Exclusive

Carrie Diaries Exclusive: Former Sex (and the City) Workers Cast in Multi-Episode Arcs

nadia dajani noelle beck carrie diariesHopefully there’ll be no rift in the TV space-time continuum when a pair of Sex and the City alumnae join The CW’s freshman prequel dramedy The Carrie Diaries for multi-episode arcs.

RELATED | Monday Ratings: Castle Draws Monday’s Largest Crowd, The Following Dips, Carrie Diaries Ticks Up

Nadia Dajani (Ned and Stacey, The Big C) is joining the show as Deb, a feisty woman who begins dating Carrie’s widower dad Tom — but without his daughters’ knowledge. Dajani previously portrayed SATC‘s “pretzel girl” Nina Katz, who dated Aiden after he split from Carrie.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Meanwhile, Noelle Beck (As the World Turns, Cashmere Mafia), who played Mr. Big’s first wife Barbara in a Season 1 episode of SATC, has been cast as Sebastian’s sometimes absentee mother Ginny, a woman who flits in and out of her son’s life and isn’t afraid to share the intimate details of her romantic life with him.

Stoked about these new Carrie Diaries casting developments? Any other former Sex workers you’d like to see become a part of Ms. Bradshaw’s mid-80s adolescence? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. maki says:

would be nice if Nadia’s character has a daughter named Nina ;-)
    I’m not bothered with this just simple casting calls.

2. wrstlgirl says:

After last night’s lackluster ep and last weeks Thanksgiving ep I was ready to delete this from the DVR but now maybe I’ll stick around and see if these new additions add some development to the series. I really liked it at first but now not so much. It’s pretty much the same blah blah week after week.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Actually let me correct myself, it was Monday’s ep that I watched last night, duh :-)

4. Coop says:

I am hopeful that this show will return for a 2nd season. That said, they do need to re-tool a tad – but all great shows go through some sort of sophomore shake-ups. I was never a mega fan of SATC, I am however a fan of this show, it’s nice to see how our beloved characters turned out the way they did by going back and seeing them in their teen years :)

5. tawnii says:

The whole series is inconsistent because at one point in SATC carrie told burger her dad split then another point she had said to some other guy her mon had split. So it was never consistent to begin with

• sara says:

SATC was based off of one book, leaving a lot of room for creative writing, it’s kinda hard to keep everything by the book when there is only one to go off of. Once the story based off the book was done, they simply made up what they wanted for the characters and it became a different story, it was no longer completely based off her one book, it had a life of its own. If Bushnell wants to deviate from the show she can, it’s her story.

6. Jade says:

I thought production on TCD was over at this point..guess not.

• mia says:

I thought the same. It feels like the show was supposed to air in the fall, what with the halloween/thanksgiving episodes. I thought the full 13 episode season was filmed and done.

7. Elyse says:

i really like TCD so far!!

8. dude says:

Love Noelle Beck. She was great on ATWT!

9. Erin says:

Appearing in a single SATC episode hardly qualifies someone as SATC “alumnae”.

10. megan says:

I love this show. Hoping it gets renewed.

• ofmodeandmen says:

It’s called publicity to reel in more fans from the original. As a die hard fan of the original series, I have to say I’m quite pleased with TCD. The characters are (somewhat) realistic for TV standards and it has potential to get better in terms of character and story development. I digress.

I actually thought these female characters were pretty strong figures ib SATC that deviated Carrie’s development as a single woman in her 30s and 40s. Would be interesting how they’ll play out in TCD.

11. Name says:

hahaha former sex workers

12. Wednesday says:

I hope they cast Annalynne McCord as Samantha Jones when “90210” finally gets cancelled

13. Jen says:

I spotted she was Nina Katz straight away! Sorry avid SATC fan, just doesn’t seem right, I agree ‘Deb’ has to have a daughter called Nina!