Dancing With the Stars Season 16 Cast Revealed: Who's Likeliest to Win? Check Out Our Odds!

Get ready for a deluge of sequins, a bounty of spray-tanned torsos and GAMS FOR DAYS — plus the wit and wisdom of Tom Bergeron and the awkward interview questions of Brooke Burke Charvet. Yes, folks, Dancing With the Stars returns on March 18 (8/7c), and ABC officially announced the Season 16 cast today on Good Morning America.

Below, check out our gallery of the bold- and semi-bold-faced names who’ll be trying to cha cha cha and quickstep their way into your hearts on the reality juggernaut — along with their pro partners, their competitive advantages and hindrances, and estimated odds of winning.

When you’re done, hit the comments with your own thoughts on who’s likely to win, who’ll make the finals, and who’s going to be the first celeb booted. And for all my reality TV news, interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (82)

• Lisa Vanderpump on DWTS? I just had a reality TV addict’s orgasm, pardon my french and oversharing.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – February 26, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SAME HERE! I’m so excited for her, give me already the number I have to text to vote for her, lol.

Comment by m – February 26, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this means Ingo will be going back to GH sometime soon!

Comment by Rebecca – February 26, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kind of liking the cast this season. too bad i don’t watch DWTS!

Comment by Elyse – February 26, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do Mark and Derek always get the young girls (Kellie and Aly) and Tristan, who is also young gets Dorothy Hamill? Really DWTS? It’s obvious that the producers want Mark to have s many wins as Derek. Ugh.

Yes, I’ll still watch. Glitter and rhinestones and spray tans, oh my!

Comment by duranmom – February 26, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more! I saw Kellie was teamed with Derek and I just snorted. Go Tristan & Val! (I don’t even cheer for the stars anymore…I just like the pros. <3)

Comment by Sara – February 26, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think a lot of the time, they try to pair according to height. If you’re small, you’re not going to get a tall pro. Mark and Derek have gotten their iffy partners. Heck Mark is coming off Bristol and a early exit. So of course they might give him someone who has a chance. Heck Val is getting a jailbat pairing this year. A 16 year old. It will be interesting to see how he handles a 16 year old when he’s so sexual. And was able to use it with Kelly. Not so this year…

Comment by Stacey – February 26, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mark Ballas iffy partners: YES. Derek Hough: Has never placed lower than 6th. Certainly Derek’s talent and teaching ability has a lot to do with it- but looking at the list of Derek’s partners- I could say “Oh yeah- she’ll be able to move” about each one.

Val with the 16-year-old cutie WILL be interesting. Maybe she’ll stop lighten him up a bit? I got so sick of the onstant Val/Kelly smoldering and moody looks last year.

Comment by MD – February 26, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Derek and Mark almost always get the young girls who are athletes or show a lot of potential. They are two pros that I can’t stand. But I’ll still watch! Go Ingo! :)

Comment by Jen – February 26, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I partially disagree. I think Mark has gotten the shaft with partners…Bristol Palin, Shannen Doherty and someone else who I can’t remember….so many times. I do agree the deck is always stacked towards Derek and I hate how the stick Tristan with the older women. I wonder if they have a “priority” list, although since Tony won last year, I’d think he would get first dibs.

Comment by MK – February 26, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think a lot of the pairings has to do with who matches up the best in height. But yeah, they also do like to give the more talented, athletic partners to Derek, and often Mark (though you are right, they don’t always give him someone awesome). I think the producers know Derek brings in a huge fanbase, and pairing him with someone that can probably win keeps his fans watching longer. I hate it, it reeks of unfairness to stack the deck like that.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 26, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark had Bristol Palin. Twice.

He. Has. Suffered. Enough.

Comment by Alice – February 26, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ain’t that the truth.
        Not really any notable names in this season’s particular cast that would hold my interest. But I like Tristan, and I’ve been watching the show for years, so I’ll still tune in.

Comment by Angela – February 26, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Derek and Mark always get what they want. How about next year a older partner.its only fair.and bring macs back. derek put your shirt back on.

Comment by Linda wilkins – April 23, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My interest has waned the last few seasons. And this cast isn’t about to change that. Andy Dick? Really?

Comment by David – February 26, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excited about Dorothy, Ingo, Kellie, Aly and Jacoby Jones!

Comment by Trista – February 26, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Aussies together … lovely

Comment by Bridget – February 26, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t the all star series supposed to be Derek’s last? Did I imagine that?

Comment by ABBY – February 26, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He played like it was to get votes.

Comment by Amanda – February 26, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He had a few seasons left on his contract. He talked about taking this season off to work on outside projects but they worked it out so he could do this season. I think he is trying to fulfill his obligations to the show and it worked out.

Comment by Allison – February 27, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! Kellie Pickler! I love her!

Comment by Laquisha – February 26, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He didn’t play to get vote. He is not Maks. He was going to take off this season because of his other projects, On Friday he announced on twitter that he got a call from TPTB and the show and him worked out a deal that he can do the show , which he likes doing very much plus his other projects.

Comment by Lisa – February 26, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a lot of atheletes this year. I hope Kellie and Ingo do well because I will be rooting for them. I thought Derek wasn’t coming back or was that just a ploy to get attention.

Comment by Mary – February 26, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Kim was doing Celebrity Apprentice Australia and wouldn’t be appearing this season. Was hoping I wouldn’t have to listen to her this season. :rolleyes: :/

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – February 26, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they fired Chelsie Hightower and hired Lindsay from So you think you can dance? Interesting.

Comment by Mark – February 26, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow that’s a harsh interpretation. My view is the pros seem to come and go, take seasons off as they please.

Comment by lauren – February 26, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Maks = no me

Comment by ATM – February 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you 100%. Without Maks, I’m not interested.

Comment by Genelle – February 26, 2013 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cast “so-so” not much of an exciting variety and seems to be an athletic season! The first season ever that I won’t worry if I don’t get to see a show. Honestly…without MAKS this season, I doubt I will have that weekly “DWTS addiction” (lol) I’ve had in the past! Good Luck to the Cast of 16….

Comment by Shianne – February 26, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rumor has it that they will be announcing Sean Lowe as a contestant after the AFTR.

Comment by Marcia – February 26, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • whats AFTR?

Comment by sabina – February 26, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry! ATFR. Means After the Final Rose.

Comment by Marcia – February 26, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That means absolutely nothing to me. Plain English instead of code, please?

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who’s left for him partner with?

Comment by Jane Doe – February 26, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Zendaya and Team Aly for me! I’d be rooting for Kellie but she got my least favourite pro EVER.

Comment by Amanda – February 26, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS forecast for Season 16? BORING!!! Yawnnnn

Comment by Mari – February 26, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty short list considering past seasons had 16 contestants.

Comment by Amelia – February 26, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY??? Why couldn’t they come up with some more popular of STARS??? And, Maks not being on the show this year will have the ratings low. Looks like I will take that spring night class afer all.

Comment by Missy – February 26, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Popular stars are too busy working to do this show.

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they need to do two rounds of DWTS a year. It’s exhausting.

Comment by Steph – February 26, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Coal mining is exhausting. Television is not.

Comment by David H – February 26, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um… you get exhausted sitting on your butt watching two seasons of DWTS a year? LOL! If it tires you out that much, just don’t watch it.

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst.Season.Ever. Andy Dick? Really? Don’t even know half of the rest of the “stars”. If I would watch (which with this cast, don’t think I will be), I’d be team Ingo. Cute and charming and love his accent! Also, hope that little diva Kellie gets kicked out first.

Comment by J – February 26, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally only know 5 of those people. They need to start putting the word, stars, in quotes.

Comment by Paul – February 26, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a pretty typical lineup, and your comment is one that people have made since the first season of the show. Some of the stars are basically known for one thing, so if you don’t watch daytime soaps (Ingo Rademacher) or pro football (Jacoby Jones) or gymnastics (Aly Raisman) or whatever other specific genre, of course you’re unlikely to know those contestants. But within their own niches, they are names. If you’re not interested in the contestants, you can simply not watch or post, and I think that would make everyone happy.

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t understand the dislike for Kellie Pickler. I’ve seen her at the Opry a few times and she’s impressed me with her showmanship and she’s carved out a nice niche for herself in country music. Also, her support of her BFF by shaving her head as well was a remarkable non-diva gesture, regardless of whether you like her or not.

Comment by vincent dante – February 26, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So nobody else is going to comment that Zendaya is an actress ON A SHOW ABOUT DANCING? DWTS has had their “cheat” contestants over the years but this one seem ridiculous, even for them.

Comment by Candace Fox – February 26, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Their ringers get more hilarious by the season.

Comment by Lola – February 26, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • eh that dancing on the show doesn’t count for much. The real news is she got a last name

Comment by Jiggy – February 26, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just lol’d…because I didn’t know zendaya’s last name either hahaha

Comment by amichelle – February 27, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to see Jacoby Jones dance his way toward the mirrorball trophy this season DWTS. I predict Andy Dick to be the first celebrity hoofer eliminated on the show.

Comment by Tran – February 26, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we just stop and notice that Lindsay Arnold from SYTYCD is going to be on Dancing with the Stars??!! So excited for her!

Comment by Larissa – February 26, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the battle of the ballroom blondes last season, I was in her corner for sure! Loved her sportiness and good attitude. I will miss Chelsie though. Would be bummed to learn the firing rumors are true.

Comment by Marta – February 26, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping Jacoby Jones doesn’t win I hate the Ravens and already had to suffer very overrated Hines Ward win!

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone knows Maks is leaving the show anyway, right?

Comment by Meg – February 26, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Ballas gets paired with a competitive, out-to-prove herself beyond her sport Olympic gymnast. You haven’t told THAT narrative before, DWTS
    I haven’t been in a good Ballas mood for a while now. This won’t help. And I like many get Hough moody too- but will be entertained by his partnering Pickler. I’m rooting for Tristan to take both those suckers down! Who’s with me??Go Tristan and Dorothy!

Comment by Marta – February 26, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was DANCING WITH THE STARS? Not many stars here. This is one season I will not watch. Am tired of Mark and Derek getting the young partners. This now leaves room on my DVR for something more entertaining.

Comment by Pam – February 26, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol Andy Dick ftw

Comment by Jiggy – February 26, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s like the show wants to ensure that Mark and Derek (especially Derek) are final-3 bound before the show even starts.
    And no Max? No Lacey? boo :(

Comment by marge – February 26, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually think Lisa Vanderpump could do really well. I think it’s a shame that she’s being kind of $h*t on just for being a reality star. She’s also a businesswoman and was once an actress and guest starred on Baywatch and others. I know it’s not exactly the resume of many stars but it is the resume of many of Dancing’s stars. I’m really sick of people (TV snobs) putting down people for watching reality TV. I LOVE scripted TV, I want to write scripted TV. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy a reality show here and there. IMO, there’s no shame in that. Plus, she’s got a hell of a personality. So, go Lisa!

Comment by Rob – February 26, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! “Stiff” and “humorless” are definitely not two words I would ever associate with Lisa. She is actually one the most beloved housewife! Hope she goes far!

Comment by Km – February 26, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Michael— J.R. Martinez from All My Children is another soap star who won besides Kelly Monaco.

Comment by Xandra – February 26, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not an Olympic watcher…I know, I know, but I’m not. However, if the olympian is popular and well liked, I’m glad she’s with Mark since he always gets the controversial (and not in a good way) partner. Of course Derek gets the young pretty blonde. Tony and poor Tristan always get stuck with the oldest women in the cast. So who have I heard of? Kelly Pickler, Dorothy Hamill, Wynona Judge…and I don’t see Sean Lowe there, even though I heard he’d be on the show. I don’t think I’ve heard of many others. The fact that the pros have been changed..which is something I don’t get…is also troubling to me.

To be honest…it looks like a snoozefest, once again, to me.

Comment by Lily L. – February 26, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh…had to read again. Andy Dick I’ve heard of. He’s the comedic relief, I suppose. I thought he was dead but I guess not. Although, DL Hugley would also be considered the comedic relief…surprised Cheryl got him over some football player. I’m guessing the woman in the green holding a dog is one of those “Housewives of where ever” person. Well, I suppose I’ll root for Mark. That is if I don’t fall asleep watching.

Comment by Lily L. – February 26, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Maks has left the building. Never thought I’d see that happen. No Chelsie this season either. I am surprised at how many new pro dancers there are.

Comment by robinepowell – February 26, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Tony is the reining champ and they match him with Wynona?
    I’m also wondering who really has the best fan-base for mass texting and calling votes.

Comment by Jane Doe – February 26, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah ZENDAYA! She not a ringer. Ballroom dancing is hard even for a hip-hop dancer. Love ya Zendaya.

Comment by tiffany – February 26, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Maxs is not coming back!! What were they thinking?? Val should have been paired with Kellie. I think they might have got it wrong this year!

Comment by Marianne – February 26, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t Maks quit the show?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 26, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Bones…this season doesn’t impress me at all.

Comment by Sunny – February 26, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa VanderPump is the MOST BELOVED HOUSEWIFE ever. Period. We love Ken very very much and Giggy is the sexiest housedog ever! (Little Louie in second place – Love u Big ANG!!!)

Comment by McAmster – February 26, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Kellie Pickler! I love her!!

Comment by Mari – February 26, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is my one guilty pleasure, but their partner choices often frustrate me to no end when they stack the deck for the particular pros who always seem to win and give lame ducks to the pros I like. I’m not sure why I keep watching, because this show really knows how to push my anger buttons (as do some of the fans). I’m not thrilled about having three newbie pros, especially when there’s a lot of pros I like that I feel don’t get to be on the show very often. What happened to Lacey? Why doesn’t Louis ever get to be on anymore?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – February 26, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zenday’s show is not ballroom dancing, it’s hip hop. They’re not exactly interchangeable. Also, I don’t believe she’s had any prior dance experience before her show. Roshon Fegan (her costar) is a known dancer and he only placed sixth. So don’t count her in quite yet.

Comment by Erin – February 26, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never heard of most of these people. Not what you’d call big stars. I won’t be watching this season.

Comment by Phoenix – February 26, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dorothy Hammil (looking INCREDIBLE BTW) AND Wynonna? ♥♥♥ both. May actually tune in to this for the first time in my life.

Comment by kirads09 – February 27, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not watching because Max won’t be there half naked entertaining my pupils.

Comment by Mateo – February 27, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season is going to be so boring. Nothing has changed at all. They have given Derek and Mark the celebs with the most potential to make it to the finals. BORING!!!!
    They have given Tristan and Tony the older celebs again which is very unfair as Tony won the glitterball last season and Tristan has not been given a young partner since joining the show.
    They have kept on that awful female judge who brings nothing but negativity to the show but the worst decision that has happened has to be that Maksim Chmerkovskiy is not going to be back on DWTS. I’m glad his brother Val will be back but the show will be missing Maksim’s passion for ballroom dancing and sense of humour he brought to the show.
    i think the ratings are going to be terrible because of these poor decision from the producers.

Comment by John – February 28, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watch this show because I love the amazing dancing. I like particular stars, but if they are bad dancers they have to go. By making it a popularity contest we have to endure way to many weeks of tedious, wooden performances. Look at Donnie Osmond. He made big mistakes every single dance, but he won. Last night was a ray of hope for me. As famous as she is, they kicked off Wynona after she plodded around with a scowl on her face while poor Tony tried to drag some life from her. Maybe more dance fans, less groupies are doing the voting.

Comment by Kat – April 3, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post