Exclusive

Scoop: Alicia Minshew Set for All My Children Encore -- But There's a Catch

All My Children Alicia Minshew ReturnsGet happy-ish, “Zendall” fans — Alicia Minshew is on board for All My Children‘s Hulu/iTunes reboot, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The catch: Sources tell us that Minshew is at this time set for just a one-episode cameo as Kendall, taping this week — though the actress remains in talks to return in a short- or long-term capacity. (Prospect Park, which is producing the relaunched AMC, could not immediately officially confirm Minshew’s encore.)

UPDATE: A reliable insider now tells us that Minshew is shooting scenes with, at the very least, her TV sis Eden Riegel (Bianca).

Minshew’s Pine Valley love interest, Thorsten Kaye (Zach), is among the “new” AMC‘s ensemble of series regulars.

RELATED | All My Children Relaunch Adds David Canary (Adam) and Julia Barr (Brooke)

Production on AMC (and One Life to Live) episodes began on Feb. 25 with an eye on a springtime premiere on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

RELATED | Michael E. Knight Talks All My Children Reboot — Will Tad Be Back?

Since AMC wrapped its broadcast run on ABC, Minshew has completed two independent films: Lies I told My Little Sister and Desires of the Heart (where she plays the female lead). She is next slated to costar in the film Here and Now, playing the grand dame of a small town’s community theater.

1. Valerie says:

Do you by any chance have any updates on the PP’s OLTL/GH tug o’war going on over Michael Easton’s John McBain? An anxious fanbase would love to hear something.

2. Jules says:

Yes Please! We need all the Kane women back in Pine Valley. They were the heart and soul of the show.

• jeanie says:

BIG DITTO TO THAT!! Love watching AMC online!! It’s way better than before!! This is going to be BIG!! Alicia Minshew don’t miss out!!!

3. Shelley says:

Are they shooting in NY or LA?

4. Ricky Ortega says:

Thank you! Alicia is so awesome for doing a cameo!!!! I hope they can get her on for more when her schedule becomes free!

5. Samantha says:

Any news on a cable network airing AMC and OLTL?

6. Gillian says:

After hearing Torsten Kaye say that Zach and Kendall had broken up, I’m wondering where that leaves Kendall. Guess her cameo will answer that.

• Angela says:

he didn’t say they broke up, and if they did, they’ll be back together when Lish returns full time ;)

• Gillian says:

He commented in his Carolyn Hinnsey interview that people say to him “I’m sorry about you & Kendall” & that the storyline mystery is about what happened – it is implied that they broke up.

• Tori says:

He also said that “You and Kendall aren’t together and she may be with someone else” informs every scene he is in.

7. ABC says:

Thanks for posting soap news on here. Keep it up!

8. Scottyb says:

I hope they can eventually work it out it for Alicia Minshew to come back more often. As long time All My Children fan I have often felt that Alicia is the only real heir apparent to Susan Lucci.

9. Lisa says:

Any news on Michael E. Knight? I really hope JR didn’t shoot him :( And when did Thorsten say that they had broken up???

• heidi says:

I saw a video that Cady said about him. A reason he won’t come back is because of her. This is what she had said on the clip. Can that be true?? And why?????? I will miss him on AMC :(

• Marsha says:

Michael had years of the Tad & Dixie dance. I don’t think he is interested in putting on those tight fitting shoes again. Give him the story line he wants & deserves and I’m fairly sure he would come back.

• Yes, it seems Tad (Michael E Knight) is dead. We know that Marissa was killed (presumably) by JR (since Angie says that everybody knows that it was JR, but they framed David for it). Dixie is mourning the lost of Tad, so presumably he is also dead. Don’t know how he died, though.

• Marsha says:

Tad will never be ‘dead’ – some characters you keep – even though they are not involved in the show. They want the door opened in case MEK decides to return. If they write a strong storyline we might see him back. I, for one, do not want him to return and be part of TadDixie. UGH – been involved in that mess for a few decades. I, personally, would love to see him return with some serious attitude and a edge! Remember his ‘twin’ ?? Now, THAT, would be fun – having him return as Bad Tad!

Heidi – he knows if they throw him back with Dixie he’s stuck in that stale role. So, I guess Cady meant what she said. I, for one, would rather wait for his return. Dixie and Tad together again? As much as I miss Tad – that’s not a option – IMHO.

10. Crystal says:

Yes!!!! PV needs at least one of the Kane’s spunky diva. Bianca not counted.

11. Kelly says:

The cameo she shot is a flashback scene with Thorsten explaining her absence and why she is not in Pine Valley. Quite frankly, I hope they did break-up as that will give Zach the ability to move on with someone else and not be side lined.

• Lauren says:

No it’s not. She has not even shot it yet. I heard the scene is with someone else. Can’t wait to see her..if only for a minute!

12. What about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar back as Kendall?

13. Cheryl says:

Is All My Children coming back? I have not watched ABC since the show was cancelled!!

14. Erin says:

Wow, so glad that Alicia is doing a cameo on AMC with Zach, Loved the Carolyn Hinsey article on Thorsten Kaye and can’t wait to see Alicia in the new soap Tainted Dreams.

15. mel says:

Im glad she’s back even for one day. That’s nice for her to do to help lauch the new show. I wish she will sign up long term though, specialy if they could not get susan for the mean time. she’s the only one who can fill her shoe.

16. Volcfom says:

Did anyone else think this was a pic of Whitney and Alex when scrolling down the page? Had to do a double-take.

17. Cynthia Hampton says:

Any news on a firm date for the return???? Doing my happy dance in my chair right now….

18. Sandy says:

When will the shows be back on tv that’s sp great can’t wait!

• Mary Davis says:

I agree that it will be great to see AMC again. I felt as though I had lost a family member when the show was cancelled. I grieved for two weeks!

19. Maureen says:

I’m so excited that OLTL & AMC are back..Can’t wait…

20. Virginia says:

Love both shows and I felt like I was missing friends, will Todd and star and McCain leave their parts now that would leave a gaping whole , well hopefully they will fix it all, after all that is the soaps, anything can be fixed, that is why we love the fantasy.

• Jeffery Jones says:

Unfortunately for OLTL 2.0 Howarth, Easton and Alderson will be returning to GH and OLTL 2.0 will possibly be recasting Todd Manning, John McBain and Starr Manning as GH has opts not to bring over the 3 characters back to Port Charles but the actors will resume back in Port Charles as 3 new characters…rumor mills have been chirping that Roger Howarth will appear as a love child between Mikkos Cassadine’s brother Tony Cassadine and Edward Quatermaines’s niece Alexandria Quatermaine….Michael Easton’s character will be connected to the recent Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley storyline that ended and his character will be another relative of the Morely family who is trying to track down the recently orphaned Rafe Kovich Jr…while Kristen Alderson maybe a the recast of Lucy Coe’s surrogate daughter and Scott Baldwin’s youngest biological daughter Serena Baldwin..but again ALL RUMORS regarding who they will play but its confirmed that Todd, John and Starr will not be appearing in GH and the actors will not be returning to OLTL after their 4 week stint on OLTL 2.0 is over

21. I also like Flash, however I am not a good designer to design a Flash, but I have computer software by witch a Flash is automatically created and no more to hard working.

22. Diane Smith says:

Alicia Minshew (Kendall Slater) needs to come back to the show. Love her feisty vulnerable beauty! So, TOLN needs to do what ever it takes to make this happen. Tad is not dead, Dixie keeps referring to a deep undercover job he is on currently.

23. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog
    platform are you using for this site? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at
    alternatives for another platform. I would be
    fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.