Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Body of Proof Puts Its New Detectives on Display

Are you enjoying Body of Proofs fresh blood? Then you’ll want to check out the following exclusive photo, in which new players Mark Valley (Human Target) and Elyes Gabel (Game of Thrones) join the cast of the ABC drama for a morgue-set group shot.

RELATED | Scoop: Body of Proof Books Sarah Jane Morris

Both characters are sure of themselves; Valley is a onetime love interest of Megan’s who transfers to Philadelphia to win her back, while Gabel plays the smart, cocky Det. Adam Schaeffer. How do you think they mesh with Megan and her team?

Check out the first look below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts. And don’t forget to tune into tonight’s new episode, featuring guest star Tim DeKay (White Collar).

MARY MOUSER, WINDELL D. MIDDLEBROOKS, GEOFFREY AREND, JERI RYAN, DANA DELANY, MARK VALLEY, ELYES GABEL

1. Gwen says:

We’re big fans of Mark Valley so we are happy that he has joined the cast.

2. Robert Taylor says:

How is this photo any different from the tens of thousands of other police/CSI/lawyer/blah blah cast photos? ABC need free publicity or something?

I did love the “Body of Proof” poster from (I believe) last year with Dana Delany in that stunning red dress and rose petals everywhere. It’s almost sad to see the promotional campaign reduced to this.

• Kvivik says:

Ethan and the new cop partner do not belong in this picture…or at least look right. Ethan is just standing there staring out into space like a stick and the partner guy looks like a lost puppy who’s not sure if he’s supposed to be there.
      Hate this picture and agree that it looks like every past L&O:SVU cast picture I’ve ever seen (except last years which was pretty cool).

3. GeoDiva says:

Ugh! Can we get rid of Lexie, please?

4. Ellen says:

Eh. Not liking the “rebooted” version. Yawn.

• Kvivik says:

I don’t mind having different cops working with her, but I miss Peter. I’m hoping that they get a decent investigator that can stand up to Megan like he did and kick some a$$ too. Guy or girl, don’t care, just make the investigator believeable (which the girl from the pilot was not!).

5. Alex says:

I hate the changes. Mark Valley’s character sucks, and Megan is much more shrill and unlikeable this season than in the past. They should not have gotten rid of Peter. If they wanted to dump some characters, those annoying lab people should have gone… especially Ethan Gross, who is incredibly irritating and adds nothing of value to the show. Judging from the ratings for the first two new episodes, Body of Proof is in real danger of being cancelled. And I won’t care if it is.

6. Perfetch says:

Any chance of a hi-res version guys?

7. dq18 says:

I preferred the original. I am trying to like this one, but if it takes much more effort it is a goner…

8. Marie says:

Not missing Peter. Have always enjoyed Mark Valley’s work. I agree, Megan is so harsh this season as to be unlikeable. Anyone watching for the first time would think “why should I watch this bitch every week?”. Hurry up and give the character some warmth already. I like Lacey. I do find the younger nerdy dark curly haired guy unlikeable. Still gonna watch this show, but I’m afraid the writing’s on the wall (or in the toilet). Unfortunate because I’ve loved Dana Delaney ever since China Beach.

• Jake says:

Really? First off we are only two episodes in and they dealt with Megan’s daughter being kidnapped. I think that might have had something to do with it. BTW I am a huge Dana Delany and Jeri Ryan fan so maybe I am just spouting off. No offense!

• Chris says:

Why would they change her. It worked for House. Know-it-all douchy characters seem to be the go to thing now in television.

9. Like Mark Valley, always have. His partner? meh.

10. Liz S. says:

I’m really enjoying the new rebooted version. I love Mark Valley and think he is a great addition to the cast. While I liked Peter, there was no chemistry between him and Megan and it got weird when they hooked him up with the other character who died. As for Ethan Gross, I think he provides great comic relief to the show. I hope ratings improve because I find it a highly enjoyable procedural.

• Jake says:

Totally agree!

• Kim R says:

I, too, totally agree. With all of the changes announced before it aired I was a little skeptical as to how it would play but I am not missing anyone. I’d say they did a good job transitioning the viewers. :)

11. Skyfan says:

It’s too bad there wasn’t any transition of the police team; liked the interactions with the old bunch better. Not sure the whole “crisis of the week” versus “investigative forensics” is the right format for this show. In short, it’s slipping from my interest. Oh, well…

12. cookie says:

I also agree, the writers need to soften her character. Maybe after the kidnapping,hope she sees things differently. Also I love Mark Valley!!! Let him do his job, please.

13. TVDIVA says:

I watched seasons 1 and 2 again before season 3 started. Although I miss Peter, Sam and Bud, I am happy with the reboot.

14. Huge fan of Mark Valley and while I loved Peter’s character, I think this if allowed to play out will be much more interesting.

15. Sarah says:

Can’t stand Mark Valley. Was so happy when he left Boston Legal and I stopped watching Harry’s Law when I saw him in it. Switched over immediately and I’ll watch Kathy in anything. Body of Proof is finished for me.

16. Erica says:

I thought I wasn’t going to like the new cops, but I have really enjoyed them, especially the younger guy

17. Shar says:

Could the daughter perhaps go away to the same school as the kid from Smash?

18. chistosa says:

I am apparently one of the few who like Human Target and I particularly like Mark Valley. I was pleased when he joined the cast of Harry’s Law but I did not care much for his character. So I am one fan who likes his addition to the cast.

• Carrie says:

I love Mark Valley, and I like this years Body of Proof!

• Lana says:

I loved Human Target too so did my husband and we love having Mark Valley on Body of Proof. I love this new casting even though I enjoyed the old but I prefer Mark to whoever played Peter just because I am crazy about Mark and I like his character and I am rooting for him to soften up Megan. I love the two guys in the lab, always have and I can’t wait for the next murder to solve.

19. nick1372 says:

I’m having varied feelings about this reboot. I like the more exciting plots and the trying out new medical investigators. However, Bud and Sam were much better than Tommy and Adam. Adam epecially is BORING!! Also, does the writing feel off this season? I remember it being lighter and more sarcastic.

20. JC says:

I tentatively am enjoying it so far. I miss Bud and Sam though – especially Bud. I am not missing Peter (I am one of the few, apparently, that never cared for the character) – Mark Valley is a definite improvement there. That is not to say that I’m totally on board with the Tommy character yet, but I do think Mark and Dana have some good chemistry. Elyes Gabel’s character has been a pleasant surprise so far – casting really does make all the difference. I groaned when I read his character description, but he’s not been nearly as obnoxious as I expected. However, the biggest problem that I’ve had with the season so far has been Kate’s political story arc. Not enjoying that at all. I’m a huge Jeri Ryan fan, so I really hope they don’t end up making me hate the character.

21. Carol says:

I really liked the first two seasons of this show. This year we have blood and guts, the devil and a witchy Megan. Not a fan anymore.

22. Dee says:

I’m a fan from the beginning, love the “human target” addition:). I do wish the writers would stop already with the crisis and let us just have some regular ole’ crimes with forensic investigations. I can appreciate having them write the daughter in but please stop with the crisis, maybe she can just live a normal teenage life with a “too busy for you missing mom storyline”. Oh, glad Peter is gone, he was soooooooooooo boring.

23. Apple Annie says:

the writers have Dana actinhg like a Bitch. It is getting old. Stop It.

24. Jenn says:

I have been a huge fan of Body of Proof until this last “Devil” episode. Megan is becoming less likeable to watch, especially when she told her daughter that she didn’t believe in God, but “God in Science”. Really? Pretty sad!

25. Wild says:

like the pic. love the show and all of the cast.

26. Cree says:

Why would that butcher this show. It was great before, now it’s boring and pretentious. Bring back Bud!! He was hillarious.

27. Julie Purchase says:

I like the idea of a medical examiner working hard to solve the mystery of how a person was murdered. The method for solving the crime is fascinating. However, the last two episodes of Body of Proof left me wondering if I can continue watching it. So much sex in the March 26 episode and gruesome bloody violence in the April 2 took away much of the intrigue of Megan’s dedication of investigating the details of the crime. I liked the show much better last year. What about a good, well told crime solving mystery without all the personal side stories. Soften Megan up. She is brutal to Mark – I do like him. Romantic tension between characters is preferable to blatant sex scenes. I really don’t care about their personal lives.

28. Debbie says:

Love all the characters, especially the new ones this season Mark Valley and Elyes Gabel, but Lorraine Toussaint is like fingernails down the chalkboard. Replace her….

29. Debra Brown says:

Love the show. Hope it get renewed for next year. I love Megan and Tommy together. On last nite’s ep, she wanted the past put behind them. Tommy may be right about what’s going on. Keep that storyline going. She needs him. One of the reason I watch. Plus, the writing is great. Keep that going, too!

30. jm says:

Wow, what happened to this show? Tonight’s episode is horrendous. Not sure which is worse, the writing, the plot, the acting, the special effects of the plane crash… I liked the last couple of seasons but it has definitely jumped the shark this year.