Carrie Diaries Exclusive: Former Sex (and the City) Workers Cast in Multi-Episode Arcs

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

nadia dajani noelle beck carrie diariesHopefully there’ll be no rift in the TV space-time continuum when a pair of Sex and the City alumnae join The CW’s freshman prequel dramedy The Carrie Diaries for multi-episode arcs.

RELATED | Monday Ratings: Castle Draws Monday’s Largest Crowd, The Following Dips, Carrie Diaries Ticks Up

Nadia Dajani (Ned and Stacey, The Big C) is joining the show as Deb, a feisty woman who begins dating Carrie’s widower dad Tom — but without his daughters’ knowledge. Dajani previously portrayed SATC‘s “pretzel girl” Nina Katz, who dated Aiden after he split from Carrie.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Meanwhile, Noelle Beck (As the World Turns, Cashmere Mafia), who played Mr. Big’s first wife Barbara in a Season 1 episode of SATC, has been cast as Sebastian’s sometimes absentee mother Ginny, a woman who flits in and out of her son’s life and isn’t afraid to share the intimate details of her romantic life with him.

Stoked about these new Carrie Diaries casting developments? Any other former Sex workers you’d like to see become a part of Ms. Bradshaw’s mid-80s adolescence? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (19)

• would be nice if Nadia’s character has a daughter named Nina ;-)
    I’m not bothered with this just simple casting calls.

Comment by maki – February 27, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last night’s lackluster ep and last weeks Thanksgiving ep I was ready to delete this from the DVR but now maybe I’ll stick around and see if these new additions add some development to the series. I really liked it at first but now not so much. It’s pretty much the same blah blah week after week.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 27, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually let me correct myself, it was Monday’s ep that I watched last night, duh :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 27, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am hopeful that this show will return for a 2nd season. That said, they do need to re-tool a tad – but all great shows go through some sort of sophomore shake-ups. I was never a mega fan of SATC, I am however a fan of this show, it’s nice to see how our beloved characters turned out the way they did by going back and seeing them in their teen years :)

Comment by Coop – February 27, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole series is inconsistent because at one point in SATC carrie told burger her dad split then another point she had said to some other guy her mon had split. So it was never consistent to begin with

Comment by tawnii – February 27, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SATC was based off of one book, leaving a lot of room for creative writing, it’s kinda hard to keep everything by the book when there is only one to go off of. Once the story based off the book was done, they simply made up what they wanted for the characters and it became a different story, it was no longer completely based off her one book, it had a life of its own. If Bushnell wants to deviate from the show she can, it’s her story.

Comment by sara – February 27, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought production on TCD was over at this point..guess not.

Comment by Jade – February 27, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same. It feels like the show was supposed to air in the fall, what with the halloween/thanksgiving episodes. I thought the full 13 episode season was filmed and done.

Comment by mia – February 27, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really like TCD so far!!

Comment by Elyse – February 27, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Noelle Beck. She was great on ATWT!

Comment by dude – February 27, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Appearing in a single SATC episode hardly qualifies someone as SATC “alumnae”.

Comment by Erin – February 27, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Hoping it gets renewed.

Comment by megan – February 27, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s called publicity to reel in more fans from the original. As a die hard fan of the original series, I have to say I’m quite pleased with TCD. The characters are (somewhat) realistic for TV standards and it has potential to get better in terms of character and story development. I digress.

I actually thought these female characters were pretty strong figures ib SATC that deviated Carrie’s development as a single woman in her 30s and 40s. Would be interesting how they’ll play out in TCD.

Comment by ofmodeandmen – February 27, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha former sex workers

Comment by Name – February 28, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they cast Annalynne McCord as Samantha Jones when “90210″ finally gets cancelled

Comment by Wednesday – February 28, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be a show killer for me. I cannot stand her. She’s the main reason why I dumped 90210 a couple years ago.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 28, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would love to have Annalynne play Samantha onTCD.

Comment by Ms Big – February 28, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I spotted she was Nina Katz straight away! Sorry avid SATC fan, just doesn’t seem right, I agree ‘Deb’ has to have a daughter called Nina!

Comment by Jen – April 15, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post