Pilot Scoop: Pushing Daisies' Lee Pace to Headline AMC Period Drama Halt & Catch Fire

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Halt & Catch Fire Lee PacePushing DaisiesLee Pace is dipping his toe back in the TV waters as the star Halt & Catch Fire, an AMC drama pilot from Breaking Bad EP Mark Johnson.

Set in the early 1980s, Halt & Catch Fire chronicles the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas’ Silicon Prairie.

PHOTOS | 25 Actors We Want Back on TV Right Now

Pace will play the confident and powerful Joe, the smartest guy in the room who is two steps ahead of both his allies and his enemies. Once a superstar salesman at IBM, Joe recently departed under mysterious circumstances only to resurface at a Dallas tech company called Cardiff Giant. It’s here that he demonstrates an ability to masterfully seize control, even as his demons continuously threaten to rear up at the most inopportune times.

Mackenzie Davis is set to co-star as Cameron, a talented but volatile computer programming graduate student whose aggressive exterior has everything to do with protecting a vulnerability underneath.

Chris Cantwell and Chris Rogers penned the script and will serve as EPs alongside Johnson and Melissa Bernstein.

Comments (26)

• Lee Pace!!!! Love him. Loved Pushing Daisies, and also love him in everything else I’ve seen him in (Breaking Dawn, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Wonderfalls…) Glad to hear he’ll be in a new show!

Comment by Cara – February 26, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific news. I’ve been a fan of his ever since “Wonderfalls.” He’s proven he’s got the chops for more serious fare as well. He gave a heartbreaking performance in “Soldier’s Girl.”

Comment by WayneInNYC – February 26, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled to have Lee Pace back on TV!

Comment by heathercnelson – February 26, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather just have new episodes of Pushing Daisies.

This new show doesn’t interest me much, but Lee’s involvement guarantees that I will be watching.

Comment by Eric – February 26, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER! I can’t say this plot strikes my interest, but his face on my tv every week sure does.

Comment by Lucy – February 26, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything that brings Lee Pace to my tv in a weekly basis has my entire support.

Comment by Tinemi – February 26, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cardiff giant? Lol. I hope favreau is in it

Comment by Ben Kabak – February 26, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love Lee Pace! He’s great and Pushing Daisies is one of my most beloved shows ever.
    I am definitely in.

Comment by Eliza – February 26, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Lee Pace so much!! God, I still get depressed when I think about Pushing Daisies. I guess I’ll check this show out.

Comment by rachelle – February 26, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news I have heard all day.

Comment by Samantha – February 26, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news!!! I loved in him in PD and am very happy to see him back on TV! I’ll be watching this one no question

Comment by Jenn – February 26, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Legitimately in loooove with Lee Pace!! SUCH great news =D

Comment by Tedi – February 26, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a cool show. After the last couple of false starts at AMC, sounds like they’ve finally got a new series in the pipeline ready to catch some buzz (and BB fans who will be quite sad come summer).

Comment by J – February 26, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not sure if this show would be on my radar otherwise but lee pace is certainly a compelling reason to check it out.

Comment by murley – February 26, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Done and done

Comment by adlib19 – February 26, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited!

Comment by Kat – February 26, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lee…

Comment by linajohn – February 26, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen Pushing Daisies or any of Pace’s other work, but I’ve heard nothing but good things. So I guess I should be happy that he’s returning to television, and especially that he’s doing it on a cable show.

Comment by Superhero – February 26, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news since I adore Lee Pace! Guess I’ll finally have to cave and watch AMC.

Comment by Michelle – February 27, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like a lot of others here I don’t find the premise of the show particularly interesting, but will watch for Lee Pace. He is so fantastic and Pushing Daisies is the one show’s cancellation I have never gotten over.

Comment by Julie – February 27, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still burns my backside that ABC canceled ‘Pushing Daisies’ when they did. It wasn’t their fault the stupid unions went on strike and killed the season.

Comment by Bob – February 27, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for Lee Pace back on Tv! But how are the 1980s “period”? When I first saw the headline I had visions of him a la Mr Darcy (how swoon-worthy would that be!?). But alas.

Comment by Carolyn – March 1, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS. WOW. I JUST CAN’T.
    It’s about time Lee Pace is back on television. Great news!

Comment by Charlotte – March 3, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The lovely Mr. Lee Pace (: I’m definitely looking forward to watching this!! So excited to see him in something new and a tv show is perfect since that equals seeing him A LOT lol. I just hope that they air this in my country :( otherwise I guess i’ll watch it online. Been watching pushing daisies repeatedly lately, still waiting for something from Bryan Fuller :p

Comment by Mary – March 14, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bryan Fuller has continued! His new series is Hannibal. Definitely a 180 in terms of mood [more dark, less happy], but amazing if you can enjoy that sort of thing. :)

Comment by Rob – August 15, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post