Exclusive: Lindsay Sloane Finds Happiness, Joins Sean Hayes' NBC Comedy Pilot

WEEDS (Season 7)Lindsay Sloane (Weeds, Grosse Pointe) has joined the cast of NBC’s Sean Hayes-fronted comedy pilot (tentatively titled Happiness), TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Your Complete 2013 Pilot Season Guide: Get the Scoop on All of Next Fall’s Possible Newcomers

The project, from Better Off Ted creator Victor Fresco, centers on a man (Hayes) attempting to both parent the teenage daughter who just moved in and appease a temperamental boss (Reno 911! alum Thomas Lennon).

Sloane will play Liz, the BFF of Hayes’ character.

The cast also includes sitcom vet Linda Lavin as Hayes’ mom.

Fresco penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Hayes and Todd Milliner (Hot in Cleveland, Grimm).

Comments (6)

• Congrats Lindsay! We’ve missed you on our tv on a regular basis.

Comment by dan – February 26, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its made by the creator of better off ted! im in.
    its got lindsay slone in it! im in again (if thats even possible)

Comment by Alan – February 26, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Lindsay in Sabrina, but I can’t handle a show centered around Sean Hayes. He bothers me.

Comment by Steven – February 26, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A nice choice – Lindsay is a pro. As prior comment noted, couple her with Better Off Ted creator VF, this show has a nice touch.

However, as the prior comment noted as well [took the words right out of my mouth], Sean Hayes is fine, but needs to keep it toned down a bit so that he doesn’t over run/over-shadow the rest of the team. Remember Sean, there is no ‘I’ in the word ‘team’. I’d impart that same advice to Michael Urie [Partners], Tyler Labine [Mad Love] and Josh Gad [1600 Penn]. All good guys and funny actors, but they operate at one overload level, and run the risk of running everyone else off the screen and that kills the ensemble; and inevitably, kills the show.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – February 26, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lindsay, this is great news. And that’s interesting you should mention that about Sean Hayes, Urie, Labine, and Josh Gad. I think all four are amazing and hysterical actors and I don’t think they hurt their supporting cast’s at all. Sure Mad Love, Partners, and 1600 Penn all got low ratings but I wouldn’t blame them. It’s hard for sitcoms to survive these days without a really big name actor top-lining. Those guys are all great but they don’t have great name recognition yet. Hayes does of course. We’ll see if this one gets picked up, it has a lot of competition.

Comment by KevinY – February 27, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry michael, but it should read Lindsay Sloane (Sabrina The Teenage Witch), missed valerie, wanted mitre of her on my tv, good.

Comment by Martin – February 27, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post