Rylan — whose other credits include Guiding Light and $h*! My Dad Says – joined Y&R in 2010 as Abby Newman; the show’s budgetary concerns prompted her exit at the end of 2012. The actress recently returned to the CBS sudser, but based on the above casting, she’s not long for that world.
In other GH news, Brandon Barash (Johnny) has opted to leave the soap. “With a bittersweet, heavy heart I announce my time at GH has come to an end,” he announced via Twitter, joking, “as I have chosen to move on&pursue my NBA career. I love u all.” (The official Port Chuck Facebook page confirmed the unfortunate casting news.)
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• CMT on Tuesday announced The Cassadee Pope Project, a new series that will follow The Voice‘s Season 3 champ.
• Lo and behold, Supernatural‘s Winchester brothers (and friends) are the latest to join in the “Harlem Shake” meme craze. Press PLAY to see Jensen Ackles (slightly) shake what his momma gave him:
• Regis Philbin is returning to TV as host of an afternoon panel series on Fox Sports 1, a new network from Fox Sports Media Group launching on Aug. 17.
• If Jimmy Fallon is being groomed to be the new Jay Leno when his Tonight Show runs out in 2014, then who’ll be Late Night‘s new Fallon? According to the New York Post, it’s Howard Stern. Sources tell the site that the radio superstar’s America’s Got Talent gig has shown he can be as family friendly as he is shock jock-y.
• Jeff Foxworthy has been tapped to host CBS’ summer series The American Baking Competition. Based on the UK hit The Great British Bake Off, the competition has also locked in foodies Marcela Valladolid and Paul Hollywood as judges.
• TLC has announced that What Not to Wear will air its final run of episodes this summer, starting in July. Them’s the breaks, 360-degree mirror!
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?