Glee Preview: Will and Emma Channel Their Inner Astaires for 'All the World'

Get More: Daytime TV, Glee, Previews, Video

In the words of Sue Sylvester, “Outstanding!”

For Glee‘s upcoming movie-tribute episode — “Girls (and Boys) on Film” (airing next Thursday at 9:30/8:30c on Fox) — Ryan Murphy & Co. have kicked things up a notch. Or should I say they’ve kicked things upside down?

RELATED | Glee‘s ‘Most Intense’ Mystery Is Solved! Plus: Resolution to the Rachel-Finn-Brody Triangle?

Indeed, in the preview video below, a reunited Will and Emma (Matthew Morrison and Jayma Mays) — whose much-anticipated nuptials were recently canceled due to a case of runaway bride — pay homage to Fred Astaire’s classic “ceiling dance” while dueting on “You’re All the World to Me” from 1951′s Royal Wedding. It’s black and white and fabulous all over, so press play, then hit the comments with your thoughts — starting with whether or not the duet is occurring in their honeymoon suite!

Comments (21)

• That was awesome, I loved it.

Comment by Naomi – March 1, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was sofa king amazing!!! It. Blew. My. Mind!!!

Comment by @PortmanReview – March 1, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fabulous!

Comment by Trista – March 1, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING

Comment by Megan – March 1, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE hearing her sing

Comment by Tom Charles – March 1, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The perfect way to show off Matthew’s song and dance talents, he and Jayma were so wonderful. I cried all the way through, I so can’t wait for next week’s episode!

Comment by Stephanie – March 1, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy with more Emma on Glee lately and I really love hearing her sing! I’ve never seen the movie but what actress was Emma supposed to be playing?

Comment by A – March 1, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really need to have Jayma sing more! Glee also outdid itself with that number.

Comment by dan – March 1, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful, just wonderful. Matthew is such a good triple threat and Jayma is adorable.

Comment by missy – March 1, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was really amazing! Both of them are so talented. Sometimes I think their talent is wasted on the show but apparently not in this clip! xD

Comment by Anna – March 1, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone really care about these two anymore? I’m pretty over them…

Comment by Lori – March 1, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, there are people who still care about Will and Emma. We’re just not as vocal as the Finchel, Brittana and Klaine fans are

Comment by Stephanie – March 1, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. I still care about and like them.
        Incredibly cute, charming, and classy, that clip. I LOVED that. It made me smile.

Comment by Angela – March 1, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There are alot of us Wemma fans out here. This was a breath of fresh air from all the top forty music and contemporary alternative music this season has been full of. Not all of the Glee fans are 1 note with their music preference. I loved Glee in the beginning because it brought all types of genres to its audiences to enjoy. Matt Morrison has the best male voice of the show and never is heard any more. He is a triple threat with talent and Glee brought it on. Jayma is stunning and so equal in the performance. Thanks for showing it.

Comment by Cheri – March 2, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Classy. Beautiful. Just, a nice breath of fresh air. Kudos!

Comment by Ana – March 1, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Style, no substance.

Comment by Josh – March 1, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jayma’s voice is great. My favorite after Dianna’s (Quinn).

Comment by James – March 1, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have so missed the talents of Matt Morrison. Classic Fred Astaire. This is something that I have missed from Glee of old. The classic and traditional music and flair from the old classic movies. So classy and perfect. Thank you Glee.

Comment by Cheri – March 2, 2013 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a breath of fresh air, because according to tweets, we have LOTS of New Directions numbers coming out. Remember when people cared about New Directions? Now they are full of Noobs. Zzzzzzz

Comment by anne – March 2, 2013 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m jsut trying to understand HOW did they do it. o-o

Comment by ' – March 3, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Special effects from a long time ago. The room is a box with the front open for the camera to film, the furniture is screwed down tight, including lamps and nicknacks. Will just walks along to music and simulate dance moves, then hang on like it he is hanging from the ceiling. Except the box is turned upside down with the furniture looking as if it is oposite of it. Just gravity of the humans make the story of the images. The furniture is static in place. So cool.
      Another first for Glee like the special effects where Rachel passes dancers, changing from Old Rachel to New Rachel/ the Naked episode. Well done.

Comment by Cheri – March 3, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post