Ratings: Golden Boy More Like Silver, Smash Steady, Celeb Wife Swap Hits Series High

GOLDEN BOYCBS’ Golden Boy on Tuesday night debuted to 10.5 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating — up from time slot lender Vegas‘ most recent 9.5 mil/1.5, but well shy of Vegas‘ own premiere (14.9 mil/2.5) and also predecessor Unforgettable‘s (14 mil/2.9).

That said, it dominated the 10 o’clock hour in both counts.

Opening CBS’ night, NCIS (20.5 mil/3.4) — starring Plucky Ducky — shed some viewers and a tenth in the demo, but NCIS: LA (16.8 mil/2.9) added viewers and two tenths.

ABC’s Celeb Wife Swap returned to a series high, up a tenth (2.4) from its previous premiere, while The Taste (1.4) dropped two tenths in its later time slot. Body of Proof (6.3 mil/1.2) shed a few viewers but was steady in the demo.

NBC got what only NBC can consider good news, in that Smash stabilized in Week 3 with 3 mil/0.9. Leading into that, Go On‘s Studio 60 reunion (3.15 mil/1.1) matched last week’s demo, and New Normal (2.6 mil/1.0) dropped some eyeballs but rose a tenth.

Fox’s Raising Hope’s My Name Is Earl reunion (3.6 mil/1.5) and Mindy Project (3.2 mil/1.6) were steady, while New Girl (4.3 mil/2.3) ticked up a tenth.

The CW’s Hart of Dixie (1.42 mil/0.6) inched up in audience and the demo, while Cult was flat at 875K/0.3.

1. Boiler says:

How embarassing that Wife Swap did well. Doesn’t say much for future of good TV

2. dan says:

I guess a “push” is good news for Smash. At least it didn’t lose viewers again. Maybe NBC will be nice to the three million viewers (hate watchers?) and air it through the end of the season before calling it a wrap.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Golden Boy was pretty good although I found the lead to be a bit awkward. Not sure what time its regular spot is going to be on Friday nights. Hopefully it won’t conflict with Grimm. Cult is boring IMO.

4. Mike says:

If Golden Boy can somehow hold those numbers in its Friday night slot, it may have a chance.

5. Emily says:

I don’t know, I think the CW would consider 0.9 good news as well… haha.

6. Jade says:

Happy to see Hart of Dixie up

7. Tran says:

Go On & The New Normal may have a better chance of getting renewed for another season respectively and I don’t know what the future holds for Smash and I’m not sure if Golden Boy may get one season tops if the series moves to Fridays in March as it replaces CSI: NY in the 9 p.m. time slot.

8. ollie says:

yay for raising hope and hart of dixie( hope people keep watching after what happened last night, I wasnt happy with the outcome but I will still watch) and bye bye cult. hopefully that means hod and nikita get renewed.

9. jasie says:

I just wish we would get a show with Chi Mcbride that does well and is good. I miss Boston Public.

10. JJ says:

Yay for Smash? Lol. Glad it didn’t drop at least. If it holds maybe it can tread water long enough for The Voice rescue boat to reach it.

11. Martoukian says:

I liked the Golden Boy better when his corpse was being dragged through Downton Abbey by Mary, Anna and the Countess.

12. forwarddad says:

If they keep original episodes of Smash on for awhile it maybe able to build some viewers. I know Fridays are a bad slot but Blue Bloods is always in reruns . Maybe if they paired it Smash with Fashion Star for a bit it might build some buzz.

13. Britta Unfiltered says:

I only watched Justified last night. Sigh. They broke my heart!!!! SPOILER ALERT:……That was way too interesting of a character to kill off!! Why did you do that to me, Justified, why?? I still think that character is Drew Thompson, btw. Ugh, I’m so mad at Justified right now for that death.

14. Melanie says:

Anyone else annoyed in Body of Proof by the “weird” filming last night of the “action” sequences? Specifically those with Mark Valley? It seemed like I was watching a different show at times when they used helmet cams and the odd car spinning around action. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come on this show. Also, not liking the preview for next week’s show at all. Paranormal and exorcism? On Body of Proof – really?!!!

15. Rusty says:

Golden Boy was a bust. It started out bad and went from bad to worse. The lead was someone who I didn’t know anything about. Now that I have seen him act, I know someone somewere must be blackmailing someone. I wouldn’t have cast this young man to be a policeman, maybe a dog walker. End it now so maybe another show mightj see the light of day.

16. Liz says:

If CSI: NY can pull off nearly that on a Friday without promotion, it would be nice to see what CSI: NY could do with 1/3 of the Golden Boy promotion after the shifting and moving and casting and this and that it’s gone through this season alone. I didn’t understand the greatness of Golden Boy with all of the commercials and couldn’t make it through last night. I wish the lead was different, because his partner had a lot of drive.

17. Linda says:

Golden Boy was more like base metal boy. He just doesn’t sound like an American-or a Brit for that matter.