crazy garbage that means nothing. If you believe it, you only have yourselves to blame. (I hope you aren’t so gullible when REAL news is being posted, as opposed to people who are just posting their wishful thinking.

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 02:19 PM PDT
          • I am excited to see how this goes just because I think this could be a turning point for the ‘TV’ medium. But I do have to wonder how this could be profitable. Just as an example if each of the AMC cast were to make $50,000 a year – that’s a million bucks in salaries right there. That’s a lot of money to put out before you even start to pay for other things.

Comment by Kristoffer – March 11, 2013 07:46 PM PDT
          • where is this free hula ?everytime I try to go to it it takes me to hula plus which is 799 a month .I watched OLTL and AMC for 30 years .even got my ex watching 1 life to live I think he was more devastated than I was when it was canceled but I’m sorry to say wealthy people don’t really watch soaps it’s more blue collar people and it makes me wonder how many people can afford 8 bucks a month I’m disabled I sure can’t .so I hope it lasts but at that price I seriously doubt it . I know I won’t be a viewer .unfortunately can’t afford it .

Comment by sue – March 28, 2013 10:36 AM PDT
        • They will succeed and won’t run out of money. There will be ads. And web ads are much better sale than tradional ones. ThisWontLast I think you are forgetting someting really important. How many viewers do you believe watched AMC and OLTL on ABC. The amount announced are based on a flaud system called the Nielsen’s. So there are many more millions that have watched AMC/OLTL and most of them did it online. If you can still be able to sit down in front of your tv set and watch your favorite show at the time it airs then all the power to you, but you would be a minority. Most people work nights and weekends, there is no other way for us then to watch online (or DVR that is a whole other topic). The reason it di dnot succeed on ABC it’s because of the limited vision Brian Frons had. All soaps on the air are gaining momentum, just imagine what it will do when you can watch AMC and OLTL on your own timetable and still count as a viewer.

Comment by Jean – March 11, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Look, no one knows if this is going to work. They are taking a huge risk on this. Can they make money? Yes, 1. Production costs are cheaper. 2. There are efficiencies in place to help mitigate costs. 3. Second screen viewership is growing. 4. They have product placements (let’s not forget this is the home of product placement) 5. Ad space on both the websites, Hulu, and iTunes. 6. daily (even with the failed Nielsens) You have a show that is pulling better numbers than most of NBC’s network.

Look at how many people ALREADY watch the show online. You can tell that there is an audience off of it based off of youtube views. It is a gamble but looking at the consumers in question they have a shot. It isn’t a slam dunk but the shot exists. Either tune in and enjoy it or tune out and miss out. Telling people that there is “no hope” is crap when to be honest the only people that know the full story are people that work for Prospect.

Comment by Thereasonsy – March 11, 2013 05:00 PM PDT
        • Don’t be a Debbie Downer!!!! :) It’s all good….

Comment by It'sAll Good – March 17, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not so good if my iPad device will not let me see it.. every time I go to the free hulu, it bypasses free hulu & only gives me an option to purchase hulu plus for $7.99 .. I am from old school, not going to use credit card online..so cable TV will be my ONLY option if it ever makes it to there.. iTunes is only available if your iPad is apple, mine is not.. so I will not get to see it anyway..

Comment by Pam – March 17, 2013 05:00 PM PDT
          • If you have A Desktop Computer or maybe what is known as A Personal Computer otherwise known as A PC, then you can watch Hulu for Free. You will have to wait until you are home to Watch, but I think you can Watch It Anytime that Same Day. I don’t know if It will be up for the Whole Week or Not. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 17, 2013 08:40 PM PDT
          • Thank’s Jody, but I only have an iPad not a computer.. so guess I am out of luck unless they put them back on TV in the future.. probably will be a lot of us older generation that will not get to see it..

Comment by Pam – March 18, 2013 10:11 PM PDT
    • I think you’re right. Too much time has passed, too many people have gotten out of the habit of watching, and too many cast members are not participating. This situation has FLOP written all over it.

Comment by Alex – March 11, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As a true AMC fan I still feel sad every weekday at 1:00pm and still miss my “friends” . I believe other true fans feel the same. I will definitly watch. I am very surprised at how many cast members are returning and I welcome the ones. I can’t wait till April 29th. Welcome back!

Comment by Krista Pressey – March 12, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hello Krista. Many People on the Soap Central All My Children Forum keep going on and on and on about how there are Sooo Many Good Episodes. I was on there A Couple of Hours and I didn’t Finish with the 3 Pages of Comments about Your Favorite Episode of All Time. I think it is Too Full or Busy because The Cursor kept going and going and going and I couldn’t get to That Thread. I think there are more People than that Person and other People like her Realize that Still Want to Watch All My Children and One Life To Live. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 13, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was in tears when I read the new tonight about AMC’s return. I have missed them every day since they left . I still have the 5 last episodes on my DVR, can’t part with them. I anxiously await the return an wonder if other cast members will return if this becomes an on going success. Honestly, people are missing the “soap opera”, just look at the success of Downton Abby!

Comment by Larinda – April 1, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They will have to attract new fans. That is where the youth factor comes in and why half the cast members are bimbos and himbos. I am excited about the endeavor, however long it lasts but the problem is the fans honestly who act like they can’t log onto the internet to watch the show when they are obviously already on the internet because they are making comments on a bulletin board. Hulu can be streamed through a PS3 onto your TV if you want to see it on your TV but soap fans need to destroy the stereotype of the doddering old grandma who can’t work a computer and is afraid because her stories aren’t on the telly anymore. Log on, Grandma and save your soaps!

Comment by Reality Check for Delusional – March 11, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not, I’m going to, every household in the US has a computer. I already watch some shows I missed on TV, but find the episode on-line. I see that AMC have a lot more actors/actresses set on coming back. Give the other’s time. I am looking forward to seeing the shows as I have been a fan of both since the early 70′s. OLTL doesn’t seem to have as many cast members as AMC, but I know of three that have been on GH, which all three departed Port Charles last week. Only time will tell. Be more positive than you are being, I’m a big fan and I’m very hopeful these two shows will thrive on-line or on TV.

Comment by Trisha – March 23, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry but EVERYONE in America does not have a computer, especially the older generation who watched these soaps from the first day they aired.. also WHERE it’s going to air online is not compatible with everyone’s devices.. factor that in with so many newbie,s it will not ever be the same as waiting & watching for it on TV each weekday for the hour spot.. now it is a 30 minute version of a new OLTL..

Comment by Pam – March 24, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, I don’t think Every House Hold has A Computer, but I still think that it will do well because People can be away from Home and Watch on Their I Pods and Other Things. All My Children Seems to have more People because They have The Teenagers. Also, Dorian is Sick and Nora was doing A Play and She IS in the New One Life To Live. The Only People that won’t be on One Life To Live is Roxy and Rex and Jessica and it looks like John McBain won’t be back and I don’t know about Trevor St. John. They may have to Recast Starr. I think that Starr could just go to College and doesn’t have to be there. We don’t have Erica or Tad or Jackson or Kendall or even Greenlee or Ryan. I don’t know how long Eden will be there. However, We do have Angie, Jesse, David Hayward, Zach and Opal, Dixie, Adam and Brooke and Joe Martin. Ruth and Marian are Recurring. They even have the Actress that was Kitty and Kelly for the People who have Watched Longer. So I think it’s Better than People Realize. They might have Alicia in the Summer. Hopefully, Tad will at least be there by the Summer. Maybe Devious Maids and even A Deadly Affair will get Cancelled and Susan will be there Most of the Time Meaning Late Summer or Fall maybe. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 25, 2013 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All My Children was the Number 1 Show on Hulu and I think One Life To Live was the Number 5 Show. Everybody is Praising It from The Today Show to Entertainment Tonight. Many People are Loving the Shows. I think They will be A Big Hit and be Very Successful. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matthew and Destiny have definitely been glammed up for this version.

Comment by TM – March 11, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would have brought back the originals that would have been so good

Comment by Caress Kutschke – March 14, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No complaints. It’s really amazing these are coming back in whatever form. Good to see these actors working. I hope it grows and grows so more people can get back to work.

Comment by Robert in Jersey City – March 11, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! All My Children!!!

Comment by Eric – March 11, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the folks at PP will be unpleasantly surprised how many people just don’t give a crap anymore. They should have struck while the iron was hot and everyone was panicking about the shows going away. Now, it’s been over a year (for AMC anyway) and I think most people have realized they don’t miss the shows as much as they thought they would and are probably glad for the viewing time back. I watched both shows for longer than I’m willing to admit – All My Children was dead in the water years ago; and, while I still enjoyed OLTL, it was mostly for Todd, Starr and Blair. With Todd and Starr eventually going back to GH, I can live without Blair if I have to. These resurrections will be short-lived.

Comment by MLO – March 11, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still miss them as much as ever. Maybe even more. Can’t wait for them to return.

Comment by LLA – March 11, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are totally wrong I miss OLTL and can’t wait till April 29. Heck I still miss GL and wish it never got cancelled.

Comment by moonbunny28 – March 11, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It may be over a year, but most AMC and OLTL fans will watch the show and as the time nears and people find out how to view these two shows, the bigger it’ll become. I found out because I wanted to know why all three stars left GH on the same week, Starr, John and Todd. I actually signed up for Hulu Plus to be able to view these two shows and more of what they are offering. I am home during the day, but I record the three soaps I watch so I can view them when I want to. The two shows that took over both of these time slots, I never watch either of them and one of them went down the drain. I think it was the biggest mistake the TV network made when they took off both shows. They should have tried to combine them, moving AMC out to California was a big mistake. All these years, Pine Valley and Llanview were neighboring towns. That might have worked.
      I think I read these two shows are only 30 minute time slots, is that correct?

Comment by Trisha – March 24, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, All My Children AND One Life To Live Will be 30 Minutes Long. They are doing this to Save Money. Prospect Park Wanted to have 1 Hour Shows, but It Costs at least 45 Million Dollars for One Soap and Nearly 80 Million Dollars for 2 Soaps. Prospect Park said that If These are Successful that they may go to 1 Hour at that Time. By the way, BOTH One Life To Live AND All My Children were 30 Minutes Long when They Started on TV. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 25, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Problem was that Nobody thought that Anybody would watch A Soap Opera on the Internet Last Year. Then, Several Shows such as Tainted Love were done on the Internet and People Become Interested. They Invested the Money and that is why Prospect Park was able to Bring Back All My Children and One Life To Live. Everybody has been Loving the Shows and Various Media has been Praising the Shows. I think This will be on A Long Time. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ll certainly be watching.

Comment by Soapie – March 11, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My mom never watches on the computer, but she’s really excited for this.

Comment by Steven – March 11, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t seem we Canadians will be able to watch it without paying for it (we can’t get Hulu here and iTunes is charging), so I’ll be checking the web for recaps. I have more than enough TV to watch now without being charged extra for shows that may or may not be able to keep up the quality of a network soap. I’m happy for the people who will be able to enjoy it.

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So is this why you are being such a little bitch about the shows coming back?

Comment by Thereasonsy – March 11, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, I guess the truth hurts. And so you resort to insults. I loved AMC and OLTL and a dozen soaps before it, so I’m not happy to see their demise. The time has come, though. This venture has failure written all over it. Nothing you can say is going to make me any less correct, nor is going to make your infantile name-calling any more mature.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey TV Gord. All My Children was Number 1 Show on Hulu and One Life To Live was Number 5 Show on Hulu. That doesn’t sound like Failure To Me. Everybody has been Loving the Shows even the Media like The Today Show and Entertainment Tonight. I think This will be A Big Success. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • R u sure u can’t get http://WWW.hulu om? I commented earlier that I was upset because I couldn’t afford to pay for hula because my smartphone redirects to hula Plus but then I realized on my desktop which I rarely use anymore I use my smartphone for everything that it’s definitely going to be on hula regular d it will be free on my desktop .wow I didn’t realize you got 1 life to live in all my children in Canada there is a channel hear that I have fallen in love with a Canadian show called wind at my back that ended in 99. I love that show I love the reruns .if that’s an example of Canadian TV I think I would love it

Comment by sue – March 28, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to be excited. I was excited.I championed these shows returning. Until Michael Easton & Kristen Alderson were banned from working on GH as any character. This is a PR blunder by Prospect Park. Keep the characters and release the actors if they don’t want to relocate/leave GH. Let the actors work where they want. Let all fans celebrate the return of these two shows and GH’s increased ratings and popularity without the mess. I know this will cue anti-ABC rants. Seriously, this has nothing to do with ABC. I’m a fan who wants to be excited. If Prospect Park is so great to the actors & fans, release ME & KA and let them move on with their careers. Then let all fans unite. Lets celebrate GH, AMC & OLTL . Come on Prospect Park – please do the right thing for all of the actors & fans involved.

Comment by Ava – March 11, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody know what time of day the shows will show up on Hulu?

Comment by Jerri Clorley – March 11, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hello Jerri. All My Children AND One Life To Live will be on April 29th. They will be on Hulu for Free at Noon Eastern Time and 11AM Central Time. I Presume that All My Children will be on from 11-11:30 and One Life To Live will be on from 11;30-12. Those are The Central Times. It will be This way 5 Days A Week, but New Episodes will be Monday Through Thursday. Friday will Still be on At These Times, but Friday will be A Recap Show or about Behind the Scenes or Interviews. Those Friday Shows may be Very Interesting. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 11, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Erica? AMC w/o Erica just seems wrong.

Comment by Gina – March 11, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Susan Lucci is already in two prime time cable shows (Devious Maids and Deadly Affairs). She doesn’t need AMC anymore.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just happy that it’s official and that it through and that they will be back. Anyway I can get to see my AMC family I’m a happy trooper..

Comment by Rhashauna – March 11, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Marc Cherry will let Susan Lucci appear on All My Children. For me, the show won’t be the same without her.

Comment by Maxine – March 11, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marc Cherry isn’t even trying to keep Susan Lucci from appearing on AMC. Where do you get THAT from? It’s Lucci herself, who is rightfully skeptical of these fly-by-night people behind these new internet attempts.

Comment by TV Gord – March 11, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey TV Gord. Susan Lucci IS Supposed to be on One Episode of All My Children. Susan Lucci went on The View and said that She is Trying to Work out A Way for her to be on All My Children. Susan Lucci is in Atlanta Taping Devious Maids so that is why she can’t be in Connecticut Taping All My Children. Also, Susan Lucci is Doing Deadly Affairs. I don’t know where That is Taped. I Presume Los Angeles, but I don’t know. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 11, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know all of that. I saw her on The View. It doesn’t change what I wrote.

Comment by TV Gord – March 12, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hey TV Gord. Susan Lucci Would NOT Agree to Appear on An Episode Of All My Children IF She was Skeptical of These Fly By Night Internet Providers. Susan Lucci Would NOT Say on the View that She Hopes They can Work It out so She can be on All My Children IF She was Skeptical of These Fly By Night Internet Providers. It DOES Change what You Wrote. Also, Susan Lucci Can NOT Be in Atlanta AND Connecticut At The Same Time. Susan Lucci Can NOT Be in TWO Places At the Same Time. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 13, 2013 02:27 AM PDT
  • Why does OLTL have so many fewer cast members than AMC? Will more (like Ilene Kristen and Trevor St. John and Ted King) be added?

Comment by Mike – March 11, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No matter how many times I see AMC here, I always think of the network first.

Comment by Potato strong – March 11, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The AMc picture is much better than the OLTL one.

Comment by Diane – March 11, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I can barely recognize anyone in either! They don’t look like AMC or OLTL

Comment by Thereasonsy – March 11, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited to have OLTL back. I read it will fast forward a year. (In that time I hope they found Victor, Jr alive or at least address it. Tea deserves happiness & Sam needs his dad!! Victor, Jr is his dad not Todd)
    I wonder how the reboot will incorporate the changes that occurred with the characters that have gone over to GH. I read that PP is willing to share & struck a deal with the actor who plays Todd but haven’t heard about the actors who play John & Starr. :/
    I really like Starr & Michael together as a solid couple. I liked John w/Natalie & GH does a good job referencing her & his son but he’s well integrated in GH now. I think having him sometimes go visit would be good but he’s become a part of the GH canvas now.

Comment by Sunshine – March 11, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I give these so-called “reboots” 3 months tops, and would be shocked if they see the light of day beyond that. Once again, there is almost certainly no chance that these old-skewing soaps can/will survive without a cable TV partner to defray the costs, with online advertising as their only source of revenue. After all, even with diminished production values, the shows will still be fairly expensive to produce. Anyone expecting these soaps to look exactly like they did when they left ABC is living in fantasy land and is going to be very disappointed. If ABC (a broadcast network) could not make financial sense of these soaps anymore, what on earth makes an internet start-up think they can? It’s laughably ridiculous. I don’t trust Prospect Park in any way with this after what they pulled last year.

Outside of the rabid die-hards (who are not as large a group as they continue to insist/think), most average mainstream viewers of these soaps moved on a long time ago to other programs/routines and don’t care anymore. Being off the air for more than one year each (a year and a half in AMC’s case) will not help, IMO. This has “FLOP” written all over it.

Comment by Chris – March 12, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen!

Comment by MLO – March 12, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Chris. I think It’s Interesting how You wait until They are about to be Shown and then say you don’t Trust Prospect Park with what They Pulled Last Year. Prospect Park Did NOT have enough Time Last Year. ABC Announced that They were Taking off All My Children in April and They would Take Them off in September. That is around 4 Months. Prospect Park might have needed more Time to Find A Studio or Build Sets. Now, Prospect Park has The Unions, A Studio, Many Actors have Signed Up and Writers and License Fees and The License Fees are For 15 Years and Not for 3 Months. ABC just was Greedy. ABC would rather pay for Some Chairs and A Table and Not for Sets and A Crew and Actors or to do Things like go on Location. We’ll see how well They will do. Hopefully, People like you and TV Gord and Alex will be Wrong. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 13, 2013 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello where is Tad Martin (Michael Knight) We need to see Tad the cadd come back too he is so friendly everytime I have met him please bring him back too we sure do miss him. Now with this new soap can someone bring back a reunion to soap opera weekend to Disney Orlando this would be a great way to bring all the fans back together and we sure do miss them here in Florida I been to all of them and we are missing them Hello Disney I hope your reading this post I know you sure do miss us too……

Comment by Caress Kutschke – March 14, 2013 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Adam and Dixie will Bond over JR being in the Coma. Tad won’t like That so maybe He will Take Kathy and Jenny and Leave Town. Jody Zinaman

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 15, 2013 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is JR in a coma? When did this happen?

Comment by Krista Pressey – March 16, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe JR Shot Himself OR JR Missed and maybe Jesse Shot JR at that Party that was on the Last Episode Of All My Children before it went off the Air. When JR was Shot, then maybe He went into A Coma. JR is supposed to be in A Coma when All My Children comes on Again. I don’t know if we will see JR in A Coma on the First Episode because I don’t know what will be on the First Episode when we will see All My Children. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 17, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they’ll premiere on April 29 (I still won’t believe this until I see it) and I predict by July 29 it’ll be proven what a flop this laughable plan is.

Comment by Chris – March 14, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think the future of “T.V.” viewing will be Cable….On the contrary…More and more people are “MOVING AWAY” from cable and going “on-line”. Not sure why so many posters here want the relaucned soaps on “cable” (?)

Comment by Mar – March 19, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well maybe it’s the convenience of a DVR maybe it’s the nice big screen of a 37 inch or bigger tv. I could go on and on and on .you must be really young .I know I rather be watching it on my 37 inch HD TV TV compare to my 17 inch flat screen computer screen .but I don’t care as long as I’m not having to pay Hulu Plus to watch it I’ll be watching it on the little 17 inch computer screen .

Comment by sue – March 28, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello… please i miss reese and bianca in amc. Why there story end that way, from the start reese want to follow bianca to pine valley or anywhere to find bianca. Because of work loads? Hey reese can handle her schedule to have time for bianca and kids.

Comment by Hope L. Eisma – March 22, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thing is that if we had seen it on Camera, then maybe Reese WAS Too busy to be with Bianca and The Girls OR maybe Reese Wasn’t Too busy to be with Bianca and The Girls. However, the Thing is that Tamara Brawn Wanted to do Other Things and that is why They did that. What I would have done is that Bianca couldn’t get over Reese being with Zach and Things went Down Hill for Bianca and Reese so They got Divorced. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – March 23, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited!!!! Can’t wait for the show to return! Have to watch reruns now!!

Comment by Sheila Hilpert – March 29, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a Senior with a disabled adult child with NO means of support, I do not have a desk top computer, just a little tablet that my son bought, loaned me. I’ve never been on HULU, so I am disappointed that it will not be on tv. However, I hope others can and do watch. If I can figure it out, and I can watch it at a time of my choosing instead of being stuck in one time frame, I may take it up again. I’ve got a lot of responsibility now that I did not have back when I watched it. Hope it does succeed.

Comment by Juanita Kresse – March 30, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hello Juanita. You can watch on your Tablet, but you will have to use Hulu Plus and that will cost you $7.99. I think you may pay that only One Time, but It may be Every Time You Watch OR maybe $7.99 A Month. I just don’t know. Also, You can Watch Any Time You Want, but I don’t know if it is just for that Day OR for A Week. I think They do Take It down before the Next Week Comes. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 1, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hulu plus is $7.99 a month.. I only have a tablet iPad as well, hulu has already informed me my device will not get access to hulu, & I doubt I can get hulu plus either even if I would pay, which I won’t as I do not use credit cards online.. Soooo unless OLTL & AMC is not put on a TV network I shall not get to view it either, which is a disappointment.. guess I will just have to keep up with the story from people who can view it..

Comment by Pam – April 1, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like most of the people that watch soaps are elderly and most don’t have computers or know how to use them. Really wanting to see One Life To Live but its confusing to where to go.

Comment by melissa – April 29, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What really needs to happen is put AMC/OLTL should be aired back on ABC where it all began and put the Chew on one of those cooking channels. Many seniors who had dedicated their time and lives to watching these soaps may not have access to internet to see the new shows. I know I have watched these soapa for over 30 yrs. was upset when they went off, and had always hoped they would come back, and now that it has, I’m unable to watch it. Not fair!!! These soaps deserve to be seen in the traditional way, ON REGULAR T.V.!!! Please bring it back to regular tv. There’s enough crap on regular daytime tv that need to be booted out anyway.

Comment by Faye – April 30, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN !! Faye, I think you said it all.. OLTL & AMC SHOULD be made available on USA TV’s too..Canada can watch our American Soap on TV, Americans who have watched 40+ years should have the same privaledge as our Canadian neighbors.. Not everyone has computers in the senior age group who have devoted years to watching OLTL & AMC..

Comment by Pam – April 30, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hello Pam. People in Canada Can NOT Get Hulu or ITunes in Canada. That Canadian Cable Channel IS The Only Way that Canada Can Watch All My Children and One Life To Live. Jody

Comment by Jody Zinaman – April 30, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hello Jody, more people than you think in the US do not have access to hulu & hulu plus.. such as I pointed out w the senior viewers who are devoted to soap watching.Still need TV channel to pick it up.. Then EVERYONE could watch whichever way they chose, either internet or TV..

Comment by Pam – May 1, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know diehard soap fans want to cheer on these two soaps. OLTL has a lot more of the OLTL flavour and characters – they are basically untouched. AMC well they did the best they can but they may be missing a few too many of the old characters. Making Opal/Brooke/cady as the grande dames of AMC well they are great actors but they are not the fierceness of Susan Lucci – she is the diva, the bomb and the sizzle. Brooke and ADam seemed a bit off though Cady and theyoungers were great. What is wrong with Brooke’s face???? some of the aging is off and awkward. Love Angie and Jessie together though you can see their age. Darnel is an amazing actor. He plays the part with Angie so well – the love and emotions. You wouldn’t know he was gay – such depth to hissacting! Bravo.! I am sorry Jordi and Linsay are beautiful actors but they are not rich in history in AMC and look like add ons. And Zach is really out of place without his family. Missing the kanes is missing the boat. Erica and Kendall and Tad – we need you back.

Comment by Skater Boy – May 2, 2013 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it would be great if Erica, Kendall and Tad came back. But the story lines are interesting and keep me wanting to watch. I love the way they drop names of the other characters that have not returned. Did anyone notice in the first episode Angie said “Lucie got a job in Portland” instead of Maya. And what is up with Zack, he looks like a slob, let the hairstylists do their job!

Comment by Krista Pressey – May 16, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post