First Look: CBS' Golden Boy Shares His Secrets — Then Shows Off His Skills

Get More: First Look, Premieres, Video

GOLDEN BOYYou don’t rocket up the ranks of the NYPD without having mad skills, and CBS’ titular Golden Boy is here to show off his, in a first look video from this Tuesday’s series premiere.

Downton Abbey‘s Theo James stars as Walter William Clark, Jr., an ambitious beat cop who will become the youngest police commissioner in NYPD history. Until then, and as told in flashback, he must navigate the tricky waters of having earned a conspicuously quick promotion to homicide detective.

Settling into his new gig, Clark is partnered not with hot-shot Detective Arroyo (True Blood‘s Kevin Alejandro) but pokey Detective Don Owen (Pushing DaisiesChi McBride), a veteran two years shy of retirement. In this clip, Owen nudges his partner to open up about an issue impacting his work. Clark in turn displays observational skills that will serve him well in his new job — if he can stop walking around like an entitled prodigy.

Loading video...

Golden Boy will air Tuesday, Feb. 26 and Tuesday, March 5 at 10/9c, before moving to its regular Fridays-at-9 time slot on March 8.

Tags: ,

Comments (16)

• The overboard over promotion of this new series is already putting me off it.

Comment by kirads09 – February 25, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first episode has been up on the CBS site for about a week. I watched it, and I liked it; I like it about as much as I’ve liked most other series’ first episode. It will be interesting to see where they take the character – as the series shows the character both in present time and 7 years into the future when he’s police commissioner.

Comment by taliesin – February 25, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked the pilot. Too bad Vegas fans already went crazy and thrash this show.

Comment by Nikki – February 25, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m unsure if I want to watch this – if for no other reason than I’m annoyed with James for ditching Bedlam Heights after one season and screwing us fans over.

Comment by mia – February 25, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The commercials and promotion for this show have been so over the top that, quite frankly, I’m sick of it already.

Comment by cha11 – February 25, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already watched the pilot and I can say that it’s better than expected. I just hope that it won’t go the case of the week route, but more like POI -> being a little serialized with case of the week episodes.

Comment by davor – February 25, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does a single network have two separate shows about NYC police commissioners?

Comment by Doug – February 25, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because that single network seems to only put out clones of the same show. They aren’t called C rimes B eing Solved for nothin

Comment by Ram510 – February 26, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The accent sounded bad, can imagine it becoming quite frustrating to watch. Although, I like the look of the show so will give it a chance.

Comment by db – February 25, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg..why they didn’t add that this guy came here from europe as a youth to compensate for his horrible fake american accent is beyond me…can’t get past it..

Comment by Leslie jaeger – February 27, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good. I plan to give it a shot.

Comment by Holly – February 25, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bs’d
    Enjoyed it. A pleasant change from faux-fairy tales and NBC faux comedies.

Comment by mamamitzvah – February 25, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anybody know the name of the song on the TV commercial? Sounds Great.

Comment by Tom S – February 25, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its called Radioactive by Imagine DRagons :) love the song!

Comment by Salimah – February 25, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have read so many articles concerning the blogger lovers except this article is genuinely
    a pleasant post, keep it up.

Comment by übersetzung französisch deutsch sätze – August 4, 2013 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a promising show with a different slant that was refreshing and I watched it as long as it was on and so didn’t several others I know. It is a shame they didn’t have a chance as you could have changed several others around.

Comment by Rosey – February 13, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post