Glee Preview: Will and Emma Channel Their Inner Astaires for 'All the World'

In the words of Sue Sylvester, “Outstanding!”

For Glee‘s upcoming movie-tribute episode — “Girls (and Boys) on Film” (airing next Thursday at 9:30/8:30c on Fox) — Ryan Murphy & Co. have kicked things up a notch. Or should I say they’ve kicked things upside down?

RELATED | Glee‘s ‘Most Intense’ Mystery Is Solved! Plus: Resolution to the Rachel-Finn-Brody Triangle?

Indeed, in the preview video below, a reunited Will and Emma (Matthew Morrison and Jayma Mays) — whose much-anticipated nuptials were recently canceled due to a case of runaway bride — pay homage to Fred Astaire’s classic “ceiling dance” while dueting on “You’re All the World to Me” from 1951’s Royal Wedding. It’s black and white and fabulous all over, so press play, then hit the comments with your thoughts — starting with whether or not the duet is occurring in their honeymoon suite!

1. Naomi says:

That was awesome, I loved it.

2. @PortmanReview says:

That was sofa king amazing!!! It. Blew. My. Mind!!!

3. Trista says:

fabulous!

4. Megan says:

AMAZING

5. Tom Charles says:

I LOVE hearing her sing

6. Stephanie says:

The perfect way to show off Matthew’s song and dance talents, he and Jayma were so wonderful. I cried all the way through, I so can’t wait for next week’s episode!

7. A says:

I’m so happy with more Emma on Glee lately and I really love hearing her sing! I’ve never seen the movie but what actress was Emma supposed to be playing?

8. dan says:

They really need to have Jayma sing more! Glee also outdid itself with that number.

9. missy says:

Wonderful, just wonderful. Matthew is such a good triple threat and Jayma is adorable.

10. Anna says:

This was really amazing! Both of them are so talented. Sometimes I think their talent is wasted on the show but apparently not in this clip! xD

11. Lori says:

Does anyone really care about these two anymore? I’m pretty over them…

• Stephanie says:

Yes, there are people who still care about Will and Emma. We’re just not as vocal as the Finchel, Brittana and Klaine fans are

• Angela says:

Exactly. I still care about and like them.
        Incredibly cute, charming, and classy, that clip. I LOVED that. It made me smile.

• Cheri says:

There are alot of us Wemma fans out here. This was a breath of fresh air from all the top forty music and contemporary alternative music this season has been full of. Not all of the Glee fans are 1 note with their music preference. I loved Glee in the beginning because it brought all types of genres to its audiences to enjoy. Matt Morrison has the best male voice of the show and never is heard any more. He is a triple threat with talent and Glee brought it on. Jayma is stunning and so equal in the performance. Thanks for showing it.

12. Ana says:

Classy. Beautiful. Just, a nice breath of fresh air. Kudos!

13. Josh says:

Style, no substance.

14. James says:

Jayma’s voice is great. My favorite after Dianna’s (Quinn).

15. Cheri says:

I have so missed the talents of Matt Morrison. Classic Fred Astaire. This is something that I have missed from Glee of old. The classic and traditional music and flair from the old classic movies. So classy and perfect. Thank you Glee.

16. anne says:

What a breath of fresh air, because according to tweets, we have LOTS of New Directions numbers coming out. Remember when people cared about New Directions? Now they are full of Noobs. Zzzzzzz

17. ' says:

I’m jsut trying to understand HOW did they do it. o-o

• Cheri says:

Special effects from a long time ago. The room is a box with the front open for the camera to film, the furniture is screwed down tight, including lamps and nicknacks. Will just walks along to music and simulate dance moves, then hang on like it he is hanging from the ceiling. Except the box is turned upside down with the furniture looking as if it is oposite of it. Just gravity of the humans make the story of the images. The furniture is static in place. So cool.
      Another first for Glee like the special effects where Rachel passes dancers, changing from Old Rachel to New Rachel/ the Naked episode. Well done.