Pilot Scoop: CBS Drama Reckless Adds Mad Men's Michael Gladis, The O.C.'s Cam Gigandet

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Gladis_GigandetMad man Michael Gladis and O.C. surfer villain Cam Gigandet have joined CBS’ Reckless, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TVLine’s Guide to Pilot Season 2013: Get Scoop on This Fall’s Possible Newcomers

Reckless is a sultry legal show set in Charleston, South Carolina, where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a Southern City Attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal.

Gladis will play the police force’s Chief Knox, and Gigandet will play the lead character of Roy, the city attorney.

Gladis is best known as Mad Men‘s copywriter-turned-Hare-Krishna-turned-would-be-screenwriter Paul Kinsey; his recent TV credits include Justified, How I Met Your Mother and Leverage.

Gigandet was Ryan’s nemesis Volchok for two seasons of the teen soap. In addition to playing vampire James in the first Twilight movie, Gigandet’s resume also includes Jack & Bobby and The Young and the Restless.

Comments (11)

• There are two pilots called Reckless, one is from ABC and the other from CBS. The ABC pilot is the one with Ashton Holmes and the one Michael Gladis and Cam Gigandet were cast in the CBS one.

Comment by Paulo – February 26, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes; fixed. (Shades of last year’s dueling Beauty and the Beast pilots!) — Mgmt.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 26, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see CBS picking up Reckless so maye ABC will win this battle

Comment by Ram510 – February 26, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually CBS has shown nothing but positive interest since filming began here.

Comment by Awarholview – April 4, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Lord: More cops, more lawyers … can’t they think of ANY other settings for TV characters?!

Comment by Lyn – February 26, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Paul Kinsey back on Mad Men!

Comment by Kassie – February 26, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where/how ge to be an extra? live in Charleston-Randy

Comment by Randy Mc – March 29, 2013 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is it supposed to air? My boat is supposedly in it as a prop from reds icehouse.

Comment by Shaynanagans – April 8, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Randy Mc: To be an extra, the site Ive found useful to land a gig is extrassignup.com

Comment by Brianna – October 24, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good day, I’m a new blogger and I enjoy reading
    this blog, so I figured maybe I could receive your guidance on some dilemma that I
    have. Do you list everyone’s responses? Even those who are just annoying?
    I just don’t know what I should do.

Comment by blogspot.com – November 27, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post