Fox Renews The Following, New Girl, Two Others

Get More: News, Renewals

The Following Renewed, New Girl, Mindy ProjectFox announced on Monday that it has renewed four more shows for the 2013-14 TV season, including the Kevin Bacon-fronted freshman drama The Following and the buzzy, bubbly sophomore comedy New Girl.

Likewise, Raising Hope has been picked up for a fourth season, and the freshman comedy The Mindy Project will be back for another round.

RELATED | 9 Network Shows on the Verge of Cancellation

The quartet of pick-ups, combined with Bones‘ previously announced renewal, effectively keeps Fox’s current Monday and Tuesday line-ups intact, with ill-fated Ben and Kate already excised.

Among Fox’s scripted live-action fare, this leaves just Glee — which with an eye on Season 5 has protracted negotiations ahead — and Touch up in the air.

In announcing The Following‘s renewal — for the same 15-episode count as its maiden run — Fox president Kevin Reilly said, “From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding. Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I’m delighted to have this thrill ride continue for another season.”

TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect today’s pickups.

Comments (182)

• COOL!!!!!!!!

Comment by Boiler – March 4, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about Fringe? (bwaaaaaaaaah!!!!)

Comment by Eli – March 5, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The January 18 episode(s) of Fringe were officially the series finale. That’s how they wrote them. And as sad as that is, we all knew it was coming.

Comment by Amelia – March 20, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fringe ended/ over and done/ story finished.

Comment by BD – May 12, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, the Mindy Project is so bad I’m surprised at its renewal. It will probably come back completely revamped, which is always the kiss of death for a series. Unfortunately, it needs it, because as it is, it stinks. Kaling’s character is completely charmless.

Comment by gefeylich – March 23, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to disagree. I love the Mindy Project, in fact Kaling’s character meshes very well with Danny, whom I cant get enough of. I am super stoked that it got picked up and I will be a proud viewer of every episode they are willing to air.

Comment by Megan – April 27, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, that show and 2 broke girls are both just a pure waste of time.
        Two broke girls are so poorly written I’ve tried to suffer through the entire 20 mins a couple of times but I hate the feeling of throwing up in my mouth, so I am compelled to change the channel.

Comment by Harrie – May 5, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben and Kate was an awesome show, Fox cancels all the good stuff.

Comment by Paul Osha – March 4, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. I don’t hate Mindy, but it’s nowhere near as good as Ben and Kate was.

Comment by Elf – March 4, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Mindy Project is far more witty with intelligent dialogue and execution than Ben and Kate ever was. Ben and Kate was cute, but the lead male character was way too annoying and predictable. It needed some serious re-tooling. I gave up on it very quickly. The Mindy Project is just a lot smarter and sharper.

Comment by Tania – March 4, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen. Really like The Mindy Project and I knew I would from reading Mindy Kaling’s book. It’s funny and you really understand her voice as a comedy writer (I already knew enough about Tina Fey’s when I read Bossypants so it was just more of her awesomeness). I appreciated the rom com fixation more on Mindy’s show. I really hope this is for her what Parks and Rec is for Amy Poehler and 30 Rock was for Tina Fey. She deserves it and the supporting cast is really talented. Some shows start off shaky and only get worse with tinkering, but I think the adjustments they’re making are with great instincts and experienced people. BJ Novak is consulting on it, and Mindy herself is hilarious. I just feel like they’re going to end up with a gem of a show. Not sure how big a hit it’ll be because Parks isn’t massive, but it’ll be a show I’ll always tune in for. Fingers crossed it becomes a big hour with New Girl so I won’t have to stress about renewal every season.

Comment by scooby – March 4, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At least with Ben and Kate the lead characters are likeable and the audience wants them to succeed. I want someone to send Dr. Lahiri to a far away place so Danny can work in peace.

Comment by Josh – March 4, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Danny needs to be less of a square

Comment by Mike – March 5, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree.

Comment by Penny – March 13, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree!!!!

Comment by jennifer – March 4, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ben and Kate was NOT good stuff.

Comment by Tania – March 4, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    YESSSSSSS!!!!! I was a little worried about Mindy but soooooo glad it’s coming back.

Comment by nguber – March 4, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about Glee???

Comment by LilAngel – March 4, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing the negotiations means who leaves or stays for season 5 my guess is the vets will leave.

Comment by Katie – March 4, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glee without Lea Michele makes no sense. They should just forget about the new characters and focus on NYADA only

Comment by LilAngel – March 4, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you but its FOX and Ryan Murphy LOL this is the same guy who thought he could replace the cast with 2.0 characters.

Comment by Katie – March 4, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NYADA is the worst. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m preferring the storylines which still take place in the school. I still like the old cast, and enjoy episodes when they return to the school for whatever reason, but it just seems to me that a show about a high school glee club works better when they focus on the high school glee club.

Comment by Joel – March 4, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Though that is what the show started as, the title is not High School Glee Club. They could have Rachel join the singing group at NYADA and have adam’s apples again for Kurt. Then it would still be about glee club. Heck, the title of the show could just stand for happiness.

Comment by Bobby Qualman – July 3, 2013 03:19 PM PDT
        • That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I’d be totally fine with the show only focusing on the original characters navigating through life in NY. McKinley High School almost seem irrelevant now, especially Mr. Schu. Of course I know that’s not going to happen and will gladly continue watching next year, but a girl can dream!

And side note, I’m extremely happy that New Girl and Mindy have been renewed!

Comment by Sarah – March 4, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If the show moves to NYADA, it wouldn’t make sense calling the show Glee anymore. Think people, beside New York isn’t as nearly exciting as i think it would be.

Comment by July – March 4, 2013 02:34 PM PDT
      • Funny, because my guess is the opposite.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – March 4, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess is that FOX is still negotiating with Ryan regarding production costs. It’s easy to determine comedies, they cost less already, and a big breakout hit like The Following. But Glee has a lot of moving parts and it’s at that pivotal time in it’s life when its costs don’t bring in the same revenue during it’s first two years. FOX can no longer just throw money at the show. Ryan Murphy has to start giving up something in order to get something now. And that could be the holdup. What gets cut out in order to move forward.

Comment by Larry – March 4, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee sucks!

Comment by Jay – March 4, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that’s great news!

Comment by S. from E. now – March 4, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good deal love all of those shows aside from The Mindy Project (which I haven’t watched) wonder why they are dragging there heels with Glee though.

Comment by Katie – March 4, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I noted above, going into Season 5 and with a large cast, there are a lot of moving parts involved when it comes to renewing GLEE.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 4, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about glee

Comment by emma – March 4, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Following is chilling and brilliant. I was never a big Kevin Bacon fan until now. Week after week, he brings it. This is definitely one of the best new shows of the year thus far.

Comment by scorpionglow – March 4, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want to agree with you so bad but I just don’t see it. I love Kevin bacon and Aaron ashmore-they are great, but the rest of the cast baffles me. I feel we need something good to happen soon or people will lose interest.

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do agree to some extent. There are aspects of it that are boring.

Comment by scorpionglow – March 4, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I half agree with both of you. The Following has been disappointing, but not so disappointing that I’m not pulling for it to get way better, which is how I felt about Terra Nova. I think that the renewal is great news; they’re locked into the path they’ve decided on for this season, but now they’ll have time to step back and take stock of what they’re doing right and wrong in preparation for Season 2. And in a lackluster year for new shows, I’m not complaining too much.

Comment by Emily – March 4, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Shawn Ashmore, not Aaron. Although the mix-up is understandable. :D

Comment by Lauren – March 4, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wasn’t he known as Aaron Ashmore when he was on veronica Mars? I could have sworn that’s what his name was…

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because there’s two of them. They are twins ;) Aaron and Shawn. I think Aaron was the one on Smallville as well, playing Jimmy Olsen.

Comment by Iz – March 4, 2013 06:03 PM PDT
          • I think of one as Smallville and the other as X-Men. I always forget which is which though, and gotta look it up all the time.

Comment by Emily – March 4, 2013 06:56 PM PDT
          • Identical twins, silly. :)

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – March 5, 2013 06:09 AM PDT
          • aaron was on smallville and shawn was in x-men. I can see the difference between them even though they are twins. first pic I saw of them together I thought aaron was younger. but I always get confused which london twin was in dazed and confused. I couldnt ever tell them apart.

Comment by ollie – March 5, 2013 08:17 AM PDT
          • although Shawn was also on Smallville as one of the meteor freaks of the week (season 1 I beleive). Not to make this more confusing :)

Comment by murley – March 5, 2013 01:48 PM PDT
    • I heartily agree! I equate this show with the likes of 24. This show is a real keeper! And the surprises never stop coming! I keep saying, “No way!” and “What?” during this show!!

Comment by Meg – March 4, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. The first couple of episodes scared the hell out of me, they were so unpredictable. Now it’s settling into a much more thorough groove. By Kevin Bacon’s character no longer denying the passive role, by him taking a gun and going out into the field, things have become a lot more interesting.

Comment by scorpionglow – March 4, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show started out good but it is now gone the way of unbelievable. Last nights episode was the last straw. His ‘escape’ was so unbelievable and not based on any form of reality. I thank god that in real life our law enforcement folks aren’t a bunch of bumbling idiots as this show portrays them. Oh yeah coming home to a mansion full of like minded serial killers. I guess the writers want us to drink the kool-aid.

Comment by Rusty – March 5, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! I have been on the edge of my seat, every Monday nite it is on! It is extremely well written. I am thrilled to hear it will be back for another season!!!

Comment by Cheryl Haapala – April 16, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This week’s episode was killer. I’m so blown away by each episode.

Comment by scorpionglow – April 16, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching The Following all season and its been captivating most of the time. Towards the middle if the season it started dragging but now has been really exciting. With the show coming back I can’t imagine what the story line is going to be. I will be disappointed if they continue this Joe, Clare and Emma line. I’m not sure I could watch anymore of that!

Comment by Keri – April 22, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that the Following will return for another season (and hopefully many more to come). Just about everyone I knew was glued to the edge if their seats to see what was going to happen next and then we couldn’t wait to get together to discuss how we felt about each episode.

Comment by Pam Koons – May 30, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sooooo glad mindys making it! The show just needs to find it’s niche, and its getting there. keep it with new girl.

Comment by yessssssssss – March 4, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m expecting the final season announcement coming for Glee. With X-Factor renewed and Touch likely cancelled Glee is all they have left to announce.

Comment by Dave – March 4, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • X-Factor was already renewed for Fall 2013.

Comment by Mike – March 4, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, Dave already said that it’s renewed.

Comment by Ariadna Oller Mitjanas – March 4, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please tell me Glee is canceled. Latest season has been barely watchable. I’m trying to hang on, but damn… It’s likes the latter seasons of Heroes. Started out so well, then just lost its plot altogether.

Comment by John – March 4, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. they should end it before it gets even worse. (is that even possible?!)

Comment by Kay – March 4, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too agree whole heartedly. I think the only reason I’m still watching is because I’ve already invested so much time. I grumble when I see it on the DVR but I always end up hitting ‘play’ anyway.

Comment by jaydub – March 4, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the Following, but how long can it go on?

Comment by Yoki – March 4, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would cancel glee so my OCD doesn’t make me watch another horrible season.

Comment by Mandzie – March 4, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. I can’t stop watching, and I hate myself for it. What is it even about anymore? They aren’t outsiders anymore, and all of them are just hung up on each other. Are any of them ever just friends?

Comment by Emily – March 4, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so annoyed that Ben & Kate got cancelled, but The Mindy Project is renewed. Ugh.

Comment by maltru – March 4, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They weren’t choosing favorites. They both had low ratings but Mindy got better demographics.

Comment by Marie – March 4, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually I kinda think they actually were playing favorites. Along with better demos, the word is the Fox execs like The Mindy Project so that had to play a part. When the network’s people have a personal investment in your show, all things being equal they’ll maybe give that one another chance. I also think it’s a better show with lots of potential. It’s sad when your show doesn’t make it. I’ve been there myself. In this case things worked out in my favor so I’m relieved, but I’m sorry for Ben & Kate fans. Don’t worry, Dakota Johnson and Lucy Punch are talented and will be just fine. Maybe we’ll see them on a new show in the fall.

Comment by scooby – March 4, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I love The Following!
    I hope Glee gets renewed. I’m assuming it will since it’s getting pretty good ratings. I read that they would like to just move the entire show to NYC since most of the original main cast will be there by the end of the season. Maybe it’s taking longer to decide if they really want to spend the money filming in NYC instead of LA.

Comment by Raven – March 4, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mindy Project lives on!!!

Comment by Candice – March 4, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope has had a wonderful season. I’m really glad to know that it’s not on the bubble for next year.

Comment by Amanda Black – March 4, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing will excite the Gleeks more with the announcement of Glee’s cancellation. Please FOX just cancel it already. The ratings won’t get any better with the same incompetent writers with their ridiculous storyline. I thought Season 3 was bad but nothing tops this season but hey maybe Ryan Murphy is deliberately running this show to the ground.

Comment by SL – March 4, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is what Ryan Murphy does. He did the same thing to “Popular” and “Nip/Tuck”. He doesn’t have the talent to keep a show going beyond season one. I thought last season’s Glee was bad, this show has been horrible. Reducing the roles of Will, Emma, Biest and Sue was a huge mistake. The top tier Glee kids (Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Santana, & Finn) couldn’t be replaced by the second tier players (Tina, Blaine, Sam, Artie) or by the bland newbies. The Glee Project failed to produce any compelling players. Just end it all now. FOX should have taken the show away from Murphy and his cronies after season 2.

Comment by Coolio Jackson – March 4, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why dost thou speakest as though thine opinion is fact?

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – March 5, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 4 is actually way better than boring season 3(even though I don’t like the newbies). I think Glee should get full season 5 and shortened final season 6. Ratings are still not that bad for Fox.

Comment by SylwekG – March 4, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sure you speak accurately for yourself, SL. But you do not speak for all Gleeks.

I am looking forward to a Season 5 of Glee, and hoping very much for a refocusing on the stories of the main core characters of Rachel, Finn, Kurt, and Santana. I would not be at all happy if the show were to be cancelled. And I am a Gleek.

Comment by STW – March 4, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I like the Nyada/NYC storyline but the rest is dismal. Sue’s character is no longer funny but just mean. That gimmick ran its course. And coach Biest has practically been out of the show and she was my favorite character. Yes, just cancel it.

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love The Following

Comment by N – March 4, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too …
      its the best show of the year .

Comment by ares – April 28, 2013 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Sooo glad they are brining it back!

Comment by Sue – May 20, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m on the fence about The Following. I get that Joe’s web of influence is long, but EVERY episode it seems a new follower thwarts the FBI just in the nick of time. I hope it finds its stride in the next few episodes because it’s a great premise and I like the cast.

Comment by KD – March 4, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Following is nearly unwatchable. The show has made law enforcement look foolish and incompetent. And a new following around every corner is just too implausible. I don’t know how it can sustain itself unless it changes that formula a bit. It has potential but every episode ending with another “thwart” is very frustrating. I wanted someone to put a but between Emma’s eyes and put her out of my misery.

Comment by Coolio Jackson – March 4, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree somewhat. I still watch but am so tired of the law enforcement being inept and stupid thing. I really wanted all 3 of the kidnappers dead by the end of the last episode, especially Emma. I don’t know how it will be set up for next season but it has to be something different from what they are doing now.

Comment by Carm – March 4, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You nailed it with the word “frustrate”. I am frustrated with the incompetence of the law and the thwarting. It’s absurd and gratuitous. As if joe can plan and thwart every move of the law. I remember being excited and anticipating 24 but with this show, I just don’t look forward to it because everyone will turn out to be a follower. I’m hoping it tightens up and gets better like The first season of American horror story. I almost stopped watching it and was glad I kept going because it got really good. The following is just falling flat to me despite my live for Bacon and Ashmore.

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, it would be a short series if the cops arrested everyone quickly so not sure what you want here. And its not like all of the killers are geniuses either. Seems like a silly complaint. If you want to watch the cops arrest the 3rd guy they question every episode, go watch Law and Order or something. I think this is a welcome departure from all the formulaic police and medical dramas on tv.

Comment by Cameron – March 4, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Spot on, get over your need for realistic outcomes and enjoy the drama!

Comment by Mike – April 2, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well said!

Comment by Cindy – April 24, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well said! If you want to watch realistic cops arresting realistic people watch Cops!

Comment by Alisha – April 29, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree!!

Comment by Keri – April 22, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! It starts being absurd at some point.

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • amen, this show is getting worse with every episode. i can only suspend reality for so long. The FBI are completely inept and I can predict how they will messup just by how they approach whatever situation they are getting into. I try to not over analyze it but it is immpossible to do with this many plot holes

Comment by vitamin V – April 2, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard the law enforcement complaint a lot in regards to the show. But, though it can be silly how Joe and his followers get away, I have to say it’s the way to give life to the show. If the followers got killed or arrested every episode, and other controversial characters didn’t come up…there wouldn’t be any real basis for Joe to have a good following! Because his following is so passionate, even willing to commit to being a part of police forces or nannying or playing gay, makes the stretch of him escaping from prison and getting away for so long believable.

Comment by Kaitlin – April 8, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope still standing !!!

YES, great way to begin a new week

Comment by El S Boy – March 4, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praying for Glee to get cancelled. It’s like a giant plague on television and music, every time they cover something you just know it’s going to be terrible. The writing is embarrassing and offensive and there are way too many useless characters. Time to end it.

Comment by Nina – March 4, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you 100%! Kill this polished turd now!

Comment by Jay – March 4, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled that New Girl and Mindy Project got a pick up!

Comment by Kristen – March 4, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for New Girl and Mindy!! i wouldn’t mind if Glee got another season too! :)

Comment by Elyse – March 4, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Happy The Following is great!!! It keeps you on your toes. Its nice to see two Guiding Light alum working together

Comment by Lynn – March 4, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was worried for The Mindy Project but I’m glad it’s coming back. I’m also glad The Following will return.

Comment by Linda – March 4, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heck yea for The Following and Raising Hope!!

Comment by Kris – March 4, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad that the comedies will all be back. I still miss Ben & Kate, though. Mindy Project has managed to work it out, and keeps getting better each week. Most of the time, retooling never works but in this case I think it’s paid off!

Comment by Dizzle – March 4, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So thrilled that the Following has been renewed that’s now two new shows i like that have been renewed

Comment by Josh – March 4, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very tough for any pilots. Will only 1 comedy be picked up?

Comment by John – March 4, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not quite. Cleveland still hasn’t got a final 13, so there are 2 comedy slots.

Comment by Jay – March 4, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good idea by FOX to keep The Following 15 episodes. Keeps the writing tight and the show from spinning off with filler episodes to fill an episode quota.

Comment by Don J – March 4, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope is awesome.

But The Mindy Project is unwarchable. She isn’t likable, the show is a bunch of horrible doctors. Just end it already.

The Following is ridiculous. I like it but how many followers can a crazy guy have?

Comment by Midori4 – March 4, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I seriously doubt you even watch The Mindy Project. Might’ve tried the pilot or something, but clearly you haven’t been watching lately. If you have, then it wouldn’t be “unwarchable” would it? It’s been good but it’s getting better. She’s definitely likable, and their being doctors is part of the world, but we don’t see much of them actually doing their jobs, so I’m not sure how you’d know they were bad at it.

Comment by scooby – March 4, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mindy is horrible, period. There’s no excuse for that unwatchable show, at all.

Comment by Tom Whiting – March 11, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Mindy got picked up! It is the only comedy I get excited to watch.

Comment by derella79 – March 4, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayyyy for the Mindy Project!!

Comment by lara – March 4, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Glee and there is no doubt it will be renewed. There are so many people to contract with, it takes time! Also, why so much hate for Glee? This Season has been great!!!

Comment by Jaime04 – March 4, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Jaime! I love Glee and always have. But of course with a show like that you’re always going to have people who disagree or don’t like it.

Comment by J – March 4, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s so much hate because it’s an awful show.

Comment by Nina – March 4, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem with Glee this season for me is it feels like two shows crammed into one, which it basically is now, and neither one of them seems to be going anywhere. Other than breaking up the main couples nothing has really progressed at all this season. Plus the musical number are getting so bland that they are all kind of just running together in my mind.

Comment by Lydia – March 4, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy with this piece of info. My day just got better!

Comment by Adam – March 4, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With only 15 episodes is The Following going to have a mid season debut again. Also very happy Raising Hope will be back.

Comment by Chris H – March 4, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for New Girl! Favorite show at the moment:)

Comment by Courtney E – March 4, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be very sad if Touch gets canceled. :-(

Comment by Tran – March 4, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Touch was one of my favorite shows last season. I was really looking forward to season 2, but I just can’t get into. I am disappointed that they lost the formula of all the separate events being all tied together at the end.

Comment by purplelizard – March 4, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At least you got through last season. Episode 1 put me to sleep, despite trying to watch it multiple times… BOOOOOOOORING

Comment by Tom Whiting – March 13, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Touch. Our entire family watch it every week. We would be terribly disappointed if the show gets cancelled.

Comment by Angie – May 6, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to like The following but if its another season of the cat and mouse game, I’m out. I find it a silly show trying too much to be like 24. I’m hoping it gets better because it hasn’t gone anywhere except get people killed. They need to resolve something soon and bring something positive to the table or they may lose viewership.

Comment by Liza180 – March 4, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s interesting that Glee hasn’t been renewed yet. I hope this means that the showrunners and Fox are seriously looking at what where the wheels went off this (and last) season. I personally think they made a mistake when they started targeting a younger audience. My suggestions: fewer characters, fewer songs (and have the songs tie into the narrative), focus on the lead characters (the ones we emotionally connected with in the Pilot and followed throughout the first season: Rachel, Finn, Will, (and later) Kurt.

Comment by JR – March 4, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Glee renewed… Agree that there are just too many charaters… the new people are all pretty bad and should be gone, especially Brody, The eating disorder girl, her white love interest and half white half black half jewish love interest, the worse version of Mecedes and Quinn, hmm… Did I just name new guy in Glee S04?? I would keep Blaine(possibly with a new third person), Santana Triangle(well that means Quinn stays), Finchel Triangle, and then some background charaters like Becky and Artie and Tina, Wemma and Sue, and sack the rest!!

Glee needs to move to NYC, because a show about high school needs to involve, not just stay in the same premise, any aspiring story can’t be told twice in the same place, it just doesn’t work.

New Directions is great but I just don’t want to see them going to sectionals/reginals/nationals every year, THERE NEEDS TO BE A NEW GOAL, A NEW UNDERDOG STORY, and how the old romance we love and adore hangs on facing the new challenges.

GLEE can be once again amazing, they just needs to make a decision to reinvent themselves. It doesn’t work to balance the two locations and frankly, the graduate go back to LIMA too too often.

I still think S4 is a good transitional season because let’s face it there’s no way that everyone goes to NYC to pursue their dreams, but now they can work out how key characters mature into going to New York, and then maybe S05 will be a brand new great season again.

I love RM and co. I love Glee, It should go on, and I hope they can be renewed, and they eventually can work out a way to give us a final quarter of season 4, and a season 5 that are as good if not more as the S1 and S2!!

Comment by Para – March 4, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A show about high school needs to evolve?

Into a show not about high school?

Degrassi has been on like 15 years straight and still takes place in high school with different chacters. That’s what Glee should have done. If they introduced decent characters we could enjoy being in the high school. Instead they got rid of all the teachers, indrotuced boringness and is a waste of space.

Comment by Midori4 – March 4, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Come on, Is OTH about high school for 9 years? or Supernatural? or OC for that matter??

Even 90210 is not about high school any more( tho I have no clue what they are about now..)

Actually if you can name one high school show that’s about high school for more than 4/5 years, I will agree with your comment.

Comment by Para – March 4, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Degrassi.

Please read before commenting next time.

Comment by Midori4 – March 4, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh sorry about that

Comment by Para – March 4, 2013 04:34 PM PDT
          • hahaha, Reading skills FOR THE WIN!

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – March 5, 2013 06:15 AM PDT
  • I like the Following but I never really saw it as more than a one season show. It felt like one of those focused shows that knew it would be ending in its first season, so it would tell its story very well. Now I feel they’ll either wrap up this story but then continue with Bacon’s character hunting down more bad dudes, which just doesn’t sound nearly as interesting. Or it could be worse and they’ll end this on some really silly cliffhanger and drag it out for however long FOX lets them. I fear this is going to be like The Killing on AMC, where they dragged out the storyline for a too long and angered a lot of people.

Comment by Joey – March 4, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love The following… But it feels like Prison Break a couple of years ago, S1 and even S2 are good but then it goes to no following at all(pun intended),

You can’t break prison too many times, and you can’t have too many followers of a psycho killer.

Comment by Para – March 4, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • GREAT example Para—-they should coin a term like “the Prison Break syndrome”. Incredible first season, almost as incredible 2nd season (in some ways better, IMHO), then they quickly run out of ideas (season 3), and then fall into complete lunacy (season 4).

Comment by Pat D. – March 4, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really enjoyed and got into the following, but I agree! Even if he didn’t die in the fire, Joe was nearly on his death bed from the stab wound, why continue to drag it out, he can’t live forever. And if they are going to completely end the Carroll cult and start with a new serial killer and another cult, no. It’s like when they make sequels to a movie without the main character; stupid.

Comment by Alisha – April 29, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo!!!! Yay for New Girl & Mindy Project! This news has made this otherwise horrible Monday a great start to the week after all :) Go awkward comedies!!

Comment by Angie – March 4, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY FOR RAISING HOPE!! so happy that it got renewed.

Comment by ollie – March 4, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed that “The Following” will now be needlessly stretched out. That’s the kind of show that should be one season and done. Or the second season should be a completely different maniac with another cult-like following. Do we really need to see Joe Carroll plot and scheme for two seasons? It already stretches credibility and we’re not even through half of season one.

Comment by JPRausch – March 4, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK GOD FOR NEW GIRL BEING RENEWED. One of the best shows out there at the moment!

Comment by em – March 4, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad for Raising Hope. Which means they will also probably get a season 5 for syndication purposes. Yay! I couldn’t care less about The Following. I gave up on that one two weeks ago. Too depressing, and secondary characters are not compelling enough. Kevin Bacon is doing a fine job, but I am not that interested in the rest of the cast to want to watch further, but good luck to it and all those who think it’s great.

Comment by Mel – March 4, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy the Mindy Project has been renewed, it was a bit shaky to start but I’m loving it lately, especially Morgan’s character, he is hilarious.

Comment by Lauren – March 4, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RAISING HOPE!! Sorry to yell… I’m just so happy! Happy for Mindy Project too! It’s been really funny the past couple episodes.

Comment by Babybop – March 4, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post