Pilot Scoop: Brittany Snow to Star as Legal Ladder-Climber in Fox's To My Future Assistant

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

39th Annual People's Choice Awards - ArrivalsBrittany Snow will play an ambitious law-school grad looking to raise the bar — now that she’s passed it — in Fox’s comedy pilot To My Future Assistant, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

The potential series is based on a blog and upcoming book of the same name by Lydia Whitlock. It follows the grumbling, oppressed assistants at a tony New York city law firm, and it is written by Sherry Bilsing-Graham (Friends) and Ellen Kreamer (The New Adventures of Old Christine), with Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz also serving as EPs.

Snow’s character Jen hopes to snag an associate lawyer position at her firm, thus freeing her from the tedium of being a legal assistant.

The project’s cast also includes Catherine O’Hara (Best in Show) as a powerful lawyer/not-so-nice person.

The actress followed her American Dreams run with roles in Nip/TuckHarry’s Law and Gossip Girl and parts in feature films. She also played a love interest for Ben & Kate‘s Tommy before Fox pulled the comedy from its schedule in January.

Comments (7)

• love her!

Comment by Elyse – February 26, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This post made me miss Ben & Kate :(

Comment by Thari – February 26, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All these pilots give me a headache!

Comment by Boiler – February 26, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its hard to get excited for pilots, when you know the majority of them wont get picked up.

Comment by Jake – February 26, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Kathy Bates do any episode! ;-)

Comment by Harry Slaw – February 26, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittany is adorable I’ll watch anything with her in it.

Comment by kelly – February 26, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I despise lawyer shows… But I’m such a HUGE Brittany Snow fan that I will definitely watch this one!

Comment by KC – February 27, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post