TVLine Items: GH's New Lulu Is Y&R Fave, Voice Champ's Series, Supernatural Shakes and More

General Hospital Spoilers Port Charles has found its new Lulu — and she comes via Genoa City!

Young and the Restless fan fave Emme Rylan (former known as Marcy Rylan) has been tapped to replace General Hospital‘s departing Julie Marie Berman, Soap Opera Digest has confirmed.

RELATED | Brenda and Jax to Return for GH Anniversary

Rylan — whose other credits include Guiding Light and $h*! My Dad Says – joined Y&R in 2010 as Abby Newman; the show’s budgetary concerns prompted her exit at the end of 2012. The actress recently returned to the CBS sudser, but based on the above casting, she’s not long for that world.

In other GH news, Brandon Barash (Johnny) has opted to leave the soap. “With a bittersweet, heavy heart I announce my time at GH has come to an end,” he announced via Twitter, joking, “as I have chosen to move on&pursue my NBA career. I love u all.” (The official Port Chuck Facebook page confirmed the unfortunate casting news.)

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• CMT on Tuesday announced The Cassadee Pope Project, a new series that will follow The Voice‘s Season 3 champ.

RELATED | Supernatural First Look: Angelic Castiel Returns… With a Demonic Special Guest!

• Lo and behold, Supernatural‘s Winchester brothers (and friends) are the latest to join in the “Harlem Shake” meme craze. Press PLAY to see Jensen Ackles (slightly) shake what his momma gave him:

• Regis Philbin is returning to TV as host of an afternoon panel series on Fox Sports 1, a new network from Fox Sports Media Group launching on Aug. 17.

• If Jimmy Fallon is being groomed to be the new Jay Leno when his Tonight Show runs out in 2014, then who’ll be Late Night‘s new Fallon? According to the New York Post, it’s Howard Stern. Sources tell the site that the radio superstar’s America’s Got Talent gig has shown he can be as family friendly as he is shock jock-y.

• Jeff Foxworthy has been tapped to host CBS’ summer series The American Baking Competition. Based on the UK hit The Great British Bake Off, the competition has also locked in foodies Marcela Valladolid and Paul Hollywood as judges.

• TLC has announced that What Not to Wear will air its final run of episodes this summer, starting in July. Them’s the breaks, 360-degree mirror!

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Jessica says:

I was sad to hear that Julie Marie Berman was leaving as Lulu because I thought she was a great actress, but Marcy Rylan is a fantastic recast! I watch both GH and Y&R, so I will miss her as Abby, but Y&R should have put her on contract since she is so popular with fans. Y&R’s loss is GH’s gain!

• Gillian says:

Emme/Marcy is a great choice for Lulu. She is a very funny actress and will be comedic gold with Tony Geary, much like Nathan Parsons as Ethan. Sorry to hear about Brandon leaving but best of luck to him! Perhaps Johnny Z will return to GH someday?

• big cheddar says:

Personally, I think she would make a great Maxie, but I’m willing to give her a shot as Lulu. She’s really great on y&r, so I’ll cut her some slack.

• Shaun says:

She doesn’t strike me as a physical actress,and Lulu is really athletic looking.

• databris says:

She was in one of the Bring it On Movies.. thats seems pretty physical to me. I am sure she didn’t do a lot of the stunt work.. but the dancing probably

• Gh Fan becoming more displeased with the show says:

This show has becoming more and more disatisfying, from the insertion of the OLTL characters,Maxie having lulus baby, This spencer/casadine old dead and beaten horse of a story. Even bringing back Laura this show has become tired. Now , Rylan is on, She wasn’t a good actress on GL or Y&R infact she only inspires me to change the channel. The should just cancel GH already before the shows loses what little appeal it still has left.

• wish says:

i agree i dont like the new lulu she doesnt have the karma or attitude of lulu use to watch every day now i dont care if i miss or not

• Peytonelizabeth says:

I think emme is an amzing actress i know her personally she is sweet funny and an amazing person she is beautiful never give up ilysm

• tess says:

I’m so with you on this , i’m am getting soo tired of all these “new” characters, that now i don’t really even want to watch GH anymore. you know that saying “If nothings broken don’t fix it”. nothing was wrong so why did they go mess it all up.

• I totally agree! i think she sucks as Lulu.

• Peytonelizabeth says:

• jeylynne says:

Peytonelizabeth I agree with you about Emme. As I do not know her personally, I do agree she is a beautiful talented actress. Someone said she looks old, then somebody else says she looks twelve. The fact is people just like to complain.and when your in the public eye there ate more people to complain about you. First of all, Julie Marie Berman opted to leave the show,I understand that fans of the show may have grown to like her, but the fact is, she left. I think Emme is a good replacement and I think fans just need to see her talent for themselves.

• I hate her says:

I WILL be changing the channel…refusing to watch until they recast!…she sucks

• Peytonelizabeth says:

FOR EVERYONE WHO SAID SHE SUCKS AND THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE CHANNEL AND THAT SHES UGLY AND HAS TOO MANY MOLES ON HER FACE ARE IDIOTS EMME IS AMAZING AND I KNOW HER PERSONALLY ITS REALLY RUDE TO SAY THAT SHE IS AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL FUNNY AND AN AMZING ACTRESS SO JUST SHUT UP AND DONT SAY ANYTHING IF ITS NOT NICE THANKS! Bye

• ajax says:

I gather you are a friend of Marcy Rylan, if so I wish she could read her reviews. I LOVED her on Y&R, she was simply FANTASTIC & I wish she had never left, but as Lulu she’s really awful. Since we know she can act why can”t she bring her own wonderful personality to the role of Lulu? She could really be terrific if she didn’t have to remain so devoid of any kind of personality.

• ajax says:

Marcy Rylan is horrible in the role of Lulu…as much as I loved her on Y&R, I dislike her a million times more on GH..I hope she is somehow able to come up with a personality..she’s so utterly devoid of any personality that’s its unbelievable. It feels like she’s sleep-walking through her scenes! I’m sure she’s a good actress so I can’t figure out why she doesn’t make the role of Lulu her own. I hope she reads her reviews & gets a clue!

• Bonnie Boose says:

LuLu’s replacement is horrible. She looks like a 12 year old and has no class nor guts like the character LuLu did. Usually, when someone leaves you try to find a 1/2 close resemblance to the former star.

• Martha Portera says:

I agree , I don’t like the new LuLu at all, she doesn’t look good with Dante.

• Candace says:

I agree. I think Rylan is boring compared to Berman. Don’t particularly find her funny either. I also find Laura boring and don’t understand bringing her back.

• Cynthia gallego says:

I’m sorry I have been watching gh for over 35years and I really don’t like the new lulu at all , she aweful nothing like Julie ,, I hv seen them come and go but between Julie ans Jason your losing more viewers . Bring them back plssss

• ajax says:

I love GH but I have to fast forward through any scenes with Lulu..she is simply horrible & I’m hoping they get rid of her. There must be someone out there who can act! Maybe they could bring back the old Lulu, she was great!

• ajax says:

I couldn’t agree more, the new Lulu is embarrassingly AWFUL

2. Julia says:

Oh Gawd Jensen shakin it up! LOOOOVEEEE IT!!!!

3. Shazay says:

I like Marcy aka emme, but I don’t think she’s right for Lulu. I hope this doesn’t mean Abbey is being killed off.

4. Kresh says:

that spn video made me lol! :D

5. nguber says:

Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    I am not for The Cassadee Pope Project at all. And yay maybe GH will appreciate Emme Rylan more that Y&R did because chick is amazing.

6. Drew says:

LOL… bodybag guy.

7. jsswite says:

Just can’t picture her as LuLu. She looks too old for the character. Then again, she looked ot old to be Abby Newman.

8. Linda says:

That video is never going to get old. Lol, Jensen’s shaking what the good Lord gave him. :D Body bag guy is Osric Chau, he plays Kevin.

9. JamandaFan says:

Is this casting payback for YR stealing Steve Burton? I can’t wait to see what she does with the part–so much better then casting a newbie who has to learn how to act while on the show!

10. Jade says:

Jensen’s got some moves for a white boy!..lol

11. Elyse says:

LOVE the Supernatural Harlem Shake video :) :)

12. katy says:

Why did Marcy change her name?

13. Carrie says:

Oh, my goodness. Could Jensen be any more adorable??

• Anna says:

Seriously. This whole Harlem Shake thing is dumb, but I totally watched that video more than once to see him dance.

14. Tran says:

If only GH can still re-cast Jason Morgan now that Steve Burton is doing Y&R.

15. Morgen says:

Sad for Y&R fans like me who loved her as Abby, but wishing Ms. Rylan the very best in Port Charles. Hope they are giving her a decent contract and a good paycheck.

16. Robin says:

Well dang! I was happy to have Marcy/Emme back on Y&R…I guess they’ll just recast Abby now…and that is usually not a good thing… :/ booo! But I guess I should be happy for the actress.

17. B says:

WHAT NOT TO WEAR CANNOT END

18. Patricia says:

Isn’t Marcy/Emme Rylan 10 or 12 years older than Julie Marie Berman? Lulu was a great character with many different moods and so much depth. She was dramatic, emotional, honest, generous, loving, impulsive and so much more. She was anything but one dimensional! And she was never, EVER, the perky, mindless cheerleader type- Thank God! The character of Abby is always perky and mindless and one dimensional as portrayed by Ms. Rylan. A terrible recast!

19. janet wrobleski-belrose says:

I hate the Lulu recast too! Lulu is supposed to be 24 yrs old. The new Lulu is 10 yrs older & looks it! If JJ ever comes back as Lucky- he’ll look like her “little” brother! GH shoud’ve cast an unknown- surely there were better choices than Ms Rylan!

• tress rice says:

i hate it when u change new people it makes the show a turn off i m not famier with her but i dont like her already good luck to lulu but i wish she would stay. the show is not the same when u change charectors. just saying

20. rozeena ishmael says:

i think that she would be a great recast although we loved lulu she can never be replaced but sad for her though I will miss her

21. amanda says:

I’m so unhappy with the actress change gh made with lulu…and why did star leave?

22. Sara says:

I can’t say I’ll be as interested in the Dante/Lulu storyline anymore…even though Dante is hot. I hate when characters are recasted! Loses so much of the draw to the show!

23. Lucy says:

I want lulu back she was so good ughhh always changing ppl, this lulu looks old :(:(

24. Jazmine says:

This is just unacceptable . I have grown to love lulu !

25. Imman says:

I hate GH now Lulu cannot be replaced the love/storyline/friendship between her Dad and Lucky Maxi and more importantly Dante is irreplaceable!!!!
    I’m not watching it anymore first Jason now Johnny now Lulu I’m done GH!

26. Vicki Jones says:

just found out about lulu change.I am so upset. Lulu looked like she could have been luke and laura’s real daughter, excellant casting. I loved watching lulu and dante become a couple and now with the baby story I am really upset. Don’t know if I’ll watch, although I love the girl they recast her with on YNR. But she is abby not lulu.

27. Raye says:

I hope the replacement for JMB is good. She is replacing someone we already love, so maybe it will be okay. But Starr, that brought into the storyline from OLTL was the worst actress I’d seen in a long time. Glad she left.

28. kim says:

I’m getting tired of gh replacing all my faves. I know a few ppl who have stopped watching because their getting rid of good characters and replacing them with ppl like dr westborn and her mother I mean cmon get rid of them not ppl like robin or jason. By the time they bring jadon back I will have stopped watching the show. U can’t kill off main characters that kills great shows

29. soap_on_a_rope says:

Honestly, I would rather see characters “killed” off or kidnapped a la Robin than recast. I hate recasts with a passion! When actors are good, they become their characters, and it’s jarring and unpleasant to see new people “pretending” to be them. Just think of the dramatic storyline they could’ve worked out if Lulu had been presumed dead. A devastated Dante would have wanted to cling to the only piece he had left of Lulu, her baby, which would really have upped the stakes for Maxie. Anyway, what’s done is done, I guess, but I hope they’ll at least find a way to break up Dante and Nulu now because it’s just too weird watching him act as if this total stranger is the love of his life.

30. Shiliyanah says:

So upset by this ! Very disappointed!!!!

31. Faye says:

I don’t like the recast of Lulu. If GH had to recast Lulu choose an actress around the same age. Or at least someone that reminds the fans of the old Lulu in some kind of way. I’m sure Ms. Rylan is a good actress, but she doesn’t strike me to be the right one for this charater. I’m sad JMB left the show. Best wishes to JMB.

32. Linda says:

I hate the new Lulu in GH.. They can’t just change ppl like that. I like the old one!!

33. Mare says:

At the height of a huge story line of Jason and Sam finally getting their baby back u kill him off which really don’t know for sure he was killed off we were just left hanging Jason and Sam and Carly and sonny made that show then u stupid people play with us about robin and now got tel tweets after dr drake… More mistakes with lulu and Dante i watched gl for 35 years i thought it would Always be ghere then i went to gh liked it but now seems like old drop by days and main characters are at bottom of script plz stop recast robin, jasonand put lulu back on

34. alissa says:

As a long time watcher of Gh. This new Lulu is a terrible actress, she ruined the role of Lulu, too bad they couldn’t have found someone who could act.

35. Maddi Sims says:

I also don’t like the new Lulu. Come on!!!! And Jason gone right when he and Sam have their family. This mess with Lulu is so stupid!!!! I have watched for 50 years. It was the one show my sisters and I had in common with our mom. She gone now but she is probably roll over in her grave. Let’s get back to the GH we love bring our people back

36. CeeDee says:

First Jason (and I Heard Steve Burton Left to Spend Time With His family but ends up on The Young And The Restless) now LuLu Which Is A Mess Cause Come On Her Replacement Is A Drip She Can Not Hold A Candel To Julie Marie Berman She Had Brass And So Much Class The Replacement Who’s Name I don’t Know Cause I Don’t Care Is A Wet Blanket No Excitement at all I Was Sad To See “All My Children” And “One Life To Live” Go but if “General Hospital” keeps This Up It May As Well Be Goen Too You Need Better Replacements Please Find A new NEW LuLu. The Only Thing Keeping Me Watching Is The Fact That Genie(Laura) Francis ,Tyler(Nicolas) Christopher, Shean (A.J) Keanen, Are Back and I Hope thah it is for good but if not (Piff) Once They’re Goen So Am I Oh And Please BRING BACK NATHAN ( ETHAN) PARSONS AND JONATHAN (LUCKY) JACKSON it Was Cool To See Him (Ethan) Help Luke& Laura on The Haunted Star and it would be a real treat to see the Family Together But Fix LuLu First BRING BACK JULIE MARIE PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEASE

37. Harry Bush says:

I think it’s time………..general hospital is over ! We could be watching better shows than this, please end the show ! It sucks now……game over.

38. Harry Bush says:

Yep ………after todays general hospital show, it should definitely be taken off the air ! We’re wasting air time folks! Anything would be better than this, even watching Richard Simmons would be better than this!

39. The NuLulu with Dante is not working for me. Just let this new chick be with Magic Milo and get the Dante/Lulu divorce in the works already please! They can find someone to match better with Dante, I’m sure. I know they are going thru a bunch of new character changes, but I’m not impressed with many of the current story lines on the show. Beginning to lose faith in my favorite show…not cool!

40. Sunshine says:

I do not like the new Lulu. Don’t think this actress has what it takes. Like the other Lulu much better.

41. Diana says:

Why you are bringing back old character like Roger Howarth who played as Manning and give him a new role as Franco?
    Also Starr Manning was dating Michael and now she is back under another name as Kiki and dating Morgan?

42. Samantha says:

I am not a have of the new Lulu. Lulu should be strong, confident, and full of fire. The new actress (Emme Rylan) is too much of a waif. Jen Lilley would have been a great choice for the new Lulu.

43. Lisa says:

Do not like the new Lu Lu at all.

44. IHateNULU says:

OMG Emme Rylan sucks as LULU!! I hope someone with enough power out there reads this and fires her!! If they don’t recast her I’m NEVER watching the show again!