General Hospital Shake-Up: Julie Marie Berman Out as Lulu, Role to Be Recast

General Hospital SpoilersAs countless fan faves are making their way back to General Hospital, one is on her way out.

Julie Marie Berman — who plays Luke and Laura’s beloved offspring Lulu Spencer Falconeri — has opted to exit the ABC soap. She shot her final episode on Feb. 26.

RELATED | Prospect Park ‘Willing to Equally Share’ OLTL Characters With GH: ‘It’s a Win-Win for the Actors’

The actress first announced her departure in the upcoming issue of ABC Soaps in Depth, and later confirmed the news on Twitter in an emotional statement to fans:

Berman joined General Hospital in 2005 and quickly became a hit with fans. She earned her first Daytime Emmy nomination in 2007 and brought home the honor in both 2009 and 2010.

According to multiple reports, the role of Lulu Spencer will be recast. (A spokesperson for the series did not immediately return TVLine’s request for confirmation.)

What will you miss most about Berman’s Port Charles vet? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Daytime TV

1. Amanda says:

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sue says:

I will not miss her at all EITHER. Her better than the rest attitude came clearly through her acting. Bye bye lulu, not missed by this fan of 30 years….,

• Liz Mitchell says:

I think that is an awful comment and very hurtful.I Ioved Julie playing LuLu and I think she was awesome. I will miss her and I wish her all the luck in the world.

• Beth Rabinak says:

I agree with Liz. Julie played a great LuLu. She will definitely be missed. Best of luck to Julie in her future endeavors!!!!
          Beth Rabinak

• vivian foster says:

i agree with Liz and Beth. I will miss u .I dont care for this nw one. Ill gat use to her i guess.
            comment by Vivian june,11,2013

• Kanika says:

“Better than the rest attitude”
        Do not let your preconceived notions get the best of you. How dare you make such hurtful comments about a great actress!

• lynda bryant says:

ditto -m never liked her attitude

• Cathy J Wells says:

I don’t know what your problem is with Julie Marie Berman playing LuLu, however I personally think she and her husband on the show had a very special connection. I’ll miss her if you won’t.

• Carole Crosvy says:

That is a very hateful comment to make about Julie-she is awesome!!! I hope that GH gets her back soon-love the chemistry with her and Dante!!

• Dawn Livas says:

So sad she is a great actress, played the role of Lulu well. Good luck in your new adventure.

• You are such a smart but you didnt have to make a comment that you would not miss julie berman, Didn’t you Mom teach you if you could not say something nice dont say anything .Maybe people say the same about you. Truly Esther Murray

• Kate says:

Horrible! I will GREATLY miss her, she was (and IS…) super cute! And I do not think she has a “better than the rest attitude” at all! She was (& is) a great actress and will be sorely missed… I wish only the best for her but I really wish she hadn’t left the ‘Lulu’ role… :(

• Kate says:

Plus! Lulu (Julie) and Dante had a great connection! Even the writers and producers cannot argue that!

• Jeanne Osbahr says:

Don’t care either way. Let’s give new LuLu the benefit. We were just used to Julie.

• Michelle says:

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!! Did find out until it wasn’t Lulu in the vault!!!!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!!

• to the rude idiot who made the mean comment about julia you must not be a true fan. i have also been a fan for 30+ years since i was in 5th grade she is an amazing actress and did an amazing job as lulu. i did not find out either till the vault scene. it sucks. i am tnot o pleased with the recast. we will see how she does. hopefully we can get julia to come back….. fingers crossed.

• what a terrible idea,,i hope she knows what she is doing..she was a perfect Lulu.She even reminded me of what a young Laura would have looked like. Dante and Lulu were PERFECT together. This new girl not only doesn’t look half as pretty as Julie, she’s SHORTER than Dante, and SKINNIER, she looks almost GAUNT by comparison. THis new girl will have some shoes to fill. Good Luck,,,I miss Julie already
      …sad day for Port Charles.

• melissa says:

if anyone that has the attitude you are talking about is Maxie. But that makes her character and i’m glad she is back. It wasn’t the same without her. But i had to look it up to find out why Lulu wasnt’ her but Abby from Y&R. i couldn’t figure it out, specially when i just saw her on Y&R. She’s a good actress, followed her since GL. She does have shoes to fill, but i believe the writes will probably change her so she isn’t trying to be Julie Berman. i wish her well, but i will miss her as Abby. As for that ladies comment – U R NOT A FAN OF GH. i’ve been watching this off and on in my years since HS with my bff. and u r so wrong about lulu.

• C.M. Edwards says:

I want Julie back who played Lulu. I will not be watching GH again until she is back………

• Arlene says:

I dont like the new LuLu because Im use to her being Abby on The Young and the Restless. What are they doing? They’re taking cast off then bringing them back as someone else??? Im finished watching the show, doesn’t make any sense. We want the old cast

• Pam says:

It’s been almost a year and I want Julie back as LuLu! while her replacement seems like a very nice person I’m just not liking her as LuLu. Please bring Julie back.

2. Kira says:

Absolutely love her!!!! Sad to see her go but I wish her the best. Julie is leaving big shoes to fill. Hope whoever they choose is up to the task.

• Paulette says:

Will miss her just as I do miss Jax and Jason…but dont blame them. Poor writing and bad story lines are losing all their good fans.

• Arlene says:

I agree the story lines are unbelievable and with new cast coming in, so confusing Glad its summer because I am not goingto watch it anymore

• Mary says:

Since all the best actors like Jason,jax, and lulu left, the show is not same.i really loved lulu, she acted so real like it was actually alive family. Please bring them all back, I have watch this show since the beginning,now it is boring,get rid of the vampire acts,and stop bringing back the dead that have been gone for so many years already.

• Lynne R. says:

Yes I have been watching General Hospital for all 50 years. Julie was the best at being Lulu. I will really miss her. Never realized she was leaving. I wish her the best in all she does. Maybe she will return like Kristen Storm did. Afan of hers forever!!!!!!!!!

• kate says:

Kirsten/kristen (I get em confused, sorry zenon!) Storms left because she had endometriosis. She had to deal with that. So glad she’s back, too! Julie seems to have left left. That was confusing for sure in the vault! She kind of reminded me of the daughter helena killed when the frost was hard to see through. So, it was shocking. Tony Geary should get an emmy for the mourning monologue, too!

3. Maddie Mae says:

JMB is the reason I watched GH… Now I don’t have a reason to watch it anymore.. Thanks to RC and FV, they f***ed with my characters. This is the reason Julie is leaving!!!

If by chance RC and FV EVER see this, maybe this will be a wake up call for them, to RESPECT their actors and use them!!

• Meg says:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about how FV and RC treat the actors. Could you elaborate?

• LynnD14 says:

What are you talking about? Did she say she was leaving because she was unhappy? She’s been on the show since 2005 and probably just wants to try something else. I’m tired of GH “fans” complaining since these two guys came over and basically saved this show. Ratings are up since they took over. If it weren’t for them, the show would have been canceled just like AMC and OLTL.

• Angela says:

I could not have said it better. GH is back to it’s original super soap status and I love it!! Great job GH!

• Lee G says:

I agree with you LynnD14. Actors leave all the time to spread their wings. She’s young and talented and deserves to explore her options without people judging. As far as Ron & Frank I feel they aren’t destroying General Hospital. Quite the contrary. I can’t wait for 3:00 Monday thru Friday to see my favorite stars, both current and returns! ABC, good job of putting the love back in my afternoom. Keep up the good work & congrats on bringing Ron & Frank on board.

• Danita says:

Please, all they do is recycle old plots and characters. That appeals to the older vets, but how about expandind the fan base to keep the show alive. That’s what will save the show.

• Lee G says:

I agree. The problem is people don’t like change, whether it’s the EP or HD? Epecially not their favorite characters/actors. I understand, change is hard to deal with but also neccessary. I for one wish Julie Marie Berman all the best. With a talent like her’s the sky’s the limit! General Hospital has stood the test of time and will continue to grace our screens for decades to come!!

• I will also miss her. GH has gotten so good. You can’t wait until the next show to see where everyone is falling into a new type of character. I say, it’s neat. ONWARD

• Cassie says:

I will never understand the hate and blame leveled at Ron and Frank. They have made GH must see television – something it hadn’t been for many years. They’ve brought back beloved fan favorites and given great material to fan favorites like Lulu. The serogacy storyline gave JMB lots to sink her acting chops into. She wanted to move on. It happens. Best of luck to her. She will be missed but it is her choice and she is entitled. GH is incredible thanks to RC and FV. Hopefully Lulu returns to the canvas soon for the Ice Princess 2.0 storyline.

• Not really Fabrice's maman says:

There’s a fringe element of the soap fan base who will never be satisfied with anyone unless they do preCISEly what they want done with their precious characters. I believe–back in the Gilmore Girl days–Lauren Graham called them “Crazy Internet People”. :-)

• Brenda says:

I don’t have anything bad to say about the writers. However, I strongly object to the vampire storyline. I am a 56 year old woman; not a teenage girl, and this crazy vampire storyline is just not appealing. In fact, I find myself fast-forwarding through GH more often than not since that storyline started. If it stays this bad, then I’ll just stop watching. Fast-forwarding becomes a waste of time.

• Le Fleur says:

Oh I sooo agree with you! I’ve been fast forwarding through a lot of storylines, esp. the Kate/Connie crap–enough already! Also the sickening relish overkill! And Vampires?! Give us a break–the writers are teens?! Come on GH–step up your game or it may be–GAME OVER!

• I agree about the vampire story – too much!! Connie is a Great actress but let’s get on with it and stop the duel roles. Tracey is also a great actress but the “pickel Tracey” is getting boring Carlie (Laura Wright) is the best. She’s a keeper – I hope.

• kimberly says:

I agree with you about the vampire storyline. I don’t like that Brit is pregnant with Patricks baby either. Probably down the line we’ll find out that its really dante and lulus baby because she took their eggs and injected herself. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

• Joyce says:

I agree that the vampire/pickle Lila/Connie/cate storylines have gotta go! Along with the silly characters- Todd & Lucy- even Luke… Thank goodness for the fast forward button. Some of the story lines insult our intelligence! Dante and Lulu had serious chemistry! I’ve NEVER taped and re-watched any episode like the lovemaking scene to Adele’s “Make you feel my love”! Good lord!! Excellent couple and they stayed together for longer than a few months! Yay! Good luck to Julie and thank you.

• Lori says:

Maddie Mae, that is NOT true! They wanted Berman to stay but she wants to try movies and primetime. This is her choice and it is selfish of her – GH started her career and she refused to stay for the 50th anniversary! Give me a break!

• JLC says:

Don’t call her selfish. This is her job, her career, and she wants to try something new. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think a lot of fans tend to forget that these characters are played by real people with real lives. She doesn’t owe anybody anything. And she is being very humble about leaving, saying how hard it is to say goodbye. Sounds to me that you are the selfish one. God forbid she leave your show before you say it’s ok! If you are really a fan, you’ll wish her well and hope maybe some day she’ll return. In the meantime, you also have no idea if she’ll be a part of the 50th Anniversary shows. She just finished taping this week, so she will probably air into April when those shows are airing. Reserve your judgements until you know the whole truth. Better yet, just reserve your judgments, period.

• JLC says:

I also just read that JMB told the show LAST JULY that she would not be renewing her contract when it expired in NOVEMBER. They asked her to give them more time to figure out how to proceed without her and she agreed to stay until March 1st. Once again, you should get your story straight before you start judging. She is absolutely not selfish.

• Kimberly says:

I second all of this. No reason to call her selfish! I will miss her terribly. She’s one of my favorites on the show and I LOVE the friendship btwn her and Maxie. It won’t be the same with a new actress but I wish Julie all the best and I hope we get to see her somewhere soon. She’s a wonderful actress with a lot ahead of her.

• sukie67 says:

I totally agree. She isn’t selfish, she’s an actress who is moving on to further her career. If you got a chance to meet your goals, would you stay where you started?

• Dot says:

They forget all this when they want to move on. They liked this steady paycheck for awhile but now are forgetting them and us. The least she could have done was the anniversary.

• Angie says:

Even non actors seldom stay with a single employer for their entire lives. Why shouldn’t actors be able to fo the same especially when they are young and still have opportunities.

• stacie says:

Wow get a life I love soaps GH OLTL however they are actors doing a job collecting a pay check!! So Good luck Lulu!! Love that you are spreading your wings..

• Bob says:

Sorry, Maddie Mae, but GH is 1000 times better since they dumped the previous EP and Head Writer. Who wanted a show centered around the mob? Yes, some actors, like Steve Burton, are attached to the previous regime, thus his quick turnaround after leaving GH to be with her. But as others have said, it appears to be her decision to pursue other opportunities. When those fail, and they will, she’ll be back.

• Paulette says:

Wrong, nobody likes GH anymore, but a handful of people…Poor story lines and writing are to blame…vampires really?? Give me a break.

• pat kinney says:

I happen to love G.H. but am sorry that Jason, Steve Burton left and now Julie Berman left and thank goodness Maxie returned that girl that replaced her is just terrible nothing personal just her voice got on our nerves. and when is John Starr and Todd coming back? Unless one life to live is coming back to T.V. for an hour like before. they had a lot of people that watched on there dvr’s because a lot of people have to work now. ya know because it takes two incomes now to pay for every thing now. Don’t keep messing with the soaps and putting talk shows and reality shows on we have reality all around us. we want our soaps so we don’t have to think about reality. At least that’s what my girls and I think

• Lee says:

And you gey this info where??????

• Lee says:

Sorry “get”, and this comment was aimed at Paulette’s comment that nobody likes GH anymore.

• Danita says:

“when those fail…” Burn! I personally hope the new Lulu sticks around. I get tired of adjusting then readjusting. I agree about the mob thing, but GH really needs to move forward. Find new characters, give them long lasting storylines and stop sidelining them for returning characters. That’s fine for the anniversaries, but I’m constantly having to google old characters to catch up to what was going on twenty years ago. The show is both better and worse off. This new team is totally catering to the old school fans. Can a viewer under fourty and over fifteen (vampires?!) get a little attention.

• Lee says:

How & why would you blame this on RC & FV?? They have nothing to do with Julie wanting to try something different!! GH hasn’t been this good in years & if you’re going to stop watching b/c ONE person is leaving to spread her YOUNG wings then you are NOT A TRUE FAN OF GH & no one needs you!!!

• Bev Woodcck says:

She is also the reason I watch GH. Loved her story with Johnny. Seems like no one cares about the fans.

• carol m.murray says:

Well Don`t watch it no more I am pretty sure that General Hospital is not going to lose any ratings because you don`t watch, You need to thank God that Frank,and his partner saved General Hospial,because you really would have had something to complain about then

• Veronica says:

It better not be to pay for these old ass characters coming back. Not enough young beautiful actors like Julie. I’m out!

4. Abbey says:

Nooo!! She is lulu!!!

5. Teresa says:

I wish GH would bring back Daniel Benzali! :-)!

6. wrstlgirl says:

Wow, that sucks for us but I wish her the best in her future career. Lulu and Dante have some great chemistry, it’s going to be difficult to replace that IMO.

7. Sarah says:

Oh my gosh this sucks! She is a true standout on GH. I hope she goes on to even bigger things. Lord knows she’s talented enough.

8. KJ says:

Bring back Jen Lilley for Lulu. That would slay me.

9. RagingStorm says:

Must see tv? Really? The surrogacy storyline sucks! It’s not even about Lulu and Dante anymore, it’s become about Maxie/Spinelli/Ellie. How was that storyline something for her to sink her teeth into when she’s rarely on screen anymore? Dante’s rarely on either!

• Cassie says:

If you don’t think the surragcy storyline has been good for JMB then I’m not sure what show you’re watching. She has done some amazing, emotional and funny work that may garner her another Emmy. I honestly think “fans” can’t see the forest for the trees because they want Lulu pregnant and not a surrogate. Sit back and enjoy the show. It is a good one.

10. nancy dillingham says:

Oh, so sad to her she is leaving. Was so disappointed in the vehicle (remake of the March sisters) that played some months ago. I wish she would have remained on GH and worked herself into better roles. That one surely did not further her acting chops. She was charming but the movie was a hot mess.

• wednesday says:

I loved her in the beginning when she was with Johnny, but she has annoyed me as Lulu for quite some time now. She was horrible in the March sisters movie & made me hate the movie. If she hadn’t been in it the movie would have been more enjoyable.

11. ThankYouLord says:

I’m so happy that she is leaving! Her character is so whiney. She can take dr. britt, olivia and her stupid premonitions, and sabrina with her.

• carol m.murray says:

I disagree ! I like her, but you can get rid of Britt I can`t stand that evil b***h I like Oliver,and give Sabrina a chance, because I believe they are going to change the part that she plays around some, because she appears to be a little mousey type girl wearing those glasses, but remember Lucy coo when she played a librarian she was the same way.

12. nancy dillingham says:

And the character is seemingly coming into a storyline with Luke and Laura–re Ice Princess. Bad timing indeed.

13. Pennagirl says:

Question..is there a Lucky Spencer on right now? So Luke and Laura’s kids are not on GH?

• wrstlgirl says:

In Nashville :-)

• AngieD says:

Lucky is wandering around Europe. Between Elizabeth revealing that he was indeed the father of her son Aidan and the death of his wife, he decided to leave PC. That was a couple of years ago. The actor was tired of the ‘dark’ storylines for Lucky and had been hoping for a Lucky/Liz reunion. Since that was forthcoming, he asked for a break and they wouldn’t accommodate him – so, he didn’t re-sign his contract.

Lulu is being recast. Especially important since Luke and Laura are back in PC and they are kicking off a big storyline.

Nicolas Cassadine (Laura’s son with Stavros Cassadine) is in Greece with his son.

Luke’s son Ethan (with Holly) is wondering around Europe too.

• Kristin says:

I thought Ethan was dead.

• Angie says:

Ethan left town because Helena wanted to kill him and Luke told Robert Scorpio that Ethan was Robert’s son to give Jim something to live for when Robin died. Since then, Luke admitted truth to Robert

• Lee says:

Funny how Lucky didn’t want to play a “DARK” roll anymore yet on Nashville he plays even more of a jackass then Lucky ever was or could be… At lease Nicolas has a great part in the Lying Game! He has done pretty well for himself.. I but Jonathan Jackson will be back real soon, as soon as Nashville kicks him to the curb…

14. Tran says:

Better recast Jason Morgan and/or Lucky Spencer sooner rather than later.

• Coolio Jackson says:

They could bring in a stick to replace Steve Burton….the Jason storyline played out a LONG time ago and Steve Burton is a terrible actor. GH is better than it was a year or so ago, but it is losing its way with too many characters…a lot of dispensable ones at that (Star, Olivia, Connie, McBain, Kristina, Dante) I am so over the blonde squad (Maxie, Lulu, Star). I wish they would give some of the vet players better story lines (Elizabeth, Monica, Alexis). I do hope that Lulu takes Dante with her along with the stupid surrogacy story.

• Paulette says:

Steve Burton is the best actor I know….Followed him to his new location soap due to GH has way too much poor writing now. Too bad GH is losing a lot of great fans…

• Bob says:

I’m sure all the characters being added will settle down after this 50th Anniversary year is over.

15. Mandy says:

As much as I love Julie Marie Berman, she’s not going to make it in primetime or the movies. GH would be better off sending her off the canvas for six months. I bet JMB will want to come back then.

16. Sunshine says:

Sad to see her go. She was great as LuLu, she is a great actor & actually looks like she could be the daughter of Luke & Laura but she is replaceable. Think about it…They have replaced Carly about 4 times. (Tamara Braun is still my fav Carly.)
    I hope they replace her quickly. I know they tape a ways in advance but I still wouldn’t want them to lose any momentum with the great storylines they have going & with all the returning fan favs… Like Laura & Scotty :)

• Jen says:

Agreed. Sad to see her go, but you’re right in bringing up the Carly’s. I’ve always been sad to see them go, but they’ve always found a good replacement. Too bad though b/c I always thought she looked just like Laura!

• Sandi says:

I agree Julie Marie Berman as Lulu is the best ever and there no one who could ever replace her & the girl they Are replacing her with will never stand up as the perfect
      Lulu. And Tamara Bruan is my favorite Carly too.I don’t like Sarah Brown or Laura Wright
      At all. If you would like to know who’s taking over for Julie it’s Marcy who from Y&R she
      Played Victor Newman daughter

17. erin says:

Love this actress maybe we can get her on vampire diaries or nashville

18. Marie says:

Sad that she is leaving! Wish her success in future projects. Sorry she will not be around for the 50th Anniversay Show. Hope the storyline shows her true talent.

• Meg says:

The shows that were taped are most likely going in late March/early April (they tape 10 shows a week). She could very well appear on the 50th anniversary episode.

19. McAmster says:

I say yeah! She looks like a twelve year old playing dress up with her Buck teeth. Now if they can just get rid of the horseface that plays Britt and bring back Alan (shiz, if they can resurrect this crappp that is the vampire story, they can bring back Alan!), then I’m on board!

20. Spencer says:

Sad. I liked Maxie and Lulu’s chemistry as friends. They were always funny together. Also, this recast has big shoes to fill. As of now, all of the Spencers have Daytime Emmys for their performances on GH (Jonathan Jackson has 5, Julie Marie Berman has 2, Anthony Geary has 7, and Genie Francis has 1).

21. John Bridge says:

I’ll miss her hot little body.

22. JLC says:

I love JMB. I’ll miss her but I wish the actress well. It will be a hard role to recast, but they’ve done it before. There is no one I trust more than GH’s casting director, Mark Teschner. He’s awesome. (Yes, he’s hired a few duds here and there, but he’s mostly come through with winners)

23. Megslin says:

NO WHY! THIS IS SO LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. TruthWillOut says:

I’ll miss her. She’s a good actress, and she looks uncannily like Luke and Laura. But I suspect she’ll be back eventually. These soap stars always leave thinking they’ll find greener pastures only to discover that Hollywood is brutal and full of younger, prettier, more talented actresses. When they’ve been out of work for awhile, they inevitably come back to the soaps. So will she.

25. Jimmy says:

I will miss JMB, because she’s been on the show for so long, but Lulu really isn’t one of my favorites, and she’s never been. Sure, the timing for this really isn’t the greatest considering Laura just returned (finally!) and their delving into a new storyline which Lulu seems to be quite involved in. But, I think a new actress could shine a new light on Lulu and make her a generally more likeable character. While we’re at it, why don’t we bring back Lucky and Nikolas? Having all of Laura’s kids on-screen with her, and all involved in the same storyline could be fantastic! This could also pave the way for the returns of Helena, Cesar Faison (again – just break him out of prison) and Jerry Jacks! Hey, why dont we have him return to town with Robin?! Then we can end all this Britt the bitch madness! Just a thought….

• Autumn Hill says:

Thank you! I agree at first I couldn’t stand JMB and simply I got used to her, but for a Spencer was that great especial towards the middle the character was whiny and dependent and lost the take charge Spencer attitude, but she regained it. They should recast someone with the Spencer charm, brains, and looks.

• Danita says:

I could say it better myself, but no much better. Never liked Lulu myself, but liked JMB. I thought it was so cool when Lulu and Carly were bonding. It’s a shame the issues between them just died out with such a wimper. Hopefully the new Lulu will bring a stronger chemestry with unexpected characters…not you Milo. Who knows what will happen with the Lulu 2.0 since the writers will have to tweek her interplay for months at least.

26. Linda says:

Hi…I am Thrilled that Julie is no longer going to play Lu Lu! She is SO annoying and I think she has NO chemistry with Dante. I would’ve loved Dante to be with Dolores, they had real sexy chemistry. Lu Lu comes on more like his annoying sister or something!
    I hope the recast has chemistry with Dante! I think anybody will be better then Julie B. is. She seems so full of herself. still I wish her well and hope she finds happiness wherever she lands…as long as it’s NOT on G.H. LOL

27. Barukka says:

Although I am sad to see JMB go, I believe that now is the best time for her to go. She has matured on the show, she is a very beautiful woman and an amazing actress that she should have no problem being successful outside daytime. I am bummed mostly because of how well they casted her because of her resemblance to a young Genie Francis. If she and Tony Geary had a love child…. :) If things don’t go we’ll for her, outside daytime, she always has a home at GH and I’m sure Ron and Frank told her that.

28. Big Red Dog says:

From the 1st day Julie Marie Berman joined the cast of GH i’ve believed that No One, could be more perfect to play the part of Lesley Lu “Lulu” Spencer.

29. Angie says:

I have to add that I agree that Gh has improved under the current writers. The have respected the history if the show and the stories are generally relationship driven. You can see the female friendships and bonds if family. It’s no longer just about mob.

• Danita says:

In some ways I agree. But, history has to continue to be made. There is not enough forward momentum because of all of the recycling of characters. I love Helena, but I was watching cartoons when she put her curse on L & L. Time to modernize. Seeing Sonny and Jason get shot at every few months was getting old so they moved away from it. That’s progress. So why backslide into old legends? Edward is gone now. Helena must be 90 years old. These favorites are getting old. If they’re not replacable then we all need to face the fact the the shows’ time is almost up. Unless it’s to be filmed in a senior citizens’ home.

30. Sandi says:

We the fans will miss Julie Marie Berman as we do Steve Burton they both are one of a kind no one can take there place ever Julie M Berman the best Leslie Lulu Spencer F.
    As Steve Burton is the Jason Morgan Hitman for the mob. Miss Tamara Bruan as the
    Best Carly ever.happy Anniversary General Hospital on your 50TH April 1st,1963 to
    April 1st,2013 Simple the Best. I want to see Anthony Geary & Genie Francis as Luke
    And Laura Spencer back together once more & Jason Morgan & Elizabeth Webber to
    gather like they were supports to be.

31. Sandi says:

They need to be smart about this or there going to lose lot of people if they get rid all the
    good actress & actors & replace then with others I have watch General Hospital for long
    time now but losing Julie Marie Berman & Steve Burton was bad. They almost lose Rebec
    ca Herbst untill us fan stepped in. She the best Lulu ever But they did bring back one of
    my Favorite Genie Francis that Was Cool

32. Sandi says:

i DEGREE WITH THAT SHE IS 100 % BETTER THAT THE ONE COMING TO REPLACE
    JULIE MARIE BERMAN. YES BRITT IS A BAD PERSON NOW HER MOM IS ON THE
    SHOW THATS EVEN WORSE AND YOU GUY DON’T LIKE SABRINA AT ALL WHY
    THE OTHER ONE THAT I DON’T LIKE IS SPENILLI NEW GIRL FRIEND.

33. Sandi says:

I Meant I disgree about Julie Marie Berman she the best

34. Sheila says:

General hospital just plain sucks now! They have made the characters do things they would NEVER do!! So far away from the real essence of who they were created as! Killing off Jake?? Jason gone?? Sonny now reduced to a crying softy?? No Lucky, barely any Elizabeth time and no Jax… Terrible television… Not must see at all

35. Sandi says:

Do you guys like the girl who replacing Julie Marie Berman I don’t like her she from Y&R
    Marcy Rylan there lot better Actress than her

36. L Kastel says:

Gonna be hard to let the original LULU go. Just like it took me a long time to get used to the new Maxi. Glad the original Maxi is back……………maybe the original LULU will come back soon, too!!

37. alli says:

what about “Lulu’s” baby? and whoever becomes the new Lulu im sure will be good but it wont be the same

38. Kaci says:

If jmb isn’t playing Lulu I’m done with gh I have no reason to watch anymore I pub Dante and Lulu changing her actor will ruin everything

39. I’m heartbroken that she is leaving!

40. Judy says:

It just won’t be the same without you JMB!

• Sandi says:

Julie Marie Berman is the Best One to ever The New Girl I think is not very good
      The Only Reason were getting her because the Writer from Y&R we should got
      together fight for Julie to stay as Lulu Spencer F. Julie Marie Berman Rules

41. Karen says:

I am saddened to see Julie go. She is the perfect Leslie Lu and it will be hard for me to see someone else in that role. I am thankful they are not killing her off.

42. Veronica says:

Noooo!!! Why??? She was perfect for the role and she even looks like Laura! I don’t even want to watch GH anymore. We just have old characters that I’m not into. I don’t need to back in time when I was 5. Bring Julie back!

43. Sylvia Martin says:

You change characters on that soap as often as an adolescent buys napkins; what part of getting to know these beloved actors dont you understand? ?? Are you that clueless to human emotion that you think of your fans as simple puppeteers you can control just because you control the administrative part of the show; and you can fire anyone because they rubbed you the wrong way? And we will learn to love the next character because you commanded us to? I am really glad you did this ..ever since Jason leftni have been furious with you..I feel a weight has been lifted…soaps are going out of style and all you had left are your devoted fans..but why should I watch anymore when you instead of Lulu should have been replaced..I’m sure if you had asked your fans we would have picked you to leave..after all your stories are made for a 3 year old to believe..Best of luck to you Julie Marie in your future endevours..so long as you stay free of antiquated soap operas that cater to idiots who are no more than mere puppets ona string you should do great…good ridance

44. Lynn says:

You will be missed. Hope we see you again in the future on GH…watching soaps for 50 years I know anything is psossible :-) Good luck and God Bless!!

45. aleta leblanc says:

I was so sad when carly was replaced but I really love her now!! We’ll all learn to love the new lulu as well. Change is hard to accept. But seriously the vampire crap almost made me give up on my favorite show! Glad I stuck it out but I’m hoping that storyline is OVER

• debra says:

I’m really going to miss Julie German but like you said she wants to try other things so its good just hope the new Girl is good also

• Raye says:

So right, that vampire story line was crap. So far out of the realm of reality. I agree it was terrible. Wishing JMB the best. She is young, and has a long time to work, she needs to stretch her wings and see what else is out there.

46. Al Rod says:

(Wow Julie the “ultimate” Laura look-alike is going to be very well missed and very ODD to see the new actress in her role not resembling Luke & Laura’s daughter! Well as they always say in “Soap-Opera Land” they always come back!! Look at the original adult A.J. actor returned after like 10 years ago and what a very Smart move by the casting director to return him to his original role!! Julie will come back in time perhaps sooner than later!!)

• Sandi says:

i agree with that she will be missed alot because she the only one who can play Lulu
      The Other Girl They are Replacing her with I don’t Like at all. She should stay on the
      Soap She is Coming From & They Find Someone Else to Play The Awesome Julie
      Marie Berman This Storyline that the New girl doesn’t remember her Husband or Her
      Parent I don’t like the way it is going it better get good very soon or there going to
      lose lot of Fan I will watch it because I have seen so many Star Come and Go through
      the Years. I also don’t think this Marcy that going to play Lulu will last she not that great
      at acting I think

47. D. Lawson says:

I will truly miss Julie, loved her in the role of Lulu thought she was great. No judgments here, that’s what’s wrong with folks too quick to judge. What I don’t like is that they replaced Julie with Marcy Ryan (ex: Abby Carlton) The Young and the Restless. She was good on Y&R but not too sure how she would do as the replacement Lulu on GH.

48. Deb says:

New actress playing Lulu is not particularly attractive and, more importantly, looks WAY too old for the part — looks almost as old as Laura, not like her daughter. UGH!!!

49. dac12 says:

GH is awesome it always has been the best soap on tv. But I will sorely miss Julie Marie her beautiful face, lively attitude and an a exceptional actress. Good Luck we will miss you so much.