Ratings: Golden Boy More Like Silver, Smash Steady, Celeb Wife Swap Hits Series High

Get More: Premieres, Ratings

GOLDEN BOYCBS’ Golden Boy on Tuesday night debuted to 10.5 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating — up from time slot lender Vegas‘ most recent 9.5 mil/1.5, but well shy of Vegas‘ own premiere (14.9 mil/2.5) and also predecessor Unforgettable‘s (14 mil/2.9).

That said, it dominated the 10 o’clock hour in both counts.

Opening CBS’ night, NCIS (20.5 mil/3.4) — starring Plucky Ducky — shed some viewers and a tenth in the demo, but NCIS: LA (16.8 mil/2.9) added viewers and two tenths.

ABC’s Celeb Wife Swap returned to a series high, up a tenth (2.4) from its previous premiere, while The Taste (1.4) dropped two tenths in its later time slot. Body of Proof (6.3 mil/1.2) shed a few viewers but was steady in the demo.

NBC got what only NBC can consider good news, in that Smash stabilized in Week 3 with 3 mil/0.9. Leading into that, Go On‘s Studio 60 reunion (3.15 mil/1.1) matched last week’s demo, and New Normal (2.6 mil/1.0) dropped some eyeballs but rose a tenth.

Fox’s Raising Hope’s My Name Is Earl reunion (3.6 mil/1.5) and Mindy Project (3.2 mil/1.6) were steady, while New Girl (4.3 mil/2.3) ticked up a tenth.

The CW’s Hart of Dixie (1.42 mil/0.6) inched up in audience and the demo, while Cult was flat at 875K/0.3.

Comments (27)

• How embarassing that Wife Swap did well. Doesn’t say much for future of good TV

Comment by Boiler – February 27, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess a “push” is good news for Smash. At least it didn’t lose viewers again. Maybe NBC will be nice to the three million viewers (hate watchers?) and air it through the end of the season before calling it a wrap.

Comment by dan – February 27, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy was pretty good although I found the lead to be a bit awkward. Not sure what time its regular spot is going to be on Friday nights. Hopefully it won’t conflict with Grimm. Cult is boring IMO.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 27, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed about not wanting Golden Boy to conflict with Grimm (what a great show, yes?) I was super bummed last year when Grimm, Fringe and Supernatural were all on at 9 pm, and the rest of the night was just crummy reruns and bottom of the barrell fare.

Comment by Mel – February 27, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Grimm!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 27, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • at this point GRIMM wins by far

Comment by Curt – February 27, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not a difficult decision at my casa :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 27, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Golden Boy can somehow hold those numbers in its Friday night slot, it may have a chance.

Comment by Mike – February 27, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know, I think the CW would consider 0.9 good news as well… haha.

Comment by Emily – February 27, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see Hart of Dixie up

Comment by Jade – February 27, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go On & The New Normal may have a better chance of getting renewed for another season respectively and I don’t know what the future holds for Smash and I’m not sure if Golden Boy may get one season tops if the series moves to Fridays in March as it replaces CSI: NY in the 9 p.m. time slot.

Comment by Tran – February 27, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, it is Kevin Tran 2.0 and he doesn’t know how to use a period and he likes run-on sentences.

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 27, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for raising hope and hart of dixie( hope people keep watching after what happened last night, I wasnt happy with the outcome but I will still watch) and bye bye cult. hopefully that means hod and nikita get renewed.

Comment by ollie – February 27, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wish we would get a show with Chi Mcbride that does well and is good. I miss Boston Public.

Comment by jasie – February 27, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Not to mention how brilliantly funny he was in Pushing Daisies.

Comment by MrMank – February 27, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know. How many shows has he had get cancelled in the first season? It’s sad because he’s a great actor.

Comment by Brandon Rowe – February 27, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You do realize he was in Boston Public,which had 3 or 4 seasons.Human Target had 2.

Comment by Shaun – February 27, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Smash? Lol. Glad it didn’t drop at least. If it holds maybe it can tread water long enough for The Voice rescue boat to reach it.

Comment by JJ – February 27, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the Golden Boy better when his corpse was being dragged through Downton Abbey by Mary, Anna and the Countess.

Comment by Martoukian – February 27, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha Ha! Brilliant!

Comment by dsm – February 27, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they keep original episodes of Smash on for awhile it maybe able to build some viewers. I know Fridays are a bad slot but Blue Bloods is always in reruns . Maybe if they paired it Smash with Fashion Star for a bit it might build some buzz.

Comment by forwarddad – February 27, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watched Justified last night. Sigh. They broke my heart!!!! SPOILER ALERT:……That was way too interesting of a character to kill off!! Why did you do that to me, Justified, why?? I still think that character is Drew Thompson, btw. Ugh, I’m so mad at Justified right now for that death.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 27, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Art is Drew Thompson.

Comment by Sg. Grant – February 27, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else annoyed in Body of Proof by the “weird” filming last night of the “action” sequences? Specifically those with Mark Valley? It seemed like I was watching a different show at times when they used helmet cams and the odd car spinning around action. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come on this show. Also, not liking the preview for next week’s show at all. Paranormal and exorcism? On Body of Proof – really?!!!

Comment by Melanie – February 27, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy was a bust. It started out bad and went from bad to worse. The lead was someone who I didn’t know anything about. Now that I have seen him act, I know someone somewere must be blackmailing someone. I wouldn’t have cast this young man to be a policeman, maybe a dog walker. End it now so maybe another show mightj see the light of day.

Comment by Rusty – February 27, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If CSI: NY can pull off nearly that on a Friday without promotion, it would be nice to see what CSI: NY could do with 1/3 of the Golden Boy promotion after the shifting and moving and casting and this and that it’s gone through this season alone. I didn’t understand the greatness of Golden Boy with all of the commercials and couldn’t make it through last night. I wish the lead was different, because his partner had a lot of drive.

Comment by Liz – February 27, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy was more like base metal boy. He just doesn’t sound like an American-or a Brit for that matter.

Comment by Linda – February 27, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post