Scoop: Alicia Minshew Set for All My Children Encore — But There's a Catch

All My Children Alicia Minshew ReturnsGet happy-ish, “Zendall” fans — Alicia Minshew is on board for All My Children‘s Hulu/iTunes reboot, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The catch: Sources tell us that Minshew is at this time set for just a one-episode cameo as Kendall, taping this week — though the actress remains in talks to return in a short- or long-term capacity. (Prospect Park, which is producing the relaunched AMC, could not immediately officially confirm Minshew’s encore.)

UPDATE: A reliable insider now tells us that Minshew is shooting scenes with, at the very least, her TV sis Eden Riegel (Bianca).

Minshew’s Pine Valley love interest, Thorsten Kaye (Zach), is among the “new” AMC‘s ensemble of series regulars.

RELATED | All My Children Relaunch Adds David Canary (Adam) and Julia Barr (Brooke)

Production on AMC (and One Life to Live) episodes began on Feb. 25 with an eye on a springtime premiere on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

RELATED | Michael E. Knight Talks All My Children Reboot — Will Tad Be Back?

Since AMC wrapped its broadcast run on ABC, Minshew has completed two independent films: Lies I told My Little Sister and Desires of the Heart (where she plays the female lead). She is next slated to costar in the film Here and Now, playing the grand dame of a small town’s community theater.

Comments (40)

• Do you by any chance have any updates on the PP’s OLTL/GH tug o’war going on over Michael Easton’s John McBain? An anxious fanbase would love to hear something.

Comment by Valerie – March 7, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’m anxious about this too. I really hope Michael Easton will stay on GH as John McBain.

Comment by Melanie – March 7, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me as well, but most of all, I’d just like to know one way or the other.

Comment by Val – March 7, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes Please! We need all the Kane women back in Pine Valley. They were the heart and soul of the show.

Comment by Jules – March 7, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BIG DITTO TO THAT!! Love watching AMC online!! It’s way better than before!! This is going to be BIG!! Alicia Minshew don’t miss out!!!

Comment by jeanie – May 1, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they shooting in NY or LA?

Comment by Shelley – March 7, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stamford, Conn.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 7, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stamford,Connecticut…

Comment by Maureen – March 19, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you! Alicia is so awesome for doing a cameo!!!! I hope they can get her on for more when her schedule becomes free!

Comment by Ricky Ortega – March 7, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on a cable network airing AMC and OLTL?

Comment by Samantha – March 7, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am quite sure we would report on such a thing ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 7, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After hearing Torsten Kaye say that Zach and Kendall had broken up, I’m wondering where that leaves Kendall. Guess her cameo will answer that.

Comment by Gillian – March 7, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he didn’t say they broke up, and if they did, they’ll be back together when Lish returns full time ;)

Comment by Angela – March 7, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He commented in his Carolyn Hinnsey interview that people say to him “I’m sorry about you & Kendall” & that the storyline mystery is about what happened – it is implied that they broke up.

Comment by Gillian – March 7, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He also said that “You and Kendall aren’t together and she may be with someone else” informs every scene he is in.

Comment by Tori – March 7, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for posting soap news on here. Keep it up!

Comment by ABC – March 7, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they can eventually work it out it for Alicia Minshew to come back more often. As long time All My Children fan I have often felt that Alicia is the only real heir apparent to Susan Lucci.

Comment by Scottyb – March 7, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on Michael E. Knight? I really hope JR didn’t shoot him :( And when did Thorsten say that they had broken up???

Comment by Lisa – March 7, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw a video that Cady said about him. A reason he won’t come back is because of her. This is what she had said on the clip. Can that be true?? And why?????? I will miss him on AMC :(

Comment by heidi – March 7, 2013 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Michael had years of the Tad & Dixie dance. I don’t think he is interested in putting on those tight fitting shoes again. Give him the story line he wants & deserves and I’m fairly sure he would come back.

Comment by Marsha – March 8, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, it seems Tad (Michael E Knight) is dead. We know that Marissa was killed (presumably) by JR (since Angie says that everybody knows that it was JR, but they framed David for it). Dixie is mourning the lost of Tad, so presumably he is also dead. Don’t know how he died, though.

Comment by Trevor Williams – May 5, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tad will never be ‘dead’ – some characters you keep – even though they are not involved in the show. They want the door opened in case MEK decides to return. If they write a strong storyline we might see him back. I, for one, do not want him to return and be part of TadDixie. UGH – been involved in that mess for a few decades. I, personally, would love to see him return with some serious attitude and a edge! Remember his ‘twin’ ?? Now, THAT, would be fun – having him return as Bad Tad!

Heidi – he knows if they throw him back with Dixie he’s stuck in that stale role. So, I guess Cady meant what she said. I, for one, would rather wait for his return. Dixie and Tad together again? As much as I miss Tad – that’s not a option – IMHO.

Comment by Marsha – May 6, 2013 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!! PV needs at least one of the Kane’s spunky diva. Bianca not counted.

Comment by Crystal – March 7, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cameo she shot is a flashback scene with Thorsten explaining her absence and why she is not in Pine Valley. Quite frankly, I hope they did break-up as that will give Zach the ability to move on with someone else and not be side lined.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No it’s not. She has not even shot it yet. I heard the scene is with someone else. Can’t wait to see her..if only for a minute!

Comment by Lauren – March 7, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar back as Kendall?

Comment by Tabatha Krystal White – March 7, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah Michelle is too busy she just got cast on that Robin Williams pilot for CBS.

Comment by moonbunny28 – March 7, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is All My Children coming back? I have not watched ABC since the show was cancelled!!

Comment by Cheryl – March 7, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, so glad that Alicia is doing a cameo on AMC with Zach, Loved the Carolyn Hinsey article on Thorsten Kaye and can’t wait to see Alicia in the new soap Tainted Dreams.

Comment by Erin – March 7, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im glad she’s back even for one day. That’s nice for her to do to help lauch the new show. I wish she will sign up long term though, specialy if they could not get susan for the mean time. she’s the only one who can fill her shoe.

Comment by mel – March 8, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else think this was a pic of Whitney and Alex when scrolling down the page? Had to do a double-take.

Comment by Volcfom – March 8, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any news on a firm date for the return???? Doing my happy dance in my chair right now….

Comment by Cynthia Hampton – March 8, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will the shows be back on tv that’s sp great can’t wait!

Comment by Sandy – March 9, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that it will be great to see AMC again. I felt as though I had lost a family member when the show was cancelled. I grieved for two weeks!

Comment by Mary Davis – March 10, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited that OLTL & AMC are back..Can’t wait…

Comment by Maureen – March 19, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love both shows and I felt like I was missing friends, will Todd and star and McCain leave their parts now that would leave a gaping whole , well hopefully they will fix it all, after all that is the soaps, anything can be fixed, that is why we love the fantasy.

Comment by Virginia – March 19, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unfortunately for OLTL 2.0 Howarth, Easton and Alderson will be returning to GH and OLTL 2.0 will possibly be recasting Todd Manning, John McBain and Starr Manning as GH has opts not to bring over the 3 characters back to Port Charles but the actors will resume back in Port Charles as 3 new characters…rumor mills have been chirping that Roger Howarth will appear as a love child between Mikkos Cassadine’s brother Tony Cassadine and Edward Quatermaines’s niece Alexandria Quatermaine….Michael Easton’s character will be connected to the recent Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley storyline that ended and his character will be another relative of the Morely family who is trying to track down the recently orphaned Rafe Kovich Jr…while Kristen Alderson maybe a the recast of Lucy Coe’s surrogate daughter and Scott Baldwin’s youngest biological daughter Serena Baldwin..but again ALL RUMORS regarding who they will play but its confirmed that Todd, John and Starr will not be appearing in GH and the actors will not be returning to OLTL after their 4 week stint on OLTL 2.0 is over

Comment by Jeffery Jones – March 31, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also like Flash, however I am not a good designer to design a Flash, but I have computer software by witch a Flash is automatically created and no more to hard working.

Comment by shamballa beads – June 8, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia Minshew (Kendall Slater) needs to come back to the show. Love her feisty vulnerable beauty! So, TOLN needs to do what ever it takes to make this happen. Tad is not dead, Dixie keeps referring to a deep undercover job he is on currently.

Comment by Diane Smith – July 19, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post