Exclusive Girl Meets World Casting News: Meet Cory and Topanga’s Son Elliott!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Fishel_Savage_HalmHey girl, meet your older bro!

TVLine has learned exclusively that relative newcomer Teo Halm is joining Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World pilot as Cory and Topanga’s son, Elliott.

As we previously reported, Rowan Blanchard will play Halm’s onscreen sis and the prospective series’ title character, Riley.

RELATED | Girl Meets World: 7 Possible Story Ideas!

The Boy Meets World spin-off — which picks up more than a decade after ABC’s TGIF staple went off the air — secured leads Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel in November. In a Tumblr post written soon after she signed onto the pilot, Fishel assured Boy‘s loyal (and — judging by social media — super-jazzed) fans that the new sitcom would share “familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages” with the original.

RELATED | 9 Network Shows on the Verge of Cancellation

It also shares a key behind-the-scenes player: Boy Meets World creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs is in charge of the pilot, which begins production later this month for consideration on Disney Channel’s 2013-14 schedule. Sitcom vet John Whitesell (Roseanne, Cosby Show) is set to direct.

Comments (47)

• He kinda looks like he would be Shawn’s kid not Cory’s.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 4, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh oh. Topanga’s got some explaining to do.
      But I could definitely see this kid being Cory and Topanga’s son.

Comment by Eric – March 4, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. I definitely agree with you there.

Comment by Mel (@MellieMel6) – March 4, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can you follow @DumbTVViewer?

Comment by Dumb TV Viewer – March 4, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would if you were funny.

Comment by AaronExplicable – March 5, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol i cannot even wait for this to air i am a huge boy meets world fan i love the show and still watch repeats till this day!! @bensavage @DanielleFishel you guys are my favorite tv couple!!! :) :) :)

Comment by Kaytie – March 7, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently this kind either takes after Eric’s pretty side of Cory’s family or Topanga’s pretty side of her family.

Comment by Michael G. – March 4, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh oh… PLOT TWIST!?

Comment by Bob – March 4, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He kind of looks like Eric!

Comment by iMember – March 4, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Topanga’s hair and Older Cory’s half smile. It’s coming together. :)

Comment by Cassie – March 4, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eerily enough, he looks like he could be Eric’s kid. But Matthews genes are Matthews genes, I suppose.

Comment by Yonas – March 4, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thinking he shared eric’s features….but now that someone else has mentioned it, i do see the shawn resemblance…lol

Comment by kristy – March 4, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ..maybe Shawn and Eric had a kid. ;)

Comment by Linda – March 4, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Naw, if Eric had a kid with anyone, it’d be Jack. ;)

Comment by Eric – March 4, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will it come on ??

Comment by JoAnna Elder – March 4, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read the freaking article people

Comment by B – March 4, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I guess the show never really followed a correct timeline, considering they skipped from being a freshman to being a junior in the span of a season…

Comment by Babybop – March 4, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this rate, the pilot would have to be very bad for the show not to be picked up, all the buzz it is getting.

Comment by Martin – March 4, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no way whatsoever that this show will not be picked up. If the pilot is horrible (which I doubt), they’ll pick it up and retool it/do re-shoots.

Comment by Anna – March 4, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get why they just don’t order it to series …there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of it not getting picked up. If they are in any way worried about ratings, they should do a 2 hr movie pilot to test the waters then call for a full order. But I doubt that’s needed.

Comment by Danielle H. – March 4, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OLDER brother?! Wasn’t it already a stretch for these two to have a 13 year old daughter? How old are Cory and Topanga supposed to be?

Comment by Kaliera – March 4, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From what I understand they changed it to make Cory & Topanga’s daughter to now be 11, so Elliott is 12 or 13, it works within the timeline, by the time this airs it’ll probably close to the end of the year

Comment by Angela – March 4, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • angela cory and topanga daughter isnt 11 she going to be 12 a year younger when cory and topanga started in boy meets world

Comment by Steven Dudley – March 5, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah.. some people need to grow up and move on. I hope this show dies a quick death.

Comment by Christian – March 4, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Because you don’t want to watch it? I don’t understand people like you. No need to be nsasty to those of us who are looking forward to it. I highly doubt having this show on is going to ruin your life.

Comment by Julie – March 5, 2013 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yet you’re here replying, so clearly you must care enough to do that. I can’t with stupid comments *shakes head*

Comment by Angela – March 5, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get the Disney Channel… but I’ll keep an eye out for this on Netflix.

Actually, it’d be cool if they put the old show on Netflix.

Comment by Drew – March 4, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no way Cory would have had 2 straight haired kids.

Comment by call maury on this one – March 4, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its not impossible, Alan had two straight haired kids (Eric and Morgan). And his hair does have a bit of a wave to it like Alan. Maybe the hair skipped a generation.

Comment by Kyle – March 5, 2013 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except Topanga is also naturally curly! She starts straightening her hair in high school, so some people forget. I don’t that two curlies procreated and had two straight hair kids. I don’t know the exact genetics, but it seems implausible to me…

Comment by twilight123 – March 5, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If Cory has a straight haired mom and two straight haired siblings he has one allele for straight hair and one for curly. He has phenotypically curly hair but the potential to pass on a straight haired gene (50/50) All it takes is Topanga to also have a straight haired gene to pass along and BOOM straight haired children.

Science!

Comment by Jackie H – March 5, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My husband and I both have curly hair and so far all of our kids have straight hair.

Comment by Abby D – March 5, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • um seriously ? the HAIR is your concern?! LOL theyre not actually their kids, they don’t have to look exactly like them or even remotely like them. This is ridiculous. It’s a tv show. I think people these days expect tv to be an exact replica of real life, which it’s not at all. It’s fiction.

Comment by aisha – March 6, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “they don’t have to look exactly like them or even remotely like them.”

Right…you would totally accept some Japanese or black kid as their biological kid. I’m not saying I disagree with the casting choices, but to act like looks play zero part in it because is fiction is just ridiculous. There’s something called suspension of disbelief, and any show that’s even loosely tied to reality should make some attempt to follow basic guidelines like having kids bare some resemblance to their parents unless their meant to be adopted.

Comment by Kyle – March 6, 2013 05:59 PM PDT
  • He looks way more like Cory and Topanga than the little girl does. Is she supposed to be adopted?

Comment by Aerin – March 5, 2013 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twilight two curly headed people can have a kid with curly hair and two curly headed people can have a child with straight hair.

Comment by William peterson – March 5, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i find it amusing that people are concerned because the people who play the kids don’t look like them ! are you freaking kidding me ! its a tv show and they’re ACTORS who are UNRELATED, of course they’re not going to look alike. So stupid

Comment by aisha – March 6, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also find it amusing that people are concerned about the ages of the children. ITS. FICTION. DEAR. GOD. ITS. NOT. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. REALISTIC.

Comment by aisha – March 6, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since no one else is saying this i will. I have been a fan for as long as i can remember and i got to watch the show everyday of my life or atleast when it was on. When u watch a show like this that runs that long u start to kno love and respect those characters. U start to kno how they act or what they are gonna do and u start to feel like u are one of them or they are one of us. Now with this new one coming out they should def stick to making it as closely as the last one because it had hue fan base and sold well and the world got to kno these characters as they were real so having the right hair or color of eyes or height is a big deal to alot of people.

Comment by michael – March 16, 2013 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yes cory and topangas son looks like rider had a kid with eric or jack lol so they might want to rethink that one. And has onyone heard about rider or any of the others starring in the show? Or is it just gonna be danielle and ben?

Comment by michael – March 16, 2013 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to this show. I always loved BMW when I was a teen and I still watch the reruns at 31. I grew up with a huge crush for Topanga and still have it today LOL!!!! Good luck with the show all…

Comment by Joshua Collinsworth – March 18, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bmw is one of the tv shows i never got tired of watching the reruns!

Comment by Dindo D. Camaligan – March 23, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited for the show and I do agree with the others who say the kids should somewhat resemble the parents as it makes the show “seem” real enough to enjoy. Genuine fans of Boy Meets World will appreciate the authenticity of the characters/storyline if it stays close to their expectations.

Comment by Nika – March 23, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one worried the spinoff will suck since disney is the one making it? I’m super excited for it to premiere but scared it’s gonna be some hannah Montana crap

Comment by Flip – June 3, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disney channel isn’t really making it though, it’s the same studio as boy meets world. I’m just starting to worry that they won’t order it to series. It’s a been a while since they pitched the pilot.

Comment by gmcube – June 3, 2013 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post